Anti Climax

jambodale

So because our B team had a poor result in a friendly you think we are now going to struggle?

Man City fans must be really shitting it.

Are folk seriously calling that our B team? :laugh:

At least 8 or 9 of those players will have a huge part to play this season. The only positives I can see in this, is that glorious away kit and the fact Robbie thought we were shite.

Lets be honest, folk have got a wee bit carried away with all the signings and the expectation was we would turn up and win easily.

Seymour M Hersh

At least 8 or 9 of those players will have a huge part to play this season. The only positives I can see in this, is that glorious away kit and the fact Robbie thought we were shite.

Lets be honest, folk have got a wee bit carried away with all the signings and the expectation was we would turn up and win easily.

Are you calling it our strongest first team?

People do realise that we're going to drop points next season aye? And to teams worse than Dundee as well.

I still think we'll be up there challenging for top spot come the end of the season.

The Treasurer

The whole squad will have a huge part to play but I don't think anyone would ague that this was our strongest team.

As some posters have said, we will drop points/lose games against worse teams than Dundee this season and as usual those games will be followed by mass pant wetting on here.

From "We're going to win the league" to "We're no' very good" is the reason I don't bother my backside with friendlies.

Friendlies! Good God, y'all. What are they good for? Absolutely nothing. Say it again.

This! We will be alright when the season starts. I also anticipate a few shocking results like for example losing to hibs. Shit happens. Lets not wet ourselves before it kicks off. Nor should we cream ourselves should we win 6 points from the first 2 games. Lets take it one game at a time and see how the season pans out.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would be more worried if we went hell for leather in these games and ended with players sidelined with injuries before the real stuff kicks off. It is all about getting the right blend and we will learn a lot where things need to be worked on before the big kick off by looking back over these games.

jack D and coke

Funny how people try to spin things to suit :laugh: the only teams we've beat in pre season have been part time. Everybody talking us up and rubbishing Sally and the hun. If Dundee had just taken three off the hun or hibs it would be a different story.

I'm glad in a way it should be a bit of a wake up call IMO.

I understand that it's just pre season and results don't mean much.

But is anyone else worried that it might just be an anti-climax and we have an average season and struggle for results.

3 points guaranteed from Hibs, but win the league? No way

7yzymyzy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The whole squad will have a huge part to play but I don't think anyone would ague that this was our strongest team.

As some posters have said, we will drop points/lose games against worse teams than Dundee this season and as usual those games will be followed by mass pant wetting on here.

The spine of the team was missing. Alexander, Ozturk and Wilson, El Hassnaoui and Sow. Add to that Gomis and Buaben only playing part of the game and you'll see this was a chance for for 1st team aspirants to claim a place. I doubt id af anyone did. While it's certainly not a result to be pleased with, nor is it the end of the world.

The spine of the team was missing. Alexander, Ozturk and Wilson, El Hassnaoui and Sow. Add to that Gomis and Buaben only playing part of the game and you'll see this was a chance for for 1st team aspirants to claim a place. I doubt id af anyone did. While it's certainly not a result to be pleased with, nor is it the end of the world.

Spine of the team :laugh:

How many of those players have you actually seen play? Our are you just going to assume they're all top drawer because they have fancy names?

mattyw_1874

How many of those players have you actually seen play? Our are you just going to assume they're all top drawer because they have fancy names?

The spine of our side will be Alexander. Wilson Ozturk. Gomis Buaben with sow up top. Out of those Sow and Ozturk are the only players I've not seen in a competitive match before but going on pre season they look pretty good.

The rest of our squad are lightweight and it's no shock they where brushed aside by a better team. We watched it happen for an entire season.

Edit:I still think we will have a good season but a number of injuries/suspensions to key players we will struggle like any other team in Scotland.

If it makes you feel any better remember our pre season friendly last year when we beat Raith Rovers 5-0.

Two months later they took us to pens in the LC.

Pre Season friendlies don't mean a thing . Thats why most folk give them a miss unless its a glamour team like Man City etc.

They are just glorified training exercises IMO. They shouldn't even be charging folk to get in to them.

jack D and coke

If it makes you feel any better remember our pre season friendly last year when we beat Raith Rovers 5-0.

Two months later they took us to pens in the LC.

Pre Season friendlies don't mean a thing . Thats why most folk give them a miss unless its a glamour team like Man City etc.

