Racism rears its ugly head again in Belgrade

CJGJ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29263340

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino said the anti-Semitic banner displayed by Partizan Belgrade fans during their Europa League tie was unacceptable.

The banner was an imitation of the logo from BBC comedy show Only Fools and Horses with racist words written on it.

Pochettino said: "This is a shame, very disrespectful and unacceptable. The club is aware but I did not see it."

The banner was on show during the 0-0 draw and European football's governing body is investigating.

Warning: There is a picture towards the bottom of this story containing words which some readers may find offensive.

Horrendous stuff. Eastern Europe and the Balkans is getting to be the most common offenders of this stuff in football of late. Throw them out.

eufa will do a gfa and lift up the corner of an already very bumpy carpet, and sweep this odious stuff under it, while having famous players on tv saying no to this type of hatred/ignorance.

I was always led to believe that Partizan weren't fascist as well. Learn new things every day.

Partizan have always be prone to taking sides.

When I read the story about the ultra offensive flag I have to be honest I was expecting much worse..

Spurs were a Jewish club and their own fans call them Y*** in their songs (surely Y** is a worse word than Jew).. Is it the word ******* that everyone is upset about..

Or is there another flag that i've missed..

I was always led to believe that Partizan weren't fascist as well. Learn new things every day.

Suggest you read 'Grobar' by James Moor.

When I read the story about the ultra offensive flag I have to be honest I was expecting much worse..

Spurs were a Jewish club and their own fans call them Y*** in their songs (surely Y** is a worse word than Jew).. Is it the word ******* that everyone is upset about..

Or is there another flag that i've missed..

With you on this, seems the easily offended on behalf of others bus has arrived.

Horrendous & disgusting? hardly

It's Eastern Europe! Pretty much all the Eastern Europeans I've met and worked with (generally nice people) are a bit anti Semitic.

Uefa is to open disciplinary proceedings against Partizan Belgrade after their fans displayed an anti-Semitic banner during their Europa League tie against Tottenham.

Partizan Belgrade have apologised for the banner, describing their supporters' behaviour as a "mindless act".

Wasn't horrendously bad, I guess the word Jew is unacceptable to use now, if they had been playing Chelsea and had a flag that said only Christians and a******* would anybody have cared.

Are people being deliberately obtuse by not recognising that Jewishness is seen as more than a religion in the eyes of these people? I wonder if Hitler would have spared Jews from the concentration camps if they had just converted to Christianity?

Neo Nazis like these Partizan fans view Jews as a race/ethnicity and should be rightly fined for the racist banner.

Are people being deliberately obtuse by not recognising that Jewishness is seen as more than a religion in the eyes of these people? I wonder if Hitler would have spared Jews from the concentration camps if they had just converted to Christianity?

Neo Nazis like these Partizan fans view Jews as a race/ethnicity and should be rightly fined for the racist banner.

This.

Archived