Guidetti

Usf266r

Don't have a link to the interview however,listening to him last night on sportsound post match.said 3 or 4 times that whoever they get in the next round is,"Going down".wee bit arrogant in my opinion but my point is i think he'sthe first foreigner that's sounded thick to me.if i had put a weegie accent to his words it would have sent me under the duvet.on a side note the interviewer was havin pups over the chance of them meeting the rangers.should have mentioned it being their 1st meeting but that's never goin to happen.Hope they avoid celtic and put off the nonsense that goes with it.Aberdeen or utd should then do what is expected and pump them.that is all.

Does come across as a bit of a ******.

Nevermind though. Fits in well at that club.

Aberdeen vs Dundee United would be the final of choice.

chuck berrys hairline

Celtic won't hold onto him for long, scoring for fun.

They won't he's on loan!

I think that this time Celtic WILL get The Rangers..... and I also think it can only be a good thing for us, because from the moment that draw is made - The Rangers will be completely distracted by that match and the build up to it and the importance of it and whatever other clich?s will be splattered all over the paper in the lead up to the first new old firm match.

Its a welcome distraction from our point of view.

Celtic won't hold onto him for long, scoring for fun.

Done the same at PSV last season something like 20 goals in 22 games

They won't he's on loan!

Indeed :-). No chance of a permanent deal then. He'll get flogged to Sunderland/Stoke/etc.

I think that this time Celtic WILL get The Rangers..... and I also think it can only be a good thing for us, because from the moment that draw is made - The Rangers will be completely distracted by that match and the build up to it and the importance of it and whatever other clich?s will be splattered all over the paper in the lead up to the first new old firm match.

Totally agree and there will be a decent chance of one or more Rangers players losing the plot if what should happen result wise comes to fruition...reds for violent conduct must be a possibility in that game.

The Treasurer

Very good point, with hopefully the added bonus of a real thrashing knocking the stuffing out of them (as well as maybe a few injuries)

Rangers vs Celtic in the cup would be superb for us, i genuinely believe its like getting points in the bag, no way will Rangers not slip in the league at least once with this game on the go.

He'll score about 35 goals for them this season and then some utterly nothing EPL team like Sunderland will throw about ?5million at City and he'll be off, scoring 10 goals a season in England.

What would sevco prefer - humiliation in a cup semi final by their local rivals or humiliation in a cup final by their local rivals?

If only there was a team they could turn to for advice on this.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Done the same at PSV last season something like 20 goals in 22 games

Wasn't it feyenoord 2 or 3 seasons ago?

He's out of contract in the summer is he not?

Think you're right. The ?5m being banded about was if Celtic wanted a quick sale. If he keeps scoring then I think that there will be a host of clubs trying to sign him on a pre contract in January. It will depend on whether he wants to be a big fish in a small pond as to whether he stays with Celtic or tries his luck in a better league.

Say What Again

Totally this. I was saying the same last night. The media would be slabbering all over this in the week(s) leading up to it. Rangers would do well not to get caught up in that.

Then, hopefully a crushing absolute pumping for them, into the bargain.

It's the draw I want without a doubt.

Couldn't agree more.

The other plus point is that the match isn't until the latter end of January too, so they will have 3 months of getting overly excited about it too.

It's also bound to be an early kickoff on a Sunday, which will mean yet another rearranged league fixture for them.

I'm praying that they get drawn against each other.

What would sevco prefer - humiliation in a cup semi final by their local rivals or humiliation in a cup final by their local rivals?

Anyone?

Anyone?

so keen to see celtic win against rangers. Odd.

I couldn't care less who won.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Anyone?

Anyone?

:lol:

It was Feyenoord a couple of seasons ago he was at. They loved him there. Big icon.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he out of contract at the end of the season? Guaranteed Feyenoord will be in there and so will Celtic if the prospect of the Champions League is enough to tempt him.

Defo want rangers to draw celtic. If rangers were guaranteed to beat Utd or sheep in semi them the distraction of that and an OF final would help hugely

However, this is as far as they are going so celtic for them please.

Stuck ?15 on him to finish top goalscorer at 4/1 a couple off weeks back. Can only imagine the odds have dropped since.

He's definitely arrogant, but in this league he can back it up.

Say What Again

Stuck ?15 on him to finish top goalscorer at 4/1 a couple off weeks back. Can only imagine the odds have dropped since.

He's definitely arrogant, but in this league he can back it up.

That looks a great bet.

Best on offer just now is 11/4 - which is still tempting!

Totally agree and there will be a decent chance of one or more Rangers players losing the plot if what should happen result wise comes to fruition...reds for violent conduct must be a possibility in that game.

Indeed. Can you imagine the trouble before the game, during the game, and ... sadly ... after the game ?

Remember the rammy at Firhill when the u-18s or similar played ?

