The front page of today's Sunday Post

tartofmidlothian

Gregory House M.D.

Might sound harsh but if she herself has bought it on finance then the debt doesn't become void with her husbands death. That's the law I'm afraid.

Hopefully Hearts can sort it out for her but it is zebra finance that she owes the money to, not Hearts as far as I'm aware.

Just read the bottom of the article and Hearts have sorted it for her.

tartofmidlothian

That's unbelievable! People still read the Sunday Post?

:lol:

Spotted in the shop, honest.

I am sure they won't be getting the DD,s cancelled from currys or that but the Sunday post feels the need to pick on Hearts. What a ridiculous article. I would say boycott the paper but nobody really reads it anyway.

tartofmidlothian

Might sound harsh but if she herself has bought it on finance then the debt doesn't become void with her husbands death. That's the law I'm afraid.

Hopefully Hearts can sort it out for her but it is zebra finance that she owes the money to, not Hearts as far as I'm aware.

It's been cleared already, after the paper got in touch.

Agreed that it's not really a failing on the club's part, although the line about her calling the club a second time and being told only directors can cancel STs so it wouldn't be possible because we don't have any is mystifying.

Apart from the last paragraphs meaning that the whole story was bollocks (and if Hearts or Zebra didn't know he was dead, it's hardly their fault), why is the Hibs-supporting wife wearing a Hearts strip? Is it because the thick public see that it's about a Hearts supporter and if they see his wife in a Hibs strip they'll not be able to get it through their skulls? And why the feck did this woman phone the newspaper to tell them how evil Hearts and Zebra are if she is a grieving widow.

Shite, the lot of it.

Why would you go to the paper with that? It was her debt regardless of who used the product she purchased.

Sy

Why would you go to the paper with that? It was her debt regardless of who used the product she purchased.

Sy

tremendous levels of shite from the post. almost as bad as moaning to the papers when bookies don't pay out on your bet for a hibs win after hibs draw.

john brownlee

I bet you he is turning in his grave about the actions of his hibbie wife .......she could have done a lot more before going to the papers a quick post on here and I bet it would have been paid by a good natured Jambo. I know a few that would have helped in an instant.......hobbits just can't help themselves ....no sympathy from me I wonder who is taking the kids to T unite or have they handed back their tickets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tartofmidlothian

Bit harsh to rip the poor woman, it's obvious she felt she'd exhausted her options and had to go to the papers to get satisfaction. Just a shame we have a skeleton crew behind the scenes and this obviously didn't go up the chain of command.

It goes without saying she should also be pitied for her choice of team.

Bit harsh to rip the poor woman, it's obvious she felt she'd exhausted her options and had to go to the papers to get satisfaction. Just a shame we have a skeleton crew behind the scenes and this obviously didn't go up the chain of command.

It goes without saying she should also be pitied for her choice of team.

It still does not take away the fact it was not Hearts bailiffs as it was not Hearts she owed the money to.

Also I am sure there would have other ways to resolve the matter. I certainly would not go running to be papers over a relatively small amount of money. I would also have other priorities if I just lost a partner and my children a parent.

tartofmidlothian

It still does not take away the fact it was not Hearts bailiffs as it was not Hearts she owed the money to.

Also I am sure there would have other ways to resolve the matter. I certainly would not go running to be papers over a relatively small amount of money. I would also have other priorities if I just lost a partner and my children a parent.

A relatively small amount of money you're being hassled for and probably can't afford? Aye no worries, best just ignore it eh? :blink:

No question the paper have spun any minimal blame on the club for maximum effect. Feck 'em.

A relatively small amount of money you're being hassled for and probably can't afford? Aye no worries, best just ignore it eh? :blink:

No question the paper have spun any minimal blame on the club for maximum effect. Feck 'em.

I didn't say she should ignore it. I said she should not have gone running to the press. None of my family did, when close relatives died and we encountered difficulties in resolving financial matters.

CavySlaveJambo

What is also not mentioned in that article is Zebra Finance are also in Administration. Surely that would make them more likely to chase any money owed.

My dad always got the Post & the Mail. It was his Sunday routine. One day, about 20 years ago, Hearts were playing on the Sunday against the vermin, the same day as a Glasgow derby. Lots of stuff about the games on Saturday, lots about the impending meeting of Rangers & Celtic and not a single sentence on our game.

Never bought the Post since then.

Don't you all know what an evil and vile institution we are stealing from everyone and hassling poor hibby widows for a debt that is not even ours. I wonder how that story made the front page amongst all the current goings on in the world

Don't you all know what an evil and vile institution we are stealing from everyone and hassling poor hibby widows for a debt that is not even ours. I wonder how that story made the front page amongst all the current goings on in the world

We are clearly as bad as William Hill who refused pay out on a losing bet.

Francis Albert

Classic newspaper filler. Widow/widower gets a letter from the gas board demanding payment, is "devastated" and "emotionally scarred". Why anyone grieving for a loss should

care about some bureaucracy not knowing your loved one is dead has always been a mystery to me. In any event the "bailiffs" are in the right - the debt remains a debt, and thedeceased's estate is liable. Waiving the debt is a favour ... at the expense of some, possibly poor, Zebra Finance creditor.

Gregory House M.D.

