Simon murray

Scott Monument

Scott Monument

Simon Murray has been knocking in the goals recently wouldn’t it be worth a gamble and bring him to Hearts as a good squad player for next season

Hansel

He's had a good season but he's 32 and I think we should be looking at better 

JamboAl
1 minute ago, Hansel said:

He's had a good season but he's 32 and I think we should be looking at better 

Who do you think we might afford who is better?

Should maybe looking ideally at someone younger but for one (possibly two) season(s) he wouldn't be the worst option - and imagine if he scored the winner against our near neighbours....

GinRummy

We can’t sign every spl striker or forward that’s had a good season. Charles-Cook, Van Veen and Nouble all mentioned in the past. 

Regular John

A failed hubs lower leagues dwelling journeyman, sign em up.

Corstorphine Jambo

I was speaking to my mate about Murray just before the defeat at County. His movement causes havoc for defenders. I’d hope for a better striker but if we’re picking up a quality right back and quality midfielder (Deja vu), maybe we have to look at that level finance wise?

Bazzas right boot

If he was 22- aye.

But naw, not now.

kingantti1874
Just now, Corstorphine Jambo said:

I was speaking to my mate about Murray just before the defeat at County. His movement causes havoc for defenders. I’d hope for a better striker but if we’re picking up a quality right back and quality midfielder (Deja vu), maybe we have to look at that level finance wise?

lol our turnover this season will be easily north of £25million. So wouldn’t think we will be that hard up

HMFC 86

Would be nice to have an alternative to Shankland. We don’t have anything at all at the moment

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We can’t sign every spl striker or forward that’s had a good season. Charles-Cook, Van Veen and Nouble all mentioned in the past. 

Bair, Main,

frankblack
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Remember John Sutton 😬

Batistuta87

32yo and this is the only season he's looked anything close to decent. A firm no from me. 

alicante jambo

Just when you think things cant get any worse on here you have neil lennons love child getting mentioned. Ffs.

GinRummy
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Bair, Main,

Exactly. 

GinRummy
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Remember John Sutton 😬

I was actually going to mention him in my reply to BRB but decided it’s been a bad enough day already 😂

Corstorphine Jambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

lol our turnover this season will be easily north of £25million. So wouldn’t think we will be that hard up

Valid point - but then depends where you choose to spend the money. For me, creating chances, even creating time and space, in midfield is what we truly lack. And of course a right back.

I did say I’d want a better striker than the standard of Murray but there will have to be a trade off somewhere building a stronger squad.

johnking123
28 minutes ago, Scott Monument said:

Simon Murray has been knocking in the goals recently wouldn’t it be worth a gamble and bring him to Hearts as a good squad player for next season

:jj_facepalm:

Pasquale for King

Actually think he might go back to Hibs 😆

joondalupjambo

FFS no flipping way.

neilnunb

Jesus Christ.

When I saw Theo Bair had scored again I knew there'd be mention of him today and right enough but Simon ****ing Murray...just no. 🤣🤣🤣

gordiegords

He’d be shite in a hearts top, like Sutton, salmon et al who all did well at clubs with low expectations.

Ricardo Quaresma
20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

32yo and this is the only season he's looked anything close to decent. A firm no from me. 

The death row hardon effect, for him, d'you think? :rofl:

Pasquale for King

Someone like him would be a good foil for Shankland and Dhanda obviously. 

jamboinglasgow

If our recruitment team cant find a player of his attributes who is better than I would be very disappointed in our recruitment team.

He is doing well but we are not looking to sign every player who has had a decent season.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Someone like him would be a good foil for Shankland and Dhanda obviously. 

It does actually sound like a plan, but what about Boyce?

Send him back to where it all began, on loan for his last year, probably supplementing his wages?

2 year for Murray, or 1 + 1 option?

Sounds quite costly, but would it be effective enough to go for/

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Scott Monument said:

No, just no.

droid

Another player who always seems to look great against us. 

Absolute Scenes

32 😂😂😂

I see all the Van Veen fanboys on here have went quiet too.

He was and never will be good enough for hearts, nor as “good foil” for anyone at hearts. 

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The death row hardon effect, for him, d'you think? :rofl:

😂😂

five wan

First thought is no, but then yes then loan him back to county. Can’t play against us and if we have injuries bring him back

All roads lead to Gorgie

I can see maybe newly promoted Dundee Utd wanting his experience for a short term fix or St Johnstone if they survive, he does look a Levein type signing anyway. He is a robust striker that we could do with at times but we should be looking for a better younger version if we are going in that direction.

Rudy T

At times this place baffles me, we’ve got posters telling us 3rd is par for Hearts and we should be better than that and winning cups challenging the old firm etc then we have others suggesting a 32 year never been journeyman as a striker ffs. Do fans understand the level that’s required to play for a club of our size, while some expectations are completely unrealistic we’re so much better than Simon Murray! 

If carlsberg did rivals...
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

He’s too ugly 

And awfy ginger, I'm struggling to think of any decent ginger jambos in the near past, Galloway or Frail being the most recent i can think of. We as a club are gingerist!

Alan_R

I've actually always thought he looked quite effective. Thought it was odd Hibs let him go.

A useful player with a point to prove v the hobos. Could be the perfect storm. I'd not be unhappy to have him in the squad but unless he was cheap and out of contract we can do probably better. 

If carlsberg did rivals...
6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I've actually always thought he looked quite effective. Thought it was odd Hibs let him go.

A useful player with a point to prove v the hobos. Could be the perfect storm. I'd not be unhappy to have him in the squad but unless he was cheap and out of contract we can do probably better. 

Did he not leave hubs to go to a South African team? Which is remarkable considering his complexion!

milky_26
Just now, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Did he not leave hubs to go to a South African team? Which is remarkable considering his complexion!

he did, bidvest wits played there for a few seasons

Lone Striker

Right now, Theo Bair seems the most worthwhile SPL striker (outside of the OF,  and apart from  Shankland  obviously).    

Bairnjambo

Be better with Jordan White if we are looking for something different from the bench.

Don Cowie doing very well in his first home games as a manager.

RustyRightPeg

Jesus christ. I knew it wouldn't be long before this thread was started.

No. Never.

SpruceBringsteen
5 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

Do you understand that when folk in real life say "did you see that dimwit on kickback" it's generally never positive