Stewart

JamboAl

I cannot believe there are people who want him as captain.

Booked twice in friendly games he is hardly a shining example to anyone. In fact I would not have him in the team.

Forget all this passion nonsense, the guy is a negative who runs around like a headless chicken, squaring up when he doesn't need to and arguing with refs when he doesn't need to. More of an embarrassment than a leader.

Tin hat on.

Booked twice in friendly games he is hardly a shining example to anyone. In fact I would not have him in the team.

Forget all this passion nonsense, the guy is a negative who runs around like a headless chicken, squaring up when he doesn't need to and arguing with refs when he doesn't need to. More of an embarrassment than a leader.

Tin hat on.

Totally agree, Mikey is a liability. Not captain material.

Drylaw Hearts

Tin hat on.

Booked in 2 Friendlies !!!

Disgrace.

We should sack him.

I think Mikey ticks all the boxes to be a very good captain bar one - consistency on the pitch. Hopefully giving him the captaincy will help him find this consistency. I don't really see an alternative tbh.

Jambof3tornado

Not much in that to disagree with but who should be captain then?? Given that Csaba seemed to have it narrowed down to 3 and one of them was Larry.

I would give it to Black myself,but that would put Mikeys nose right out of joint so dont think Csaba would do that.

The captain has to be someone who is a shoe in for a place in the team and right now the only candidate would be Lee W and he gets himself into ****:rifle:so thats not a good idea.

I honestly believe he will rise to the challange, giving him some responsibility so he cant act like a dick and keep going unnoticed.

I have to admit the standard of captain has gone down since Elvis but we must make do.

Disgrace.

We should sack him.

Who said anything about sacking him?

Just not the behaviour we should expect of a potential captain.

Hopefully, by the time we go into the season with a complete squad, there will be several captains or more to the point, leaders.

My choice would go to a defender or midfielder - communication is easier.

Jambof3tornado
I honestly believe he will rise to the challange, giving him some responsibility so he cant act like a dick and keep going unnoticed.

I have to admit the standard of captain has gone down since Elvis but we must make do.

And therein is the problem. We were blessed with probably the best captain in scottish football over the last 6 or 7 years.

Now getting someone to take over that role is porving to be very difficult.

Me,I would give it to Lee W:rifle:(but only after taking away all his toy guns so he cant get in the poopy)

Chris Evans

Whats the big deal? Friendlies are arranged to get match practice? No point in being half hearted. Maybe a bit over eager but showing commitment is fine by me. Unless the bookings were for dissent.

Miller Jambo 60

Stewart has grit and the will to win.

Think he was trying to kill someone , the way this thread is going.

Some of you younger KBs want to look at x captains of most teams.

HARD.

Disgrace.

We should sack him.

Quite frankly I would rather have him nowhere near the team. Whether you sack him or what you do with him, I don't care. The guy is a liability and I find it hard to stomach all this "good old Mikey" stuff.

The same thing is developing with with Bouzid. He is becoming revered as a hard man and becoming glorified. The reason players get booked is usually incompetence or stupidity. What's funny about ending up with 10 men - or less and continually getting fined?

I think he needs to wise up and grow up. He's not a kid any more.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Is the captain that important when we have such a strong personality in Csaba calling the shots from the bench ?

It definitely should not be a moaning, angry uninspiring Mickey Stewart.

He wouldn't even get in my team I'm afraid.

Not sure about the circumstances of the bookings but one thing I did notice on the St Pauli video thread was that Mikey was sticking up for big Booze-Heid when all the SP players made a breenge for him. TBF to them, Bouzid cabbaged one of their guys but when they surrounded him Mikey was having none of it -I liked that. Right now i don't see anyone else who fits the bill for captain except maybe Pala who I don't think is vociferous enough. The responsibility of captaincy may just be what Mikey needs to help his hot headedness and moaning - I'm sure Csaba will make the correct decision!

Chris Evans
Quite frankly I would rather have him nowhere near the team. Whether you sack him or what you do with him, I don't care. The guy is a liability and I find it hard to stomach all this "good old Mikey" stuff.

The same thing is developing with with Bouzid. He is becoming revered as a hard man and becoming glorified. The reason players get booked is usually incompetence or stupidity. What's funny about ending up with 10 men - or less and continually getting fined?

Who would be your choice of captain out of our squad?

Stewart has grit and the will to win.

Think he was trying to kill someone , the way this thread is going.

Some of you younger KBs want to look at x captains of most teams.

HARD.

Have a look at the highlights v st pauli in the other thread. Stewart will be the one,when everything is calming down come running in, literally jumping in and pointing in everyone's face. You call that grit and the will to win, I call that daft.

I see where you are coming from, but IMO Stewart is the only choice available to us. However, CLUB captain does not need to play every week.

Miller Jambo 60
Is the captain that important when we have such a strong personality in Csaba calling the shots from the bench ?

It definitely should not be a moaning, angry uninspiring Mickey Stewart.

He wouldn't even get in my team I'm afraid.

Boo mate i like him, was a similar player to him, be it sat and Sun leauge.

Know where he :2thumbsup:is coming from.

Think Stewart wants to be captain in Barry Ferguson mould

if your teams getting beat - get booked :nah:- then say

" Least i'm up for it, look what i done for cause "

don't want that attitude :nah:- get someone else

season not started yet - signings not over - don't pick yet

The sad fact is we don't really have anyone up to being captain. Is it in the rules that we NEED a captain?

Chris Evans
The sad fact is we don't really have anyone up to being captain. Is it in the rules that we NEED a captain?

What? Of course we need a captain. Preferably one who can call heads or tails correctly. Sheesh.

Who would be your choice of captain out of our squad?

