We will have a sticky patch

Bruno

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will also be at least a couple of games where things just go against us

Remember in 05/06 - the Falkirk game. An early sending off put us on the back foot. We drew 2-2 but were a way better team than Falkirk. So we will be the better team in games but wont win them (for whatever reason).

Its quite fraught really because we'll feel the pressure a bit with one loss and a win for Rangers on the same weekend. But if we can get maybe a 9 or 10 point cushion that will help.

Not that we want to lose two games but the points and goal difference now gives us 2 weekends of adverse results ie we lose & rivals win up our sleeves and we'd still be at least level on points.

There will also be at least a couple of games where things just go against us

Remember in 05/06 - the Falkirk game. An early sending off put us on the back foot. We drew 2-2 but were a way better team than Falkirk. So we will be the better team in games but wont win them (for whatever reason).

Its quite fraught really because we'll feel the pressure a bit with one loss and a win for Rangers on the same weekend. But if we can get maybe a 9 or 10 point cushion that will help.

If we win our next 2 games we WILL be at least 9 points clear as it seems that Sevco don't have a game the weekend after next. There is nothing to fear from either QotS (lost 2-0 at Cowden on Saturday) or part-timers Alloa. As long as the attitude is right we should win both games. If we perform as we have done in the last 2 games the rest will only be playing for play-off places come February. Onward and upward.

Snake Plissken

I'd be reasonably satisfied with four points from the next two matches. Our wee cushion and monstrous goal difference allows us to have a couple of off weekends. Six points would be magnificent.

There's a long, long way to go but every win is another wee step closer.

Not so worried about the 3G in the next couple of games but more the size of the pitch as from what I can gather that had a large part in Dumbarton being able to close down our passing game. A quick check on t'internet shows QoS at 112 yds x 73 yds and Alloa at 110 yds x 75 yds. Pretty sure both are bigger than Tynecastle.

There is a long way to go but remain positive and look how far we've come. I'm very optimistic this is our league for the taking

I'd be reasonably satisfied with four points from the next two matches. Our wee cushion and monstrous goal difference allows us to have a couple of off weekends. Six points would be magnificent.

There's a long, long way to go but every win is another wee step closer.

If be delighted with four. I'd be reasonably satisfied with two.

Nelly Terraces

The hun in turmoil. The fester filth as shite as always.

We won't drop as many points as either of them this season. I'm confident of that.

If be delighted with four. I'd be reasonably satisfied with two.

Steady.

Two points from these games would be a very poor return.

4 points should be the minimum, less than that would be very disappointing.

Nelly Terraces

Steady.

Agree. Old adage of 'each game as it comes' is the order if the day here. We'll be looking for max points in each of these games and I'm sure we can get them.

Steady.

Correct. If we return two points from those two matches I'd be gutted.

I think we will have a run of a few poor games at some point. One thing though I would say that benefits us is that depth in attacking talent. All our attacking players have scored this season, so we are not over reliant on one player scoring all the goals which can be a problem for other players. In four of our last five league games, we have had a player who has scored at least two goals, and each time it has been a different player. We have creativity from the wings, and players who can push through from midfield to add an extra dimension. With that we should be able to break down teams. Dumbarton I feel was a wake up call for the players, to understand that teams will make it hard by sitting deep and compact, we have to learn to get through that (as 1 goal can undo the oppositions game plan.)

Exactly!

We must be a NIGHTMARE to play against! Who do you put your effort into "marking out of the game"?

Happy days!

We should beat the smaller clubs comfortably at Tynecastle where there's a big pitch with space for our forwards to exploit. The games away to the smaller clubs, on their narrow pitches, and where they park the bus and celebrate 0-0's like they've just won the cup, will be difficult to win. The games against Rangers and Hibs, both home and away, could go either way IMO.

Pretty sure we have one of the smallest pitches in the 4 divisions.

4 out of the next 6 are away, then we are home to rangers. every point up to the rangers game is vital.

If we keep the 6 point gap then come the rangers game we are playing for keeps in terms of the league. 9 points ahead of them will break their spirit and i can't see us letting that lead go. Hibs will be a test, but they sat in at tynie to stop us, i can't see them trying to do that at home. We have far too much going forward.

