Meeking's red card overturned?

avhudtheteeshirt

avhudtheteeshirt

Once again Hearts are given a slap in the face by the GFA as a player who blatantly lashes out in anger or petulance at our player gets a straight red card overturned. By what measure has this been looked at, as I feel if it was a Hearts player who had done the same I feel sure it would have stood! I know that it is not very often players get a chance on getting to a national final but surely that is not the reason for overturning a blatant kick at an apposing player.

avhudtheteeshirt

Good reply, but if a player deliberately lashes out you want only a talking to or a yellow card at worst?

willie wallace

I cannot believe he has got away with this.He made no attempt at a tackle but deliberately kicks Robinson as he was breaking free and could possibly have injured him.I presume the card has been reduced to yellow so the SFA are saying his offence is the same as kicking the ball away or taking your shirt off.

Bet Andy Carroll wishes his appeal was held in Glasgow.

Pretty clear that if he wasn't missing a final then the red would have stood.

Another case of the SPFL making / manipulating the rules to suit.

Once again Hearts are given a slap in the face by the GFA as a player who blatantly lashes out in anger or petulance at our player gets a straight red card overturned. By what measure has this been looked at, as I feel if it was a Hearts player who had done the same I feel sure it would have stood! I know that it is not very often players get a chance on getting to a national final but surely that is not the reason for overturning a blatant kick at an apposing player.

I fail to see how this is a slap in the face to us. It doesn't affect us at all.

So now that this referee has made two blatant mistakes this season can we safely assume he will be rewarded with another high profile game?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I was surprised the ref brought out red at the time tbh. Robinson's challenge early doors was probably worse.

I do agree though that if Inverness hadn't made the final then it probably would have stood.

That tackle was never a red, this place would have been in uproar if it was a Hearts player sent off for that.

A red card every day of the week didn't even attempt to play the ball and Meekins reaction after he did it was telling, turned and walked, he knew what was coming.

avhudtheteeshirt

Got told on Tuesday by an SFA observer that the red card would be over turned.

This only goes to prove that its a fix, as when it is looked at is it not out of the way of prying eyes so ref does not get any more flack. If it is looked at what does the ref think he was doing i.e. stopping the player running up field or was it a blatant kick to injure or was it the draft from the swipe of his leg that brought the player down? To overturn the red it has to be the last!!!!

Pretty clear that if he wasn't missing a final then the red would have stood.

Another case of the SPFL making / manipulating the rules to suit.

I agree with that. They've showed leniancy so that he doesn't miss the final.

I can't help but think that it may have been a different outcome if it was a Hearts player though.

Boy who left field after scoring isn't getting another yellow card is he though?

Didn't look like red at time and many eg St Mirren boy Anderson today are upheld so they do seem to be fairly consistent.

Shame about the hand ball penalties though.

Even though i'd probably err on the side of saying it was a yellow, it's perfectly justifiable to see it as a red card. It's utterly cynical and with the intent to cause harm; if he only wanted to break up play he could've done it with a lot less aplomb. Surprised to see it has been overturned.

is that you vlad?

You don't have to be a mad egotistical Russian to see that- just aware!

Don't understand how it's being labelled the Glasgow Football Association for giving an Inverness CT player the chance to play in a final against Aberdeen.

What? They just did it to screw us? Ok.

Never time just instruct the referee not to send him off in the first place, and maybe send off Scott Robinson early on.

Still, they are all against us.

quincy adams wagstaff

You don't have to be a mad egotistical Russian to see that- just aware!

your right I've known for years they are bent,sad thing is its so obvious and they don't seem to be answerable to anybody,they have no fear when they stitch us up

Glad he'll be able to be part of the final humping the sheep will dish out.

Not a fan of either but I don't want the wee cup won by a team with no history, fielding hatchet men huddies and managed by that moron winning.

Yup, still bitter about the semi... and it's no surprise at all that the GFA have once again manipulated the rule book to suit.

