.... and Romanov speaks

Quint

Napoleon  Wilson

In a frank statement released to the Scottish media, Romanov added: "The dispute between the Scottish Football Association and the referees was only the latest proof of what had been clear for many years.

"And the gentlemen in ties sacrilegiously fine Hearts for bad discipline. I have a human pity for them - killing clubs is a hard job where the champions are known in advance."

Dont hold back there big man :smiliz64:

He's just opened his mouth and let his belly rumble - again. Disappointing really, he's had weeks to think up a well crafted kick to the knackers and it just comes over as an oddball moan. Come on Mr Romanov, you CAN do much better.

There is still the Christmas message to come. Maybe its just a warm up.

Does anyone else picture Vlad sitting in front of a roaring fire, pipe in hand... White Christmas playing in the background as he lets fly at the evil sfa?!?!

He's spot on with everything he says as usual, although I would have liked it to have been a bit more aggressive to be honest.

itsnomarooned
<br /><br />

<br />

Does anyone else picture Vlad sitting in front of a roaring fire, pipe in hand... White Christmas playing in the background as he lets fly at the evil sfa?!?!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Well not until you mentioned it .......... but now the image is stuck there! Oddly it doesn't seem out of place.

Albert Finney

No matter how many times he has made decisions that have, at best, baffled me and, at worst, enraged me I cannot help but enjoy his erudite swipes at the Old Firm and those who submit to them. He may well be as mad as the proverbial box full of amphibians but he is also smarter than a room full of Christopher Hitchens.

I always had the opinion that Vlad was a bit of a loon but when you ignore the Russian vernacular and literal translation of his uttering, there remains a nucleus that we all know is true.

In the words of gorgeous George: 'I salute your indefatigability'.

"And the gentlemen in ties sacrilegiously fine Hearts for bad discipline. I have a human pity for them - killing clubs is a hard job where the champions are known in advance."

:smiliz64:

More please.......

The Old Tolbooth

If you actually think about his statement a bit, he's played a very clever card, and I don't normally back the man with his ramblings.

He defends refs to the hilt (which can only work in our favour), and then sticks the boot once more into the GFA (thus adding more fuel to the fire against them which can only be a good thing), without going OTT with his remarks which could see him land more fines.

I don't think the GFA would have the balls to fine him after letting Celtic away scot free anyway, now that would be extremely brass necked of them <_<

If you actually think about his statement a bit, he's played a very clever card, and I don't normally back the man with his ramblings.

He defends refs to the hilt (which can only work in our favour), and then sticks the boot once more into the GFA (thus adding more fuel to the fire against them which can only be a good thing), without going OTT with his remarks which could see him land more fines.

I don't think the GFA would have the balls to fine him after letting Celtic away scot free anyway, now that would be extremely brass necked of them <_<

Really?

I had expected more but im glad i didnt get it. Its not a statesman-like response but it pushes the right buttons without pissing off anyone who i wouldnt like seeing pissed off.

The entertainment factor is quite low but as a vlad rant it's pretty much perfect. Nice work comrade.

Does anyone else picture Vlad sitting in front of a roaring fire, pipe in hand... White Christmas playing in the background as he lets fly at the evil sfa?!?!

A bit like a mental Val doonican ? :thumbsup:

He's had 2 weeks to get his opinion accross, as soon as we play a match he comes out and speaks. The man's unstable.

The man has always had an issue with "timing" :smiliz65:

Sydney from Sydney

He's just opened his mouth and let his belly rumble - again. Disappointing really, he's had weeks to think up a well crafted kick to the knackers and it just comes over as an oddball moan. Come on Mr Romanov, you CAN do much better.

Have to agree, sounds like Lenin after a few vodkas. Think he could have done better.

It is disappointing to see that "The Puppet Master" is fond of that John Reid.

I think his reasoning is that my enemy's enemy is my friend. Churchill once said that if Hitler invaded hell, he (Churchill), would sup with the devil. Same thing really.

<br /><br />

<br />

Anyone would think it was to get attention. Hmm surely not?<br />

Attention seeking? :biggrin:

Of course... because there's no other sensible reason why he'd have an opinion on the industry in which he owns a couple of businesses or the people with whom he's had several fine inducing skirmishes.

He's had 2 weeks to get his opinion accross, as soon as we play a match he comes out and speaks. The man's unstable.

Do you ever have anything good to say about anything?? :santa:

Attention seeking? :biggrin:

Of course... because there's no other sensible reason why he'd have an opinion on the industry in which he owns a couple of businesses or the people with whom he's had several fine inducing skirmishes.

Having an opinion is fine. No excuse for the timing of these 'opinions'.

Do you ever have anything good to say about anything?? :santa:

You musn't follow my posts mate, optimistic jambo, except romanov and his lithuanian sponsor on our shirt.

I think Vlad is just stirring it a bit to make sure the tattie pickers dont get off with their statements. He cant come out and say his usaul rant because he will also get fined. His statement is mild compared to what has been said by other clubs so to fine him would prove another point. It is strange how other managers can have a pop at refs and nothing is said but as soon as HMFC say anything we are warned within days if not hours of the offence. The longer Celtic go unfined the chance of anything happeningto them dwindles.

I dont think he backs the refs as I think he thinks most are as corrupt or bad as the GFA. It may mean we get the odd decision but I doubt it.

Francis Albert

And how long has it taken the SFA to deal with Celtic? So far, that is.

We could go back to LAST SEASON's blatant attempt to intimidate the officials before an OF game, when there was talk of "throwing the book" at them. Presumably they missed.

It is also up to the paper when they print the story. Who knows when this interview took place , maybe thats why the timing is crap.

Too tame for me.

He should have really tore them to shreds and demanded his money back.

Given Celtic or anyone within Celtic have not been fined they could do SFA.

Francis Albert

Mad maybe but you have to wonder a bit about the translation. As a small example I can't believe the reference to refs "rioting" is correct. I suspect it was someting like rebelling or revolting (accurate enough) which in some contexts mihght mean rioting.

Mad maybe but you have to wonder a bit about the translation. As a small example I can't believe the reference to refs "rioting" is correct. I suspect it was someting like rebelling or revolting (accurate enough) which in some contexts mihght mean rioting.

That annoys me too. It's clearly not being translated by a fluent Russian / Lithuanian speaker but more like Google language tools, often giving it quite a different slant?

Nothing too controversial in the statement, however now wait for the feeding frenzy from the Weegie Press looking to take some of the pressure of Celtic.

You musn't follow my posts mate, optimistic jambo, except romanov and his lithuanian sponsor on our shirt.

so your a racist then?

See the trouble with "people" like you, and this is a downright hibby traight, is that you seem to think that, Vlad for instance is sittin there biding his time and then calls up whatever newspapers he can gather and spout off. Certainly there will be times when this is the case but wait for it cos here's the kicker, some times, yes sometimes the newspapers will contact Vlad for the quote sometimes he will have very little say when the media release his quotes, he could blanketly refuse but where the fun in that, where's the harm in what he said and why are yousullying the great man tam with your shite patter and brain dead opinions?

Magic Numbers

It is disappointing to see that "The Puppet Master" is fond of that John Reid.

Maybe the politician he was on about is ex-Runrig keyboardist Pete Wishart, who was calling for reforms the other week. Just saying likes...

quite an ironic read considering what was he doing in Lithuanian football for a long time and what is he doing in Lithuanian basketball at the moment, but a good PR move non the less :)

quite an ironic read considering what was he doing in Lithuanian football for a long time and what is he doing in Lithuanian basketball at the moment, but a good PR move non the less :)

Totally Rockin Robin.

N That.

thumbsup.gif

Archived