Team v Stenhousemuir

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

How does everyone reckon this will go, to me I can see Robbie going for a mix of first team and fringe players, so I can see it being:

Hollis

L. Smith

McKay

Wilson

Eckersley (if fit, if not on the bench)

D. Smith

Gomis

Robinson

King

Oliver

Keatings

Subs: Halliwell, McGhee, Holt, Nicholson, El Hassnaoui, Roy, McHattie (who would swap with Eckersley if he is not fit enough to start.)

This is in the big diddy cup isn't it? If so, I want him to play a real team. I've got $10 on Hearts winning the big diddy cup (as opposed to the wee diddy cup, or the big cup).

Guest oldcastlerock2012

What's most important is that Robbie releases the team in advance so people can decide whether or not it's worth going to the game.

Snake Plissken

Play anyone who requires match fitness like Robinson and Eckersley.

I'd like to see us win the League Cup one day, but I'll not lose any sleep if we go out of this season's competition early. A young team should have enough to see off Stenhousemuir though.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hollis - L Smith, McGhee, McKay, Eckersley - D Smith, Robinson, Beith, Walker - Sow, Oliver

Hollis - L Smith, McGhee, McKay, Eckersley - D Smith, Robinson, Beith, Walker - Sow, Oliver

I'd swap Gordon for McGhee, but otherwise I'd agree.

What's most important is that Robbie releases the team in advance so people can decide whether or not it's worth going to the game.

I agree with that and I think he must field a competitive side. We've got a biggish squad, the season has just started and we're training round the clock.

It's an important competition and we don't have the distraction of either Europe or the stupid Perowhatsit cup.

Good win is imortant imo.

Probably wouldn't be beneficial to McGhee to have him swapping back and forth between RB and CB.

GK Hollis

RB L.Smith

LB Eckersley

CB McKay

CB Ozturk

CM Robinson

CM Holt

RM D Smith

LM Walker

FW Roy

FW Sow

Subs Halliwell Gordon King Oliver Keatings Beith McGhee

This team would afford a lot of regular first team players a wee break while also allowing for a strong team to play on the night.

I wouldn't play McGhee from the start as he's played a lot of football lately and a wee rest won't do him any harm at all. Besides an opportunity for big Ozy and Brad to have some game time together. I'd also give both Osman and Walker a game after their suspensions and another opportunity for Roy who looked impressive during his cameo performance yesterday at Raith.

I want to see a decent team put out for this one. We haven't won this trophy in my lifetime and the club could do with the cash from another appearance at Hampden.

How long should it take to get to the game from Edinburgh? I'm considering going through to this one and it doesn't look like too much hassle on google maps.

tartofmidlothian

Isn't Eckersley a couple of weeks from full fitness?

I'm with Robbie on whatever team he wants to put out. But yeah, it'd be good for people to be given an idea.

Not that they weren't last week.

Why the clamour for Hollis? Based on his performance against Livi, I would be surprised if Halliwell could do a worse job.

Also we need a blend of youngsters with the more experienced players. Last week gave us 11 players that would not normally feature if we had a fully fit squad. McGhee is only in the first team as Patterson is injured. It was too much for an inexperienced team and probably demoralising too. They need to be introduced to play along side the first team regulars to learn and develop, rather than replace them on mass. IMO.

Jambof3tornado

Play our usual 2 centre backs and do what you want around them. Some experience on the bench if you do want to play the kids again but preferably a mix of young and experienced. Gomis and Scott Robinson if Buaban is injured.

Pleased to see Alexander back doing the warm up for the keepers yesterday,clearly on the mend.

I want to see a decent team put out for this one. We haven't won this trophy in my lifetime and the club could do with the cash from another appearance at Hampden.

How long should it take to get to the game from Edinburgh? I'm considering going through to this one and it doesn't look like too much hassle on google maps.

You driving or getting the train. About 40 mins in the car, straight along the M9 thenonto the M876 after Falkirk junction. Get off the motorway at the new sliproad for the new hospital and folliw the signs for Stenny. Train would be to Larbert then walk along the street to the ground, probably the same distance of Tynie from Haymarket.

Why the clamour for Hollis? Based on his performance against Livi, I would be surprised if Halliwell could do a worse job.

Also we need a blend of youngsters with the more experienced players. Last week gave us 11 players that would not normally feature if we had a fully fit squad. McGhee is only in the first team as Patterson is injured. It was too much for an inexperienced team and probably demoralising too. They need to be introduced to play along side the first team regulars to learn and develop, rather than replace them on mass. IMO.

I don't see "clamour" for Hollis. I see people picking from the two available goalkeepers. Neilson clearly favours Hollis.

Whats the parking like? Got a ticket but will be in Aberdeen so need to be slick arriving and leaving.

I'd defo pair sow and Keatings together - see how they blend

Bring Walker back in. I'd play one of Wilson/Ozturk at least.

I don't see "clamour" for Hollis. I see people picking from the two available goalkeepers. Neilson clearly favours Hollis.

Given Hollis is here 'longer term', and appears to be our number two, until out injuries clear up, I would probably play him.

Jambof3tornado

Whats the parking like? Got a ticket but will be in Aberdeen so need to be slick arriving and leaving.

A few streets round about. Asda just over the road too.

Chris Benoit

Plenty streets nearby. Don't try to get parked at the ground (Tryst Road) it's a ******* nightmare finding a space when there's no football on.

Best bet is at the Asda across the road, if it's mobbed you'll get parked along King Street (road back towards Kincardine)

You driving or getting the train. About 40 mins in the car, straight along the M9 thenonto the M876 after Falkirk junction. Get off the motorway at the new sliproad for the new hospital and folliw the signs for Stenny. Train would be to Larbert then walk along the street to the ground, probably the same distance of Tynie from Haymarket.

