Internet Explorer 6 Issues

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

For those who are experiencing issues with IE 6 or 7, please follow the directions as set out below.

- Hover cursor over user name in box in top right hand corner of screen, drop down menu will appear

- Select 'My Settings'

- Scroll down to 'Posting Settings' and check the box beside 'Enable visual (RTE) editor?'

- Click 'Save Changes'

If all is good - you should now be able to post and see what you are typing in the editor box.

Apologies for this !

Dex

Commander Harris

I'm amazed how many workplaces etc still use IE6 - it's essentially a 10 year old browser. ?Time to upgrade folks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here's a suggestion - download firefox and use that instead! Or even better, get a Mac and use safari!

Microsoft - the Glasgow Rangers of the technology world.

JamboInSouthsea

here's a suggestion - download firefox and use that instead! Or even better, get a Mac and use safari!

Microsoft - the Glasgow Rangers of the technology world.

Couldn't agree more - Firefox is a far better browser and apparently trashes even the latest Microsh*t one on their new 'operating system'. Couldn't afford a new Mac myself but when my pc went nuts I installed Ubuntu Linux instead and everything works well fast...plus all the software you could ever need is totally free.

I have to use IE6 at work, when the changeover first happened I done the fix mentioned and everything went well.

Now however, I am unable to post. All goes normal until I hit the Post or submit reply button, then it just takes me back to the shed or terrace/

Any ideas?

JamboInSouthsea

I have to use IE6 at work, when the changeover first happened I done the fix mentioned and everything went well.

Now however, I am unable to post. All goes normal until I hit the Post or submit reply button, then it just takes me back to the shed or terrace/

Any ideas?

Upgrade what you've got or get Firefox installed...i'd go for Firefox as it's so much better. Google Chrome may be good but have never tried it so cannot comment.

Upgrade what you've got or get Firefox installed...i'd go for Firefox as it's so much better. Google Chrome may be good but have never tried it so cannot comment.

All very well except the first part of my post states at work, got to stick to IE6.

IT dept wouldnae be much impressed if I started installing new programs.

JamboInSouthsea

All very well except the first part of my post states at work, got to stick to IE6.

IT dept wouldnae be much impressed if I started installing new programs.

Oops, must learn to read things through...perhaps you could go on strike til yer demands are met and you can get back on to using forums here.

Oops, must learn to read things through...perhaps you could go on strike til yer demands are met and you can get back on to using forums here.

I did consider it, but they might not notice I have went on strike.

• 2 weeks later...

As a former IT worker i'd like to just say its not our fault!

you have to blame management for ie6 still being used

oh and i think chrome and opera are nicer than firefox (although i use firefox a lot still)

Not sure it's an IE6 problem or me being a techinical ******, but I keep having to sign in every time I go to JKB. Is there a techincal issue with this or is it something in my settings? (I haven't changed anything since the problem started and it is both at work and at home!!)

Thanks in advance thumbsup.gif

• 3 months later...

Archived