Stenhousmuir

richiehmfc

Happy to go to any party and if its the same team as Livingston I'll be very tempted to go be anywhere else but the ground.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is it again? :uhoh2: Last time I was there was in 1970 something I think.

The ground is right behind Main Street Stenhousemuir on Tryst Road behind what was McCowans toffee factory.

There must be a chance that RN will field another youth line-up. I'm in the camp that hopes he doesn't.

Would love to see us win this trophy.

Team I'd pick, assuming Soufian is unavailable. If he is, I'd put him in ahead of Roy.

Hollis

L.Smith

Gordon

McKay

Eckersley

D.Smith

Robinson

Beith

Henderson

Oliver

Roy

Hollis

L Smith

McKay

McGhee

Eckersley

Robinson

Beith

Oliver (midfield central forward as cameo today)

Sow

Walker

Smith

should be strong enough

Hollis

L Smith

McKay

McGhee

Eckersley

Robinson

Beith

Oliver (midfield central forward as cameo today)

Sow

Walker

Smith

should be strong enough

I forgot that Walker and Sow were back for this game and would agree to starting them. However, I honestly would take McGhee out. For all our changes, he's been the constant.

Jambof3tornado

Plastic pitch at stenny. Fingers crossed for no injuries due to it.

international break soon so no need to rest players but maybe an opportunity for a few fringe players to come in.

Plastic pitch at stenny. Fingers crossed for no injuries due to it.

international break soon so no need to rest players but maybe an opportunity for a few fringe players to come in.

I didn't even tipple they had the plastic pitch. I'm even more certain we need to protect our first team.

I would actually field a strong enough team for this match, I think this is a cup we can win this season. Also Stenny won't be that easy to best as everyone is thinking. My team would be

Hollis

L Smith MaKay McGee Eckersley

Walker Robinson Holt Smith

Oliver Keatings

I would have a strong bench if needed: Sow,King,El Hass,Wilson or Ozturk and a keeper

Jambof3tornado

I didn't even tipple they had the plastic pitch. I'm even more certain we need to protect our first team.

May be a useful tester playing on the astro before a league match on one. Most of the players have obviously spent time on the astro so how much harm/benefit either way is hard to say.

May be a useful tester playing on the astro before a league match on one. Most of the players have obviously spent time on the astro so how much harm/benefit either way is hard to say.

It's a fair point, however I'd rather not take the risk in a non league game. I wonder, do the players train on astro at Riccarton? I honestly do not know.

Jambof3tornado

It's a fair point, however I'd rather not take the risk in a non league game. I wonder, do the players train on astro at Riccarton? I honestly do not know.

Yes they do. Modern players shouldnt have any problems with astro assuming footwear choice is sound.

Captain Canada

I'd start with our strongest team and forget about 'what ifs' related to injuries. Yes we have a few already but you can't go through the season worrying about what might happen.

We have no transfer embargo this season and could get in free agents on short term deals if it came to that.

Jambof3tornado

I'd start with our strongest team and forget about 'what ifs' related to injuries. Yes we have a few already but you can't go through the season worrying about what might happen.

We have no transfer embargo this season and could get in free agents on short term deals if it came to that.

correct, injuries happen in training so why weaken your squad worrying about it.

letsalldothebeattie

Will be one hell of a test considering Stenny hit 4 today as well but lost 5-4.

Plastic pitch will give the lads an early feel for what lies ahead at Falkirk & QOTS.

Fancy a changed side maybe not as changed as Wednesday.

Hollis

L.Smith-McKay-Wilson-Eckersley

D.Smith-Robinson-Beith-Nicholson

Roy-Keatings

Keatings needs more game time. Fantastic hat trick today but has had a stop start pre season. Another 60 will help if he plays tues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

Will be one hell of a test considering Stenny hit 4 today as well but lost 5-4.

Plastic pitch will give the lads an early feel for what lies ahead at Falkirk & QOTS.

Fancy a changed side maybe not as changed as Wednesday.

Hollis

L.Smith-McKay-Wilson-Eckersley

D.Smith-Robinson-Beith-Nicholson

Roy-Keatings

Keatings needs more game time. Fantastic hat trick today but has had a stop start pre season. Another 60 will help if he plays tues

Keep both centre backs in to continue to build their relationship.

letsalldothebeattie

Keep both centre backs in to continue to build their relationship.

I agree and I would as well. Just feel Neilson might take 1 if not both out on Tuesday

Alex MacDonald

I know Hamilton was cup-tied for the Petrofac Cup but did he play in the League Cup with Stenhousemuir as well?

Just purchased 3 tickets for both my sons and myself.

Very much looking forward to this.

I know Hamilton was cup-tied for the Petrofac Cup but did he play in the League Cup with Stenhousemuir as well?

Yes, played in both competitions for Stenny.

