The first 10 minutes against the OF

No Idle Talk

No Idle Talk

How many times?! 

It drives me mental. I understand both teams are better than us but that doesn't mean we should not be able to survive ten minutes without conceding a goal to them. 

It just messes the whole game plan up. You're not even giving yourself a chance to grow into the game and get their fans antsy. 

The players themselves have admitted they have identified it as a problem. So why does it keep happening?! 

So annoying man. 😣

hearts00
Just now, nick_3892 said:

imagine we cut out the daft goals as well! 👍

The bigger problem is scoring goals and not being utterly wasteful in the final third. 

Buster HMFC

It's not just been the OF this season mate. Its more games than most. I'm sure Naismith will get it sorted 

fabienleclerq

I'd say it's not the old firm as such, we always give up easy chances early on they just have more clinical players than other teams.

I dunno if it's an experience thing or lack of leaders or whatever but it's an obvious flaw we need to fix somehow. Although if you are gonna concede might aswell be early gives you a chance to correct it!

ScandinavianJambo
4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

How many times?! 

It drives me mental. I understand both teams are better than us but that doesn't mean we should not be able to survive ten minutes without conceding a goal to them. 

It just messes the whole game plan up. You're not even giving yourself a chance to grow into the game and get their fans antsy. 

The players themselves have admitted they have identified it as a problem. So why does it keep happening?! 

So annoying man. 😣

It's the same thing every time. We press high they go on a break and score...

In the old days it was, we defend are pressed too far back and they score....same outcome....add on the lack of umph we have after the split and this is where we are at.

If we now turn it around because of my comments I'll be dancing mind....

hearts00

Have you ever seen a worse defender than Lembikisa. Quite embarrassing. 

heartandsoul
Just now, hearts00 said:

He has been dire

Buster HMFC
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

He's no that bad. Granted we need a new RB next season 

mr fox
14 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

How many times?! 

So annoying man. 😣

Well it’s being happening for 40 years that I can remember 

colinmorewasgash

Its been same for years they come flying out traps we crap it for most part and lose a goal or 2 as usual. If sevco are still in race at tynie they will score early too its our players mentality. Not much added time today I see not that it makes difference.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Its been same for years they come flying out traps we crap it for most part and lose a goal or 2 as usual. If sevco are still in race at tynie they will score early too its our players mentality. Not much added time today I see not that it makes difference.

Yup, I have for years watching the clock hoping we dont concede in the first ten minutes against the Old Firm, and they usually do.

I would be in favour of us being really defensive first ten minutes to stop that goal which messes us up psychologically the rest of the game.

No Idle Talk
6 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Exactly! 

That's why it is so annoying. Managers change, players change, yet this phenomenon persists. 

It has to be down to a weak, scared, mentality. What else can explain it? 

gordon simpson
21 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

How many times?! 

So annoying man. 😣

aye it is annoying but such is football 

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Glasgow bound, pants brown.

It’ll be the same next year and for eternity.

Robbo-Jambo
24 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

How many times?! 

So annoying man. 😣

Does my nut in.

jamboozy

We’re Hearts and we know our place.😏

busbyfth
37 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

How many times?! 

So annoying man. 😣

My pals are so so fed up of my moaning about us losing an early goal against the OF so so so often, within just a few minutes - DO WE AS A TEAM NOT FUC/%$£ LEARN ? 

busbyfth
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, I have for years watching the clock hoping we dont concede in the first ten minutes against the Old Firm, and they usually do.

I would be in favour of us being really defensive first ten minutes to stop that goal which messes us up psychologically the rest of the game.

even if we got to 10 minutes but its always single figures !!

dannymack
1 minute ago, busbyfth said:

My pals are so so fed up of my moaning about us losing an early goal against the OF so so so often, within just a few minutes - DO WE AS A TEAM NOT FUC/%$£ LEARN ? 

Club...

Been happening for decades. 

Hungry hippo

We actually started positively today so I don't think you can question the mentality about the reason for the lost early goal today.

Ron Burgundy
16 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

We actually started positively today so I don't think you can question the mentality about the reason for the lost early goal today.

Was from a piss weak punch from the keeper. 

Taffin
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Atkinson 😂😂

Australis

It seems to be the first 10 minutes against everyone.

Players earning money only most of us can dream of, for a 90 minute performance.

Nearly every game the first 10 or 20 minutes are awful.

Money for auld rope for to many of them.

the posh bit

Absolute nap they'd score early today. 

joondalupjambo
Posted (edited)

Just looked on London Hearts and against Celtic it looks like 4 times in the last 30 games including today's match that we have lost a goal in the first ten minutes.  

8 times against The Rangers though in the last 30. Twice the amount.

