Lewis Stevenson & Paul Hanlon leaving Hibs - A thank you thread.

queensferryjambo

Mikey1874

Overall across the two, albeit winning Cups, can only think of one really good moment, Hanlons goal at Tynecastle in 2016.

One moment.  

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• queensferryjambo

• Sooks

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

Carter
13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Mental how long they have been there for. Embarrassing really. 

It is an embarrassment and representative of a club devoid of any idea in how to improve. 

Watt-Zeefuik
16 hours ago, Ked said:

Respect to both.

Stevenson in particular.

Isn't the usual rat face that wears their shit.

Decent pro.

And Hanlon the same.

They won a cup for them .

Aye respect from me.

Don't think it harms my Hearts credentials to say so

Yeah, I'm enjoying this thread but for a club that has had some utter wanks in it over the years, I never despised them like I did so many others.

It only harms your Hearts credentials among the very insecure, and who gives a **** about them anyway.

Sooks
3 hours ago, Generic Username said:

They can't be that good a friend of his if they think he's a Celtic fan 😅 

Spoke to him at a wedding , he worked beside my missus . One of them was best man for the other . No idea if he is or not because I dont know him personally . He was adamant that he is a Celtic supporter though 

Generic Username
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Spoke to him at a wedding , he worked beside my missus . One of them was best man for the other . No idea if he is or not because I dont know him personally . He was adamant that he is a Celtic supporter though 

I can assure you having known his family since the day he was born he's not a Celtic fan. It would make a lot of his childhood trips to Ibrox pretty questionable 😅

Sooks
5 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

I can assure you having known his family since the day he was born he's not a Celtic fan. It would make a lot of his childhood trips to Ibrox pretty questionable 😅

Cheers , just what this dude told me 

5 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Yeah, I'm enjoying this thread but for a club that has had some utter wanks in it over the years, I never despised them like I did so many others.

It only harms your Hearts credentials among the very insecure, and who gives a **** about them anyway.

Nice one mate

Sooks
10 minutes ago, Ked said:

Nice one mate

You should start a hands across the city thread mate . We could all name the Vermin player or fan we like the most 

Respect the rivalry 

Watt-Zeefuik
29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You should start a hands across the city thread mate . We could all name the Vermin player or fan we like the most 

Respect the rivalry 

You can respect the rivalry and say at least those two never behaved like Riordan or Stokes or Griffiths or Brown or Newell or McKirdy or . . . . well you get the idea.

Sooks
7 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

You can respect the rivalry and say at least those two never behaved like Riordan or Stokes or Griffiths or Brown or Newell or McKirdy or . . . . well you get the idea.

Stevenson was a snide wee . Hanlon was always so shit he barely registered on my radar at a match 

Generic Username

It was, and still is, a very surreal experience to see someone you grew up with becoming a professional footballer and then doing something like being part of a Hibs team to win the Scottish cup. A strange mixture of pride at what he accomplished and being utterly seething that they won the cup. 

But the fact remains, he is a Hibs rat 😂

WheatfieldWarrior
On 07/05/2024 at 20:46, Bull's-eye said:

Devastated tbh.

Doubt they'll be able to replace them with worse which is very sad.

I'll settle for equally as Shit though, which for the Vermin is definitely doable.

Rocky Bushiri: Scottish FA charge Hibs defender after playing despite ...

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Stevenson was a snide wee . 

Agreed Stevenson always threw in a sneaky tackle to hurt a player in a derby game. 

Last minute of a 2-1 win for Hearts at Tynecastle he tried to injure Jamie Walker and got a retrospective red for it from TV evidence. Absolutely no need for it and it was just pure frustration as he was on the losing side yet again in Gorgie. Pretty sure Walker got a red as well for retaliating. 

RobNox
On 07/05/2024 at 22:00, queensferryjambo said:

To be fair to them both they didn't just help us win the 2012 Scottish Cup final, they played their part in the the semi final victories of 2020 & 2022.

So of our 5 out of 5 victories over Hibs at Hampden, they were part of 3 of them.  Legends indeed!

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

So of our 5 out of 5 victories over Hibs at Hampden, they were part of 3 of them.  Legends indeed!

I am SO tempted to purchase a tile dedicated to them on one of the vomitories in the main stand.

If I was feeling flush then I'd simply have to get another one for agent Zibbi; he who is a Jambo ... Na na na na, Na na na na.

Rocky? Let's wait & see, but he is, without doubt, a contender ... £10M worth of joy to us Jambos.

❤️❤️G❤️

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd like to thank them for reminding us of the shite that hung around them for years during 17 and 22 in a row. For Hanlon, see Gordon Hunter. For Stevenson, see Joe Tortolano.

queensferryjambo
11 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think we have only played Hibs at Hampden 4 times obviously smashing them all 4 times.

The only game they weren't involved in was the 2006 4-0 spanking.

Wee Mikey
33 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I think we have only played Hibs at Hampden 4 times obviously smashing them all 4 times.

Just as well for them otherwise it might've been 6-0.

Sooks
39 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

The season before they broke through :lol: 

buzzbomb1958
22 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Rocky Bushiri: Scottish FA charge Hibs defender after playing despite ...

50k player will now be replaced by a £ 10 million player now that’s progress 😜😜😜

buzzbomb1958
On 07/05/2024 at 21:17, Sooks said:

They have a Scotland cap each …………

:rofl:

Feck me I’d forgot about that , that for Scotland is a shitshow my god😟😟

buzzbomb1958
On 07/05/2024 at 22:21, Life Aquatic said:

There's talk of Hanlon heading off to play in Australia. Probably gain five stone and come back here as the next Ange Postecoglu... 