I know it doesn't effect us directly, but we have hardly benefitted from these review boards this season so it pisses me off when others do.

The intent to harm was there, straight red.

Dalkeith Jambo

The replay slows it down and it looks like a booking at most.

At the game, the speed and intent was clear- to injure.

This.

Thought it was a red on Sunday but when watching the replay again on TV i can see why some say a yellow would have sufficed.

Poor Inverness got the sympathy vote. Most other teams in the league would have been laughed at had they appealed that sending off in my opinion.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I'm pleased. I'd like Caley to stuff Aberdeen so the stringer their side is the better. Seeing Yogi lifting a trophy after being at Caley for 2 minutes after failing dismally at Hibs will also annoy Hibs fans. Win win. Think it could be a good game actually - quite looking forward to it. Always like the non-OF finals.

So now that this referee has made two blatant mistakes this season can we safely assume he will be rewarded with another high profile game?

Thing is did the ref make mistake as such?

In real time it looked a blatant 'lash out' 'tackle'. Taking into account a break wss in, in the modern game the is very close to being a red.

Mistake, understandable decision?

I wouldn't give the ref too much blame. I understand why at the time he would deem it as a red.

Anyway, wonder what the decision been if we had won the penalties or it had been an earlier round?

Dbl.

never A RED, to be honest, a yellow at most, correct decision by the appeal team.

Scott Robinson flew in after 4 minutes with both feet off the ground and was given a yellow, so im my book both had to be yellow

The replay slows it down and it looks like a booking at most.

At the game, the speed and intent was clear- to injure.

This.

Thought it was a red on Sunday but when watching the replay again on TV i can see why some say a yellow would have sufficed.

I have just looked at it again on the BBC highlights which shows to me that the ball was a good 7 yards away when Robinson was taken out. Unfortunately it does not show you how many ICT players were between ball and their goal. However I have counted and including Meekings there were 8 ICT players in the Hearts half and all of them Hearts goal side of the ball. They were down to 10 men at this time so there is 1 ICT player other than the goalkeeper possibly ICT goal side of the ball when Robinson is taken out. That is why Meekings took Robinson out and IMHO a straight red card.

Am I missing something about the intent to injure? I didn't see it that way, I saw it as a foul to stop us breaking and even then I might be wrong but did it not happen about half way in our own half?

The People's Chimp

Even though i'd probably err on the side of saying it was a yellow, it's perfectly justifiable to see it as a red card. It's utterly cynical and with the intent to cause harm; if he only wanted to break up play he could've done it with a lot less aplomb. Surprised to see it has been overturned.

This. There is a very clear case for it being a red, certainly not a huge case for it being overturned.

Completely agree with the decision to overturn the red card. Never a sending off in my eyes. A cynical foul but just a booking would have definitely sufficed.

Diadora Van Basten

Defo red for me.

One yellow for the deliberate foul and one yellow for it being a dangerous challenge.

I think it's ridiculous that it has been rescinded and the Inverness are a team of cloggers.

It was a cynical, professional foul because he knew his team was exposed at the back and it was only one simple pass to put one of our guys clear on goal.

It wasn't a late tackle, it wasn't mis-timed. It was cynical.

Straight red every time.

avhudtheteeshirt

Just seen Andy Carroll's red card upheld for what I thought was a lot less contact and intent than Meekings one. That to me proves that there is something wrong in the SPFL refereeing standards that need looked at!!! On other matter of Scott Robinson the compliance officer has never missed us before now, he must have thought nothing of the challenge????

the only folk that should be miffed about it is Scaberdeen, the semi is gone now, anyway the refs in Scotland will continue to make rip roaring james hunts of themselfs at every given game they take charge of.

How many men did ICT have in our box when Robinson was fouled? We were breaking in numbers and could well have scored the match winning third goal.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wish he had not sent him off. Losing on penalties against 10 would have been more bearable.

Archived