If youth gets given the chance

Goose Baxter

After tonights performance many people have complained about players playing with no heart and no interest. People have also sugested on this that youth should be given the chance as to be honest finishing 3rd is a long long way off so we have nothing really to play for have we?

So lets say Mr Frail or who ever is in control of team affairs decides to play Branny, Copil, Raptnik (sp) or even Templeton.

Say after a few games or so these guys do not perform to how we expect them too. How long will it be before hearts fans start to shot them down on here? Branny doesnt score in 5 games, how long till we start to give him a hard time?

I dont think these guys will be given there chance because if they are as good as some people say they are then they would have at least been on the bench at some point this season.

Youth is not the way to go.

I agree in away, but I think the reason they are not being given a chance is that if they are played and they bomb, Romanov will have nothing left. At least now we have the hope that there are youngsters in place who MAY give the club a better future. If that hope is taken away there really will not be anything left.

I agree in away, but I think the reason they are not being given a chance is that if they are played and they bomb, Romanov will have nothing left. At least now we have the hope that there are youngsters in place who MAY give the club a better future. If that hope is taken away there really will not be anything left.

People want a short term answer i dont think the could wait long term for this to happen. In a way we want answers now no in the future. I think these boys will come good in a few years. Just dont see them as an answer now.

After tonights performance many people have complained about players playing with no heart and no interest. People have also sugested on this that youth should be given the chance as to be honest finishing 3rd is a long long way off so we have nothing really to play for have we?

So lets say Mr Frail or who ever is in control of team affairs decides to play Branny, Copil, Raptnik (sp) or even Templeton.

Say after a few games or so these guys do not perform to how we expect them too. How long will it be before hearts fans start to shot them down on here? Branny doesnt score in 5 games, how long till we start to give him a hard time?

I dont think these guys will be given there chance because if they are as good as some people say they are then they would have at least been on the bench at some point this season.

Youth is not the way to go.

Tell that to Sir Alex or Wenger or Hibs or Motherwell or any other team who have built a side around youth.

To be fair normally you would introduce 2 or 3 young lads into a side to compliment senior pros. Unfortunately we have poor senior pros so the youth team players should be given their chance.

I think that most fans know we're pants and won't get into Europe so lets chuck the kids in and let them sink or swim. If they struggle they can be taken out for a few games and then re-introduced. It can't help but give them confidence to be pitched into the first team to prove their worth. If anything they'll graft like madmen to show they merit the place.

I'd support the youngsters through thick and thin because they are the future of our club.

Naysmith, McLaren, Mackay, Crabbe, Johnson, Ritchie, Berra, Wallace, Gordon etc have all been pitched in when they were youngsters so why not introduce the youth again.

I would love to see the youth players given a chance but as you said I would fear for their confidence if they got played with the current mindset the fans have. After a few mistakes, who knows what the fans reaction would be.

I reckon it would probably be wiser to play some of the fringe players like Kanchelskis or Beniusis and see if they are actually worth keeping and if not, release them in the summer. They can't do much worse than the players that were on the field last night.

bilston angel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its a case of ' a little less conversation' and more action required. I and a number of posters in here have been advocating the gradual introduction of youngsters for a while now.

I saw the point of other posters however in that they might be thrown into the lions den so to speak and given stick by a critical crowd impatient and frustrated especially at home.

We have gone beyond that point now, the season is knacked now and we have nothing to lose, and I think they would be given a fairer chance now by fans who are sick to the teeth by a lot of the deadbeats who are in the first team pool weeek in week out.

It could be a safety in numbers policy, by putting a few of them into the pool with the crux of our better players helping them.

I honestly think the vast majorty of fans would be understanding with the youngsters now, but as we know there will always a few boo boys, but I'm sure the majority would encourage them,

Time for action not words!

I posted this on a another thread, it might be more suitable on this one

Archived