They are just glorified training exercises IMO. They shouldn't even be charging folk to get in to them.

I knew that game with Raith was a farce tho I watched it on RR TV and it should've been about 8-5 to them they missed hatfuls of chances and we scored with all our 5 chances. A 3-0 defeat to Dundee is alarming on any day of the week for me. I'm not being alarmist at all I just don't like to see us being brushed aside no matter who we play or for whatever reason friendly or not.

I understand that it's just pre season and results don't mean much.

But is anyone else worried that it might just be an anti-climax and we have an average season and struggle for results.

3 points guaranteed from Utd, but win the league? No way

Fixed to be used on Manchester City forums too..

:facepalm:

Results in pre-season mean very little but you'd still expect a better performance than we reportedly put in last night.

Not overly concerned but our attitude needs to be better.

I knew that game with Raith was a farce tho I watched it on RR TV and it should've been about 8-5 to them they missed hatfuls of chances and we scored with all our 5 chances. A 3-0 defeat to Dundee is alarming on any day of the week for me. I'm not being alarmist at all I just don't like to see us being brushed aside no matter who we play or for whatever reason friendly or not.

I don't think anyone is denying that it was a poor result or performance last night but the whole point of friendlies is to try and learn things.

If lessons were learned then it was a worthwhile exercise. Much better to get these results out the way now rather than later.

Nelly Terraces

May be wrong, but weren't the pre season performances & results before the 2005/06 season not complete pish, or at least uninspiring?

I think that is good getting these sort of results pre season. It keeps the team grounded and also if there is any mistakes get them out of the way so to speak. As long as the coaching staff dont allow the heads to drop it will be fine.

For example in golf you see the players out before there round hitting practice shots getting there range in etc.

I haven't seen any of them play this pre season. I have seen Wilson last season and Alexander, Buaben, & Gomis in recent seasons. The others I have relied on opinions from JKB, the press and the club.

Whether or not I have seen them is irrelevant. It looks as though they will form the backbone of the team and most were missing last night. If they are not better than last night's replacements then all our positivity has been misplaced. Time will tell.

PS I don't think Wilson and Alexander have particularly fancy names, at least not in this country.

I think that is good getting these sort of results pre season. It keeps the team grounded and also if there is any mistakes get them out of the way so to speak. As long as the coaching staff dont allow the heads to drop it will be fine.

For example in golf you see the players out before there round hitting practice shots getting there range in etc.

Does'nt help the golfer in the Championship if he is duffing his shots on the practice ground beforehand though!

Let's be quite honest here.

If the board had a purge on all members with the word 'Jambo' in their username, kickback would be a much better place to be.

If the board had a purge on all members with the word 'Jambo' in their username, kickback would be a much better place to be.

:cornette:

:sob:

I'd want my fiver back :muggy:

Robbie made six?... seven changes obviously to make sure all the lads have had decent game time! He wants to know exactly what all his players capabilities are. But he did say that they didn't really put any or enough effort into the game most likely because its a friendly! I'm not sure how the lads will treat the game this Saturday but with our best team out and if they put in the effort it should be an easy win! As far as the league goes not worried at all. Still think we have a real chance for the title!

:verysmug:

portobellojambo1

I don't think anyone is denying that it was a poor result or performance last night but the whole point of friendlies is to try and learn things.

If lessons were learned then it was a worthwhile exercise. Much better to get these results out the way now rather than later.

The most important people thought it was a poor performance, the coaches, and if they get that across to the full playing squad, then last night;'s game and result may have done more good long term than bad. There is no point in wandering through countless friendlies running up bags of goals and learning nothing. The odd setback helps bring people's feet back onto the ground, because everyone who thinks we will saunter through next season is dreaming. We will lose games, that is a certainty before the season starts, but learning from, mistakes made in pre season should help limit the number of defeats when it really counts. I'd rather lose 3-0 in a game that doesn't cost you points, doesn't see you drop out of a cup competition than lose 3-0 when it really matters.

And if the coaches have told those playing last night that the performance wasn't what is expected of them they either learn from it or they sit on the sidelines watching others play.

Lavrentiy Beria

Robbie will be telling a few fringe players its their chance to stake a claim for the start of the season , I have faith that he knows which players he can trust .

Archived