Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2014

Mikey1874

Shanks said no

Frank Skinner tonight

Have to say I was disappointed and would only give him 6.5/10. Being careful with my marks as he is my first show.

Felt he wasn't sure how to pitch it. Fairly sober crowd including idiots who obviously don't get 2045 as the start time.

No encore.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heartsfc_fan

Went to Forth on the Fringe at the playhouse to tonight. Good laugh and a decent range of comedians.

Kraken was awful. Never go. Mime comedy. The highlight - my mate walking to the centre of the stage on his way out, 15 minutes in, cocked his imaginary shotgun and shot the guy.

Come Heckle Christ - amazing, but it's completely crowd dependent.

Kraken was awful. Never go. Mime comedy. The highlight - my mate walking to the centre of the stage on his way out, 15 minutes in, cocked his imaginary shotgun and shot the guy.

Come Heckle Christ - amazing, but it's completely crowd dependent.

Sometimes stuff really shite turns out funny in a ironic way. Went to see rainbow years ago, it was a Saturday night and no tickets for anything else. It was ******* dreadful, I hope Yewtree catch up with Rod hull as the ***** destroyed my childhood. It was utter piss but audience was pissed, at the end the puppets are lying on the table. This drunk rugby player just got up and started screaming "he's killed zippy" running up to the stage then left.

Going to Glen Matlock, Janis and Running with the firm.

I quite fancy Anne Archer in the show about Jane Fonda too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Glen Matlock was great last night and did a signing session after. I got a book signed and others in front got pics of him doing the 5-1. :verysmug:

12 and 10

I'll ask around. One good thing is Huff at the Traverse Theatre. It's a sort of multimedia walk around installation (that sounds pretty wanky) based on the Three Little Pigs. It is very short as it is only small groups that are let in at a time.

Guest GhostHunter

I'll ask around. One good thing is Huff at the Traverse Theatre. It's a sort of multimedia walk around installation (that sounds pretty wanky) based on the Three Little Pigs. It is very short as it is only small groups that are let in at a time.

Cheers Taz - coming from Stirling so don't want to disappoint them with some pishy wee show that they'll hate - this is their first Fringe :)

Are there any decent kids shows on this year ?

Took my youngest 2(11 and10) to see the I Hate children children's show and Jay Foreman?s Disgusting Songs for Revolting Children (and Other Funny Stories) and the pleasence yesterday. First show was decent and they enjoyed as they like magic and loads of crowd involvement. 2nd started strong with some funny songs but we got bored towards the end.

Any decent late night shows on?

Meeting the bird at 10.30, quite fancy going to see something.

Went to Late N Live at 1am. Was average.

Guest GhostHunter

Took my youngest 2(11 and10) to see the I Hate children children's show and Jay Foreman?s Disgusting Songs for Revolting Children (and Other Funny Stories) and the pleasence yesterday. First show was decent and they enjoyed as they like magic and loads of crowd involvement. 2nd started strong with some funny songs but we got bored towards the end.

Cheers Daz will check out the former one...

Any decent late night shows on?

Meeting the bird at 10.30, quite fancy going to see something.

The stand late show is always great at the weekend, 12oclock start

the general

went to Porky the Poet and Cambridge Footlights at the Jam House on Saturday

part of the free fringe and excellent

Going to see One Man Breaking Bad in a couple of weeks which has sold out the original run of 10 nights and added another 12 or so. Hears good things. Also potentially going to see Jimeoin on Sunday if I amn't heading through to Ibrox.

Got Hot Dub Time Machine as well which was great last year.

For kids:

Huggers

Mike Belgrave's Krazy Komedy 4 Kids

Oliver Meecham

Bec and Tom's Awesome Laundry

For late night comedy you can't go wrong with Shaggers. I've not been to The Stand's late show but all the other late night shows charge you silly money for a hit and miss show that can be ruined by drunks with comedians who can be hit or miss.

Shaggers is free so if 1-2 comics have a bad night it doesn't ruin yours, but nine times out of ten it's a great laugh.

Going to see One Man Breaking Bad in a couple of weeks which has sold out the original run of 10 nights and added another 12 or so. Hears good things. Also potentially going to see Jimeoin on Sunday if I amn't heading through to Ibrox.

Got Hot Dub Time Machine as well which was great last year.

Went to see Jimeon last year and was pretty disappointing. Very middle of the road. I'd pick something else.

Think i'm going to go see Trainspotting.

Think it's on at hill street theatre, should be alright.

Always fancied seeing the stage show. Might look that one up - is the company putting it on any good?

Went to see Jimeon last year and was pretty disappointing. Very middle of the road. I'd pick something else.

It's not me that chose it. One of her mates suggested it.

There was a suggestion of seeing Abandoman or Daniel Sloss on Friday.

Guest C00l K1d

Always fancied seeing the stage show. Might look that one up - is the company putting it on any good?

Meh.

I went to college with them, they all done the acting and we did the tech.

