Just a couple of wickets

Julio

needed now for England to win the second test in NZ. At last some half decent cricket from the team. Long overdue. :)

Indeed.

After the debacle of the first Test this is a wee bit more like it.

As an aside, have you seen the price of the tickets for the Scotland v England ODI in August? Asking for a Bullseye is a bit cheeky imho.

Indeed.

After the debacle of the first Test this is a wee bit more like it.

As an aside, have you seen the price of the tickets for the Scotland v England ODI in August? Asking for a Bullseye is a bit cheeky imho.

Was very tempted to head along to the Grange but 48 quid is ripping the proverbial. :(

chester copperpot

For some reason I quite like England doing well at the cricket.

Well there is no Scotland to follow in the tests is there?

I also like Freddie Flintoff as a role model, out boozing, falling out of pedalo's etc etc.

Aye, well done England on beating another 3rd rate test playing nation, Australia must be quaking in their collective boots as the ashes is only 18 months away, still another set of MBE's come the queens birthday for a bunch of talentless wasters.

For some reason I quite like England doing well at the cricket.

Well there is no Scotland to follow in the tests is there?

I also like Freddie Flintoff as a role model, out boozing, falling out of pedalo's etc etc.

Freddies a legend and a role model we should all aspire to. :)

Aye, well done England on beating another 3rd rate test playing nation, Australia must be quaking in their collective boots as the ashes is only 18 months away, still another set of MBE's come the queens birthday for a bunch of talentless wasters.

Who won the last ashes series? :mw_rolleyes:

Australia...

Oh, and JWL, NZ are not third rate.

Doh I forgot about last winter Boris and failing to win a test.........erased it from my memory.........it didn't happen.........;)

Freddies a legend and a role model we should all aspire to. :)

Come on even you can't truly believe that.

If the Hearts team went and made a complete @rse of themselves after our Scottish Cup win on the Sunday would you be happy for our young fans to be looking on at them in admiration and seek guidance from them?

chester copperpot
Doh I forgot about last winter Boris and failing to win a test.........erased it from my memory.........it didn't happen.........;)

No decent cricket fan would have ever forgot the 5-0 drubbing that England got.

You're obviously fishing for a debate aintcha? ;)

No decent cricket fan would have ever forgot the 5-0 drubbing that England got.

You're obviously fishing for a debate aintcha? ;)

How could I forget that Andy........putting it down to early dementia.........;)

Come on even you can't truly believe that.

If the Hearts team went and made a complete @rse of themselves after our Scottish Cup win on the Sunday would you be happy for our young fans to be looking on at them in admiration and seek guidance from them?

The guy likes a few bevvys.........good for him..........;)

chester copperpot
How could I forget that Andy........putting it down to early dementia.........;)

What at age 14 ;)

Only joking.

Anyway, lets get these last 2 wickets.

Australia...

Oh, and JWL, NZ are not third rate.

New Zealand are pretty poor just now, England should be ripping them apart, there are only about three decent test playing nations just now, Australia, India and Sri Lanka, South Africa will come good again but New Zealand are not what they were a few years ago, they have lost too many quality players for a nation that size. Cannot handle England winning at the cricket, they always think it is the dawn of a new golden era, the only reason they won the ashes in 2005 ffs is because the Aussies were so arrogant they only thing they tought they could do was to turn up, but England had a decent if not great bunch of players and probably the most exciting in the world at the time in KP, now look at him, 47 of 130 balls or something in the first test.

Christ, that was a long rant, anyway as for the ODI 48 QUID!!! NO WAY

What at age 14 ;)

Only joking.

Anyway, lets get these last 2 wickets.

:) Aye making heavy weather of it.........typical England.........nothings ever easy/simple............:mw_rolleyes:

chester copperpot
:) Aye making heavy weather of it.........typical England.........nothings ever easy/simple............:mw_rolleyes:

Ahem, you were saying :P

Excellent. Over a hundred run win is good. :)

Papering over the cracks, England are a poor side, a couple of decent individual performances won this test for them, they never performed as a team, and Paul Collingwood gets right on my tits, funny how you never see him and that other boring fart Alan Shearer in the same room.

chester copperpot
Papering over the cracks, England are a poor side, a couple of decent individual performances won this test for them, they never performed as a team, and Paul Collingwood gets right on my tits, funny how you never see him and that other boring fart Alan Shearer in the same room.

Thats because one plays cricket and the other one's a pundit for the BBC on football :confused:

Thats because one plays cricket and the other one's a pundit for the BBC on football :confused:

That'll be the reason then, still a couple of boring tossers, anyway just listening to Michael Vaughan, jesus what a ****, winning is a habit, how the feck would he know.

chester copperpot
That'll be the reason then, still a couple of boring tossers, anyway just listening to Michael Vaughan, jesus what a ****, winning is a habit, how the feck would he know.

Heh heh, did allow myself a wee chuckle when he said that likes.

Dear dear you really don't like the England cricket team..........BTW met MV at the Dunhill at St Andrews and hes a decent bloke..........:mw_rolleyes:

Nelly Terraces

England have set it up nicely for the 3rd test. Top bowling fae Siders and the Burnley Express did the bizzo. Totally right to drop Hoggie and that depressing clown Harmison. Hogs will get his game again, and deserves to, Harmo can fk off back to Durham and sulk, I hate that geezer, getting paid to play cricket in perpetual summer but it's not good enough. Ungrateful get. He should never play for England again.

