Pessimism Optimism 19th May 2102

dannymack

How high is you mantle should you fall off with egg on your face ?

Getting a bit worried here with the high levels of confidence in some people who are predicting a Hearts triumph come 19th May, maybe it's an age 'thing' with me, Hearts have let me down on countless occasions but only satisfied me several times ultimately naming 1980, 1998 and 2006 with the odd semi final thrown in for good measure, not even going to lower the highs(?)for the Derby victories despite them being enjoyable at the time but simply I am a very pessimistic Hearts fan who does not need the over the top confident Hearts fans continually telling me the so-called outcome for the final.

All I'm going to say is remember the past, Gretna for instance, the countless Semi Final failures and the fact that Hibs are simply not there to make up to make up the numbers, do not confuse FEAR with CAUTION.

Doom and Gloom, over and out :peepwall:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Getting a bit worried here with the high levels of confidence in some people who are predicting a Hearts triumph come 19th May, maybe it's an age 'thing' with me, Hearts have let me down on countless occasions but only satisfied me several times ultimately naming 1980, 1998 and 2006 with the odd semi final thrown in for good measure, not even going to lower the highs(?)for the Derby victories despite them being enjoyable at the time but simply I am a very pessimistic Hearts fan who does not need the over the top confident Hearts fans continually telling me the so-called outcome for the final.

All I'm going to say is remember the past, Gretna for instance, the countless Semi Final failures and the fact that Hibs are simply not there to make up to make up the numbers, do not confuse FEAR with CAUTION.

They're getting boabied. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm more worried about this years final tbh. :whistling:

Crikey, never noticed that... All a wee bit Arthur C. Clarke. :lol:

fabienleclerq

My dad says we will lose, regarding Hearts he is always wrong.

Im confident, im not giving it big licks to my hibby mates but when asked i tell them we have the better team and will win.

Know what? I'm already sick of this.

See the four arseholes (and that's what you are) who are STILL shiting it off that subservient, hilarious, pathetic, ludicrous shite?

Top yourself.

I mean it.

Top yourself.

hibs, for ****s sakes. hibs.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

See the four arseholes (and that's what you are) who are STILL shiting it off that subservient, hilarious, pathetic, ludicrous shite?

Top yourself.

I mean it.

Top yourself.

:thumbsup: This! :lol:

Top yourself.

I mean it.

Top yourself.

:wow:

:lol:

:wow:

:lol:

Ryan Jarman

What's there to be pessimistic about?

They've not managed to put the ball in our net all season without Zali doing it for them.

Plus I'd rather sit here confident about a win for The Famous for the next 20 odd days that be one of them Pat Santoning myself.

Chad Sexington

I'm nervous, but I'm always nervous before huge games.

Come the day, I'll expect us to pump them...for the simple reason that we are superior in every department.

Everybody loves Baz

Top yourself.

I mean it.

Top yourself.

:laugh:

Guid !

Buffalo Bill

I think a lot of our confidence is genuine, a lot is bravado, and a lot is mind games, intended to make fans visiting from across the road feel inferior, and therefore doomed to failure.

Me personally, I'm just looking forward to it now more than anything. I am nervous, but five or six pre-match pints will sort that.

Whether we like it or not, May 19th is coming, and the only thing we can do is shout, and hope for the best.

I think a lot of our confidence is genuine, a lot is bravado, and a lot is mind games, intended to make fans visiting from across the road feel inferior, and therefore doomed to failure.

Me personally, I'm just looking forward to it now more than anything. I am nervous, but five or six pre-match pints will sort that.

Whether we like it or not, May 19th is coming, and the only thing we can do is shout, and hope for the best.

Well Mr. B, count my confidence under utter derision, please.

hibs.

**** me.

I'm nervous, but I'm always nervous before huge games.

Come the day, I'll expect us to pump them...for the simple reason that we are superior in every department.

This x 1000

Usually nervous before big Hearts games and believe me this is the biggest I can remember. Strangely though I cannot see anything other than a Hearts win by two goals or more,the game will be in our hands before they even kick off,I also think if they go a couple goals down their temprement will go and a couple of them will be sent off. Once again,the Hearts are having a party.

I know what yer saying mate but the past is the past. Other clubs have got beaten in countless semis or other big games they feel they should have won ....its not a Hearts thing... While i agree you have to tread careful and not get cocky i also hate the way some Hearts fans can be quite negative and tense and let the past dictate their outlook.

I look at what we`ve WON. The games we HAVE been successful in .....it proves Hearts can be winners. Of course there has been sad days but you get that at most clubs outside the OF.....even the OF have shite days.

Its about belief as fans and getting behind the team and hoping they respond and do the job.

We are a brilliant support on big ocassions and we`ll certainly not let the team down. That`s all you can ask as fans......

then its over to the players......

If im alive in 2102, 200 yaers for hibs, ill be happy. On this years final im just as, if not, more nervous than 06. We have a great oportunity for 3 scottish cups in last 14 years (and my life). The players need to deliver or face the consequences. I really want to win the match, THEN think about the cup. :-D. H.E.A.R.T.S.............

Pessimism is for losers. You are more likely to succeed If you believe in yourself. Look at Hibs in 2006 - they were beaten before kick off.