Says alot about Hibs though that they haven't offered him a coaching role or something at the club. 

Foley the Toley will have blocked that, his under 23 coaches have first dibs

buzzbomb1958
On 08/05/2024 at 11:35, boag1874 said:

Fair play, both stayed loyal through relegation, failures to get promoted, cup final humiliations, Butcher, Maloney, Mixu, Fenlon, Calderwood, Yogi, Johnstone, Hecky, Monty, a shit ton of derby hammerings which they contributed to, the list goes on. There was even a wee run around 2015-2018 where Hanlon looked like a competent CH & Stevenson looked like an actual footballer.

Joking aside I don't have any ill will towards them, both seem like decent pro's and will go down as legends for winning the cup....

But **** me they haven't half gave us some good memories haven't they?

Yep hate all the backslapping they were a pair of hibby clowns who were absolute diarrhea

hereford_hearts

We obviously hold them in higher esteem than the hobos, as our tribute thread has more responses than the one on .net🤣

Shaggy2
On 09/05/2024 at 01:33, queensferryjambo said:

Agreed Stevenson always threw in a sneaky tackle to hurt a player in a derby game. 

Last minute of a 2-1 win for Hearts at Tynecastle he tried to injure Jamie Walker and got a retrospective red for it from TV evidence. Absolutely no need for it and it was just pure frustration as he was on the losing side yet again in Gorgie. Pretty sure Walker got a red as well for retaliating. 

Was going to mention this as a very Hibs moment.

Stevenson as you say, received a retrospective red along with Walker only because Hibs tried to grass on Walker and reported him to the compliance officer for going head to head iirc. 
The compliance officer looked at the incident and decided Stevenson’s part in it also merited a red. Only Hibs could earn their own player a red card by reporting an opponent! 

3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Was going to mention this as a very Hibs moment.

Stevenson as you say, received a retrospective red along with Walker only because Hibs tried to grass on Walker and reported him to the compliance officer for going head to head iirc. 
The compliance officer looked at the incident and decided Stevenson’s part in it also merited a red. Only Hibs could earn their own player a red card by reporting an opponent! 

Hibs'd it.

JamboAl

This thread is on a par with them having a relegation party for us.

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Yeah because having a laugh at a couple of dull Hibs players who are lauded as legends is exactly the same as saying you are going to relegate a team then getting relegated yourself.

It's just a bit of fun, lighten up :)  

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How so ? They Hibsed the relegation party . What exactly is going to go wrong for us because of this thread slagging them 

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

How so ? They Hibsed the relegation party . What exactly is going to go wrong for us because of this thread slagging them 

I think the big worry now is that Hibs will change their minds and both the Legends will get a contract extensions and go on to win the treble.

I won't sleep at night now :) 

JamboAl
6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Yeah because having a laugh at a couple of dull Hibs players who are lauded as legends is exactly the same as saying you are going to relegate a team then getting relegated yourself.

It's just a bit of fun, lighten up :)  

I know it's a bit of fun.

I thought it was funny them having a party which backfired which this is unlikely to do.

Mikey1874
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Hanlon and Stevenson sign for Aberdeen and stop us winning 3rd and guaranteed Euro groups again next season?

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I know it's a bit of fun.

I thought it was funny them having a party which backfired which this is unlikely to do.

I ****ing hope this doesn't backfire, I started this thread. 

:gok: 

queensferryjambo
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hanlon and Stevenson sign for Aberdeen 

:yas::pleasingao::clumshot:

gordon simpson
3 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Believe Hanlon is signing for Falkirk next season

was told the same by a Falkirk board member last night  

skinnybob72
51 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Belive Hanlon is signing for Falkirk next season

Falkirk unbeaten in the league all season…., here comes Hanlol…😂. You know what’s happening first game next season. 

mscjambo

Two serial losers...

Classified as legends 😆 🤣 

leginten

One of the inmates at .net has started a thread urging Hibs fans to make it as close as possible to a full house on Wednesday to say farewell to their “legends”.

They’ll be lucky if there are enough people there to fill one stand.

Victorian
1 minute ago, leginten said:

One of the inmates at .net has started a thread urging Hibs fans to make it as close as possible to a full house on Wednesday to say farewell to their “legends”.

They’ll be lucky if there are enough people there to fill one stand.

Might not be enough there to make the booing audible.

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

image.png.cd7346fa5873db525ffd7e317ad16352.png

Up there with Sauzee’s ‘Decanter Moment’.

:verysmug:

Boris5115
2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Up there with Sauzee’s ‘Decanter Moment’.

:verysmug:

And Tango Man O'connors losers Scottish Cup Medal. 

Rudy T

At least one good thing for them is they’ll be able to shake the hands of all the supporters that turn out to see their last game. Should be a good 25 of them left by full time 😂

Cameronstheman

Hibs at home to high flying Well team what could go wrong 

WorldChampions1902
12 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

And Tango Man O'connors losers Scottish Cup Medal. 

How could I forget that?

colinmorewasgash

Having saw that obita yesterday muck up for the 2nd goal who they gave a new deal too recently, id keep lewis haha.

Nice to know that we have broken any so called player of a Hibs persuasion. Over the years they have had  so many disappointments not only against us but the hibsing’s they have caused themselves it’s delicious. Long may they suffer.