Cheers mate.

I'll be driving though.

Chris Benoit

Cheers mate.

I'll be driving though.

When you come off motorway go down Bellsdyke Road (left off slip and left at roundabout) you can't get to Stenny through Larbert at the moment due to engineering work on a bridge.

You can get parked on Bellsdyke Road then it's a 5-10min walk down Tryst Road past the cricket pitch to the ground.

Hollis

Eckersley Wilson McKay McHattie

D.Smith Gomis Buaben King

Sow Keatings

Nah, Falkirk game is priority.

Risking Buaben and Gomis in a wee cup game is a bad move.

Jambof3tornado

Nah, Falkirk game is priority.

Risking Buaben and Gomis in a wee cup game is a bad move.

Prince may be injured anyway.

When you come off motorway go down Bellsdyke Road (left off slip and left at roundabout) you can't get to Stenny through Larbert at the moment due to engineering work on a bridge.

You can get parked on Bellsdyke Road then it's a 5-10min walk down Tryst Road past the cricket pitch to the ground.

is the fun fair at the tryst just now chris? if not you can park on the common ground where the fair usualy pitches up.

CraigBeatties ChestHair

Prince, El Hass, Carrick, Paterson and Gallagher all trained today. Are sow or walker suspended or is that just league games

King Of The Cat Cafe

2 or 3 changes from yesterday - to much potential money and a national competition

Plus we do not want to give the spfl any more ammunition than we have to - such as playing weakened teams.

Chris Benoit

is the fun fair at the tryst just now chris? if not you can park on the common ground where the fair usualy pitches up.

No idea I've been working in Grangemouth and Bo'ness recently not been in Stenny for over a month

Jambof3tornado

Prince, El Hass, Carrick, Paterson and Gallagher all trained today. Are sow or walker suspended or is that just league games

Pleasing. Any sign of Alexander upping what he is doing?

CraigBeatties ChestHair

Pleasing. Any sign of Alexander upping what he is doing?

He took the warm up yesterday for Hollis and Hamilton... where as against hubs he didn't

kylelauren01

Gallacher never trained today as he is walking about in a moon boot to protect his ankle. I didn't see Carrick and given his is a thigh muscle injury I doubt he'll be back training. I did see Buaban, El Hassanoui and Paterson outside but Alexander wasn't training with the keepers. Were you at Riccarton today?

CraigBeatties ChestHair

Yes I took my brother to training

Gallacher never trained today as he is walking about in a moon boot to protect his ankle. I didn't see Carrick and given his is a thigh muscle injury I doubt he'll be back training. I did see Buaban, El Hassanoui and Paterson outside but Alexander wasn't training with the keepers. Were you at Riccarton today?

I definitely seen Carrick doing light training. Unless gallacher looks like someone possibly halliwell... thanks for the correction if so mate!! Honestly don't want to be spraffing nonsense

kylelauren01

The goalkeepers training were Big Jack, Hollis and doing the coaching was Colin Stewart (son of Rangers coach Jim Stewart). Watched a bit and Hollis trained well with really good handling. Saw Scott Gallacher at Raith yesterday and Riccarton today and is wearing the moon boot so injury possibly a bit worse than thought.

Play anyone who requires match fitness like Robinson and Eckersley.

I'd like to see us win the League Cup one day, but I'll not lose any sleep if we go out of this season's competition early. A young team should have enough to see off Stenhousemuir though.

Kinda what I think. Robinson, Eckersley and El Hass should all play some part if fit enough to do so. I'm a bit confused about suspensions and when they're up and when they count and don't! But I'd play Walker too.

Centre half is interesting. Part of me thinks keep Brad sharp so play him, but on the other hand Danny and Oz are forming a partnership and this is another run out for them...

JiG is spot on I reckon, a mixture of our last two lineups. Enought to beat Stenny I'd hope - without being arrogant of course!

portobellojambo1

How does everyone reckon this will go, to me I can see Robbie going for a mix of first team and fringe players, so I can see it being:

Hollis

L. Smith

McKay

Wilson

Eckersley (if fit, if not on the bench)

D. Smith

Gomis

Robinson

King

Oliver

Keatings

Subs: Halliwell, McGhee, Holt, Nicholson, El Hassnaoui, Roy, McHattie (who would swap with Eckersley if he is not fit enough to start.)

I'm going along to watch HMFC, and I don't care what team is put out, I will be there whether it is the first team, fringe players, youth players or a side made up from people working on administration tasks. If he opts for a similar team to last Wednesday, versus Livingston, then I'll watch the match on the basis I'm getting a look at the fringe/younger players and have a chance to see how they are progressing and what the future could hold. To me, this cup is another distraction this season, the priority, the real target has to be to get up if we can. Keeping the core of what is the first team away from distractions, injuries and cards leading to suspensions is more important than beating Stenhousemuir.

Nucky Thompson

A strong team please as this is one of the 3 major trophies up for grabs in Scotland

A strong(er) side this time please, a mix of what we saw yesterday with a few of the youngsters from the Livvy game.

Gregory House M.D.

Gallacher(if fit)

Smith McGhee Wilson Eckersley

Walker Robinson Holt Smith

Oliver El Hassnaoui

Have I missed it or have Hearts not really said anything about Gallacher or Carricks injuries?

They haven't really, I'm not sure they need to, though.

The Treasurer

Eckersley and Walker must be certain starters.

Also a case for Sow and either Oliver or Keatings to see how they play alongside each other.

From the team that played at Livi I think the two Smiths and Beith deserve another chance in a stronger line up.

Archived