Rybaks shows always get good write ups although I think they're overrated.

I looked up the trailer before I went out on Saturday night and it put me right off. 15 quid a ticket for acting that represents high school acting IMO.

Put on a thick Scottish accent and voila you have laughs type stuff.

I'm going to avoid it anyway.

Meh.

I went to college with them, they all done the acting and we did the tech.

Rybaks shows always get good write ups although I think they're overrated.

I looked up the trailer before I went out on Saturday night and it put me right off. 15 quid a ticket for acting that represents high school acting IMO.

Put on a thick Scottish accent and voila you have laughs type stuff.

I'm going to avoid it anyway.

Wasn't a good enough actor so got told to turn the lights on and off type post IMHO. NAP.

It's not me that chose it. One of her mates suggested it.

There was a suggestion of seeing Abandoman or Daniel Sloss on Friday.

Abandoman is/are meant to be decent.

Daniel Sloss is an unfunny prick.

Guest C00l K1d

Wasn't a good enough actor so got told to turn the lights on and off type post IMHO. NAP.

:laugh:

I was alright at acting FYI. Chose a different path though. **** doing it for a career :laugh:

:laugh:

I was alright at acting FYI. Chose a different path though. **** doing it for a career :laugh:

Fair enough mate.

Out of interest. What line of work did you turn to? :pleased:

Are there any decent kids shows on this year ?

If 'Help, My Supply Teacher is a Magician' are there again this year that was enjoyable last year.

Also another couple of lads doing a magic show at Teviot were enjoyable...names escape me...Mappin and Webb comes to mind but I feel sure they do something else. Maybe Mitchell and Webb? I may have mentioned them on a last year's Fringe thread.

Guest C00l K1d

Applying your acting skills to other fields. I like it.

At least i finally get to do the acting for once.

ArcticJambo

Anybody know what if anything (and at what time) is happening in town re: the Turning off of Lights to mark 100 yrs since entry to WW1?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Jambo Hud316

Last Thursday went to see David O'Docherty who was worth seeing, Henning Wehn was also not bad, took about 10 minutes where I thought it was going to be cringy bad but he improved as the show went on and to be fair it was his preview show.

Someone mentioned Abandoman....they are superb, seen them last year, a must see in my opinion.

Got tickets on Saturday for the one man breaking bad show and the whats the title matter anyway

Ashamed to say that I have never bothered to attend anything at the Fringe or Festival before. I suppose it's because I would get the train into Edinburgh for a few jars on a Saturday and walk up the royal mile and see the half wits that annoy the life out of you (you know the ones, they pretend to be clever, funny or political but their real talent lies in how much they make you want to kick them clean in the balls if they don't get out your way or stop ramming flyers in your face) however; starting slowly, I have decided to go to the next best thing......fringe by the sea in North Berwick. Getting the train down on Saturday afternoon for a few jars, meeting some mates who claim they are getting Phil Jupitus tickets. Should be a good wee excursion.

5.30 Dane baptiste - 7/10 - thought he was decent, you can tell it's his first show but had some really good moments

6.50 Imran Yusuf -8/10- proper laugh out loud moments, gets a bit serious in the middle but found him really good

8.10 Steen Raskopoulus -7/10 - cheap but constant laughs, something for everyone in his show.

10.00 Marcel lucontls - 8/10 - great, arrogant French man pulled off with great style.

Steve Day, stand up at the three sisters, free fringe. Today, tomorrow and Thursday 4pm. Very funny guy.

Shanks said no

Ashamed to say that I have never bothered to attend anything at the Fringe or Festival before. I suppose it's because I would get the train into Edinburgh for a few jars on a Saturday and walk up the royal mile and see the half wits that annoy the life out of you (you know the ones, they pretend to be clever, funny or political but their real talent lies in how much they make you want to kick them clean in the balls if they don't get out your way or stop ramming flyers in your face) however; starting slowly, I have decided to go to the next best thing......fringe by the sea in North Berwick. Getting the train down on Saturday afternoon for a few jars, meeting some mates who claim they are getting Phil Jupitus tickets. Should be a good wee excursion.

We were exactly the same until a few years ago, avoided it like the plague. Even to the extent that my wife worked in the old Royal Infirmary and we would keep well clear despite it being right next door. We decided to give it a go and once we had overcome our hackles rising (and they still do) when the student types ponce about in front of you, we found that is was a great comedy / drinking experience. Now hooked each year and only wish we had given it a go before.

Shanks said no

No doubt I will receive abuse but

Jim Davidson at the Assembly Hall

Superb

9/10 but I could go much higher

No doubt I will receive abuse but

Jim Davidson at the Assembly Hall

Superb

9/10 but I could go much higher

No you couldn't. You could only go 1 higher.

Seen James Acaster at the Cabaret Bar in the Pleasance Courtyard last night.

Acaster 2/10, venue 0/10 (left about ten mins before the end because it was so hot inside the venue, pish wee stools to sit on too)

Archived