How many Hearts badges has there been?

Coney Island Baby

Coney Island Baby

This site has 5 different Hearts badges on it...

harts_edinburg_shotlandiya_old_logo.pngbrand.gifbrand.gifbrand.gifbitmap.png

There's also those two that are on the front of eighteen74.

Any others?

Ray Winstone

This site has 5 different Hearts badges on it...

harts_edinburg_shotlandiya_old_logo.pngbrand.gifbrand.gifbrand.gifbitmap.png

There's also those two that are on the front of eighteen74.

Any others?

65.jpg

Chris Benoit

Really loved that badge. Just looked right.

brand.gif

This is the badge i always remember being on my kit when i was a kid :rolleyes:

I like the current badge best.

The round effort with the name x 2 is utterly rididculous & verminesk.

It looks shit. The new one is much better. One of the few things pieman got right. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't have it as the main club badge or anything but i really like the style of the HMFC on the eighteen74 magazine.

Ray Winstone

It looks shit. The new one is much better. One of the few things pieman got right. :thumbsup:

Although he did try and re-brand us as 'Hearts FC' rather than 'Heart of Midlothian.

yup,looks like it has clogged ventricles like the majority of Scottish hearts

Coney Island Baby
I think it's nice for flags and that, but the current one is definitely better on the kit and on printed material etc.

Deeply offended by that comment PF.

When that crest first appeared on the kit in 1977 it was iconic and everyone loved it, did you?

Chris Robinson is a **** for suggesting numerous ideas.... re-naming the commercial side of the club WTF ? Re-naming the Willie Bauld Suite, changing the club crest after 40 years.

I may not like change but i would guarantee HE was the ONLY one who even thought about changing the crest, feckin attention seeker !!!!!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Not surprised to read this shit from a half season ticket holder.

:verysmug:

Deeply offended by that comment PF.

When that crest first appeared on the kit in 1977 it was iconic and everyone loved it, did you?

I wasnt alive yet auld yin :verysmug:

Ray Winstone

I wasnt alive yet auld yin :verysmug:

If you were not at Dens in 86 you can't be a real fan.

Fact.

If you were not at Dens in 86 you can't be a real fan.

Fact.

Whats that got to do with being a real fan. I was at Dens that day and 25 years on I am living in the SW and only get to 2/3 games a season, thus sacrificing a fortnight in the sun. So based on your theory how much of a fan does that make me?

Chris Benoit

Whats that got to do with being a real fan. I was at Dens that day and 25 years on I am living in the SW and only get to 2/3 games a season, thus sacrificing a fortnight in the sun. So based on your theory how much of a fan does that make me?

Take it they don't have sarcasm in the south west?

Take it they don't have sarcasm in the south west?

been their 10 years poss not soz if got wrong end of stick :embarassed:

londonjambo

Just to bring things back to the original point of the thread

Two of the crests of your five are actually the same crest - the traditional crest with HMFC in gothic script. The rather more garishly brightly coloured one is just the same crest tarted up but I'm not sure it was ever officially changed to that crest. It certainly appeared in those garish colours in various publications in the 70's.

A wee bit of information on the two crests used for the masthead of eighteen74 (still available from all good shops and direct from me by the way :whistling: )

The one on the left is taken from about 1910 and is also the crest which appears in the mosaic at the entrance to Tynecastle (as shown on p.16 of Issue 3)

The one on the right - the stylised HMFC - is actually taken from the early 1950's but was still being used up to the 1970's as well - pretty sure there are pics of the Ajax style strips from 1972 which have that logo on the front.

GC

The 1 thing he got right was selling his shares.

Glamorgan Jambo

The one on the right - the stylised HMFC - is actually taken from the early 1950's but was still being used up to the 1970's as well - pretty sure there are pics of the Ajax style strips from 1972 which have that logo on the front.

GC

I have said strip (okay a replica of it) and it has the same badge on the front (as well as Carruthers 10 on the back).

Coney Island Baby
Two of the crests of your five are actually the same crest - the traditional crest with HMFC in gothic script. The rather more garishly brightly coloured one is just the same crest tarted up but I'm not sure it was ever officially changed to that crest. It certainly appeared in those garish colours in various publications in the 70's.
Here it is on the '86 home shirt;

86_home.png

Did they not embroider the badge on replicas back then? Makes it look a lot cheaper by not.

Bert Le Clos

Just out of interest, the Jambos Kickback badge at the top of the webiste?

Is that an official badge or just JKB's take on one of the older ones?

Looks a bit like this one but with different colours

brand.gif

davemclaren

Just to bring things back to the original point of the thread

A wee bit of information on the two crests used for the masthead of eighteen74 (still available from all good shops and direct from me by the way :whistling: )

The one on the left is taken from about 1910 and is also the crest which appears in the mosaic at the entrance to Tynecastle (as shown on p.16 of Issue 3)

GC

The one on the left was still being used in the 60s as well I found out recently. A bit odd I thought. :unsure:

002.jpg

londonjambo

The one on the left was still being used in the 60s as well I found out recently. A bit odd I thought. :unsure:

You're right of course but I do wish you'd stop flaunting your unused Willie Bauld ticket, Dave

You're making me jealous :(

:D

GC

davemclaren

You're right of course but I do wish you'd stop flaunting your unused Willie Bauld ticket, Dave

You're making me jealous :(

:D

GC

I acquired it well over a year ago, mislaid it and then found it again the other night. I though I best use it while I can. :whistling:

That and I was awaiting your reaction. :teehee:

Did you not get time off work to attend Dave?

brand.gif

The badge of JKB is a close up photo of an actual metal badge that I took on one of my imaginative photography evenings. :ermm:

Arguably the best Hearts badge ever.

A close up of the centre of the badge is now my avatar.

brand.gif

badge2.jpg

Talk of the devil

:thumbsup:

Was there not one with a lovely maroon background?

Yeah I seem to remember that, now you mention it. It'll be kicking about somewhere :teehee:

john brownlee

I in my youth spent many a month designing a new badge for the Tollcross Hearts but in the end thanks to the wisdom of andy ried and the coooomitee we kept the originals, but I Often wondered where they are or which bin they were chucked in. BTW in the days before photo shop and everything was on paper and drawn to the exact point

Francis Albert

That struck me as odd too. Was it the badge when Willie made his debut? I thought the "olde englishe tea shoppe" one (to quote CPR) was a fifties innovation.

Anyway the current badge is better than any of the old ones. Take out the dot between the H and M and the underline under HMFC and it would be perfect. And maybe a deeper maroon.

davemclaren

That struck me as odd too. Was it the badge when Willie made his debut? I thought the "olde englishe tea shoppe" one (to quote CPR) was a fifties innovation.

Anyway the current badge is better than any of the old ones. Take out the dot between the H and M and the underline under HMFC and it would be perfect. And maybe a deeper maroon.

Perhaps it was the badge when he joined as the old unreadable one was a fifties thing. I prefer the current one as well.

brand.gif

Have to agree with those that says this is the best. The colours are solid and intimidating around the side. Just like the defence that is strong as the old castle rock.

I love this badge, always wanted one of the small versions of it.

You can get one at the badge/scarf seller next to the wedding shop on a matchday.

Coney Island Baby

I remember someone on kickback mocking-up something similar to this around the time we were in the champs league qualifiers

15nkvas.jpg

You can get one at the badge/scarf seller next to the wedding shop on a matchday.

Will need to have a look again at somepoint, everyone I have before theres never been any there. Maybe going on bad days!

Archived