Leeds

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Haven't paid players wages.

Not looking good for them on or off the park. The boy from Cagliari was always going to dick them about given the state of the Italian club and the shambles around their stadium over the past few seasons.

Pretty dull for the fans however.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's all right. Since their fans detest Man Utd they have something to smile about.

joondalupjambo

If that is true then Zal must be thinking he is living his current professional career, in terms of finances anyway, in a bad dream. He may just have gone from the fat into the fire so hope he has savings!!

tartofmidlothian

Big Zal is a ******* Jinx :smart:

:lol:

My first thought too. Maybe we shouldn't wish for him back after all.

joondalupjambo

He was apparently liked by the Leeds fans when he signed but blamed by the manager, according to their blogs, for a few of the goals in a big loss against Sheffield Wed I think. He was still talked up on the blogs but never got back into the team and has spent the last couple of months on the bench and has never got on. I wonder if his contract is heavily linked to games played = bigger weekly pay? This latest news would explain perhaps why he has not been getting a game. Don't play him, don't pay him?

tartofmidlothian

He was apparently liked by the Leeds fans when he signed but blamed by the manager, according to their blogs, for a few of the goals in a big loss against Sheffield Wed I think. He was still talked up on the blogs but never got back into the team and has spent the last couple of months on the bench and has never got on. I wonder if his contract is heavily linked to games played = bigger weekly pay? This latest news would explain perhaps why he has not been getting a game. Don't play him, don't pay him?

Well they're not paying anyone right now!

Unfortunate timing, but IIRC Zal was outstanding for them when he was on a short term contract and pretty much as soon as he signed a new deal the team's form went down the toilet. Don't think that was his fault but he certainly didn't do any better than the rest of their crummy defence.

Fort Vallance

If that is true then Zal must be thinking he is living his current professional career, in terms of finances anyway, in a bad dream. He may just have gone from the fat into the fire so hope he has savings!!

He ****** should have !

Why?

Because one would surmise that he had earned a substantial amount of money over the last decade and it would be poor financial management if he had messed it all in.

Say What Again

Without getting attacked for being anti-Zaliukas, that's not entirely true.

He was out the team for a while after Leeds took a right scudding (0-6), but he played as recently as March 11th, and by all accounts had a nightmare as Reading put four past them at Elland Road. He was substituted after an hour.

joondalupjambo

He was out the team for a while after Leeds took a right scudding (0-6), but he played as recently as March 11th, and by all accounts had a nightmare as Reading put four past them at Elland Road. He was substituted after an hour.

Yep sorry meant not back into the team on a week to week basis as a regular,

i was at leeds reading, and he played well but made one error which led to readings 4th (maybe 3rd?) goal.

Gregory House M.D.

:jjyay:

Hate that risible little outfit. Cheats since the days of Don Revie and Billy Bremner and their fans are utter troglodytes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hate that risible little outfit. Cheats since the days of Don Revie and Billy Bremner and their fans are utter troglodytes.

Love them myself. Great fans, incredibly loyal, great family club too, passed from father to son, remind me very much of another club.

Love them myself. Great fans, incredibly loyal, great family club too, passed from father to son, remind me very much of another club.

Yes, we're both in the crap! :tiny:

Always had a soft spot for them as I grew up and half the team were Scottish and as you say a great family club. Just like us they will be back, unfortunately they are struggling to attract the right owners.

We have had to almost go the wall, due to the 'small person' and we are not out of the woods yet, but thankfully due to our superb fanbase. We will be back bigger and stronger, Hopefully Super Leeds will in the future....

Paulie Walnut

I fancy a draw, but that is a decent price.

Always get a win when players don't get paid

Gregory House M.D.

Donny Rovers :pleasing:

As for comparing Leeds to Hearts :muggy:

They're nothing like us. Hibs, maybe.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Donny Rovers :pleasing:

As for comparing Leeds to Hearts :muggy:

They're nothing like us. Hibs, maybe.

Donny Rovers Gillingham Stevenage, it doesn't matter. Much like Cowdenbeath Stranraer Dumbarton, it doesn't matter. Hearts and Leeds 2 truly supported clubs, regardless of childish emoticons

Nookie Bear

Be an armchair Man U fan all you like but give the embarrassing Leeds chat a miss. Leave that to the guys who know what it is like.

In your lifetime, Leeds have been nothing to Man Utd on the pitch and I doubt you have seen any problems off it either so forget the fake anger.

Basically, stick to being plastic. It's nothinv to be ashamed of.

