Stevenson signs 3yr Deal for Hearts (Merged Threads)

Armadale Jambo

I don't get the venom towards the guy on here. He wanted paid and took a stand, it was a ballsy thing to do.

Broxburn_Jambo

I don't get the venom towards the guy on here. He wanted paid and took a stand, it was a ballsy thing to do.

Maybe something to do with the fact that his career was going nowhere before we signed him, took him to international recognition and he walked away first chance he got and then slagged us off. An absolute disgrace of a man.

It's not venom. It's the fact that he thought he was billy big time & has been found out in less than 9 months, where he's made 11 appearances... Great signing he proved to be... NOT!

Aye right, ok then. Ballsy ma heehaws

Making a protestation about the lack of wages and a legitimate complaint is one thing. Greeting to the press like a sniveling wee laddie and using things like "it would pay my monthly car payments" when a significant portion of wages were paid and using the "stress" on his wife and unborn child as well as him as an excuse, c`mon Ballsy ??????

The number of unemployed people who scrimp and save and survive and do it with dignity on a pittance of what he was earning and the tatooed freak come out with that. Think you may find you will be in the minority. Most would agree he has a right to complaint, few will agree with how he went about it.

Guest Dipped Flake

He ran to the press when his wages were late, trying to say Hearts were responsible for the health of his wife and baby, then refused to play. Nothing ballsy at all

Sergio Garcia

He also wanted to test himself down South at such prestigious venues like Anfield.......oh wait.

kingantti1874

he wailed to the media, he walked out on the club at a time of need.... no other player did it.. and then he blamed it on his pregnant missus... he said he couldn't afford his 1k a month car payments... all from a guy earning about ?200 a week before we plucked him from oblivion... **** Stevenson..

Interesting choice. A club frequently rumoured to be struggling financially. Imagine if Motherwell went into administration.

Wonder what the tattooed dickhead would do then? :whistling:

ToadKiller Dog

Going running to the red tops showed disrespect for his team mates ,his comments showed disrespect to his pregnant wife and the clubs fans .

A wee bit of an arrogant prick just amazed he aint going to Greenco Rangers they are more suited .

He rightly will get it tight at Tynie ,think he will lose it also .

Interesting choice. A club frequently rumoured to be struggling financially. Imagine if Motherwell went into administration.

:lol:

he wailed to the media, he walked out on the club at a time of need.... no other player did it.. and then he blamed it on his pregnant missus... he said he couldn't afford his 1k a month car payments... all from a guy earning about ?200 a week before we plucked him from oblivion... **** Stevenson..

Very much this...

I dont usually comment on issues like this as there are usually two sides of any story.But in this case i,m afraid he,s little better tha a scab who are of course the lowest of the low.

Usually I'm not one to have a go at any returning player who has left us(including Webster and Pressley),but Stevenson is a sad and pathetic individual who deserves all the abuse he gets.The main thing he forgot was the word TEAM, they were all in it together but he chose to go bleeting to down market papers and then use his wife as a excuse,Unforgivable.

The players who stood by the club were more ballsy IMO.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I know a lad from work who used to train alongside "Stevo". Apparently he was a total welt of the highest order, forever carrying himself around like he was the second coming. I for one say, i hope you fail miserably at Murderwell Ry-dawg and your career plummets back to where it belongs. :thumbsup:

Finally been found out down south (again:-D) and coming up the road with his tail between his legs cant wait 2 give him pelters at tynie

Couldnae hack it at the dizzy heights of Ipswich, Ryan? :smuggy:

Imagine the seethe if he scores against us :lol: (I'm including myself in that btw)

Drewjambobusby

Don`t get it ? One minute everyone wails like a bairn, whenever the Daily Auld Firm prints something negative about the players etc or the Evening Hibernian does the same, but in the next breath , they berate someone who had the Balls to stand up to the mad feckers that run our club, and suddenly believe everything that is written ????? Fact- he refused to play because he wasn`t being paid. NOT FACT- Any other speculative bull shit that was written about it.

He had the balls to stand up for himself and his family. Just a pity we don`t have other people along the lines of the Riccarton 3 and Stevenson, who tell it like it is, "Oh Wait" they don`t, because they know what happens next !!

Guys get a grip. Good signing for Motherwell which will mcome back and bite us in the ass.

Don`t get it ? One minute everyone wails like a bairn, whenever the Daily Auld Firm prints something negative about the players etc or the Evening Hibernian does the same, but in the next breath , they berate someone who had the Balls to stand up to the mad feckers that run our club, and suddenly believe everything that is written ????? Fact- he refused to play because he wasn`t being paid. NOT FACT- Any other speculative bull shit that was written about it.

