mccurry tonight (merged threads)

Jambo66

Deliberate hand ball by Adam - no yellow card (Adam was booked later)

Hand ball by Ferguson - play on and score

Headbutt by Darcheville - only a yellow

Kicking the ball away by Novo - no booking

It goes on and on and on and on.

Fecking Alloa would win the cup if they only changed their name to Rangers or Celtic :mad:

We_are_the_Hearts

Fecking Alloa would win the cup if they only changed their name to Rangers or Celtic :mad:

Ferguson also left the pitch after his goal. - no booking.

don't forget the clothesline on miko.

How could I possibly remember every ******ing crap decision that cheating b*****d made? I'd have to be the ****ing memory man.

You cannot hope to compete when the dice are stacked against you. It simply isn't possible.

We didn't play well, but neither did they. The difference was McCurry. End of.

Yep, its beyond a joke.

Which Lodge Does McCurry Belong Too?

The same one has Jose ?

All this moaning about the ref is getting embarrassing.

Malinga the Swinga

Don't bother replying then. He was a cheat, plain and simple. If you can't see that, you must be watching something different from everyone else. We were rank, but the first goal was always going to be crucial, and McCurry couldn't have had a better view of Ferguson using his hand to get the ball under control.

jack D and coke
How could I possibly remember every ******ing crap decision that cheating b*****d made? I'd have to be the ****ing memory man.

You cannot hope to compete when the dice are stacked against you. It simply isn't possible.

We didn't play well, but neither did they. The difference was McCurry. End of.

He's normally one of the better ones but tonight he was a disgrace. I was getting really riled tonight not because we were pish (that i'm used to) but him just giving us nothing. Shocking, shocking refereeing all night.

I fail to see what Lodge (if any) that McCurry attends (or doesn't) has to do with the fact he is a **** ref.

Besides are we talking Orange or Masonic?

Its not even the goal Im that bothered about, as ridiculous as it sounds. It was the yellow cards that should have been given to Adam, Darcheville and Whittaker earlier. These things have an effect on the game.

2nd goal was bad bad defending, all stemming from Concalves ball watching and leaving Burke to run behind him. Woeful.

Can I also add that Reverend McCurry is obviously a man of the cloth, son of the manse and all that.

Got to agree - The ref isn't to blame for our inability to control the ball or to pass to anyone in our own team.

He's a poor ref - but made poor decisions for both teams.

markletissier

he was press secretary for Clinton an all amongst other things ;)

still not the point, there was something downright dodgy about his overall handling of the game. blatant fouls not given towards us, the whole handball fiasco, the reluctance to book players when even billy dodds could see it was obviously a bookable offense.

nope, not buying it at all.

Commander Harris
his handling of the game was a farce, shouldn't referee another game in my opinion.

his handling may well have been a farce, he did have a very poor game IMO - but I'm pretty sure he isn't a member of any lodge.

markletissier

oh and we were utter p*sh in the second half i will admit that, but there is no possible way we could say that goal didn't have massive impact. we reverted back to classic heads go down hearts, the brand of hearts i've been much more familiar with as my time as a supporter.

i also don't understand what the point of backing off from rangers is, the idea is attack them, go for the throat, they aren't to be feared.

his handling of the game was a farce, shouldn't referee another game in my opinion.

finding him is easy, just google " cheating tw4t "

markletissier

and reflecting upon the title, it was merely meant as a sly dig due to his bias towards the huns, not actually stating that he is part of some sort of lodge.

Malinga the Swinga
Got to agree - The ref isn't to blame for our inability to control the ball or to pass to anyone in our own team.

He's a poor ref - but made poor decisions for both teams.

What poor decisions did he give for Rangers. Ball hitting Goncalves was no more penalty than Cladwell of Celtics was, and neither was given. So what decisions went against Rangers.

The same one has Jose ?

This is a forum for opinions, and the moanibg about the ref.( and lots of other refs.), is fully justified.

this is my first post on kickback & i know it has been discussed tonight BUT

the referee has been shocking again tonight!!

ok we didnt play well & probably didnt deserve much but surely we deserve an explanation on the referees performance!!

examples:

1. Whittaker clothes lines miko first half definete booking then gets booked second half off he goes!!

2. Adam DELIBERATELY handles ball out off banks hands booking then gets booked for TWO footed challenge on neilson off he goes!!

3. Ferguson DELIBERATELY handles ball & scores all important first goal changes the game completely!!

4. Darcheville aims a headbutt at Neilson & gets booked!! off he goes doesn't score second goal!!

These decisions cost games & it is about time something was done about it i know we keep going on about it but until something is done then we need to keep doing so because it is costing us games & points!!!!!

jamboinheaven

what about the banter between bazza and mcgregor with ref in tunnel before hearts appeared at start of game im sure now i wasnt before that there is a conspiracy

I thought Rangers shaded the game and considering we played as poor as i have seen for a few weeks fair enough.

