Berra

Guest u01dg3

Given that some people have been taking him to shreds lately, I thought he was our best player today. Constantly distributing the ball well and stayed calm and composed during the late pressure. His partnership with karypidis seems to be working a treat, and even neilson had a goodish game. If we bring in a good left back, I think our defence will be strong. Also, with kingston coming back from the african nations soon, I believe we have a strong team. Basically, apart from a full back we dont need anymore players.

Given that some people have been taking him to shreds lately, I thought he was our best player today. Constantly distributing the ball well and stayed calm and composed during the late pressure. His partnership with karypidis seems to be working a treat, and even neilson had a goodish game. If we bring in a good left back, I think our defence will be strong. Also, with kingston coming back from the african nations soon, I believe we have a strong team. Basically, apart from a full back we dont need anymore players.

I think the problem is that he has to cope with hearts politics , the media , dodgy team selection etc in his role as captain . IMO he should not be captain and be left to focus on his football after all he is still learning his trade.

I think the problem is that he has to cope with hearts politics , the media , dodgy team selection etc in his role as captain . IMO he should not be captain and be left to focus on his football after all he is still learning his trade.

Agree totally with this, although I can't say theres a stand out candidate for captain in my eyes

The less nonsense Berra has to deal with off the pitch the better he'll get on the pitch.

I've been very impressed by Berra for the last 18 months and as long as SF (or anyONE) is allowed to continue in full control then the better Berra will get.

We need a right back too, Neilson may have been ok today, but generally he is very poor and not good enough.

We need two fullbacks as a priority, along with a striker.

There are better signs about the team with a more solid base when we play Banks, Neilson, Tall/Karipidis, Berra, Goncalves. With a bit of coaching we could get a lot more out of Jose as he lacks positional sense.

Berra has had a lot of criticism from fans on this site. But I think he's in our top 5 players so far this season.

I agree that Berra was outstanding yesterday and unlike some people on here I do rate the guy. I still think we desperately need to sign an attacking midfielder and a left back as Jose is not the answer - I also think we need another striker.

I actually thought in dark December / early Jan that Berra was one of our better performers, and almost all of our (few) goals recently have come either from him (as scorer, or from his ball winning at corners /set pieces). Playing a captain's part.

Some members will be spewing into their cornflakes this morning after another decent performance from Berra. :)

Not me !! I am delighted when a Hearts player does well.

Even when that player is Neilson. :eek:

PS. Bring back Larry, I think our current team with him in the middle could be very good !!!

I must admit that i was 1 of those people that doubted his credentials as a captain.

But recently he seems to be warming to tha task.

Good on you son :clap:

Berra (and the rest of the defence) needs an experienced centre half beside him (them).

The captaincy is not helping either.

Some members will be spewing into their cornflakes this morning after another decent performance from Berra. :)

I don't rate Berra as highly as some (that does not mean i do not rate him), and as i was not at the game yesterday i can't comment but i always hope and want that he and all others who are picked to play have stormers(Neilson included).

:Hearts Man spotrun:

loveofthegame

Christophe Berra will develop into a top defender, i have no doubts about that.

As i have said a number of time on here before, he has been hampered by playing alongside a very poor defence for most of the season and by internal pressures of being captain of our club during these difficult times- a pressure that even the much much more experienced Steven Pressley couldn't handle

I can't remember him going for a header and not winning it yesterday. Even when he was getting fouled by Miller, he was still winning the ball.

Snake Plissken

He's a good defender who could have used a Pressley type next to him in his first couple of seasons alas he's had to go it alone but I feel he's always been worthy of his starting place. Karipidis seems a good partner for him just now so long may that continue.

Never ever doubted Berra.Never understood how some do not rate him.Okay he may have got the captaincy too early but no matter who got it was on a hiding to nothing after Elvis.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Karipidis and Berra have been excellent lately.

Has there been any news on how Talls injury is progressing ?

Would be good to have him back soon.

Usually a good attacking threat and pitches in with a few goals as well.

Also no coincidence we've been doing a lot better lately without Elliot, Zaliukas and Ksanavicius starting.

Archived