Home strip online available online NOW!

Gannet

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still stuns me that there are meatballs out there who continue to believe that every single post on JKB is serious.

This meatball has had a long, hard day and, failed to get his grandson a strip and, Hibs came back from 2-0 down.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Took a trip up after work about 4pm.

There was one L left at that point.

I'm not quite at the hissy fits and toys out the pram stage.... But.... The whole situation is a bit of a farce I must say.

All this waiting for another batch of tops, and when it arrived, that batch can only have been a few hundred tops. Madness.

Tried to order a infants home strip to be told that they are not getting any more in. Very poor customer service

Tried to order a infants home strip to be told that they are not getting any more in. Very poor customer service

Could you explain how?

Seriously can't understand why club aren't taking pre orders? I like many others would pay up front, and that would resolve any stock problems due to credit issues? Can't be hard, name and address and post it out later on arrival?

Cos it'snot like the club is short of money. Oh , wait a minute....

I'm not sure if this is an easy, but I refer you to "would pay upfront". This alleviates any cash flow issues ...... Surely that's the simplest way and best for the club getting cash in sooner than later?

I posed the question yesterday but seriously, can't we just order direct from Adidas? I'm happy to pay any difference to the club.

(Whilst pissed off about this isn't it great that our biggest concern right now is thst we can't get hold of a team kit! Ooooh to, oooh to be, ooooh to be a Hobo!)

Dalstonjambo

Ok - I'm not sure how much clearer this can be and why people cannot get it. Will try and explain this as simply as possible as to why strips take a while to come and why we can only get certain amounts with long lag times.

- Initial amounts will be decided with Adidas well in advance of the season starting (based on historical trends of orders plus allowances made for if it will be popular etc)

- Money will then be committed up front (which as we all know is tight)

- Strips will then be produced: a process which takes a long period of time due to sourcing of materials (be this making them or directing away from other adidas stock). At this point bear in mind we are a tiny fraction of adidas production, and our strips will be produced at the same factory as most other adidas goods are made.

- Strips then need to be QC'd

- They will then be shipped to a central adidas location before being sent to the club.

It is not a case of just asking for more strips and they turn up a couple of weeks later. The process takes months, and as many have mentioned, as great as it has been our brilliant shirt sales were pretty hard to predict and it won't be easy to get hold of more as we will have far exceeded all expectations.

The reality of this is that we are at the bottom of the adidas pile, and they won't shift stock/staff/materials around on a large scale for a small percentage of their revenue.

To give you an example. My wife is a merchandiser for one of the biggest online/catalogue clothes retailers in the UK. When they are out of stock of a product it takes them 8/12 weeks on average to get more stock because most factories clothes producers use are also used by Topshop/Primark as well who order on much larger scales, so the smaller customers wait their turn.

As hard as this is for us all to take we are a tiny customer of adidas and we need to wait our turn. It is not poor customer service from the club. They can't do much more I can imagine. We are victims of our own success in this case.

Just went past Tynie about ten mins ago and there wa a queue outside, I assume its for strips unless its for Falkirk tickets?

I was in at the shop yesterday around 4pm getting my son a top and I noticed ONE adult large top left. Might still be there!

It's been a while since I was in the shop and there's a real lack of other gear like training tops etc.... Very minimal variety to say the least.

PS, also overheard staff talking about jkb and one said it was full of idiots who probably aren't even supporters. Lol

If folk are still failing to get a home top and they are angry about it then they quite simply haven't put sufficient effort in. No excuses.

Blatant trolling. Up there with your "dynamic pricing saved me a bundle" line a couple of years back mate ;-)

Edit...just read further through the thread. Canni believe people bit!!!

Jambo_Jarman

Ok - I'm not sure how much clearer this can be and why people cannot get it. Will try and explain this as simply as possible as to why strips take a while to come and why we can only get certain amounts with long lag times.

- Initial amounts will be decided with Adidas well in advance of the season starting (based on historical trends of orders plus allowances made for if it will be popular etc)

- Strips will then be produced: a process which takes a long period of time due to sourcing of materials (be this making them or directing away from other adidas stock). At this point bear in mind we are a tiny fraction of adidas production, and our strips will be produced at the same factory as most other adidas goods are made.

- They will then be shipped to a central adidas location before being sent to the club.

It is not a case of just asking for more strips and they turn up a couple of weeks later. The process takes months, and as many have mentioned, as great as it has been our brilliant shirt sales were pretty hard to predict and it won't be easy to get hold of more as we will have far exceeded all expectations.

The reality of this is that we are at the bottom of the adidas pile, and they won't shift stock/staff/materials around on a large scale for a small percentage of their revenue.