The ref was shocking for both sides we had good shouts for pens Rangers had a better one turned down. 50/50 hand ball against Jose given the benefit of the doubt then the crab given a free one. Rangers had marginally a better time from the ref (ok more than marginally) and that was one of the factors that cost us the game.

I am loath to criticise hearts players but the full backs did not have their best game although to be fair to Jose Burke had a 'Career day' and not many in the SPL could have coped with him in that form. Robbie ...well he's had worse but not many.

More positive than I was at the end of the year though.

Bring on the Gretna

this is my first post on kickback & i know it has been discussed tonight BUT

the referee has been shocking again tonight!!

ok we didnt play well & probably didnt deserve much but surely we deserve an explanation on the referees performance!!

examples:

1. Whittaker clothes lines miko first half definete booking then gets booked second half off he goes!!

2. Adam DELIBERATELY handles ball out off banks hands booking then gets booked for TWO footed challenge on neilson off he goes!!

3. Ferguson DELIBERATELY handles ball & scores all important first goal changes the game completely!!

4. Darcheville aims a headbutt at Neilson & gets booked!! off he goes doesn't score second goal!!

These decisions cost games & it is about time something was done about it i know we keep going on about it but until something is done then we need to keep doing so because it is costing us games & points!!!!!

Can't argue with that.

We gave up though after the second goal and we KNOW we have to beat the refs as well.

Thunderstruck

Until they scored, there was little to choose between the two teams. It could be argued that the second goal would not have happened had Rangers not been afforded the luxury of a lead.

But, once again, incompetent or dishonest refereeing supplied Hearts' opponents with an advantage and a game turning moment. How often has that happened in recent weeks? Tannadice and Fir Park immediately spring to mind.

McCurry can argue that he gave as many decisions for Hearts as against them and, overall, he would be correct. What that hides is the fact that KEY decisions favoured Rangers.

Can't argue with that.

We gave up though after the second goal and we KNOW we have to beat the refs as well.

Well mon ami as we all know we scarcely do comebacks these days. 30 months since our last come-from-behind-to-win ... and just a handful of scrambled recovery draws along the way.

Second goal was probably academic I feel, fact is we had to either get ahead tonight to win ... or hope to scramble a penalty shoot-out.

Feck.

The rangers players get their bookings when its too late to make any difference to the result.

We get our free kicks in areas where we can't threaten rangers.

Rangers get penalty.

We don't get penalty.

I didn't quite understand Billy Dodds' point when - at the Adam handball incident - he said "he [referee] has done well to not book him" (or words very close to that).

Malinga the Swinga
I'm sure you'd be taking exactly the same educated view if it had happened in the Rangers penalty area.

You honestly think we would have got a penalty against Rangers in a semi final, after all the decisions in the last few weeks that have gone against us. There was no chance of that happening. Ref helped Rangers with key decisions, and nothing will change that.

McCurry can argue that he gave as many decisions for Hearts as against them and, overall, he would be correct. What that hides is the fact that KEY decisions favoured Rangers.

Without doubt but on that one. we will be bound to get some decisons soon but in some rubbish end of season no game v St Mirren or something. (But to be fair I dont like the saints that much so it would be sweet! ) It will just be enough for the SFA to say that these things happen.

Malinga the Swinga
The rangers players get their bookings when its too late to make any difference to the result.

We get our free kicks in areas where we can't threaten rangers.

Rangers get penalty.

We don't get penalty.

I didn't quite understand Billy Dodds' point when - at the Adam handball incident - he said "he [referee] has done well to not book him" (or words very close to that).

Because he doesn't think any Rangers player should be booked. If hearts player had done it, think Dodds reaction would have been different.

Ah yes but Adam would have had to be sent off after his Two footed lunge on Robbie. Hold on isnt that a red anyway of course not Mr McCurry its just enthusiasm going for the ball on a bumpy pitch

Until they scored, there was little to choose between the two teams. It could be argued that the second goal would not have happened had Rangers not been afforded the luxury of a lead.

But, once again, incompetent or dishonest refereeing supplied Hearts' opponents with an advantage and a game turning moment. How often has that happened in recent weeks? Tannadice and Fir Park immediately spring to mind.

BINGO!

Malinga the Swinga

What was the worst decision of the night

1) Allowing goal to stand

2) Not sending off Darcheville for headbut

3) No foul for clothes line on Miko by Whittaker

4) No booking for Adam for Banks incident

5) Playing Neilson and Goncalves

McCurry clearly biased towards Rangers here, fair enough hell say he gave the two teams the same amount of players and over all he would be correct but come on! Surely there is a players registration missing somewhere there, McCurry should have spotted that but I think he's let it slide this time hence favouring Rangers :laugh:

In all seriousness. McCurry is only doing the job he's paid to do, some clubs must just pay more.

McCurry cheated.

How poor out players are has nothing to do with it.

