Darren Barr - Killie?

BM1874

tartofmidlothian

Shiels is gone and if their chairman's ousted too Killie will be a far less irritating club this season.

Also says they're talking to Webster, although he has an offer from Stuart Baxter's Kaizer Chiefs, likely to sign Brian Easton and looking at Daryl Duffy and St Mirren's Jack Smith. Boyd had an offer from QOTS but will stay at Killie.

Good player. Good luck to him. Allan Johnstone could have a half decent team there next season.

Darren Barr is a good player and a top professional, but Hearts were the best he'd get. Good move for him in my opinion.

Pans Jambo

Good luck to the lad. Wish him all the best. Decent squad member and as long as he doesn't go to Sevco I hope he does well. It would have been good to keep him TBH.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Good Luck to him in where ever he ends up. Started the rout on that day in May and combined with the fact it was Darren who got me my tickets for that game also means in my eyes he is a legend.

All the best Darren.

Wish we'd kept Barr!

:-(

I am with you on this CBJ.

When Darren was in charge of the back 4 I thought he was excellent and marshalled the back line competently. I think his problem may have been that he is a leader and did not shine when Webster ofr Zal were in charge.

I think if played at centre back and in charge of the Killie defence he could be huge for them.

Buggery bollocks

If we had kept barr I doubt very much Wilson would be at the club and Wilson has far more potential in terms of a sell on fee than Barr having said that I did like him gave u 100% every game and played for jersey

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Not a great player but not short on endeavor. Kilmarnock is probably a good move for him.

Just goes to show that if you offer an SPL player an SPL wage he will sign for you, you don't need to offer them huge wages.

Hopefully we have learnt our lesson.

Hearts offering the same wages as Killie, St J, Aberdeen, Utd, Well - where will a player choose to go??

Caspian Primrose

Just goes to show that if you offer an SPL player an SPL wage he will sign for you, you don't need to offer them huge wages.

Hopefully we have learnt our lesson.

Hearts offering the same wages as Killie, St J, Aberdeen, Utd, Well - where will a player choose to go??

Spot on.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So what's the scouting report from Kickback then? Worth the red cards?

Good player to have in your team. Not that many reds I don't think? Far better in midfield than defence though.

The People's Chimp

Shiels is gone and if their chairman's ousted too Killie will be a far less irritating club this season.

Also says they're talking to Webster, although he has an offer from Stuart Baxter's Kaizer Chiefs, likely to sign Brian Easton and looking at Daryl Duffy and St Mirren's Jack Smith. Boyd had an offer from QOTS but will stay at Killie.

Wonder what Killie Mitch has to say, but given their documented financial woes/flirting with admin etc, are they able to afford these guys?

The People's Chimp

Decent player, will be an excellent signing for you if you do get him. Solid, dependable and definitely best played in midfield.

Really rated him myself. He had a slow start, but when he was given a chance he showed to me he was good enough for Hearts. Best for us in defensive midfield, but I think he puts in a good shift at centre back. Reckon with Pascali staying on at Killie that he'll be in the back line keeping Sissoko in check for you guys, and leading the youngsters you have coming through. Think he is ideal for that job. Definitely got leadership qualities about him. Wish we'd kept him on at Hearts, reckon that he would have been our captain had he stayed and he was a good professional for younger players to learn from. Wish him well at Killie, but not against us :curtain:

Had a fantastic season under Paulo Sergio and obviously was outstanding on the 19th of May. Has been pretty poor this season and was a bit of a risk to offer him a new deal. However, if we weren't in the financial situation that we are I suspect we would have offered him a new one.

Would be a good signing for you. Sad to see him go but we can't afford to squander wages.

tartofmidlothian

Good player to have, his first 12-18 months with us he sucked but he came good. I've never been conviced by him at RB but the second half of 2011-12 Paulo Sergio put him in DM and he really excelled there, the type of player you don't notice but play better with. He played at CB a few times last season and came onto a game there too.

tartofmidlothian

Had a fantastic season under Paulo Sergio and obviously was outstanding on the 19th of May. Has been pretty poor this season and was a bit of a risk to offer him a new deal. However, if we weren't in the financial situation that we are I suspect we would have offered him a new one.

Would be a good signing for you. Sad to see him go but we can't afford to squander wages.

I don't think he has. I think despite people saying he's versatile he's a good DM, a pretty good CB and a pish RB. He was all over the place in 12-13 and he lived up to those expectations in every position.

Alwaysinourshadows

If you're looking for a creative, passing midfielder then he's NOT your man but if you want a hard worker who can tackle then he is.

PsychocAndy

I gave him stick on here after the 0-3 Killie game, he was that dreadful that day I gave Danny Wilson man of the match for banjoing him, every head and kick was sliced behind him in those 20 odd minutes he was on the pitch, but I'd have to say that performance sticks in my mind because it was so bad and he isn't a bad player. As said you notice the stuff he does when he is not playing.

Good luck in the future Goal scoring, Cup winning Legend.

peter_hmfc

1799264_w2.jpg

Legend. Loved the way we all got to do one final, collective Darren Barr after he scored in the last derby.

KillieMitch

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like exactly the sort of player we need. As to the 'how can we afford' questions - we've let a lot of players go so there is budget to sign about six new players and keep roughly the same costs as last year. The season ticket boycott might make that interesting, but that's another matter and we don't know how big an effect that will have. There's nothing concrete about us actually wanting to sign Webster - but it looks like Kris Boyd, Daryl Duffy, Brian Easton and Barr are on the radar.

I was never convinced with him in midfield as he looked what he was; a defender playing in midfield. Put in a very good shift but I prefer my midfielders to have more passing and technical ability.

If you play him regularly at centre half, you could have a very good player there.

jamboinglasgow

Agree with others that he is better in midfield than defense. Very good at the defensive side of the DM, but not great at passing, so requires another player alongside to use the ball after he wins it. Worked well when we had Ian Black alongside him to do that. But a hard worker and a decent player.

mahgrassyshoes

I don't think he has. I think despite people saying he's versatile he's a good DM, a pretty good CB and a pish RB. He was all over the place in 12-13 and he lived up to those expectations in every position.

A big part of the problem was that the experienced "ball-players" around Barr were pants and as such Barr was trying to be the leader and press the team on. Completely not his game and didn't look as good as he did under Sergio, as a result. Shows the kind of guy he is though, that he tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck despite it not being natural to him.

Archived