lithuanian successes and failures...

droid

constant theme on this board seems to be:

substandard liths,

no 28,

the dross from kaunas blah bah...

so in your opinion who's been the biggest success/who do you quite like/who's been absolutely terrible?

I'd put Jankauskas in the Lithuanian success for his first season, he was a cut above, but he didn't come from Kaunas which is why. Cesnauskis is ok on occassion but still nothing special, but again he didn't come from Kaunas.

Kaunas successes:

Velicka.

Kaunas dross:

Ivaskevicius, Ksanavicius, Mikoliunas, Klimek (not Lith I know), Barasa, Kurskis, Beniusis.

Now, don't get me wrong, Lithuania do have some good players, but the good ones don't hang about in the A-Lyga.

Velicka -success

Janny- success to a point

Chesney- as above

the rest utter tripe GTTF those who are left.

Seems like SF likes them 5 pesh lith subs or is it SF who likes them?

I'd put Jankauskas in the Lithuanian success for his first season, he was a cut above, but he didn't come from Kaunas which is why. Cesnauskis is ok on occassion but still nothing special, but again he didn't come from Kaunas.

Kaunas successes:

Velicka.

Kaunas dross:

Ivaskevicius, Ksanavicius, Mikoliunas, Klimek (not Lith I know), Barasa, Kurskis, Beniusis.

Now, don't get me wrong, Lithuania do have some good players, but the good ones don't hang about in the A-Lyga.

Spot on with this assessment. Funny no bids for the dross we will be left with. :mad:

Velicka -success

Janny- success to a point

Chesney- as above

the rest utter tripe GTTF those who are left.

Seems like SF likes them 5 pesh lith subs or is it SF who likes them?

What no Battering ram Benny? He's coming onto a game these days i reckon.

What no Battering ram Benny? He's coming onto a game these days i reckon.

He goes under the "utter tripe" category like the rest.

Kaunas successes:

Velicka.

Kaunas dross:

You missed out Zal and Kan. :)

rudi must stay

don't think there's been too many failures tbh except Ivaskevius, Pilibaites, Kizys, Barasa. The successes have been Jankauskas, Aguiar, Cesnauskis, Mikoliunas. i know the last one is controversial he's added to the team tho and we look a bigger threat when he's playing imo

You missed out Zal and Kan. :)

I knew I was forgetting a couple.

I don't rate Zaliukas, from what I've seen of Kancelskis he looks like a fairly solid, no-nonsense defender. But can't really class him as a success as he's only played a handful of games.

don't think there's been too many failures tbh except Ivaskevius, Pilibaites, Kizys, Barasa. The successes have been Jankauskas, Aguiar, Cesnauskis, Mikoliunas. i know the last one is controversial he's added to the team tho and we look a bigger threat when he's playing imo

Hmm,changed his nationality has he,mind you he must have been bored shetless so got a new passport all the way from Lithuania.

rudi must stay
Hmm,changed his nationality has he,mind you he must have been bored shetless so got a new passport all the way from Lithuania.

he's on loan from Kaunas..

rudi must stay
He's not Lithuanian...

Read OP.

i no 'Lithuanian successes or failures'. Kilmek isn't Lithuanian tho and he's been mentioned

i no 'Lithuanian successes or failures'. Kilmek isn't Lithuanian tho and he's been mentioned

Read second post,especialy the (not lith) bit.

rudi must stay
Read second post,especialy the (not lith) bit.

aye doesn't mean he wasn't said tho. He was on loan from guess where.. Kaunas and guess where Aguiar's on loan from?

i'm going to go contraversial here:

i thought that barasa was a better right back than neilson....bring back the birckie!

The three Lthuanians I am glad we have seen in a Hearts top are Cesnauskis, Jankasuskas and Velicka.

I would like to see more of Kancelskis.

The rest have either been average or gash.

Drylaw Hearts

Janny and Velicka are the only ones who have made any real impact.

Janny was pretty good during 2005/2006.

Velicka is not as skillfull as Janny and cannot hold the ball as well but he is a far better goalscorer.

Velicka is the biggest success imo.

The rest of the Lithuanian imports have varied between average and abysmal.

The biggest failure would be Arnas Lekevicius.

portobellojambo1

LITHUANIAN PLAYERS AT TYNECASTLE

SUCCESSES

Edgaras Jankauskas

Andrius Velicka

SQUAD PLAYER LEVEL

Deividas Cesnauskis

AVERAGE TO POOR TO TOTAL P I S S

The rest, past and present.

SUCCESSES

Edgaras Jankauskas

Andrius Velicka

SQUAD PLAYER LEVEL

Deividas Cesnauskis

I agree with this. Miko looked pretty good up until the Davies incident. For some reason he never really cracked on after that.

I agree with this. Miko looked pretty good up until the Davies incident. For some reason he never really cracked on after that.

I also agree with Jankauskas, Velicka, Cesnauskis.

The likes of Kancelskis, Pilbaitis (Easter Road Zaliukas goal game), Ivaskevicius (Rangers at home), Zaliukas, Miko, Ksnavicius have all had moments of good stuff. But not enough.

winston churchill

football opinions will always differ,but for me Cesnauskis is the pick of the bunch.

as for the likes of barasa,28,zal ect. they would be hard pushed to get a game of five's with us on a thursday night.

SUCCESSES

Edgaras Jankauskas

Andrius Velicka

SQUAD PLAYER LEVEL

Deividas Cesnauskis

Would say that is pretty much spot on PJ1, although i think Cesnauskis has the ability to move into the success group.