Looking forward to more late nights for the 3rd one. And yer right, 48blabs for Scotland v England is ripping the pash. Think I'll stick to going down south to watch some proper tests and odi's instead of that. Me and the DFYL crew went to Old Trafford last summer for game v India and it was cheaper than that.

England have set it up nicely for the 3rd test. Top bowling fae Siders and the Burnley Express did the bizzo. Totally right to drop Hoggie and that depressing clown Harmison. Hogs will get his game again, and deserves to, Harmo can fk off back to Durham and sulk, I hate that geezer, getting paid to play cricket in perpetual summer but it's not good enough. Ungrateful get. He should never play for England again.

Looking forward to more late nights for the 3rd one. And yer right, 48blabs for Scotland v England is ripping the pash. Think I'll stick to going down south to watch some proper tests and odi's instead of that. Me and the DFYL crew went to Old Trafford last summer for game v India and it was cheaper than that.

Never knew you liked the sound of leather off willow Nelly.

Good work fella!

An ambition of mine is to take in a Test at Lords, but if they use Chester-le-street again this year I may try for that.

Never knew you liked the sound of leather off willow Nelly.

Good work fella!

An ambition of mine is to take in a Test at Lords, but if they use Chester-le-street again this year I may try for that.

Lords is a wonderful experience.

My first time there was the first day of the 2005 Ashes Test. Something like 21 wickets on the day in brilliant sunshine. Great stuff.

Would you believe that you can watch real tennis while you are at Lords too? Strange game, but interesting to watch for 5 minutes!

Can't stand england winning at anything ! Defo hate them winning in the cricket because they come out with the same **** every time they get a half decent result ! freddy, peterson, vaugan the most over rated players in world cricket FACT ! Nice to see that they are the biggest bottlers in world cricket aswell !

The only 2 teams that i hate more than hibs, are the English Cricket team and the ****ing aussies ! What a bunch of total tossers ! I hate the fact that they refuse to travel to pakistan or india on safety grounds even tho every other nations goes and there has never being a attack on a cricket ground in both of thoses countries. Then when you do go over to OZ they gp out of the way to get into your faces and their media is even worse than then english. Bunch of really bad losers as well !

Test cricket is real at a old time low the now because of countries like west indies, pakistan, sri lanka not being able to produce the goods over 5 days. I would put england into that group as well as they are no better or worst than the teams mention above, Aus, S.A and india are in a wee mini league of themselves to see who comes out on top.

Was very tempted to head along to the Grange but 48 quid is ripping the proverbial. :(

Is that a complete ****take? Tell me thats for some corporate seats? My ticket for the Headingley test versus the Saffas is less than half that FFS!

Im with Andy about supporting them in Cricket. Cant stand them at anything else though. Make a yearly trip to Leeds to see them. There something about sitting in the sun there.

ToadKiller Dog

Cricket is the only sport that i support england in ,except when they play the windes ,i grew up in the era of Greenage,Lloyd,Richards and Marshall,the 5-0 black wash etc.

County club is Surrey visit the oval a few times in summer months.

Dont like the Aussies they get away with too much on the edge of cheating.

Would not say that the Black Caps are third rate ,but they have concentrated on the limited over game in recent years as the sub continent sides have done also(where the money is)Which is a shame as the test match is the real test of abilities.

The english side are too scitzo ,most likely there best squad since the mid 80s but just dont deliver enough.

Walter Payton

Tell you what Nelly, we're going to have to whisper about our shared interest in Cricket in Section N, they'd get more mileage out of that than Larry and Pinny's beach holidays! I've made an effort to get to both the ashes series, will definitely be going down for the next one. Scotland vs England, probably give that one a miss at 50 notes unless I can blag some corporate hospitality like I did for the India game through in Glasgow last year!

Only a failed cricketer with a rabid pro-SNP outlook could post something as bitter as that. :rolleyes:

Well done, England.

Don't really follow Cricket, but did watch a bit of the game as nowt else was in.

needed now for England to win the second test in NZ. At last some half decent cricket from the team. Long overdue. :)

Team lacks mental strength IMHO.

Well done, England.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You ok Togster? :sad:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You ok Togster? :sad:

I've got nothing against England.

I long for the day when both our nation can prosper independently, without being dictated to.:)

Only a failed cricketer with a rabid pro-SNP outlook could post something as bitter as that. :rolleyes:

Failed cricketer!!, ha, it was only the four wickets I took that time you turned up to watch, and I managed to hit the winning runs, as for the other one playing that day, hole in the glove or what.

CornhillHearts
Lords is a wonderful experience.

My first time there was the first day of the 2005 Ashes Test. Something like 21 wickets on the day in brilliant sunshine. Great stuff.

Would you believe that you can watch real tennis while you are at Lords too? Strange game, but interesting to watch for 5 minutes!

Agree with the above! Lords is the real deal, love the cricket not playing as much these days. Been to many a cricketing event with Kenny M and his faither!

Archived