Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• OTT

• Sub4TiddlerMurray

• Sir PH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgierools

Why is this snake oil selling charlatan even still involved in our negotiations?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Why is this snake oil selling charlatan even still involved in our negotiations?

I imagine because he is still SPFL ceo.  

Sooks

He was on Sportsound earlier . Smug oily prick that he is 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine because he is still SPFL ceo.  

I've every confidence he will secure the first deal that he is offered, provided of course, Celtic approve it.

Randy Marsh

Peter Lawwell's puppet still lingering about like a bad smell pretending to do something for his £400k a year.😂

Armageddon

We’ll sign a deal with Disney, because it’s only about 2 teams and he Disney care about the rest.

GinRummy

Doncaster gets me so annoyed I just can’t think of an appropriate snidey, sarcastic comment. ☹️

Jamboross
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We’ll sign a deal with Disney, because it’s only about 2 teams and he Disney care about the rest.

Not because it's a Mickey Mouse league?

I suppose this is welcome news, any extra revenue for the league isn't to be sniffed at even if it is likely a pittance. 

I'm hopeful this ex-Netflix bloke who is keen on investing in Motherwell has some ideas and contacts he can put forward to the league about getting a deal with one of the streaming services. It's most likely the future of sports broadcasting and Netflix themselves are seemingly more interested now in broadcasting sport (they've recently signed a deal with WWE to broadcast all their shows from 2025) after previously being against it. Clearly we're not exactly a prestige brand but there's probably value to be had in one of these services picking up rights to SPFL games to pad out their offering. 

The SPFL urgently needs a CEO with some commercial awareness. 

He's locking us into long term shit deals. Its hamstringing the leagues ability to respond to changing market conditions. 

Instead of allowing the clubs 5 games a piece to PPV, these should be launched on a League streaming network to build a backdoor competitor to Sky. The viability could be tested over the duration of the current deal, and a decision could be made to either force Sky to get serious about Scottish Football, or kick them out should the concept be proven through testing. 

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, gjcc said:

60 so…

28 Rangers,

28 Celtic,

4 Celtic and Rangers. 

They might throw in a token Motherwell v Kilmarnock midweek game to show that they cover the whole of Scottish football 

Swanny17

The WSL gets more games than this ****ing smug prick can negotiate. 😡😡😡

brownkg

Had to turn the car radio off as soon as he started talking 15 fekin years he has been in post:sterb032::rifle::behead:

Lone Striker

Not sure if I misheard him on the radio, but Michael Stewart pressed him on whether the "extra package" of fixtures definitely means they will be live  on a TV channel even if no-one's bid gets approved.  Donkey said there were already bids in,  and muttered something about "Edinburgh derby".   

Each club will still be allowed to show some of their home games on their own PPV service  (Hearts TV) so long as one of the big TV companies isn't showing it live ?  I think he said 8, but not sure if thats an increase on what they can do now or not.

Chuck Berry

"Crucially, having the ability to take a further 20 games to market. We're in the process of that at the moment. We issued a invitation to tender to various broadcasters and we're working through the responses now."

Why didn't you take it to tender before extending Sky's deal to 2029?

Chuck Berry
51 minutes ago, brownkg said:

Had to turn the car radio off as soon as he started talking 15 fekin years he has been in post:sterb032::rifle::behead:

Nobody should be CEO that long.

That said, it lies squarely at the door of the clubs who won't bin him.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Nobody should be CEO that long.

That said, it lies squarely at the door of the clubs who won't bin him.

Yup. There has many times when he should have been sacked, but the latest of the Rangers and Cinch debacle should have seen him and the chairman sacked.

So the question becomes, why do the clubs (or those who can sack him) not want to get rid of him. As much as anything the fact he has been in the job for 15 years is astonishing, normally you have to be doing a pretty amazing job for the clubs (see Scudamore for the Premier league who just kept getting more and more money for the clubs.)

I would say it is not a bad idea to sell a tranche of 20 games to other broadcasters, to get more money but also to get broadcasters a foot in that when the next round of broadcast rights is sold may make them more likely to compete with Sky. However I dont trust the SPFL to do this well and it shows up the original Sky deal as the nonsense it is.

Jambo61

Wonder if we will get anywhere near the money or exposure of the english womens' game........naw, I know, just joking!

Jambo61
1 hour ago, OTT said:

He's locking us into long term shit deals. Its hamstringing the leagues ability to respond to changing market conditions. 

Instead of allowing the clubs 5 games a piece to PPV, these should be launched on a League streaming network to build a backdoor competitor to Sky. The viability could be tested over the duration of the current deal, and a decision could be made to either force Sky to get serious about Scottish Football, or kick them out should the concept be proven through testing. 

Each team should retain all rights to home games and sell to highest bidders or ppv themselves. Why let the new firm control what isn't theirs! Most teams would only ever get new firm games shown anyway!

Bull's-eye

He's a complete idiot who does absolutely zero to help the progression of the game in Scotland.

Unfortunately his brief is keep the status quo and he can trouser his ridiculous paypacket with no accountability.

Make sure the bigots keep a massive gap between them and the rest. Job done.

Bob Loblaw
Posted (edited)

Doncaster gets stick, and he is shite, but he's there as a lightning rod to take flak. 

