Cowdenbeath Dot Count

Hannibal

Look at the football pools value......winnings ?252,000 then now over ?5million in todays money.

It really was the national lottery of its day.

Won 800 pounds with 10 homes on Vernons with my pal around 1980, when I was at school. Gave up Saturday shop job to concentrate on Pools/Football, worst ever decision :toilet:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A likely 16,000 crowd for a match against Cowdenbeath? Awful.

This is the sort of thing Neil Doncaster must have meant with his armageddon chat a while back.

We should be ashamed of ourselves.

bigis semiauskas
Allowing that we thump Dumbarton, and we will. with El Hass and Pallardo starting, we'll have 40,000 at this!
well there were fans locked out for Falkirk game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pallardo signing should get a few more folk through the gates!

I agree plus a dot count should always be near the top of the page.

A likely 16,000 crowd for a match against Cowdenbeath? Awful.

This is the sort of thing Neil Doncaster must have meant with his armageddon chat a while back.

We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Right now it is fast becoming Armageddon for SPL Clubs.

Shanks said no

Murrayfield will be a viable option by Christmas, certainty that we will be playing "Rangers" (assuming they are still breathing) there on 2/5/15

Murrayfield will be a viable option by Christmas, certainty that we will be playing "Rangers" (assuming they are still breathing) there on 2/5/15

Especially if we're parading the Championship trophy before the match :)

We_are_the_Hearts

Wheatfield - 25

Gorgie - 7

Main - 25

H - 438

J - 187

Total - 682

If they remained at 50 a day then we would have about 200 left......................this is going to sell out again though as the uptake next week will be a lot bigger.

If they remained at 50 a day then we would have about 200 left......................this is going to sell out again though as the uptake next week will be a lot bigger.

If they remained at 50 a day we'd probably have about 1500* left - there are a lot of seats that haven't been put on sale yet, but will be made available if sales of the currently available ones go well enough.

* That's a very rough estimate based on the assumption that Cowdenbeath are only getting section M. The number will be lower if they've been given part or all of section L too.

PS Would be funny if we got a bigger crowd than Hibs without the 7500 giveaways lol

its almost a certainty that we will get a bigger crowd than the hobos.

This dot counting thingy is really catching on...................

For all the pretenders to your crown, your's is still the only Dot-o-meter that I take as accurate

For all the pretenders to your crown, your's is still the only Dot-o-meter that I take as accurate

Listen T, even if that comment was tongue in cheek, I'm starting to get emotional!!

It's a hazardous job but one that needs to be done.

Wheatfield -25

Gorgie -7

Bertie -24

H -430

J -164

Total -650

Wheatfield: 22

Gorgie: 7

Bertie: 23

Aitch: 437

Jay: 138

Total: 627

With a good win today and the prospect of two exciting signings making their home debut, that 627 will be zero by Wednesday.

With a good win today and the prospect of two exciting signings making their home debut, that 627 will be zero by Wednesday.

Hopefully if that is the case open another section to appease the dot counters

letsalldothebeattie

Another good result and tickets will fly out in the build up to next Saturday. Would be great to see a full Tynecastle week in week out this season

Wheatfield: 22

Gorgie: 7

Bertie: 23

Aitch: 437

Jay: 138

Total: 627

Wheatfield: 16

Gorgie: 5

Bertie: 20

Aitch: 419

Jay: 109

Total: 590

mainstandjambo

FF your arithmetic has let you down. I make it your total count should be 569. Makes it look even better. If we can shift the remaining tickets quickly in Section J it won't be long before K is opened.

Hope peple don't go all pissy on us because of the disappointing result at Dumbarton.

If we can shift these 600 or so by Wednesday, should still be looking at 16,000.

Hope peple don't go all pissy on us because of the disappointing result at Dumbarton.

If we can shift these 600 or so by Wednesday, should still be looking at 16,000.

We could move it to Murrayfield to allow lots of walk ups.

FF your arithmetic has let you down. I make it your total count should be 569. Makes it look even better. If we can shift the remaining tickets quickly in Section J it won't be long before K is opened.

Thanks. Found my mistake in that I didn't update section H from my last count on my spreadsheet.

Thanks. Found my mistake in that I didn't update section H from my last count on my spreadsheet.

Spreadsheets!!

FFS dot counters getting rather technical these days.................nice to see :brucey:

Spreadsheets!!

FFS dot counters getting rather technical these days.................nice to see :brucey:

It's much simpler that way as I have the capacities of each section and I can count either the green dots or the unavailable seats, whichever is easier.

I'm bringing my wife, daughter & son for their first game at Tynie. Will I be able to buy tickets on the day?

If we don't hit capacity I'm not

Sure I'd put it down to that. If people can't afford to go to all games or can only get time off work to go to a certain amount (like me), this is probably the one people would choose to miss.

At the end of the day still top of the league - I'll be sending my mum up to Tynecastle tomorrow to book my seat in the Roseburn :-))

bigis semiauskas
I'm bringing my wife, daughter & son for their first game at Tynie. Will I be able to buy tickets on the day?
wouldnt bank on it like I said earlier fans we're turned up at ticket office for Falkirk game to be told sold out

Jambof3tornado

Can you not order them by phone?

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on this thread over the week, but at this point I'd say it's highly unlikely that this game will be a sellout.

easy enough to buy your tickets online and print them off on a sheet of A4 paper, saves any hassle.....

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Listen T, even if that comment was tongue in cheek, I'm starting to get emotional!!

It's a hazardous job but one that needs to be done.

It must be getting easier though, far less dots this season!!!

Wheatfield: 14

Gorgie: 4

Aitch: 417

Jay: 101

Total: 556

mainstandjambo

I reckon including Sections K and L which are not yet available to buy, there are about 1850 tickets available. There may also be hospitality seats released in Section X during the week.

Can Footballfirst confirm from his speadsheet that K and L hold about 1300 in total.

I reckon including Sections K and L which are not yet available to buy, there are about 1850 tickets available. There may also be hospitality seats released in Section X during the week.

Can Footballfirst confirm from his speadsheet that K and L hold about 1300 in total.

I'll let FF confirm but each section holds approx 700, so your 1300 is about right.

I think you're about right but, assuming Cowdenbeath get the whole of section M and nothing else, around half of section L will probably be used for segregation, so it's probably around 1,000 seats that are potentially available for home fans in K and L

Livi the following Sunday will be a tougher dot count due to the clash with the final day of the Ryder Cup. I'll be at the Hearts game of course....

K - 583

L - 718

We could move it to Murrayfield to allow lots of walk ups.

Why did'nt I think of that?

Tremendous idea.

Amazing we could be looking at 15k plus for a match against Cowdenbeath. I would be the first to admit I thought we would be struggling to break 10k for these games at the end of last season

Archived