To give you an example. My wife is a merchandiser for one of the biggest online/catalogue clothes retailers in the UK. When they are out of stock of a product it takes them 8/12 weeks on average to get more stock because most factories clothes producers use are also used by Topshop/Primark as well who order on much larger scales, so the smaller customers wait their turn.

As hard as this is for us all to take we are a tiny customer of adidas and we need to wait our turn. It is not poor customer service from the club. They can't do much more I can imagine. We are victims of our own success in this case.

Ok fair enough, but would it not still be possible for the club to do a pre-order system?

Ok - I'm not sure how much clearer this can be and why people cannot get it. Will try and explain this as simply as possible as to why strips take a while to come and why we can only get certain amounts with long lag times.........

Easy tiger! No need to patronise. It's great that you know so much about the process but that doesn't mean that others should and the vast majority of people know that its not as simple as just calling in an order. The frustration lies in the fact that since the announcement of the new strip over two and a half months ago it has been blindingly obvious that demand was going to be huge. And yet here we are still sans shirts. Do you honestly think that the whole process has been handled as efficiently as it might have been? As suggested above pre-orders would have been a great idea and would have helped the cash flow also!

Also, don't confuse the 'customer service is poor' comment for a dig about availability. I read it more as a dig that simply saying "we dont have a shirt for your kid and we are not getting any more in" is poor customer service. And I agree it is! Better to apologise for the dissapointment caused, note the concern etc etc

Anyway, see the Hibs were lucky again..... :-)

Easy tiger! No need to patronise. It's great that you know so much about the process but that doesn't mean that others should and the vast majority of people know that its not as simple as just calling in an order. The frustration lies in the fact that since the announcement of the new strip over two and a half months ago it has been blindingly obvious that demand was going to be huge. And yet here we are still sans shirts. Do you honestly think that the whole process has been handled as efficiently as it might have been? As suggested above pre-orders would have been a great idea and would have helped the cash flow also!

Also, don't confuse the 'customer service is poor' comment for a dig about availability. I read it more as a dig that simply saying "we dont have a shirt for your kid and we are not getting any more in" is poor customer service. And I agree it is! Better to apologise for the dissapointment caused, note the concern etc etc

I'd suggest common sense would tell most people.

Dalstonjambo

Easy tiger! No need to patronise. It's great that you know so much about the process but that doesn't mean that others should and the vasy majority of people know that its not as simple as just calling in an order. The frustration lies in the fact that since the announcement of the new strip over two and a half months ago it has been blindingly obvious that demand was going to be huge. And yet here we are still sans shirts. Do you honestly think that the whole process has been handled as efficiently as it might have been? As suggested above pre-orders would have been a great idea and would have helped the cash flow also!

All calm here, just a bit frustrating..

Whilst I appreciate what you are saying mate it does appear some people need to be told in uncertain terms as the process has been explained a number of times and a lot of people seem to be getting very angry at the club over something the club are powerless over and this has been explained repeatedly its not their fault.

Your point on the way they are handling feedback is spot on, but then not everyone complains in a rational way. Imagine if you'd had 8 hours of people moaning, we'd all lose patience. Check out the hearts facebook page for the 'patience' some fans are showing. Its a joke.

Regarding a pre order system thats a good idea and I would suggest that to the club. Would people be willing to pay up in advance (at least a percentage) for strips they may not see for 2-3 months? I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some Hearts fans genuinely think Budge can just phone up the head of Adidas and demand an extra couple of thousand shirts :lol:

Some please just don't get it.

I was in at the shop yesterday around 4pm getting my son a top and I noticed ONE adult large top left. Might still be there!

It's been a while since I was in the shop and there's a real lack of other gear like training tops etc.... Very minimal variety to say the least.

PS, also overheard staff talking about jkb and one said it was full of idiots who probably aren't even supporters. Lol

If your last paragraph is true I find that pretty insulting considering the vast amounts of money the fans on jkb have raised for the club.

Just purchased a home top ,size L,was 2 left hanging up.Not sure if they had anymore elsewhere in the shop.

We're probably getting to the stage now of having to do 2 final releases of the shirt, both on a pre-order sales basis.

One for the lead up to Christmas and one nearer the end of the season as a 'collectors item'

Club, SRM(?) Adidas negotiate a timeline that Adidas can accomodate whatever number of tops are asked for by a certain date. And get the communications to the fans spot on.

Having another couple of hundred tops delivered in October to go through all this again hardly seems worthwhile. And probably leads to little, if any income generated by the 3 parties

The poppy top in November will be the most sought after top in our history

Loyalty points only basis for sales please.