If the clubs wanted rid of him he'd be gone. Blame them.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Sooks
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Doncaster gets me so annoyed I just can’t think of an appropriate snidey, sarcastic comment. ☹️

He looks and acts like the sort of creature you would find crawling through a mountain of bat guano with his mouth open and his young sticking out

Edited by Sooks

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Get your cv in.

part_time_jambo

Looking for a new title sponsor. Andrex comes to mind.

42 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Looking for a new title sponsor. Andrex comes to mind.

No likely. It’ll be a home bargains 72 single ply rolls for a fiver type brand. 

Sooks

The Glasgow Must Remain the Heart of Scottish Football Premiership 

Bazzas right boot
Posted (edited)

When I picture a Tory, I picture him.

An absolute Bull Shitter, no substance,  no results but somehow he gets votes.

Media spin included.

Westminster,  sorry Glasgow is best.

Utter cock womble, jobbie head -up there with Trump and Boris.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

DesertDawg
5 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Because, as a lawyer, he very shrewdly set up his contract to make it pretty much financially impossible for the lower league clubs, who have the majority of the votes, to remove him.

He tried his scheme with English cricket but failed, so took it to the gullible SPFL.  Believe, me. he's not only laughing his way to the bank. he's laughing at all of us for being so gullible.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, OTT said:

He's locking us into long term shit deals. Its hamstringing the leagues ability to respond to changing market conditions

Exactly what celtic want

Depriving the non-OF clubs of money because they know it doesn't take much extra money to give them a game

We've proven this many times before 😠

Super_Hans
5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

When I picture a Tory, I picture him.

An absolute Bull Shitter, no substance,  no results but somehow he gets votes.

Media spin included.

Westminster,  sorry Glasgow is best.

Utter cock womble, jobbie head -up there with Trump and Boris.

He answers questions like a politician. Spouts a load of waffle. When pressed hard on any topic his fall back is always 'It's the members of the SPFL or the clubs who ultimately decide'.

Staggering that he's been here 15 years. It's not healthy.

If carlsberg did rivals...
8 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Each team should retain all rights to home games and sell to highest bidders or ppv themselves. Why let the new firm control what isn't theirs! Most teams would only ever get new firm games shown anyway!

How much would Livi get in ppv for their home game V Ross County? The crowd was about 1500. Not something clubs would vote for. The new firm are Aberdeen and Dundee United!

4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Exactly what celtic want

Depriving the non-OF clubs of money because they know it doesn't take much extra money to give them a game

We've proven this many times before 😠

:spoton:

John Findlay
11 hours ago, gjcc said:

60 so…

28 Rangers,

28 Celtic,

4 Celtic and Rangers. 

That's about right.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

How much would Livi get in ppv for their home game V Ross County? The crowd was about 1500. Not something clubs would vote for. The new firm are Aberdeen and Dundee United!

Wrong the new firm are the new club formed in 2012 and Celtic.

John Findlay
6 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Because, as a lawyer, he very shrewdly set up his contract to make it pretty much financially impossible for the lower league clubs, who have the majority of the votes, to remove him.

He tried his scheme with English cricket but failed, so took it to the gullible SPFL.  Believe, me. he's not only laughing his way to the bank. he's laughing at all of us for being so gullible.

With his bestest buddy Lawell.

If carlsberg did rivals...
17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Wrong the new firm are the new club formed in 2012 and Celtic.

Wrong, Aberdeen and Dundee United have been called the new firm since the 80's.

22games nro

If Doncaster told me that today was Sunday , I’d have to double check 

HopeDiouf

Hes a lightning rod for the clubs,to take the flak for whatever decisions fans are unhappy about. This thread is evidence that 15 years on, he's still doing his job perfectly. Fans still blaming him for the unpopular decisions the clubs make.

Sir PH
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic are wrong.

As ever, I'll take the word of the JKB footballing experts.

John Findlay
34 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Wrong, Aberdeen and Dundee United have been called the new firm since the 80's.

I know what they were labelled in the 80s.

The old firm such as it was died in 2012 when the then Rangers went into liquidation, and no longer existed.

The present incarnation have been a club/business since 2012. 

I couldn't care what Glasgow based journalists claim, or the totally stitched up Five way agreement states. Rangers football club went out of business in 2012.

The entity known as the old firm died 2012.

To the right thinking amongst us. The old firm has not existed since 2012.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

As ever, I'll take the word of the JKB footballing experts.

Sometimes you should. Some of us know far more than you give us credit for.

Sir PH
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Sometimes you should. Some of us know far more than you give us credit for.

😂😂😂 Cheers, John. Tea everywhere.😡

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic are wrong.

Its more fun to keep calling it the Old Firm as it winds Celtic fans up more than saying Rangers died winds up Rangers fans.

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

It’s the Old Firm. 

Shooter McGavin
Posted (edited)

Doncaster is a prime example of how a talentless twat can stumble through life, doesn’t really bring any qualities or attributes to the table, and can somehow find themselves in a highly paid position.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Fire_At_The_Disco

It’s time the other well supported teams in the Spfl made a stand against this shite. Loads of big games don’t see the light of day on sky, the future is and always will be grim under this dick Dongcaster. It would never happen in other top leagues in Europe. 

Threedoorsdown

Doncaster gives off the air of desperation. Talking about how we aren’t good enough for apple and Google. Even if that is true, you do not talk down the value of your own product in such a public manner. 

It’s just Mickey Mouse stuff.