Steady.

I disagree. We are going to have a lull at some point and will not go unbeaten. Away games like this will be where we slip up. I want us to continue unbeaten for a bit longer and keep momentum going but accept we will lose away to inferior opposition.

It may not happen the next two games but it will, steel yourself for it.

I disagree. We are going to have a lull at some point and will not go unbeaten. Away games like this will be where we slip up. I want us to continue unbeaten for a bit longer and keep momentum going but accept we will lose away to inferior opposition.

I don't want the obsession with us to go undefeated to cause us to draw games we should be going out to win!

I don't want the obsession with us to go undefeated to cause us to draw games we should be going out to win!

I don't think it will. All I'm saying is that at some point we will drop points, it wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't lose my mess. seems some on this thread would.

Anything less than 6 will be a disappointment. 4 is borderline acceptable. Less than that is terrible.

It's Queen of the South and Alloa we're playing.

Anything less than 6 will be a disappointment. 4 is borderline acceptable. Less than that is terrible.

It's Queen of the South and Alloa we're playing.

It will be games like that which will cost us points. We won't lose many to Hibs or Rangers over the season as we will know what's at stake. Lesser teams at home will shut up shop and will be our hardest challenge. We are doing great, I'm fairly accepting that won't continue forever.

It will be games like that which will cost us points. We won't lose many to Hibs or Rangers over the season as we will know what's at stake. Lesser teams at home will shut up shop and will be our hardest challenge. We are doing great, I'm fairly accepting that won't continue forever.

if we're remotely near our best we'll win. We'll obviously drop points through the season but every one will be a disappointment as we're better than all our opponents.

2 points from these two games would be a terrible return.

So many morons. I sit in the Gorgie and the idiots around me...

"get it up the park"

"we are not Barcelona"

"put it on the big mans head"

"score a goal"

"this tika taka is pish and doesn't work"

I could go on but you get the point.

You forgot, 'need tae git the finger oot here Herts!'

Do you sit near back of G by any chance? Did we hear the same person or are there a few morons scattered about? ;)

In a general sense - its better to be ahead of the game than chasing it so i am delighted with the start we have made. We have to take advantage of results though i.e. this weekend really need to be focused on winning, or rangers result last night means nowt and were back to 3 or 4 points. It certainly wont be easy, or another 4 / 5 niller. Pretty sure of that.

sit in D, but as you say they are everywhere, you would think they would relax a bit, it's different being disapointed FOR the player when he tries something and it doesn't come off than getting on his back when we are comfortable, on your other point it looks like Robbie is on the ball with the 3G training at Spartans.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

sit in D, but as you say they are everywhere, you would think they would relax a bit, it's different being disapointed FOR the player when he tries something and it doesn't come off than getting on his back when we are comfortable, on your other point it looks like Robbie is on the ball with the 3G training at Spartans.

I sit in B and the place is ******* riddled with them, annaw. At Sunday's game, a boy in front of me was actually standing up with his fists clenched by his side, face incandescent with fury, screaming at Sow, to **** off. He's shite apparently... He left before his second goal... I said to my mates at the time; "even if he bags a hat-trick, Sow will be getting ripped apart online, tonight"... I wasn't even a tiny little bit surprised when I read the shite on here later that evening.

I hate people.

I sit in B and the place is ducking riddled with them annaw. At Sunday's game, a boy in front of me was actually standing up with his fists clenched by his side, face incandescent with fury, screaming at Sow, to **** off. He's shite apparently... He left before his second goal... I said to my mates at the time, even if he bags a hat-trick, Sow will be getting ripped apart online tonight... I wasn't even a tiny little bit surprised hen I read the shite on here later that evening.

I hate people.

I think it must be passed from father to son sometimes, 'when you go to the football scream abuse son, it gets rid of your fustrations' I do dispair at some of our fans, but by and large think that most of them are ok. :2thumbsup:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

We might lose the odd game but there's no way we're going on a six or seven game winless run in this league. Crucially, we have the beating of Rangers four times. That will be key and why we are favourites now.

if we're remotely near our best we'll win. We'll obviously drop points through the season but every one will be a disappointment as we're better than all our opponents.

