Itunes alternatives

UnworthyPapaLazaru

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Dusted off the old ipod and finally got round to replacing the battery.

I have recommended before Itunes alternatives, but I cant for the life of me remember what they are! Im on a new laptop too and the old one is bust so I cant check.

Anyone have suggestions?

Also - is there any problems in registering an ipod with a new machine?

Walter Payton
Dusted off the old ipod and finally got round to replacing the battery.

I have recommended before Itunes alternatives, but I cant for the life of me remember what they are! Im on a new laptop too and the old one is bust so I cant check.

Anyone have suggestions?

Also - is there any problems in registering an ipod with a new machine?

No problem registering an ipod with a new machine (think you can register the same ITunes account on up to 5 machines) but be careful when connecting the IPod for the first time- if you click the yes button to the message about updating the library you'll lose all your tunes, as the library on the new computer will be blank.

Either copy all your music from your old computer to your new one using an ethernet cable or download a piece of software that allows you to rip music straight from an IPod to an Itunes library. Can't remember the one I use (I'm at work) but they're fairly easy to find on google.

I quite like realplayer.

It's hella easy and you can just drag and drop the tunes you want to and from your device.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Thanks for the suggestions. Gave Mediamonkey a shot but I couldt get it to copy to or from my ipod. Also downloaded Anapod and might give that a try tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions. Gave Mediamonkey a shot but I couldt get it to copy to or from my ipod. Also downloaded Anapod and might give that a try tonight.
What are you struggling with? It took me a while to figure out how to use it, you have to update your library then copy directly between the library subfolders and whatever drive your Ipod is on. I don't actually have an Ipod (Archos media players are the way to go, 100 GBs, beat that ;)) but have used it to put tracks on my sister's Ipod and it's the easiest program I have found so far for file transfers.

What are you struggling with? It took me a while to figure out how to use it, you have to update your library then copy directly between the library subfolders and whatever drive your Ipod is on. I don't actually have an Ipod (Archos media players are the way to go, 100 GBs, beat that ;)) but have used it to put tracks on my sister's Ipod and it's the easiest program I have found so far for file transfers.

100% agree.

LIMEWIRE!!!!

YEAH MOTHERFECKING BITCH!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!

LimeWire ROCKS SOCKS!!!!!

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

Archived