This 100%

Chad Sexington

Pessimism is for losers. You are more likely to succeed If you believe in yourself. Look at Hibs in 2006 - they were beaten before kick off.

They had a lot more to be pessimistic about though. ;)

I think there is a difference between big night nerves and pessimism.

I suffer from big night night nerves right up to kick off. I still always believe, deep down, that we will destroy the tramps though. ;)

Exactly my friend we can add only our support we cannot do it for them on the park its there for the taking if they want it but on the day we have no control over the football on the park.

RoussetsShorts

I'm not worried at all. You can see it in their fans eyes the now, all this false confidence and 'its meant to be' chat. They know we have a far superior side, a better support and will utterly ream them come the final. They are just trying to enjoy the build up until our 1st hits the net. It's all psychological, both their fans and their players know whats coming except they are pretending they don't.

maroonlegions

While i am naturally cautious before any derby it has to be remember that on the day we will have an advantage emanating from our sections of the ground on the 19th, that advantage will be our 12th man.Players of any team can detect any confidence or negativity coming from the stands and often than not will react mentally to either.Our end will naturally be bouncing and emanating confidence and our players and theirs will react to it but their end will stench of real fear and nervousness and it will be very hard to hide , their players will react to their fans with probable trepidation, nervousness and will have a real inferiority complex because they know deep down Hearts are far better and more dangerous than them.If they pump high balls up to Penguin and O"Donner and by pass the midfield, as i feel they will as they really have no quality in mid field, we will destroy them, simple.4 or 5-0 Hearts.

Chris Benoit

Shite thread. It's not about pessimism or optimism, it's about realism. Hibs don't win Edinburgh derbies, Hearts lose them and even then we don't do it much and never when it really matters. FFS we even claim victory from draws when we should've lost.

We're on the winning side of one of the most one sided derbies in world sport, not just football. Why not gloat and be confident we've earned it.

Buffalo Bill

I got some pepperoni from the supermarket today.

It expires 19th May.

This shit just got real.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

It expires 19th May.

This shit just got real.

:rofl:

Don corleone

They had a lot more to be pessimistic about though. ;)

I think there is a difference between big night nerves and pessimism.

I suffer from big night night nerves right up to kick off. I still always believe, deep down, that we will destroy the tramps though. ;)

This, absolutely. Head says Hearts. Gut always niggles me but well summed up, Honeywoon nerves!

As a child of dens, the Celtic and airdrie semis etc etc etc, and that last 10 minutes in 98, I know if we are to be victorious, it will NEVER be straight forward. Hearts will do it the Hearts way.....

Is that not what makes it special to know you support The Heart of Midlothian FC

It expires 19th May.

This shit just got real.

My innocent smoothie expires on the 19th.

The game will go smoothly for us. :greggy:

Quietly confident.

But a few hobbits I know are absolutely SHITTIN' themslves!

Its the game of our lives people, only those old enough to see the team of the 50s has witnessed games as big as this. The fear of not winning it could possibly be a stronger emotion than the joy of winning it. That will be the same for both teams fans, with us Jambos in a worse place as we are the favourites.

Now if you put all that logic aside for a moment.

And get into those Hibs ***** :P

I'm confident . The cup has our name on it (literally, something the old squirm cant brag about). I'm going for 3 - 0 Hearts either Beats or Rudi to score first and sticking a pound on 7 - 0 Hearts Zal to score first laugh.gif just to shut those losers up once and for all. Come on the Hearts and FTH

Does anyone really believe that your own individual thoughts or optimism/pessimism on the game actually effect the outcome?

:rofl:

What will be, will be.

We have constantly pissed over that shower of pathetic shyte for my entire exsistance.

That is tangible, touchy feely, 100% fact.

For that reason, I'm in.

FTH.

livingstonjambo

I had a dream Webster scored. Therefore, Webster will score :smuggy:

I had a dream that Danny Grainger scored first.... :facepalm:

going to have to put a wee be on just incase though :thumbsup:

Fermit the Krog

If we turn up on the day, we'll win.

If Hibs turn up on the day along with us, we'll still win.

Where we could have a problem is if we do not turn up. Something I've not witnessed under this management team.

Nothing to do with optimism or confidence, just simple facts.

It's all about us.

Sydney Hearts

If we turn up on the day, we'll win.

If Hibs turn up on the day along with us, we'll still win.

Where we could have a problem is if we do not turn up. Something I've not witnessed under this management team.

Nothing to do with optimism or confidence, just simple facts.

It's all about us.

I hope they've got their bus booked!

2-0 HHGH,

Shite thread. It's not about pessimism or optimism, it's about realism. Hibs don't win Edinburgh derbies, Hearts lose them and even then we don't do it much and never when it really matters. FFS we even claim victory from draws when we should've lost.

We're on the winning side of one of the most one sided derbies in world sport, not just football. Why not gloat and be confident we've earned it.

Nice one bruv :thumbsup:

Pessimism is for those that cannot handle the drugs.

CS50.jpg

It's real simple:

You can be optimistic and enjoy yourself, or me miserable and pessimistic.

The thing is being optimistic raises your spirits and even if it goes wrong you have a better chance of recovery.

The pessimists - so low if the worst did happen (it won't) it becomes untenable.

They are afraid - They are very afraid. we need to beware cornered rat Syndrome... you need to concentrate on that rat.

Archived