Petrov charity game

Jambofifer

Unbelievable turnout for this man , brought a wee tear too my eye when his kid ran on the park too walk around and get the applause he deserves !

Very hard year and half for the man glad too see him pull on a football shirt once again !

Summed it up , Alan Stubbs interview after game , petrov breaks down and talks about his kids that he's so glad too see everyday .

Didn't even know this was on TV. Would have been a good watch.

Pretty star studded affair. Made seeing John Terry and the likes in a Celtic top. :lol:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Didn't even realise this was on TV.

My mate has been trolling One Direction fan girls on Twitter for the last half hour after the guy who signed for Doncaster got halved by Gabriel Agbonlahor :lol:. They are quite defensive aren't they?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

John Bishop came on for Petrov's team. They got a penalty, he stepped up to take it, milked the applause from the crowd then missed it :lol:.

John Bishop came on for Petrov's team. They got a penalty, he stepped up to take it, milked the applause from the crowd then missed it :lol:.

:laugh: then somehow the boy who stuck in the rebound got given offside? How could he possibly have been in front of the ball when the penalty was taken? :laugh:

Holyrood_Hearts

John Terry hit the post with a lob from his own half would have been an amazing goal.

It was an incredible hit by him. I only seen some of the first half & him & Carlos Cuellar got a bit stick from the Celtic fans!

Great turn-out for Petrov & hope he continues on the road to recovery.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

:laugh: then somehow the boy who stuck in the rebound got given offside? How could he possibly have been in front of the ball when the penalty was taken? :laugh:

Aye I saw that. Not sure how that works :lol:.

It was an incredible hit by him. I only seen some of the first half & him & Carlos Cuellar got a bit stick from the Celtic fans!

Great turn-out for Petrov & hope he continues on the road to recovery.

This in spades. He was a diver in his Celtic days but seems a good guy who has been through hell.

I'm gutted I missed a televised Celtic charity game.

I'm apoplectic with rage that I cut my grass today and missed this. :seething:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Their fans will be congratulating themselves for weeks, so I'm sure you'll get to hear all about it.

Was a Petrov charity game. Celtic old players was one of the sides. Not a penny goes to anyone else except the Petrov charity which will raise awareness about his condition and hopefully save the lives of others not fortunate enough to get regular tests as they aren't professional footballers.

Their fans will be congratulating themselves for weeks, so I'm sure you'll get to hear all about it.

This.

Good guy, excellent cause. But the Celtic support as a whole is so smug and self righteous.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

There are better and more worthwhile cancer charity stuff going on, hopefully the raised some cash. But this high profile stuff is just a drop in the ocean.

Was a Petrov charity game. Celtic old players was one of the sides. Not a penny goes to anyone else except the Petrov charity which will raise awareness about his condition and hopefully save the lives of others not fortunate enough to get regular tests as they aren't professional footballers.

Well said mate

There are better and more worthwhile cancer charity stuff going on, hopefully the raised some cash. But this high profile stuff is just a drop in the ocean.

In what way is this event and the cause that this money will go to any less worthwhile than the other 'cancer charity stuff' going on. There are many different ways and different vehicles for raising money for charity and all are worthwhile. As long as the money is invested in the right places then it can make a real difference, irrespective of how it is raised. These events are more than just about the money raised, they are about raising the profile of the causes and charities they are supporting. High profile events like this are a great way to quickly and significantly raise a lot of money and raise the profile.

Hi Jezza, :)

I'm perfectly aware of the above, Ta. You know what? Irrespective of something being for a good cause, I couldn't bring myself to watch those disgusting players unless it's with hatred as they are facing Hearts.

The fact it's for a good cause does not make it visually appetising. I've no interest in watching old Betsy stand with the RSPCA shaker outside British Home Stores either.

Guess I'm DEFINITELY not a great guy in real life. :(

Hi Jezza, :)

I'm perfectly aware of the above, Ta. You know what? Irrespective of something being for a good cause, I couldn't bring myself to watch those disgusting players unless it's with hatred as they are facing Hearts.

The fact it's for a good cause does not make it visually appetising. I've no interest in watching old Betsy stand with the RSPCA shaker outside British Home Stores either.

Guess I'm DEFINITELY not a great guy in real life. :(

Fair play. Be bitter about a charity game. Thankfully Chelsea/rangers/proper hearts men minded people like the captain John terry think differently.

Fair play. Be bitter about a charity game. Thankfully Chelsea/rangers/proper hearts men minded people like the captain John terry think differently.

Are you a proper Hearts man, Jezza? What did you do that was above my contribution? How do you know what I do for charitable causes to make me less of a proper Hearts man than you? :(

Cancer is cancer. It ruins lives and devastates families. Non is more worthwhile than others.

Many people can relate to the Petrov story and a guy who was in his prime of life life turned upside down and how hard it is seing a person you know and love become weak. And how hard it must be for Petrov to go from a premiership captain to the way he is now.

People see Celtic and think its one big love fest. I hate Celtic as terry and cellular will but there's a much bigger picture and 60,000 fans and donations via text and also BT buying the game will make a lot of cash for people trying to raise awareness and beat the disease.

Are you a proper Hearts man, Jezza? What did you do that was above my contribution? How do you know what I do for charitable causes to make me less of a proper Hearts man than you? :(

I'm a hearts man. Proper hearts men are arseholes.

Slagging off a charity game as a grown man because it included Celtic is pathetic though.

maroonlegions

Bickering about those engaging in charitable causes :facepalm: why not just have a league table of who is the best at it :cornette: and while we are at why not have a debate on what is or what constitutes those engaging in charitable causes as acceptable sources . Good on those who attended and all those who played in that match, just a pity the politicians and greedy bankers did not feel as charitable... :th_o:

Canny quite believe theres people even arguing about this, charity game to raise money for a terrible illness. Good on them, cant stand them but well done to them all the same.

Genuinely shocked by the anger over this game.

Some cracking players were playing FFS. Pires, Berbatov, Barry, Terry etc.

Thought it was brilliant to watch in all fairness, despite it being played at Parkhead in Celtic stripes it was fairly enjoyable as a comedy to see a bunch of overweight ex-pros playing some fairly decent football.

It's for charity, give it a break.

I was at the game today representing my organisation.

Money went to the following sources:

?100,000 went to Petrov's Leukaemia charity

?50,000 to Glasgow North East Foodbank

?30,000 to a charity Celtic support in Pakistan

I was at the game today representing my organisation.

Money went to the following sources:

?100,000 went to Petrov's Leukaemia charity

?50,000 to Glasgow North East Foodbank

?30,000 to a charity Celtic support in Pakistan

where the tickets only ?3

How much were the tickets, even at ?5/10 a skull they should have raised more than that

Aye, tickets were ?10 a pop but after the contributions to each charity and overheads (inc. several overseas flights, accommodation etc.) the remainder goes into Celtic Charity.

jamboinglasgow

How much were the tickets, even at ?5/10 a skull they should have raised more than that

Tickets ?10 for adults, ?5 for concessions.

Archived