our Deal with Adidas / future kit suppliers

BM1874

Just a general interest one here folks

Am I correct to say our adidas deal is up.l at this seasons end? Seem to recall it being a 3 season deal when announced.

On that basis though would fans be happy to get a new deal with them or look elsewhere ?

For me its a bit of hit or miss to actually keep them.

For years I have pined for us to have adidas as our kit suppliers(growing up always the number 1 brand) and have (last season home apart) been happy with the quality and design of the kits, no matter how simplistic. Obviously this seasons are just top drawer but generally i've liked them all as with the training wear.

Negatives

The apparent lack of availability in getting new kits in to meet demand (i know there is fault with the ordering as well but thats another story) however i seem to recall the 12/13 kits selling out quite early and no replacements available at all.

Same with the training gear, of which also ties to the below..

The fact that mostly all of them have been templates and about 5/6 other clubs will have the exact same model (eg stoke west brom and southampton all had the same.13/14 home template)

I know we are not real madrid bayern munich or the like to be able to get a unique kit template but its a bit of a shame to see so many so similar kits.

If we were to decline an extended deal (or not even be offered one) who would u like to make our future kits?

For me the front runner would be Umbro. I know that the majority of their kits for us were.average but they did produce a few crackers (10-11 home and away, and the 19th of may top) and looking at the different kits out, they seem to have some cracking bases to the kits which would look good (im talking about for example, derby county home top, although could be considered close to the cup final top, or evertons designs look good as well) however the style of kit that if the universitao (peru) 90th anniversary top is anything to go by (hope this works)

Check out @BarryAnderson_'s Tweet:

Can u imagine a Hearts version of that? (Although. I'm aware of the contradiction to what i said above) so if we were to replace adidas umbro would be my first choice.

Wouldnt be keen to see us use macron as really dont like their designs and the same goes for puma and nike, most likely standard teamwear designs.

So who else does that leave?

Joma who also would probably be teamwear or Warrior? Despite liverpools kits being czned some of their other efforts are quite good (sevilla for example)

But over to u kickback,

Adidas - deal or ditch?

If ditch, who do u choose?

I'd love to be one of those clubs that are famous for always having the three stripes, like Real and Bayern.

I'm more concerned about our contract with the club shop people (SRM?). Is that beneficial or something we want to get rid of?

One huge positive to come out of this seasons kit is surely our bargaining power with manufacturers.

Look at how much the fans buy into a kit that is universally loved.

kingantti1874

The current strip is a cracker - demand this season is far in excess of historical trend so hard in my mind to slaughter adidas (or the club) for it. They can't magic them out of thin air.

Defo keep for me

More of the same please.

I want a home shirt similar to this season, but with a sponsor.

I like the collar but the majority will probably want it gone, so I'd settle for that.

Would be happy for it to be adidas forever, hands down the best sporting brand for me.

We'll never get a tailored kit though, we sell nowhere near the numbers to justify getting that, the templates are always pretty smart though and the shade of maroon is bang on

I hope we stay with adidas. No one would dealt with the unprecedented demand much better if at all. Beyond that, we're not man utd we're gonna have to usually make do with a strip that is the same template as other clubs. Ho hum.

By and large adidas' stuff is really nice. But obviously i want whoever will give us the best chance of making money. And looking good.

More of the same please.

I want a home shirt similar to this season, but with a sponsor.

I like the collar but the majority will probably want it gone, so I'd settle for that.

totally agree, the collar makes it look a cut above the rest. Well smart

I tried dealing with Adidas in the summer to buy gear for my club and they're a nightmare. Suppliers have to contact Germany, who have to contact the factory (sweatshop) and then there's 7-10 working days to get it to Germany and same again to supplier. I was getting gear I ordered in early August on 5th October!!!

Not surprised club shop has been short of stock. They also sent a batch of polo shirts without badges on them (in July) and I don't think they've sent the new batch yet!

For all they look nice, get rid ASAP.

For me the bigger issue is the appeal to fans of the merchandise on sale. Simple as that.

The training wear for example is just awful. I note Fulham and Swansea (forgive me if I'm wrong) have the same colours as us. But for them the dark colour (shale?) with gold and white relates to their home colour ways. Sheffield Utd have the same range as us - IN RED AND WHITE.

Fans like to wear their clubs colours. Kids like maroon and white stuff. It sells. I mind when the shop offered so much my whole Xmas list was chosen from there. It was great being a kid then.

The standard of stuff and what's in the range, is woeful. The range is limited and that I kind of get, it's a balance to make a profit in hard times. But surely most will agree that the whole aim seems somewhat 'askew' on our club shop stuff?

why don't Hearts consider doing it "in house"? Like Killie or Southampton do. Every year there are loads of great original designs, on the "next season's strips" thread, designed by kickbackers so I'm sure we could produce a decent home and away kit. I'd imagine we'd get more cash per strip sold and there'd be less stock issues.