I think "they"'ll keep them apart hoping for a final ...

sunblestjambo

Anyone?

Anyone?

I see what you did there!

:pleasing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panders to the crowd at times, one reason he's adored at Feyenoord, but Rotterdam is far enough from Amsterdam for players to brag in the media; different situation in Glasgow. Surprised really, since he's actually quite a humble and intelligent guy, with a very unusual background, having been partly raised in Kenya. He does have enormous potential, but the freak injury he suffered makes this a make-or-break season for him.

What do the WFA want? Their darlings in the diddy cup semi or the diddy cup final?

No guarantees that Rangers would make the final, think they'll like a safer semi tbh, imagine the carnage after a first old firm defeat in a cup final?

Anyone?

Anyone?

:D

To be fair - the interviewer was embarrassing. Guidetti was being goaded constantly to slag off rangers and they were begging him to say 'I've watched the old firm derby since I was a kid', even asking him if Henrik Larsson playing meant he was more likely to watch as 'everyone around the world did'.

He did well not to say something more controversial. And i wish I could sound that 'thick' in my second language!

My issue here is more with the media and that interviewer rather than Guidetti.

To be fair - the interviewer was embarrassing. Guidetti was being goaded constantly to slag off rangers and they were begging him to say 'I've watched the old firm derby since I was a kid', even asking him if Henrik Larsson playing meant he was more likely to watch as 'everyone around the world did'.

He did well not to say something more controversial. And i wish I could sound that 'thick' in my second language!

My issue here is more with the media and that interviewer rather than Guidetti.

Guidetti did well to answer as restrained as he did, the 'going down' was.laughable but the way Liam Mcleod? Was almost goading him and tugging awsy at one about the prospect of an old firm game was mortifying of our national media

A joke at best and not a funny one

Was this, the guy who was allowed to sign after the transfer window closed? Never heard an explanation for that little stunt.

Morgaro Gomis

Is he the guy who said he didn't want to sign for celtic, just prior to his loan elsewhere falling through?

Nah. That was Stefan Scepovic, had agreed a fee with Celtic I believe; only for another team to come in, he preferred that move, Getafe I believe, turned down Celtic - only for the Getafe move to fall through and he then heel-turned and agreed the deal with Celtic.

I agree with both of these and also wanted to add :

The first (ever) meeting of these 2 is going to be too much for their fans to handle. So much hatred towards each other that has been left to simmer over the last few years which will certainly reach boiling point when they do finally meet. There will be a media circus surrounding both clubs that players and fans will get caught up in - it will be a must win for both teams with so much more at stake than a place in the final, a cup win or 3 points (depending on when they actually play) Every decision that goes against their team will rile them up and it will really bring out the worst in both sets of fans. I would predict riots in the terraces and on the streets of Glasgow. Then the media that will have billed this as a "great day for scottish football" and the ones who told us Scottish football needs a strong Rangers challenging Celtic will see exactly how good they are for Scottish football and Scotland as a whole!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Nah. That was Stefan Scepovic, had agreed a fee with Celtic I believe; only for another team to come in, he preferred that move, Getafe I believe, turned down Celtic - only for the Getafe move to fall through and he then heel-turned and agreed the deal with Celtic.

That's right. Cheers.

Guest C00l K1d

Hoping for an OF derby.

No doubt they'll kick 7 shades of shite out of each other.

Is there actually any rangers players that's played in a derby? Kenny Miller is the only one of the top of my head

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hoping for an OF derby.

No doubt they'll kick 7 shades of shite out of each other.

Is there actually any rangers players that's played in a derby? Kenny Miller is the only one of the top of my head

McCulloch, Boyd, Wallace, I would imagine.

He was at Stoke on loan last season.Did not play often.The SPL could well be his level, a bit like Stoakes, struggles elsewhere.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He was at Stoke on loan last season.Did not play often.The SPL could well be his level, a bit like Stoakes, struggles elsewhere.

What about Sone Aluko?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm sure Lee Wallace scored in one.

Could have done... I'm never a huge fan of OF games, always overrated. I'd rather watch Corrie, to be honest.

When he sees the Newco defence , if they do play each other, it will be a joke for him.

One time I am rooting on an obvious Celtic win. In fact probably stick a ?K on that one

the odds will be around 3/1 on Cellic.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

so keen to see celtic win against rangers. Odd.

I couldn't care less who won.

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Bollocks

boabyarsebiscuit

It would be really good for us if Rangers drew Celtic in the semi. Fat Salary would be resting players in the build up, and they are guaranteed a minimum 2 red cards during the game. A massive hiding (possible) would also see some psychological damage (the opposite of hibs winning psychology after being beaten, McCoist not as brilliant a manager as Stubbs) with a possible hangover in the League.

Anyhow, they'll be kept apart, Dundee Utd - Sevco, Aberdeen - Celtic. Nap.

Fun speculating though.

Archived