2 points from these two games would be a terrible return.

We can't be at our best all the time that's why we will drop points but I agree that 2 points from the next two games can only be described as disappointing. Would rather we won one and lost one to be honest. I think we will get 4 points minimum.

UnbelievableJeff

Got 2 tickets today at half 12, all seating tickets gone( 500 apparently). Standing tickets only left.

So away games and lesser teams at home then. You got all the bases covered or might we struggle to beat Hibs and Rangers at home too ?

This Hearts team is too good for this league. That is quite apparent already. Livingston was that easy it was bordering on unexciting. Failing to beat QOS and/or Alloa will be poor, very poor results, as was failing to beat Dumbarton. Look at the teams in this league and you cannot possibly see anything other than a convincing Hearts win against them, home or away.

I am not saying we are the finished article and we are not yet good enough for top end SPL as some seem to think, but we have far too much for the teams in this league, and I include Rangers and Hibs in that.

No I don't think we will go unbeaten all season, but anything dropped from here on in is an aberration, a blip, nothing to do with there being tough games and tough teams to play, because there simply isn't.

We might hit a sticky patch but only if we let chances slip through our fingers.

I think we will be unbeaten at home this season & genuinely believe we will drop very few points. We could have got 8+ against Livi. We have played poor this season, against the mighty The Rangers too, and still got a result.

For all their crapness Rangers are only 6 points behind. As has been pointed out already that could evaporate in 7 days. I don't think we can afford as many blips as some on here do. Six out of six in the next two games cos we will drop points to Hibs and probably Rangers at some point. And it's QOS and Alloa FFS.

rudi must stay

I am as excited and positive as anyone about how this season is panning out, and I don't want to put a dampener or the mood because it is a really great time to be a Hearts fan at the moment, but I just want to encourage a little bit of a reality check.

There is still more than 80% of the season to be played, H1b5 look like they finally have some kind of clue what this football malarkey is all about and most importantly we will definitely have a sticky patch this season, which will probably make or break it.

Robbie Neilson is only 10 games into his managerial career, and he's made a fantastic start but he is still hugely inexperienced and when a dip in form comes we will need to get right behind the team and him otherwise we might well contribute to the slump. We have very high expectations generally as a fanbase, and we also have a habit of turning on the team if things are going against us, but what we really need to be doing is showing some patience when things don't go well, and not getting ahead of ourselves when it comes to winning this league.

Already after the Dumbarton result some on here were fearing the worst and having a go at some of the players, but we can't be doing that. Part of the reason we are doing so well is because of the wave of positivity around the club which is something that neither Rangers nor H1b5 have. That gives us an advantage because it affords a bit of freedom and reduces the pressure on Robbie and the players but we will need to maintain that when times get tough.

The support has been nothing short of fantastic in the last year or so, financially, numerically and vocally, but we will need to keep that up if we happen to lose a game or two to the likes of QOTS or Alloa. I genuinely believe that we will win this league, but to do that we need everyone pulling in the same direction all the way.

COME ON THE HEARTS!!!!

The media are already predicting our demise. The players will get tired etc, but all our players are improving due to the amount of training. Neilson knows what he's doing coaching wise as well, all the players seem happy

UnbelievableJeff

QOS = tough away game

Alloa = tough away game

Are the feck as like. They are away games of the type we MUST win to win this league. They are away games we should be winning handsomely. Anyone accepting 4 points or 2 points and shrugging their shoulders thinking it's alright is delusional about what is required to win this league IMO.

If we really go there and other places like it and find it tough, and drop points here there and everywhere, I'll be astonished and we won't win the league

Sticky patch my arse - ooo errr missus

We simply can't afford a sticky patch. We can afford the odd blip. The very odd one

Guest Bilel Mohsni

For all their crapness Rangers are only 6 points behind. As has been pointed out already that could evaporate in 7 days. I don't think we can afford as many blips as some on here do. Six out of six in the next two games cos we will drop points to Hibs and probably Rangers at some point. And it's QOS and Alloa FFS.