Although our home kit is good this year, I hate seeing different coloured versions of the same template again and again, it's so lazy when you consider how much manufacturers make.

Because of that, I can't be bothered with the big guys like Adidas and Nike.

Umbro have probably been my favorite over the years and at least they make an effort but I didn't like the really wee companies like Olympic, some of them were howfin

I think you'll struggle to find a kit manufacturer these days that won't just use general templates for kits, unless you're a Barcelona, Chelsea or Man United.

Happy with adidas, would be more than happy for them to be the kit supplier for the foreseeable.

why don't Hearts consider doing it "in house"? Like Killie or Southampton do. Every year there are loads of great original designs, on the "next season's strips" thread, designed by kickbackers so I'm sure we could produce a decent home and away kit. I'd imagine we'd get more cash per strip sold and there'd be less stock issues.

Going by the awful Southampton strip no thanks. Besides more people will buy branded kit.

For those championing umbro's cause they're now owned by Sports Direct. Meh! As for Joma, Warrior and Macron those monkeys should keep well away from designing football kits horrendous gear.

For those championing umbro's cause they're now owned by Sports Direct. Meh! As for Joma, Warrior and Macron those monkeys should keep well away from designing football kits horrendous gear.

Umbro are owned by an American company called Iconix Brand Group, not Sports Direct.

Umbro would be my preferred choice, but wouldn't be unhappy if we stayed with Adidas.

Do Reebok still make football tops?

Reebok are owned by adidas. They left the football market. No boots for years, only stick it out with Ryan Giggs. They're concentrating on the sports fitness area now. And no.

Let's keep adidas, always clean with the famous three stripes. Sooner that than the standardNike t-shirt or plain polo shirt template. They'd want us playing in some luminous number if they could be bothered to actually design a strip.

Now that Adidas see how much potential we have we might get an increased offer when the offer expires. I'm sure there will be no shortage of offers.

Broomie Hearts

a match made in heaven

Heart of Midlothian and Adidas,

maybe our shirt sales this year will get us better service from them.

fabienleclerq

Keep Adidas for me, get some better training gear in though. Maroon hoody etc.

Someone post that pic of the strip with the old Adidas badges on it, that's as good as this years imo.

Rudolf's Mate

Was really pleased with Umbro and didn't think the final top could be bettered however I was wrong. Would be happy to stay with Adidas.

As a dad of an 11 year old who has had many different strips for the last 6 years or so I would definitely say adidas are consistently the best quality. I do think the training gear is trashy looking though.

Adidas for me. The umbro final strip I got without the wonga sponsor was my favourite top until this seasons home top came out.

Plus Adidas do nice trainers to match

This strip is a thing of beauty and I would keep it forever, whatever happens, Heart of Midlothian and Adidas have proved that class always comes through.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

For next season, remove this years badge and put on the proper badge and the club will sell another ?8m shirts. Simple.

zoltan socrates

Sell even more if they brought back the trefoil too, classic adidas, nothing better and should have been used in this years top IMO

King Of The Cat Cafe

For next season, remove this years badge and put on the proper badge and the club will sell another ?8m shirts. Simple.

I hope we will have a decent paying sponsor next season.

sunblestjambo

This

What's people's thoughts on standardising the colour of the shirt. Some of the shades of maroon have been very light but love this years dark maroon. Could we not have an official Pantone.

bigis semiauskas

cracking strip this year but we are being shafted with the training t-shirts in that we pay the same if not more than other teams

for a printed badge,where as ive noticed other clubs have an embroidered badge.

Don't know why this is because in our first year with adidas they were far better quality.

Matthew Le Tissier

Going by the awful Southampton strip no thanks. Besides more people will buy branded kit.

:what: its back to its beauty aka stripes

The Mighty Thor

I love adidas kit but I'd really love to see a proper retro umbro kit with the diamonds down the sleeve. Long sleeve away shirt in white with maroon diamonds down the sleeve and maroon collar and cuffs.

:thumb:

Sell even more if they brought back the trefoil too, classic adidas, nothing better and should have been used in this years top IMO

Agreed, trefoil would have been perfect on this years.

Libertonian_II

Prefer Umbro, particularly this beauty from the early eighties. My fav away top by far. Failing that, Nike is the brand of choice.

615215955.jpg

Prefer Umbro, particularly this beauty from the early eighties. My fav away top by far. Failing that, Nike is the brand of choice.

615215955.jpg

quite like this but my kids just said its mingling?

Adidas 4me ,wouldn't like Nike just because that's who the hobbis use,simple as that.liked the maroon umbro top but that away one - no thanks bit 2 70s 4me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived