Liam Rosenior (NHR)

ScottieMac17

ScottieMac17

Liam Rosenior sacked by Hull after just missing the championship play offs. He was nominated for manager of the year and took over when they were 21st in the league. Only signed a new 3 year deal on December. Saved them from relegation last year and finished 7th this season

Another example of managerial/owner craziness across the border.

Cameronstheman
7 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Liam Rosenior sacked by Hull after just missing the championship play offs. He was nominated for manager of the year and took over when they were 21st in the league. Only signed a new 3 year deal on December. Saved them from relegation last year and finished 7th this season

Another example of managerial/owner craziness across the border.

I reckon its greedy owners thinking of the Play Off cash  and then the big prize and  windfall of the  EPL

If clubs like Burnley Bournemouth and Luton can do it so can wee Brutal on Managers and Staff

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

I reckon its greedy owners thinking of the Play Off cash  and then the big prize and  windfall of the  EPL

If clubs like Burnley Bournemouth and Luton can do it so can wee Brutal on Managers and Staff

I think its always thinking there is a better or higher profile manager who they can get. Problem is that if that manager doesn't get results you can look foolish and unpopular with fans.

See Birmingham city who sacked a manager who had been decent with them sitting just outside the play-offs, was very popular with the fans because they wanted a bigger name in charge, they got Wayne Rooney in and the team tanked and have now been relegated.

But I do agree with you, owners in the Championship can often be desperate for that money in the Premier league (racking up massive debts in the hope that one season in the premier league will make them wealthy) that they throw everything at it. The problem is that its usually either the recently relegated Premier league clubs or the well run clubs with a clear plan who often go up.

RobNox
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think its always thinking there is a better or higher profile manager who they can get. Problem is that if that manager doesn't get results you can look foolish and unpopular with fans.

See Birmingham city who sacked a manager who had been decent with them sitting just outside the play-offs, was very popular with the fans because they wanted a bigger name in charge, they got Wayne Rooney in and the team tanked and have now been relegated.

But I do agree with you, owners in the Championship can often be desperate for that money in the Premier league (racking up massive debts in the hope that one season in the premier league will make them wealthy) that they throw everything at it. The problem is that its usually either the recently relegated Premier league clubs or the well run clubs with a clear plan who often go up.

And the guy they sacked kept Plymouth up.  

Mikey1874

20 to 30 clubs in England think they can be in the Premier League. 

Birmingham for example just relegated to League One say 5 years. 

RustyRightPeg

Seems harsh but when you look at the squad he had at his disposal he should’ve been up the top. 

John Findlay

Watford must be due to sack their manager very soon.

PTBCAL

No wins in the last 6. Huge investment in the squad. I’m not shocked tbh 

He seems a good and popular coach 

Sir PH

Two home wins since Christmas is P45 territory, these days.

WorldChampions1902

I see the deluded ones over on Sisterfister are putting his name into the ring for their Monty replacement. More likely to get Leonard Rossiter, and he’s long deid.

Pasquale for King
Posted (edited)

Ridiculous really, he deserves another chance and he will no doubt get one soon. 
Quite possibly another club living outwith their means striving for the promised land .  .   .  . of Sky cash.

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Morgan
2 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Who are Burnley Bournemouth?  🤷🏿‍♂️

RobNox
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

No wins in the last 6. Huge investment in the squad. I’m not shocked tbh 

He seems a good and popular coach 

They won 2 of their last 6 games.  9 points from those 6 games, none of the 6 teams that finished above them picked up more than that.  Considering where they were when he took over last season, I'd have thought getting them to within a place of the play-offs might have bought him another season.  He certainly had Hull moving in the right direction.

Might be a case of be careful what you wish for from impatient owners.  Look at Birmingham, sitting in the play-off spots but decide to sack their manager to bring in a "big name" replacement.  Rooney then stank the place out and was sacked as they plummeted towards relegation.  They'll now be plying their trade in League 1 next season while the manager they sacked kept Plymouth in the Championship.

Samuel Camazzola

He'll have many suitors after him and will get a decent job no problem. He's highly regarded and has it to go very far in the game. 

Bongo 1874

If Naismith ever moves on,he should be considered.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

And the guy they sacked kept Plymouth up.  

I believe Birmingham were 6th and John Eustace was the Manager. New owners come in and wanted a big name in so they brought in Wayne Rooney. He got punted and Tony Mowbry then came in but due to  ill health went on a sabbatical some weeks ago . Outcome .......... Birmingham relegated. Eustace went to Blackburn and kept them due a last day away win at Leicester.

Sacking of Rosenior seems an equally bizarre decision and I would expect he'll pick up a decent club next at Championship level. Always came across very well and Hull played attractive football. Apparently the owners target was to finish in the top 10 at the start of the season and finished 7th. Outcome.... Rosenior sacked despite getting the 3rd place award for Manager of the Season.

RobNox
22 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

I believe Birmingham were 6th and John Eustace was the Manager. New owners come in and wanted a big name in so they brought in Wayne Rooney. He got punted and Tony Mowbry then came in but due to  ill health went on a sabbatical some weeks ago . Outcome .......... Birmingham relegated. Eustace went to Blackburn and kept them due a last day away win at Leicester.

Sacking of Rosenior seems an equally bizarre decision and I would expect he'll pick up a decent club next at Championship level. Always came across very well and Hull played attractive football. Apparently the owners target was to finish in the top 10 at the start of the season and finished 7th. Outcome.... Rosenior sacked despite getting the 3rd place award for Manager of the Season.

You're right, it  was Blackburn that Eustace kept up, not Plymouth.  

I wasn't aware that Hull's owners had targeted a top 10 finish, that makes the sacking all the more bizarre given he achieved 7th.  I agree, he'll easily pick up another Championship job.  I've seen him in interviews and also previously doing punditry and he speaks very well, an intelligent and articulate guy.  I have a feeling it might end up being a case of Hull's loss being another club's gain.  

jamboinglasgow

To be fair to Rosenior, he will never have as disastrous appointment at a club as his father, Leroy, did at Torquay. Leroy Rosenior was appointed as Torquay's new manager in 2007. However 10 minutes after the club announced his appointment, the club was bought up and the new person instantly sacked him for who he wanted to appoint instead. I think its still the quickest managerial term in British football.

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

They won 2 of their last 6 games.  9 points from those 6 games, none of the 6 teams that finished above them picked up more than that.  Considering where they were when he took over last season, I'd have thought getting them to within a place of the play-offs might have bought him another season.  He certainly had Hull moving in the right direction.

Might be a case of be careful what you wish for from impatient owners.  Look at Birmingham, sitting in the play-off spots but decide to sack their manager to bring in a "big name" replacement.  Rooney then stank the place out and was sacked as they plummeted towards relegation.  They'll now be plying their trade in League 1 next season while the manager they sacked kept Plymouth in the Championship.

Rooney made the mistake of going from the Championship formula of 'bomb it forward, lump it in the box and play for second balls' to trying to play out from the back. It was a complete car crash because the players ability was hopeless and they coudn't deliver it. This was a team that had only just missed relegation the previous season for the verry reason they're not very good.

I like Rosenior , decent guy who comes over well. 

If carlsberg did rivals...
5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair to Rosenior, he will never have as disastrous appointment at a club as his father, Leroy, did at Torquay. Leroy Rosenior was appointed as Torquay's new manager in 2007. However 10 minutes after the club announced his appointment, the club was bought up and the new person instantly sacked him for who he wanted to appoint instead. I think its still the quickest managerial term in British football.

Yet, still not as quick as Rocky's return to Norwich 😂