Are these high percentages given the quality of these two teams?  I guess we would need to measure those stats against each of the other SPL teams to see how we fare overall.  Maybe on one rainy day of boredom.

Edited by joondalupjambo

DG_HMFC
3 hours ago, Buster HMFC said:

It's not just been the OF this season mate. Its more games than most. I'm sure Naismith will get it sorted 

You listen to his interviews and he knows the issues. 

He's the first gaffer in a while I've felt confidence in to get it right in the transfer window.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah just a weak GK and the captain switching off. 

Go for it 1308
4 hours ago, mr fox said:

Yep....its been happening for 48 yrs for me. This was my first experience as a kid. 

Screenshot_20240504_194952_Google.jpg

jamboinglasgow
46 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's the first gaffer in a while I've felt confidence in to get it right in the transfer window.

I agree with that.

Naismiths post match interviews have been impressive in being honest about what worked well but more importantly what didn't. I have found quite often managers will often look to overvalue the positives and either minimise or ignore the negatives, which can be frustrating for fans after a poor result. Listening to Naismith today I thought he was spot on talking about how things cost us, and always putting it towards what we could do better rather than the opposition is too good, but he still talked about what we did well to take some positives forward.

I do agree with you that I do think Naismith knows what he wants to do to improve the squad and how we play with the transfer market and where we can minimise our weaknesses.

N Lincs Jambo
3 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Correct, Shanks had a pretty decent chance in the first couple of minutes. Score that and it’s game on.

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Just looked on London Hearts and against Celtic it looks like 4 times in the last 30 games including today's match that we have lost a goal in the first ten minutes.  

8 times against The Rangers though in the last 30. Twice the amount.

Are these high percentages given the quality of these two teams?  I guess we would need to measure those stats against each of the other SPL teams to see how we fare overall.  Maybe on one rainy day of boredom.

Eight times in thirty matches is pretty dire. In my estimation. I'm actually surprised it isn't worse against Rangers. 

Overall, that is twelve early goals in sixty games against the OF. So once every five games we will find ourselves behind inside ten minutes. I don't think that's too clever either. 

We have to be more resolute at the beginning of these matches. There is no reason we can't achieve that. 

Buster HMFC
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

And me. Folk wrote him off at the start of the season. 

Cruickie's Moustache
Posted (edited)

The worrying stat is that v T'Rangers we lost a goal within 4 mins at the semi.

Then we do the same again today.

Nobody needs sacked or horsesd etc but wholly unacceptable we can't seem to be able to hold out for 10 mins vthe two cheeks while other teams seem to manage it.

Edited by Cruickie's Moustache

gregzy2k7

We were never winning this game today, 

While it would have been nice to make it 3 in a rpw, we literally have nothing to play for and Celtic have everything to play for.

Roll on next season.

Thumperbeni
7 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Yes I have, Atkinson ! Both horrendous players who should be nowhere near our squad let alone starting 11 !

part_time_jambo
7 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Hearts players certainly go from hero to zero on here.

Carter

It's a ****ing embarrassment. It happens almost every single time against them. 

Every chance we'll get beaten by Rangers on the final day for a 6th time this season. That's a dreadful indictment of the league. 

joondalupjambo
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Carter said:

It's a ****ing embarrassment. It happens almost every single time against them. 

Every chance we'll get beaten by Rangers on the final day for a 6th time this season. That's a dreadful indictment of the league. 

Check back a few posts in this thread.  I noted the stats.  We seem to lose a goal inside 10 minutes once in every 5 games over the last 60. It does seem like every time and I think that is because there have been a few recently.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Carter
3 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Check back a few posts in this thread.  I noted the stats.  We seem to lose a goal inside 10 minutes once in every 5 games over the last 60. It does seem like every time and I think that is because there have been a few recently.

For it to happen again yesterday after what happened at Hampden, you need to ask questions about organisation and readiness for these games. Pretty good chance it doesn't happen today at Ibrox. That debunks the whole budget gulf argument. 

We clearly struggled to sell our allocation for Hampden due to many fans believing there was a strong likelihood we'd fold. Successive games against the pair of them inside 13 days being behind inside 5 mins is just a farce. It strongly feels like poor decision making and panic. Naismith needs to get this sorted as it's not a trait you want to be synonymous with. 

Diego10
13 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Eight times in thirty matches is pretty dire. In my estimation. I'm actually surprised it isn't worse against Rangers. 

Overall, that is twelve early goals in sixty games against the OF. So once every five games we will find ourselves behind inside ten minutes. I don't think that's too clever either. 

We have to be more resolute at the beginning of these matches. There is no reason we can't achieve that. 

We've scored 8 in the first ten minutes of those same 60 games.  

Selkirkhmfc1874

Thought we started the game really well and then a really poor goal to concede