Daily Record back page

marshallschunkychicken

Maroon Sailor

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-use-prince-buaben-facebook-jibe-as-motivation-1-3583654

THE Hibernian squad are using a Facebook post by Hearts midfielder Prince Buaben in a bid to psych themselves up for tomorrow?s Edinburgh derby, Danny Handling revealed yesterday.

A week after Hibs manager Alan Stubbs said the club had to adopt a siege mentality, the players have taken him at his word, interpreting Buaben?s remark as a slur and appearing intent on proving him wrong. The contentious sentence was written two weeks ago, when Hearts won at Alloa thanks to a late goal, while Hibs were being held to a goalless draw by Dumbarton. ?Happy with the win even doh [sic] we didn?t play the way we can,? Buaben wrote. ?But we got three points and that?s the difference between us and the other chaser #myteamstrong. Enjoy your weekend #jambos.?

Handling said he thought it had been captain Liam Craig who ensured the quote was displayed at Hibs? training ground for all to see. ?We saw a comment from Prince Buaben on his Facebook ? he said he?s getting bored of these ?chasers? or something like that, so it would be nice to shut him up,? Handling said.

?He was having a wee joke with the fans, but sometimes you get annoyed with what people say. I think the skipper put it up on a sheet at the training ground so all the lads have seen it.

?We want to prove him wrong, because he?s having a dig at Hibs and we don?t appreciate that. You get on with life, but we?re striving to beat Hearts and put him right.

?It?s obviously joking and banter between the two clubs, and that?s fine, because there?s no hatred between the players. There are a lot of friends between the teams ? I?m good pals with Sam Nicholson ? so it?s not about hating each other.

?It?s banter between the two sets of players, but it does make you want to beat them even more. We don?t mind having the jokes and stuff, but when we get on the pitch it will be deadly serious.?

While Hibs have been criticised for lacking the spirit shown by Hearts in the derby, Handling insisted this was not the case, and argued there had often been very little between the teams in recent games. ?I wouldn?t say we lack the spirit Hearts have. If you see us in the changing room before the game we?re just as up for it as they are.

?There is a lot of passion, there are a lot of tackles, but there?s a lot of good football as well. It?s not just about Hibs v Hearts and a lot of hatred, there?s more to it than that. It?s about the football on the pitch and the three points.

?Of course it?s a massive game. There will be challenges flying in and the fans will be up for it. There might be a few verbals, especially if a tackle goes in or there?s a bad decision, but nothing out of the ordinary comes of it. So, although you could class it as a war, it?s still about football.

?We?ve been looking forward to this game. Not much has to be said about it and you don?t have to be motivated for it. Nobody has to take you and tell you what it means: in your own mind you?re up for it.

?Even in the last game at Tynecastle I thought we were the better team. We missed a penalty and got beaten. So nobody can say we weren?t up for the game. We?ve just not had any luck on the pitch?.

ooh-aah-cantona

Why would the Prince be fearful of the Vermin?

He mentioned the other "chaser" which I presume he means The Rangers - as they scraped a 1-1 draw at Alloa 2 weeks previous.

The delusion that Danny Handling and the rest of the Hibs squad have that they are potential title rivals :lol:

his comments whilst watching the sevco v vermin

Prince Christian Buaben

29 September at 20:30 ·

Both dead teams

Prince Christian Buaben

29 September at 20:37 ·

Am just gonna change channel seen enough now ...

Gonna watch Thomas the tank my lil mans program is much better

Loving his work more and more every day.

:jjyay:

Walter Bishop

When will the Hibs player learn to shut up before Derby matches? Deluded arseholes.

Liam Craig put it up on the wall on a piece of paper? Wow I'm sure our boys will be shaking in their boots come sunday!!!

marshallschunkychicken

Cheers, that's brilliant.

From the looks of it, it seems like a Rangers jibe and Hibs didn't even enter his mind when he wrote it, but they've taken it as a dig against them.

Struggling to be relevant even in their own pre-match buildup.

What's his hobo puss does know that prince was talking about sevco? Yeah?

Hibs aren't our 'chaser' - sevco are and only got a draw at Alloa?

Fecking vermin loser muppets

fabienleclerq

Surely it was a dig at Rangers? Diddy teams like Hibs thinking they're chasing us :rofl:

"We missed a pen we've just not had the luck" the penalty where Hamilton played the ball? And you missed because Liam Craig is shite not unlucky.

So, Liam Craig gets up in the morning, peruses the papers, then cuts out the articles he finds offensive so he can stick them up on the wall at Vermin HQ. Job done. Sit on the bench on a Saturday and revel in your club captaincy.

Liam, you're a bit of a weirdo. Don't worry, you'll emerge a fine player the other side of Hibs.

I'm gonna have a raging chub when Prince rattles home a 30 yarder and reenacts Obua's gunning down of Hibs fans.

alwaysthereinspirit

Or they could to do their talking on the field for once but then that would mean actually trying.