I've consistently said we need to not take our eye off the ball, but your assertion that we will definitely drop points to Hibs is ******* laughable. :rofl:

I've consistently said we need to not take our eye off the ball, but your assertion that we will definitely drop points to Hibs is ******* laughable. :rofl:

I've seen Hearts lose to the vermin more times than I would like. We have never won 12 points of them in a season ever.Chances are we will drop points to them.And getting beat of the feckers is certainly not laughable.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've seen Hearts lose to the vermin more times than I would like. We have never won 12 points of them in a season ever.Chances are we will drop points to them.And getting beat of the feckers is certainly not laughable.

It's possible that we might, I suppose, but you were stating that it's definitely going to happen. That is laughable.

It's possible that we might, I suppose, but you were stating that it's definitely going to happen. That is laughable.

Can't see where I've used the word definitely.

How we handle the next 2 tricky away games will be a massive indication of how we will fare this season.

I agree..........two massive games !!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can't see where I've used the word definitely.

You said:

"... we will drop points to Hibs, and possibly Rangers... "

You never said the word "definitely", but I took "we will", as an absolute.

Is it not said that the sign of true champions is when you play bad but still pick up points, no doubt we'll have a dip but hopefully we can still take something from these games when it happens.

QOS = tough away game

Alloa = tough away game

Are the feck as like. They are away games of the type we MUST win to win this league. They are away games we should be winning handsomely. Anyone accepting 4 points or 2 points and shrugging their shoulders thinking it's alright is delusional about what is required to win this league IMO.

If we really go there and other places like it and find it tough, and drop points here there and everywhere, I'll be astonished and we won't win the league

We simply can't afford a sticky patch. We can afford the odd blip. The very odd one

I'll address your other post later, but if we were playing Dumbarton away next week I'd wager you'd say the same.

Sorry to tell you folks, but we won't win the league as we drew at Dumbarton. Jeff's just confirmed it. :(

We beat them 4 times out of 4 only 2 seasons ago. 3 in the league and 1 in the cup, only reason we couldn't take 12 points from 12 is because they couldn't finish in the top 6.

I'm not saying we'll clean sweep them this season but if we play to our potential we could well do just that.

UnbelievableJeff

I'll address your other post later, but if we were playing Dumbarton away next week I'd wager you'd say the same.

Sorry to tell you folks, but we won't win the league as we drew at Dumbarton. Jeff's just confirmed it. :(

Not what I said, not even close to what I said on either post, but then you knew that.

Address my other post ? Do I have to stay here whilst you think about it or do I have time for my tea ?

It would be an extraordinary effort to go through the season without a poor spell of 3 games or so. Hopefully we will go through the season by always winning or a good draw off the back of any losses we have along the way, but the odds are that there will be at least one bad run of 3 or more games.

It would be useful to prepare the squad in advance to deal with inevitable bad results but I don't think you can. You can't go around telling them they're going to lose one day because one day they might be losing a game that could be rescued, only for some players to accept it and move on. Keeping the side fresh by some well thought out selection policies will go some way to eliminating avoidable complacency.

Oh Jeff, you are a little tetchy. I have to be honest and say I've no recollection of upsetting you before, you are very new to the website though. Seems odd you may have a dislike for little old me already. To go a little cack handedly, I'll answer your last post, first. This is a message board. You don't need to be present for me to respond. You should continue your life as you would normally, I know I was busy sorting the wee man's bed, PJ's and all those normal things. I'm sorry your patience took a hit. :(

Now, to answer your on topic questions.

So away games and lesser teams at home then. You got all the bases covered or might we struggle to beat Hibs and Rangers at home too ?

Apologies, Jeff. I worded my post in such a way that it wasn't overly clear. I said "lesser teams at home", I should've specified at THEIR home. I'm fairly confident that Tynecastle results will be excellent. Your second point asks how we might do against Hibs and Rangers. I find that an odd question given my post wasn't all that big and it had all you needed, but, I'll highlight the appropriate bit to make it easy for you. I'm good like that...