I think Neilson will make a few changes but keep in some more established players as well - unlike Livi. As folk have mentioned this Cup ranks higher than the Petrofac.

I'd go:

Hollis

L.Smith Ozturk Wilson Eckersley

Robinson Gomis

D.Smith Oliver Walker

Sow

My thinking being that the two CBs should remain and help the full backs. I feel Liam Smith is due a chance and I'd be interested to get him and Eckersley a game as I feel we may need their cover at some point. I'd keep Gomis in purely because when we have both him and Buaben out we have lost the midfield quite significantly. However I'd have Beith on the bench and hopefully if things are going to plan and we get a decent lead and bring him on for Morgaro as early as possible. Oliver worth a start after his goal vs Raith and I'd like to see us try the options of Walker and David Smith as, like the full back areas, I think we'll need them over the season in addition to King and Nicholson. Chance to get Sow back in, although I'd happily see Keatings keep his place too.

All that said I wouldn't be adverse to McGhee or McKay getting a start for Ozturk. Maybe get Roy some game time from the bench too if we are comfortable.

Is the league cup not 5 subs only ??

If it is then I'm cheating.

Same old Jambo's always cheating.

I'd go

Hollis

L Smith. McGhee. Wilson. Eckersley

D Smith. Gomis. Robinson. Walker

Sow. Keatings.

Give Jordan a chance in his preferred position. Try Sow and Keatings together.

I want us to put out a team strong enough to win the game. We have a genuine chance of winning this cup this year, surely not asking too much to give it a crack considering we're also playing less league games and with a larger squad than last year?

fabienleclerq

Anyone not got thei tickets yet?! I booke mine on wed but they've not arrived.

The interesting thing about the league cup this year is that there is a fair chance Celtic will use it for reserves...

kylelauren01

Hearts first team are never on the astro at Riccarton. It was laid in 2004 and is approaching the end of its useful life. It is nothing like the 4g astro used by Falkirk, etc. a lot if the younger ones will be used to modern astro through playing at Hamilton, etc but first team always on grass at Riccarton.

kylelauren01

Hearts first team are never on the astro at Riccarton. It was laid in 2004 and is approaching the end of its useful life. It is nothing like the 4g astro used by Falkirk, etc. a lot if the younger ones will be used to modern astro through playing at Hamilton, etc but first team always on grass at Riccarton.

Jambof3tornado

What about during winter months?

Neilson is in the papers today saying that he will utilise the squad and make changes, not as drastic as Livingston but changes will be made and he still expects to progress.

Neilson is in the papers today saying that he will utilise the squad and make changes, not as drastic as Livingston but changes will be made and he still expects to progress.

That is what I would expect, I would think Robinson, Walker, McKay, Eckersley, Oliver and Sow will all get a start

kylelauren01

Indoors in the hall which has astro a wee bit more modern but not great. Mainly outside though. I don't think I've ever seen them train on the big astro pitch. May all change when Riccarton is upgraded

I remember playing them in the league cup 1977. We all walked through back gardens to get in! After 15 minutes we were bored and jumped a wall to get to a show ground next door. We came back at half time and it was 4-0 to Hearts!

I remember playing them in the league cup 1977. We all walked through back gardens to get in! After 15 minutes we were bored and jumped a wall to get to a show ground next door. We came back at half time and it was 4-0 to Hearts!

Part-timer, I seen all 4 goals and went to the shows at HT.

Did you get Candy Floss in my hair? I used to have a fine mane of hair, now I have a sunroof. I blame everyone at Stenhousemuir that day.

I think Ray Dunlop captained us that day. I forgot about the back gardens.

We got the "Special" through as Drylaw Hearts never got a bus that day, not sure it's only a half mile walk from Larbert, might be but when your getting beaten for dodging lampposts, by the Police, I remember it as a long walk.

Jambof3tornado

Is this sold out yet? Got our tickets but was wondering how many were going to squeeze into the terraced area.

mainstandjambo

Stevie Crawford interview on Hearts TV stating that there will be 6 or 7 changes tomorrow, but players coming in are ones with first team experience who have been knocking on the door for a chance. We know the goalie will be one change, others likely to start are probably McKay, Robinson, Oliver and Walker.

JamboJohn1874

Not going to this after the Livi debacle, as this may be just end up the same. It has to be said though, anyone who was at that game would certainly not have Hollis in goal for Hearts ever again.

I'd give Walker a start assuming he's free from suspension.

yip deffo ... we will need him fully match fit ASAP

Not going to this after the Livi debacle, as this may be just end up the same. It has to be said though, anyone who was at that game would certainly not have Hollis in goal for Hearts ever again.

honestly?

JamboJohn1874

honestly?

Honestly.

Saturday's trip was superb but if this one risks being like last Wednesday, for those of us who actually bothered, I'm not going.

There is a downside to treating supporters badly.

Archived