;)

If your last paragraph is true I find that pretty insulting considering the vast amounts of money the fans on jkb have raised for the club.

im being honest mate. Wouldn't worry about it, it's probably another staff member upset at some criticism about the shop they spotted on jkb!

im being honest mate. Wouldn't worry about it, it's probably another staff member upset at some criticism about the shop they spotted on jkb!

Very true mate but things like that annoy me.

Granted there are some dicks on kb but those people dug deep and still do when it's needed to have kept people like the ones in the shop in a job.

The poppy top in November will be the most sought after top in our history

They should do an auction (or raffle to keep some on here happy) and donate the profits to MacRaes.

Given what daltonjambo says in his post we should be taking orders now for Christmas. I'm quite happy with my sponsorless away top so no personal axe to grind.

Bowtow Jambo

Before anyone LOL I am looking for an Xl Long or Short Sleeve Home Top. I am going on holiday next Monday to Crete and wanted walk along the prom proud wearing my top! Very long shot I know........

allystrachan

Pre orders, money up front.

I'd be happy enough to pay now even if it takes 2 months to arrive. I was pretty relaxed about getting pre orders in during summer because I figured I'd just get it when it's in the shop. How wrong was I! Lol

Until Adidas say they are not making us any more strips there should be a way to resolve the issue.

Jimmy McNulty

I'm with Ally on this one. Would happily pay now for a shirt I may not see for a month or two. I suspect this strip may continue to sell, even into next season....

I'm waiting to buy the surplus stock at the end of the seadon for discounted cost...

:look:

Captain Lithuania

Given up on this. For those that work it's nearly impossible to get your hands on one of these.

I do understand what you are saying but I still cannot understand why you will not take paid up front online orders. I don't mind waiting 3 months if I know I'm going to get a couple of strips.

Dalstonjambo

I do understand what you are saying but I still cannot understand why you will not take paid up front online orders. I don't mind waiting 3 months if I know I'm going to get a couple of strips.

Erm - i don't work for hearts mate. Just pointing out how retailing works as I know through my mrs. Have people without a strip contacted Hearts to suggest a pre order system as they'd be quite happy to pay now and wait for a strip?

Mines arrived this morning and don't like the fit should of got a S. Anyone looking for a M get in touch save the wait until the next batch is out. Gutted as I was wanting to have it for holiday.

How come we get it so wrong and Hibs get it right? Tonnes of home shirts left in their shop apparently. Seething.

Mines arrived this morning and don't like the fit should of got a S. Anyone looking for a M get in touch save the wait until the next batch is out. Gutted as I was wanting to have it for holiday.

I'll take it.

How come we get it so wrong and Hibs get it right? Tonnes of home shirts left in their shop apparently. Seething.

Same with their match tickets, none of this Loyalty pish and you sit where you want. :veryangry2:

Same with their match tickets, none of this Loyalty pish and you sit where you want. :veryangry2:

Must be amazing being a Hibbie.

Says you can't receive any new messages. Maybe a full mailbox?

How do you delete your mailbox m8, new to this?

I think some Hearts fans genuinely think Budge can just phone up the head of Adidas and demand an extra couple of thousand shirts :lol:

Some please just don't get it.

Well then when you have a large amount of customers looking for a product ( like myself and others looking for shirts) then you pull out all the stops to service your market. This is pathetic. A pre-order system is not rocket science if they are serious. Over it....

Well then when you have a large amount of customers looking for a product ( like myself and others looking for shirts) then you pull out all the stops to service your market. This is pathetic. A pre-order system is not rocket science if they are serious. Over it....

"Over it"

What are you a 13 year old girl?

There is obviously a reason a pre-order system hasn't been put in place. I trust Budge, she didn't earn her money by luck.

Hackney Hearts

There is obviously a reason a pre-order system hasn't been put in place.

Then would it be too hard to let us know what that reason is?

Like others above, I don't mind paying upfront and waiting 2/3 months.

"Over it"

What are you a 13 year old girl?

There is obviously a reason a pre-order system hasn't been put in place. I trust Budge, she didn't earn her money by luck.

Bollocks! This is incompetence of a high order. You take the money any and every way you can. AND remember Budge is a loan to us not a gift. Me and 8,000 others are doing the monthly paying of cash. That is why we are here and she is there.

Bollocks! This is incompetence of a high order. You take the money any and every way you can. AND remember Budge is a loan to us not a gift. Me and 8,000 others are doing the monthly paying of cash. That is why we are here and she is there.

Right, so you honestly think Budge is purposefully losing out on thousands of pounds?

I don't see what the Budge/FOH agreement has to do with anything? She's giving her time (and from what I hear, a helluva lot of it) and knowledge for a very small fee (the interest on the loan).

My mate has just told me that the Hearts web site has just crashed as he attempted to place an order on line for the Home Top. Still as popular as ever.

Archived