I remember going to a Hearts v Leeds pre-season friendly at Tyncastle around 1980. I was at high school and remember getting chased by adult Leeds fans from Haymarket to near the West-end. Was absolutely crapping it. Despite that, I do admire the size and loyalty of their support, even though they've dropped out of the top flight. A true sleeping giant.

Gregory House M.D.

Where does this "sleeping giant" stuff spring from, out of interest? They have 5 major domestic honours and 1 fairs cup.

They are a middle of the range club in England. Nothing "giant" about them.

This isn't a dig at you by the way Yoda, more an observation of the views held about Leeds in general and how they came to be as it seems totally unjustified.

Konrad von Carstein

That's because you are a sky league fan boy amd are trying too hard to hate the team your pretend team hates.

Gregory House M.D.

That's because you are a sky league fan boy amd are trying too hard to hate the team your pretend team hates.

What a dull response to a genuine question. Totally predictable though. I don't like them because they remind me of Hibs with their disrespect of the dead and disrupting minutes silences with petty nonsense. I just don't like them. Nothing to do with United. Also, hearing about the tactics of Don Revie and the infamous Bremner Vs Mackay tackle just makes me dislike them more.

Anyway, the question has nothing to do with me not liking them. I just find it strange they are always described in such endearing terms with their negligible trophy haul.

scott_jambo

What a dull response to a genuine question.

Be honest, you don't really hate Leeds.

You have nothing to with any Lancashire/Yorkshire rivalry and you were barely alive when they were rivals. You've probably met around 3 Leeds fans in your life and never visited the City or Elland Road.

Gregory House M.D.

Wasn't a genuine question though was it.

Well it is, what with them being absolute pony for 99% of my life and them having such a tiny honours list that is blown away by the likes of Blackburn Rovers, Wolves and Nottingham Forrest, yet they aren't described like this every time they are mentioned.

Konrad von Carstein

You at one point were a decent poster but not so much now. Chasing the bites makes you tedious, sorry.

Gregory House M.D.

You at one point were a decent poster but not so much now. Chasing the bites makes you tedious, sorry.

Yeah, chasing bites off of the 2 or 3 Leeds fans on the board. :vrface:

It actually is a genuine question. One you clearly can't answer though.

Konrad von Carstein

Haha You are chasing bites all the time which detracts from how good a poster you were at one time. As for your question? Again it wasn't a genuine question you were trying to be "all Man U"

Gregory House M.D.

Haha You are chasing bites all the time which detracts from how good a poster you were at one time. As for your question? Again it wasn't a genuine question you were trying to be "all Man U"

Aye, ok. Consider this exchange over, I'm sure someone will answer the actual question.

Hate Leeds good to see them suffer.

The English version of rangers. *****

Kiddy on Man Utd fans, etc, etc.

Anyone using anything similar to the above line is tedious as ****, let alone anyone else.

Weren't the Revie cheating allegations unfounded? I'm pretty sure he and/or Bremner successfully sued a newspaper about them.

Do Leeds fans disrupt silences? I've personally never seen it (which isn't to say it hasn't happened - many teams unfortunately do it). I'm aware that fans burned some sort of Bradford effigy after the Bradford fire, which is obviously in shocking taste and entirely disrespectful. I'm convinced that it was a few arseholes that did that, and not the fairest reflection on their support.

Gregory House M.D.

Weren't the Revie cheating allegations unfounded? I'm pretty sure he and/or Bremner successfully sued a newspaper about them.

Do Leeds fans disrupt silences? I've personally never seen it (which isn't to say it hasn't happened - many teams unfortunately do it). I'm aware that fans burned some sort of Bradford effigy after the Bradford fire, which is obviously in shocking taste and entirely disrespectful. I'm convinced that it was a few arseholes that did that, and not the fairest reflection on their support.

They sang One Don Revie throughout Sir Matt Busby's silence. They say it was because United and other clubs weren't asked to observe a silence for Revie.

Kiddy on Man U fans slagging off Leeds :facepalm:

:spoton:

It never ceases to amaze me when people on here get all vocal about teams from places they have never been or will only ever see on Sky.

Plastics getting excited about a club they can't remember their kiddy on team every playing.

:cornette:

Konrad von Carstein

Not a Man U fan and don't support an English team just don't like Leeds.

Why is that? Genuinely interested

BonnyriggSectionG

Why is that? Genuinely interested

Honestly have no idea. Have you ever had a team that you just don't like? Hate seeing them win or having success. Have the same feeling towards Dundee utd have no reason to hate them just do.

Archived