I think this thread shows we all pretty much agree and it also explains why we can be such a poor side. The squad is full of pish.

football opinions will always differ,but for me Cesnauskis is the pick of the bunch.

I really like Chesny and ability wise he is the best winger we have at the club IMO. However he really needs to start producing more if he is to stay.

Snake Plissken

Our only undoubted success is Velicka

I'll list the rest of the players from impact they've made downards

Jankauskas was fantastic in 2005-06 but terrible the following season.

Cesnauskis blows hot and cold.

Kancelskis has never let us down when he's played.

Mikolinuas and Ivaskevicius both have shown glimpses of ability but more often than not have been poor.

Kyzis looked alright but was obviously not rated by Burley.

Barasa could have been a decent player for us if given a run of games.

Zaliukas had a decent run last year but before and after said run of decent games he's been gash.

Pilibaitis did very little.

Beniusis hasn't really featured but theres not much to suggest he should have been in the team anymore than he has.

The less said about Kurskis the better.

....don't think I've missed anyone.

Malcolm Tucker

Successes...

A. Velicka

E. Jankauskas

D. Cesnauskis

Squad players who can sometimes show themselves as good players...

A. Ksanavicius

S. Mikoliunas (He was good once...)

T. Kancelskis

Total yad...

M. Zaliukas

L. Pilibaitis

K. Ivaskevicius (although he is always good against the OF for some reason)

N. Barasa

E. Kurskis

Kizys I thought was alrite if I'm totally honest, but no more than that.

I also haven't seen enough of Beni, but I think he could score goals for us.

peebles jambo

i thought that barasa was a better right back than neilson....bring back the birckie!

i'll agree with you 100% on that, i rated the guy, apart from janky and velki, i'd say he was one of the better players, never shirked out of or missed a tackle, hard as fecking nails, pity we didn't have more like him IMO

Snake Plissken
Our only undoubted success is Velicka

I'll list the rest of the players from impact they've made downards

Jankauskas was fantastic in 2005-06 but terrible the following season.

Cesnauskis blows hot and cold.

Kancelskis has never let us down when he's played.

Mikolinuas and Ivaskevicius both have shown glimpses of ability but more often than not have been poor.

Kyzis looked alright but was obviously not rated by Burley.

Barasa could have been a decent player for us if given a run of games.

Zaliukas had a decent run last year but before and after said run of decent games he's been gash.

Pilibaitis did very little.

Beniusis hasn't really featured but theres not much to suggest he should have been in the team anymore than he has.

The less said about Kurskis the better.

....don't think I've missed anyone.

and I did ... wee Audrey.

I'd put him in the Cesnuaskis bracket - inconsistent but theres a player there.

Yeh i liked barasa, he was like the full backs from yesteryear,

Get right in there:scared:

Janny, Velicka & Cesny were/are successes

Miko is inconsistent but is better than the squad players he replaced (Joe Hamill, etc)

Zaliukas is a good centre half. He has had a run of poor form recently but his performances last season and at the start of this season show that he can be a good player for us. Remember he is quite young.

Ksanevicious has been a useful guy to have around this season. Clearly he's no world beater but he has given us some decent performances (and some anonymous ones).

Kanchelskis has looked OK in very few appearances

Benny - not going to judge yet. Useless on his debut and hardly any chances since.

Ivaskevicious - some good performances against the OF, poor the rest of the time.

Barasa - I thought he OK and was unjustly criticised. Plagued by injury though.

Pilibaitis, Klimek, Kurskis - useless

Overall then I think that is a decent return, and is about the same level of success/failure for signing Scottish players that we have always had. Whether they are of the quality that Vlad seemed to promise us originally is a very different question though.

Thunderstruck

Another pathetic thread. We get a hard won and deserved 3 points yesterday so the malcontents, lacking the misery of a defeat to wallow in, round, again, on Lithuanians.

Some will wonder why a successful player would want to leave SPL or Hearts to go to Norway. A read through this thread will help them understand.

Another pathetic thread. We get a hard won and deserved 3 points yesterday so the malcontents, lacking the misery of a defeat to wallow in, round, again, on Lithuanians.

Some will wonder why a successful player would want to leave SPL or Hearts to go to Norway. A read through this thread will help them understand.

In the light of the alleged Velicka transfer I think assessing the merits of various imports from Lithuania ( which is a main plank in VR's strategy, if there is such a thing ) is a relevant topic to discuss. I'm very pleased we are now grinding out results but I still think the overall quality of our team is poor.

However. it's all about opinions. :)

The OP was posted long before the Well game even kicked off,so whats your point.

Face facts most off the Kaunas set have been utter dross,but if you cant see that then thats up to you.

Barasa didn't come as a Kaunas player.

Btw in a recent interview he criticised Hearts medics for their unprofessionalism. For example once he was allowed to return to training without being scanned and therefore pulled up with the same injury again. Another blunder was when he was badly injured and had to heal for four months while the estimation from Hearts medical department was three weeks. Also Barasa blasted Hearts for not caring about him when he was injured as well as Kaunas for their treatment in terminating his contract. He has retired from football since due to injuries.

Jankauskas thought about the same but has returned and is now playing in Portugal.

Sad how careers of those two panned out, they could have easily been favourites at the club.

Missing the point once again............:rolleyes: Whats pathetic is the sub standard dross we have had foisted on us.............:mad:

winston churchill

word of the week.

Archived