Ignoring tackles on Miko, telling Nade to get up after a blatent freekick/penalty, allowing Barry to handle it prior to scoring. Not booking Rangers players for clearly bookable offences* and not sending of Darcheville for a headbutt on Robbie Neilson.

On a bad day, you'd expect a referee to get maybe one or two of these decisions wrong, the amount McCurry did suggests more than incompetance.

* He did start to book Rangers players once the game was all but over.

i don't think he meant purely refereeing decisions mate.

I know, trying to play on the fact that those two are clearly no footballers so shouldn't have been playing ala Brechin!! Ref has to check player registrations or something ;). Nevermind, didn't quite work out the way I had planned:sad:

The Old Tolbooth

Even the 2 penalties they should have had?

Darchville was brought down near the end of the first half and the ref didnt give it, and bombscare, erm I mean Jose handled the ball right before Ferguson scored which to me should have been a penalty also. The ref got a lot of key decisions wrong, not just for us.

I'm normally the first to jump down refs throats for cheating however I honestly feel that it was our own fault we got hee haw from that tonight, we were murder!!!

What was the worst decision of the night

1) Allowing goal to stand

2) Not sending off Darcheville for headbut

3) No foul for clothes line on Miko by Whittaker

4) No booking for Adam for Banks incident

I'd say...

6) Not giving a penalty for Goncalves' hand ball.

Darchville was brought down near the end of the first half and the ref didnt give it, and bombscare, erm I mean Jose handled the ball right before Ferguson scored which to me should have been a penalty also. The ref got a lot of key decisions wrong, not just for us.

I'm normally the first to jump down refs throats for cheating however I honestly feel that it was our own fault we got hee haw from that tonight, we were murder!!!

The demands on refs in the Scottish game has fallen so much in recent years...

We should be able to expect the refs to call it as they see it and go with instinct and experience.

This has fallen all the way right down to the lowest level of expectation that we could possibly have from our match officials. This is the great pundit phrase of;

"As long as they call the big decisions right...!"

Well even this low minimum standard is not being met.

There are so many "if only" points from tonight and, to be honest, much of this season.

Would we have got to the final tonight if Ferguson had not controlled the ball with his hand? Well to be honest in my heart of hearts I think not. However, to win games of football you need a bit of luck. To win against the Old Firm in Glasgow you need a lot of luck.

Tonight we got none, some will say you make your own luck and that is probably true. However, the fact that the break through finally came from a foul that a primary school league ref could see just makes me angry tonight.

Not much more to say tonight...

Thunderstruck

The Nade and Darcheville tackles could both have been in the soft category. Goncalves' handball could have been given but we have seen as many ignored as given. The Bazza handball was as blatant a downward movement as you will see and it supplied sufficient additional momentum to allow ball to come high enough to be hit in the up.

Aside from that, the decision to ignore cautionable offences allowed players such as Whittaker more leeway than they might otherwise have enjoyed.

The Old Tolbooth

Lets ignore the blatant handball by Jose in the lead up to the opener, and the penalty they should have had in the first half too.

The ref got most key decisions wrong, but it was for both teams and the reason we lost is because we were total pish!!

Miller Jambo 60
He's normally one of the better ones but tonight he was a disgrace. I was getting really riled tonight not because we were pish (that i'm used to) but him just giving us nothing. Shocking, shocking refereeing all night.

CHEATING SHAT we are used to it now GFA BIAST To s sers:mad:

Hate Glasgow

Miller Jambo 60
Lets ignore the blatant handball by Jose in the lead up to the opener, and the penalty they should have had in the first half too.

The ref got most key decisions wrong, but it was for both teams and the reason we lost is because we were total pish!!

see you do one we were cheated big time buy your daily record the morn you coco.:mad:

Ah yes but Adam would have had to be sent off after his Two footed lunge on Robbie. Hold on isnt that a red anyway of course not Mr McCurry its just enthusiasm going for the ball on a bumpy pitch

Can't understand that one, Adam gets booked for a two footed lunge at Robbie, but Rangers still get the free kick???

The 1st goal was always going to decide who was going to win the game and Hearts were right in at that time till Mcurry fecked it up yet again,im sick watching these desisions go against us week in week out.someone has to do something about Miko being victimised every game he plays

Without doubt but on that one. we will be bound to get some decisons soon but in some rubbish end of season no game v St Mirren or something. (But to be fair I dont like the saints that much so it would be sweet! ) It will just be enough for the SFA to say that these things happen.

Spot on!!!

I honestly feel sorry for the few on JKB who still think that the referees are inconsequential!!!

Okay, if we had scored with two sitters it would have been 2-2 - but even then, if the ref had been doing the job he's supposed to be doing according to the rules, as opposed to according to Mr Murray's Symphony in B Minor for the Flute by the Glasgow Football Association Ensemble, then we would have had a chance!!!

Fact is, from the moment Mr McCurry laughed and joked with Squarepass Spongepants before the game, it was all stitched up!!!

Archived