Only it would be Zebra Finance's bailiffs, not Hearts'.

As far as I'm aware, unless she's been to court and a court officer has been told to do so, which she hasn't, then there is no such thing as a bailiff in Scotland. May be wrong but never ever heard of a company sending bailiffs in Scotland.

As far as I'm aware, unless she's been to court and a court officer has been told to do so, which she hasn't, then there is no such thing as a bailiff in Scotland. May be wrong but never ever heard of a company sending bailiffs in Scotland.

You could be right. The laws are certainly different, so the story could be even more crap, if the bailiffs visit was merely a telephone call.

queensferryjambo

The News editor of the Sunday Post is a H1b5 fan he is a mate of mine from school - his last post on facebook after the Edinburgh derby was - 'Cheats never prosper. See you again in two or three years, perhaps.'

Make your own mind up if there is an agenda.

That's a pretty big story for the Sunday post. Normally their front page is dominated with scandals about cheating in jam making competitions or some old fella who has managed to grow a prize winning marrow for the 18th year in a row.

Piss poor by the Sunday Post, the whole story is riddled with inaccuracies to paint the club in a bad light for a situation it had nothing to do with.

My dad always got the Post & the Mail. It was his Sunday routine. One day, about 20 years ago, Hearts were playing on the Sunday against the vermin, the same day as a Glasgow derby. Lots of stuff about the games on Saturday, lots about the impending meeting of Rangers & Celtic and not a single sentence on our game.

Never bought the Post since then.

That is uncanny!

Used to by the Mail and the Post for the football and, gave up for the same reason.

Apart from the last paragraphs meaning that the whole story was bollocks (and if Hearts or Zebra didn't know he was dead, it's hardly their fault), why is the Hibs-supporting wife wearing a Hearts strip? Is it because the thick public see that it's about a Hearts supporter and if they see his wife in a Hibs strip they'll not be able to get it through their skulls? And why the feck did this woman phone the newspaper to tell them how evil Hearts and Zebra are if she is a grieving widow.

Shite, the lot of it.

This.

The News editor of the Sunday Post is a H1b5 fan he is a mate of mine from school - his last post on facebook after the Edinburgh derby was - 'Cheats never prosper. See you again in two or three years, perhaps.'

Make your own mind up if there is an agenda.

How revealing. The tragedy here is that we have lost a solid gold Jambo far too young.

May he in rest in peace despite the worst efforts of the Sunday Expletive Post.

The guy owned 86. Eighty six. hearts shirts, yet it took his Hibs supporting wife to buy him his first season ticket?

Bullshit.

queensferryjambo

The widow herself has commented about being misled in the way the story would be reported.

Exactly.

Not only has she just lost her husband she has just been used by The Sunday Post for a cheap sensationalist story.

I am glad she posted a comment explaining her side of the article it is just a shame she has been put in the position where she feels she has to.

SundayPost_zps1b458624.jpg

Exactly.

Not only has she just lost her husband she has just been used by The Sunday Post for a cheap sensationalist story.

I am glad she posted a comment explaining her side of the article it is just a shame she has been put in the position where she feels she has to.

SundayPost_zps1b458624.jpg

Sounds like she has been given some abuse on Facebook. Terrible outcome for her after a tragic loss. All generated by the journalist who turned this story into an anti Hearts article.

When a photographer asks you to don the shirt of your teams biggest rivals you have to start asking questions of their intentions.

RIP to the fella and thoughts with his family/wee ones.

queensferryjambo

Sounds like she has been given some abuse on Facebook.

The quote isn't from facebook (even though her picture has the facebook logo) it is response to some comments on The Sunday Post site. There has been no abuse given the only negative comments are aimed towards the newspaper not Mrs Russell.

Not good PR for us at all, despite the swift response mentioned at the end. Debt collectors FFS.

RIP to the guy, he sounded like one of us and then some.

http://www.sundaypost.com/news-views/scotland/hearts-bailiffs-chased-widow-1.175524

I do not believe it, the SP has an internet site.

The quote isn't from facebook (even though her picture has the facebook logo) it is response to some comments on The Sunday Post site. There has been no abuse given the only negative comments are aimed towards the newspaper not Mrs Russell.

My mistake.

horrible situation that she feels a need to justify her actions.

I think I recognise her from years ago when they must have had season tickets in the roseburn, back in 08/09. Saw her and the family number of times that season (if it is indeed her). Reason i remember was that me and some mates were having a laugh at some of the great work her and her hubby did to noise up opposition players.

What a ludicrous excuse for an article - and it really ended up on the front page?! Seriously desperate stuff from the Post.

A page full of nonsense which is poorly researched, full of bollocks, and the main subject feels exploited and manipulated. Baffling.

Who is this Gordon Blackstock chap anyway?

Email: [email protected]

Has Twitter but doesn't appear to use it sadly. @GBlackstockSP

Can get the @Sunday_Post themselves on this account though.

Just found the front page photo....

FFS.

epydata7.jpg

Did Gordon Blackstock once write for the Evening News or The Scotsman?

That's kind of why I was asking.

I'm sure his name rings a smell of some sort.

I noticed this as well. Couldn't believe what I was reading on the front page. How stupid can somebody be to let that go to print?

Hearts Bailiffs FFS.

Archived