It is desperate by h1b5, and why would you reveal that before the game? Surely you tell the press if you've won the game.

'We've just not had any luck'

They got a penalty that was as soft as a baby's first shite the week after their goalkeeper scored the winner, and they had no luck? :lol:

kingantti1874

He wasn't even talking about hibs, they aren't even classed as "chasers" ******* losers :rofl:

I really really hope these numbnuts come out all guns blazing... :lol: we will absolutely pummel them

kingantti1874

There is UTTER DESPERATION on the part of Hibs and Rangers to unsettle us. UTTER DESPERATION.

:pleasing:

I get why the Rangers want to unsettle us.. But hibs? There is no possibility they will finish within 20 pts

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I get why the Rangers want to unsettle us.. But hibs? There is no possibility they will finish within 20 pts

Because their local rivals are once again doing the business and it's AGONY for them.

I'd never heard of this chap Handling and doubt if I will again, but if I met him I would ask him to explain his phrase "the fans will be up for it". I expect he would respond that he was referring to Hearts as our end will be packed but he could of course be referring to the paltry home support.

I read on Partyplanners that they were going to pack out the recent Livingston game but the attendance was only 2,666. We had around 43% more when our 3rd team played at the same venue in the Petrofac Ramsden Cup.

I know I'm being a bit pedantic and nerdy but the fact is that the majority of former Hibs "fans" will be nowhere hear the place, far less "up for it".

King of the North

They are so desperate to get 'fired up', because they think that's how we win Derby after derby. So desperate that they will look for anything at all - even in this case a tweet made weeks ago about Rangers. Deep down they know it wasn't about them - they are not in the title chase. They know that too.

Their entire club - from boardroom to dressing room to the half empty stands - are absolutely shitting themselves.

Prince's comments were clearly in response to Scott Robertson's quote about Hibs being unlucky not to be up there with us and that Hearts had been "scraping wins" against the likes of Raith and Falkirk.

The weegie media really are desperately trying to drag our name through the mud, eh? They're jumping on absolutely everything trying to unsettle us. It makes our club-wide radio silence all the more satisfying. Let the mongrels fight over whatever scraps we choose to throw them.

"Not appreciating" a tame dig at the so-called other chaser (not even about them in the first place).

Is this no the mob who screamed and howled like banshees about Jamie Walker's non-headbutt after his leg was put in mortal danger by Stevenson's criminal lunge?

Interesting.

Poor effort by our Prince IMO.

He should have just said "hibs? Pffft, they are shite".

Much better.

Liam Craig stick on to wind himself up in to a red card. Touchy ginger ****

I was thinking the exact same. Worth a fiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We_are_the_Hearts

Liam Craig stick on to wind himself up in to a red card. Touchy ginger ****

Rusty Baws will be on the bench

maroonnicky63

Disappointed in Sam Nicholson tbh.

You are as bad as the hibs supporters if you don't think that players don't get on of the field of play, it is a well know fact that players from the old firm , hearts /hibs ect get on really well ( not all of them )but it changes when they walk over the white line because they are profesional. I take it you don't have any friends that are hibs supporters. For instance Nicholson played with Jason Cummings with hutchie vale from under 11's to when they played together at Hearts , you are very nieve and it is a daft comment , just ask some of the jambos who go out on the town in Edinburgh.

Remember when James mcpake said the same thing about shutting up Zal before the cup final!

They never, ever learn, most deluded arseholes in the world. All this talking on the pitch when they mouth off in the papers the day before.

ISnt this the same boy who was calling out his own fans on Twitter for being gay for having the name Laurie? The same week as one of their legends died?

You are as bad as the hibs supporters if you don't think that players don't get on of the field of play, it is a well know fact that players from the old firm , hearts /hibs ect get on really well ( not all of them )but it changes when they walk over the white line because they are profesional. I take it you don't have any friends that are hibs supporters. For instance Nicholson played with Jason Cummings with hutchie vale from under 11's to when they played together at Hearts , you are very nieve and it is a daft comment , just ask some of the jambos who go out on the town in Edinburgh.

Well that's him telt.

:cornette:

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Oh dear.

:facepalm:

Taking him seriously.

Personally, I don't have a single mate who's Hibs supporter. In fact nearly all of my social circle follow Hearts.

:verysmug:

I think you need to get some new pals.

Holyrood_Hearts

Even if Prince was referring to Hibs (which I know he isn't) with his comments, what has Liam Craig taken offence too?

He hasn't said anything to get upset about, let alone pin on the wall nor run greetin to a National paper. Craig should've gave the interview as Handling doesn't appear to know what PB said. It wouldn't surprise if Craig's just made something up!

I genuinely wonder sometimes if the Hibs players are actually aware of the 14 point gap?

Archived