He had the balls to stand up for himself and his family. Just a pity we don`t have other people along the lines of the Riccarton 3 and Stevenson, who tell it like it is, "Oh Wait" they don`t, because they know what happens next !!

Guys get a grip. Good signing for Motherwell which will mcome back and bite us in the ass.

:cornette:

YOU.CANNOT.BE.SERIOUS :lol:

Are you Ryan's missus?

rossthejambo

I barely understand most of this but there was direct quotes attributed to Stevenson in the article your suggesting is bullshit.

All the other players survived and didn't bad mouth the club and are now reaping the rewards by playing at Anfield and becoming club legends by hammering Hibs in the Cup final, he'll rightly be taking abuse on his return to Tynecastle.

Fermit the Krog

I dont usually comment on issues like this as there are usually two sides of any story.But in this case i,m afraid he,s little better tha a scab who are of course the lowest of the low.

He's little better than a scab for wanting paid on time and refusing to work when he wasn't being paid?

:teehee:

That's a belter.

I doubt the papers less when they quote him directly rather than unnamed sources, which I do doubt. They quoted him and he did not deny it. His subsequent actions suggest it was true. No one has ever said the tabloids are always wrong, just that they do make up a lot up and get away with it by attributing quotes to unnamed people and using the words understands, believes or allegedly.

Drewjambobusby

I barely understand most of this but there was direct quotes attributed to Stevenson in the article your suggesting is bullshit.

All the other players survived and didn't bad mouth the club and are now reaping the rewards by playing at Anfield and becoming club legends by hammering Hibs in the Cup final, he'll rightly be taking abuse on his return to Tynecastle.

The Riccarton 3 who stood up to Romanov survived ? and became club legends by playing in Final ? Understand why, you don`t understand my original post now.

My point put in simple terms is, I think the criticism of the guy is unfair. He took a stand for personal reasons, and is getting pelters for it ? Also, all the reasons as you say "Direct quotes" or not, are irrelevant. The guy wasn`t being paid ? Never understood the love affair with Romanov, and just accepted it as part and parcel of blind faith.

As for Stevenson we would have been better trying to get him back. Goals are a problem dont you know ?

kingantti1874

The Riccarton 3 who stood up to Romanov survived ? and became club legends by playing in Final ? Understand why, you don`t understand my original post now.

My point put in simple terms is, I think the criticism of the guy is unfair. He took a stand for personal reasons, and is getting pelters for it ? Also, all the reasons as you say "Direct quotes" or not, are irrelevant. The guy wasn`t being paid ? Never understood the love affair with Romanov, and just accepted it as part and parcel of blind faith.

As for Stevenson we would have been better trying to get him back. Goals are a problem dont you know ?

the other 60 odd players at the club accepted the clubs explanation, allowed them the time to deal with it and we're paid every penny... the didn't go running their mouths of to the scum weegie press and air club business in public.. there is a right way, and a wrong way. The direct quotes were in very poor taste... he was shite when at hearts anyway... let's be honest

Drewjambobusby

the other 60 odd players at the club accepted the clubs explanation, allowed them the time to deal with it and we're paid every penny... the didn't go running their mouths of to the scum weegie press and air club business in public.. there is a right way, and a wrong way. The direct quotes were in very poor taste... he was shite when at hearts anyway... let's be honest

Bit Harsh. Didn`t think he was shite ? Maybe not the best but shite no. Fair enough re the other players, and what they decided to do. My point is he made a decision not to play, and it went public.Whether you agree with his reasons, or felt he was working his ticket, I still say fair play to him for making a stand, and letting people know what was going on. Lets face it communication, is not the Romanov regime`s strongest point.

He's little better than a scab for wanting paid on time and refusing to work when he wasn't being paid?

:teehee:

That's a belter.

Yes ,very much so .His teamates were were in dispute with the employer.They went through the proper channels ,used the union and effectively won the case.He broke ranks by blabbing to the press and using his wife as an excuse to get out.A scab just like John Martin who also used the wife card.

Some folk are embarrassing! 'he was nothing before he came to Hearts'... Err... So? If your employer didn't pay you would you be okay cos you werent famous 'previously'?! Note: how many players are 'big' at or after hearts? Not all that many in all honesty. Yup he went to the press - or maybe they went to him, and he gave a warts and all story - and?! Get over it!! I don't back him, I dont care one way or the other who he plays for. But this childish 'he told on Vlad, sob sob sob' mentality is WEIRD! Is it no more important to support those still at the club than passionately berate those that left?

Yes, imagine buying players and strengthening an already balanced squad. The very idea !!

Archived