Potholes

jamborich

jamborich

Excuse my ignorance does anybody know how to prove your car has been damaged by a pothole supposedly taking a photo would be obvious but is there anything else

Threedoorsdown
5 hours ago, jamborich said:

Excuse my ignorance does anybody know how to prove your car has been damaged by a pothole supposedly taking a photo would be obvious but is there anything else

Good luck. I can’t be arsed anymore I just change the tyres

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, jamborich said:

What’s been damaged, Tyre/suspension/shock absorber? I think something in a report from a garage would help.  I’m not sure if they would specifically use the word “pothole” though but maybe generalise the damage as something caused by abnormal surface …. Im guessing here though 🤷‍♂️

I've just been awarded a total of £3,688 for 3 new tyres, wheel alignment, 4 wheels reconditioned and a whole new bumper including clips and spray painted. Matt silver so a little more expensive (Merc a35 amg).

That's from Northumberland County Council. I did a full 2 page report explaining everything with about 20 photos of the potholes, or rather a crater, along with a few videos. I also took screen prints of the 20 or so other complaints from 3 to 4 weeks before I hit the pothole. 

Explained that as there was reports from 3 to 4 weeks prior to me they were 100% liable and had ample time to make repairs. I also said that should they deny liability I'd be contacting my lawyer and would take them to court.

They had 90 days to reply and didn't get back to me so I emailed them again on day 91 and said that as they had again gone against their legal obligation to get back to me within the time period I would be expecting a full refund. They then replied pretty much instantly saying they had concluded their report and I would be credited with the money within 5 days. 👍👍👍

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, c9crew said:

I've just been awarded a total of £3,688 for 3 new tyres, wheel alignment, 4 wheels reconditioned and a whole new bumper including clips and spray painted. Matt silver so a little more expensive (Merc a35 amg).

That's from Northumberland County Council. I did a full 2 page report explaining everything with about 20 photos of the potholes, or rather a crater, along with a few videos. I also took screen prints of the 20 or so other complaints from 3 to 4 weeks before I hit the pothole. 

Explained that as there was reports from 3 to 4 weeks prior to me they were 100% liable and had ample time to make repairs. I also said that should they deny liability I'd be contacting my lawyer and would take them to court.

They had 90 days to reply and didn't get back to me so I emailed them again on day 91 and said that as they had again gone against their legal obligation to get back to me within the time period I would be expecting a full refund. They then replied pretty much instantly saying they had concluded their report and I would be credited with the money within 5 days. 👍👍👍

Well done.

the posh bit
1 hour ago, c9crew said:

OIP (1).jpeg

On 06/05/2024 at 02:06, jamborich said:

I think you’ve got to prove the council knew about the pothole. 

Still amazes me that someone hasn't invented a machine that can do a decent job of patching these up each night when the roads are empty.

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, andrew said:

Still amazes me that someone hasn't invented a machine that can do a decent job of patching these up each night when the roads are empty.

I'm convinced it's deliberate. Keeps the motor repair industry ticking over. 

Doctor FinnBarr
21 hours ago, c9crew said:

That is the main thing, someone must have reported the problem before and they've failed to deal with it.