I don't know (or have seen) the Polish CD nor do I know who we have yet to sign so I admit I cannot suggest an alternative but if I were put on the spot right now I would give it to Pally. He is an honest performer without all the histrionics. I simply do not want someone diving all over the place and looking important, yet doing the square root of sod all. It does not deceive me.

Agreed , a captain should be passionate but level headed.

Chris Evans
I don't know (or have seen) the Polish CD nor do I know who we have yet to sign so I admit I cannot suggest an alternative but if I were put on the spot right now I would give it to Pally. He is an honest performer without all the histrionics. I simply do not want someone diving all over the place and looking important, yet doing the square root of sod all. It does not deceive me.

Not sure Pally is very vocal but hes a good solid reliable player. Wouldnt complain if he was captain. Cant see it happening though.

Sierra Delta

Well atleast if he's captain he's sort of allowed to argue with the referee.

Not sure about the circumstances of the bookings but one thing I did notice on the St Pauli video thread was that Mikey was sticking up for big Booze-Heid when all the SP players made a breenge for him. TBF to them, Bouzid cabbaged one of their guys but when they surrounded him Mikey was having none of it -I liked that. Right now i don't see anyone else who fits the bill for captain except maybe Pala who I don't think is vociferous enough. The responsibility of captaincy may just be what Mikey needs to help his hot headedness and moaning - I'm sure Csaba will make the correct decision!
Passion for my football teem when you play for them is all I can ask for when it comes to attitude. To have the opportunity to watch a true Hearts man with passion- I like that. Well said. ps I think that one or two on this thread do not have Hearts in there Hearts

Conscistency is a major problem for Stewart

You have to give him credit as he was undoubtedly the best player for the first couple of games in 07/08 and 08/09 but he just cant keep it going all season long

Having had the misfortune to see MS get sent-off at Tannadice a couple of seasons ago and then have a go at our support as he was hauled off, he's lucky to even be in the squad today.

He was an absolute disgrace to our club that day.

I have no respect for him after that escapade.

Sorry.

Passion for my football teem when you play for them is all I can ask for when it comes to attitude. To have the opportunity to watch a true Hearts man with passion- I like that. Well said. ps I think that one or two on this thread do not have Hearts in there Hearts

If you had passion for Scotland and Hearts you wouldn't be living in Canada.

I hope you are not including me in your accusation of lacking Hearts in my Heart. There are many on this board (friends and foes) who will tell you different.

Get back to your ice skating.

Ryan Gosling

And in one sentence, JamboAl went from being a good poster :2thumbsup: to a bad one :57:.

And in one sentence, JamboAl went from being a good poster :2thumbsup: to a bad one :57:.

I'm a wee bit thick. You'll have to explain that one to me.

Drylaw Hearts

Oh dear.

Tin hat on, I'd make Larry captain,

Reason, he's the most high profile, experienced player we have.

If fit and committed, the majority of players in the SPL, OF included, couldn't get near him for ability.

Fit & Committed is the milion dollar question though.

Oh dear.

Are you the spokesman for everyone?

You always complain about Romanov interfering but nobody interferes more than you with your arrogant butting-in amd silly efforts at trying to belittle others.

Either explain or shut up!

You don't say! I think it is pretty obvious you don't want Stewart as Captain or as a regular in the team since it was you who started the thread.

Can I ask what you think of Csaba as our manager?

Drylaw Hearts
Are you the spokesman for everyone?

You always complain about Romanov interfering but nobody interferes more than you with your arrogant butting-in amd silly efforts at trying to belittle others.

Either explain or shut up!

Pot

Kettle

Black

You are belittleing a fellow Hearts fan and questioning his passion for the club because he lives in Canada.

Pot

Kettle

Black

You are belittleing a fellow Hearts fan and questioning his passion for the club because he lives in Canada.

I thought I was defending myself against someone who lives in Canada and who made a side swipe at me.

But what that has to do with you I don't know.

You're like an interfering old woman with time on her hands and looking for something to do with it.

Butt out!

Jambof3tornado

Ladies please,put your handbags away and settle down.:th_o:

Can we not all agree to disagree without having a pop at one another?? We are all jambos after all!!!

I hope you are not including me in your accusation of lacking Hearts in my Heart. There are many on this board (friends and foes) who will tell you different.

Get back to your ice skating.

Can we not all agree to disagree without having a pop at one another?? We are all jambos after all!!!

Quite right, we should get back to the point which is that I think Stewart is unfit to be captain and all these shows of bravado are worthless and unimpressive.

If anyone disgrees with that - fine - but I hope they can register their opinion without being insulting to anyone who simply happens to hold a different view.

Drylaw Hearts
I thought I was defending myself against someone who lives in Canada and who made a side swipe at me.

But what that has to do with you I don't know.

You're like an interfering old woman with time on her hands and looking for something to do with it.

Butt out!

Nope.

Jam Tarts 1874

Stewart is hugely disliked by the other players, he makes glaring errors then blames everybody else for it and he cannot get through a match without being either booked or being on the verge of it throughout. I cannot think of any other team that has such an idiot as their captain, so why should we?

Quite right, we should get back to the point which is that I think Stewart is unfit to be captain and all these shows of bravado are worthless and unimpressive.

If anyone disgrees with that - fine - but I hope they can register their opinion without being insulting to anyone who simply happens to hold a different view.

no one was insulting, other than you.

You said:

That particular view deserves insult. You muppet.

Drylaw Hearts

Even the guy who lives in Canada ?

You said:

That particular view deserves insult. You muppet.

Please dont hold back.:10900:

Stewart is hugely disliked by the other players, he makes glaring errors then blames everybody else for it and he cannot get through a match without being either booked or being on the verge of it throughout. I cannot think of any other team that has such an idiot as their captain, so why should we?

These are broadly my thoughts

Archived