There. :)

This Hearts team is too good for this league. That is quite apparent already. Livingston was that easy it was bordering on unexciting. Failing to beat QOS and/or Alloa will be poor, very poor results, as was failing to beat Dumbarton. Look at the teams in this league and you cannot possibly see anything other than a convincing Hearts win against them, home or away.

I am not saying we are the finished article and we are not yet good enough for top end SPL as some seem to think, but we have far too much for the teams in this league, and I include Rangers and Hibs in that.

No I don't think we will go unbeaten all season, but anything dropped from here on in is an aberration, a blip, nothing to do with there being tough games and tough teams to play, because there simply isn't.

We aren't as far off agreeing as you think, I largely agree. It seems to me that the main difference at this stage is you are very, very damning of Hearts failing to win by a bunch of goals. I'm not THAT old (well, I keep telling myself that) but I'm old enough to know that being a Hearts fan isn't like that. I've NEVER seen a Hearts team that just won EVERYTHING. I guess I'm just prepared for this season. So that was it. I just wanted to give a full explanation and response. Done now. In between there was a post that was much easier to respond to. You said this little ditty...

QOS = tough away game

Alloa = tough away game

I've emboldened a line, ignore it now, Geoffrey, here's my response...

Now, unless you tell me that Dumbarton away is some sort of leap year in difference between QOTS and Alloa, I stand by that. Still, you didn't, it seems.

Not what I said, not even close to what I said on either post, but then you knew that.

Not what you said? I remind you of your words, "...we MUST win to win this league". So, it seems that you actually did say it.

Now, let's not have this anger, Jeff. We disagree, it's allowed. I'm happy to allow Hearts to drop points over the season without me losing my mind. If you pipe down to a peep, you might just enjoy the season. :)

xx

UnbelievableJeff

Oh Jeff, you are a little tetchy. I have to be honest and say I've no recollection of upsetting you before, you are very new to the website though. Seems odd you may have a dislike for little old me already. To go a little cack handedly, I'll answer your last post, first. This is a message board. You don't need to be present for me to respond. You should continue your life as you would normally, I know I was busy sorting the wee man's bed, PJ's and all those normal things. I'm sorry your patience took a hit. :(

Now, to answer your on topic questions.

Apologies, Jeff. I worded my post in such a way that it wasn't overly clear. I said "lesser teams at home", I should've specified at THEIR home. I'm fairly confident that Tynecastle results will be excellent. Your second point asks how we might do against Hibs and Rangers. I find that an odd question given my post wasn't all that big and it had all you needed, but, I'll highlight the appropriate bit to make it easy for you. I'm good like that...

There. :)

We aren't as far off agreeing as you think, I largely agree. It seems to me that the main difference at this stage is you are very, very damning of Hearts failing to win by a bunch of goals. I'm not THAT old (well, I keep telling myself that) but I'm old enough to know that being a Hearts fan isn't like that. I've NEVER seen a Hearts team that just won EVERYTHING. I guess I'm just prepared for this season. So that was it. I just wanted to give a full explanation and response. Done now. In between there was a post that was much easier to respond to. You said this little ditty...

I've emboldened a line, ignore it now, Geoffrey, here's my response...

Now, unless you tell me that Dumbarton away is some sort of leap year in difference between QOTS and Alloa, I stand by that. Still, you didn't, it seems.

Not what you said? I remind you of your words, "...we MUST win to win this league". So, it seems that you actually did say it.

Now, let's not have this anger, Jeff. We disagree, it's allowed. I'm happy to allow Hearts to drop points over the season without me losing my mind. If you pipe down to a peep, you might just enjoy the season. :)

xx

You could have just corrected your grammer without all the patronising shite but well done for putting your hands up to it.

You haven't upset me in any way. I sincerely hope I haven't upset you although you too seem a tad pumped. Never mind. Not easy on a board to get your message across without appearing to be a ****** sometimes.

You could have just corrected your grammer without all the patronising shite but well done for putting your hands up to it.

You haven't upset me in any way. I sincerely hope I haven't upset you although you too seem a tad pumped. Never mind. Not easy on a board to get your message across without appearing to be a ****** sometimes.

My grammar was fine, if a little misleading. I am glad you aren't upset, I hope your tea was nice, Jeff. :)

Archived