Ryanair compensation

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Right lads and lassies, seem to remember a lot of compo threads during Covid days. How easy is it to claim and do I need to accept vouchers or am I entitled to cash? 

Script is me and Mrs are heading to Brussels for the RWD Molenbeek game v Charleroi tomorrow and we've been in Glasgow Airport since 6 this morning for a 7.50 flight that was delayed til 14.30 but might now go at 12.50. We got a meal voucher for £3 each which as you can imagine doesn't go far in any airport. 

Ryanair emailed me to say we've been awarded 250 euros each (400 if EU citizens) for the delay so the question is as above. 

PS, as we're both smokers any smart arse answers will result in the troops coming round, feckin gasping now. 

AyrJambo

250 Euros in vouchers?

Probably depends on the T & Cs that were accepted when you bought the tickets

Seems discriminatory that EU citizens get more though

Doctor FinnBarr

Delayed further til 15.00, can see us missing out now. 

Jamboross
13 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Delayed further til 15.00, can see us missing out now. 

Keep ahold of receipts for all food and drinks you've bought in the airport while delayed. You can try claiming back some the costs from them. £3 in meal vouchers is wild. 

Sounds like they're already in the process of awarding you the compensation for the flight so you likely won't have to do anything there.

There's more info and links to where to make claims here: https://help.ryanair.com/hc/en-gb/articles/12889869090705-If-my-flight-has-been-delayed-by-2-hours-or-more-What-are-my-options

They're usually pretty speedy at getting the payment sorted, my compensation for a delayed flight back from Kaunas after our game in Riga the other year only took a few days. 

Bungalow Bill

250 EU is paid as cash. You have to submit this form https://onlineform.ryanair.com/gb/en/eu-261

I’ve only ever claimed with BA and EasyJet. EasyJet’s process was very smooth. 

I’ve had 3 successful claims since February for flight delays over 3 hours. 

davemclaren
56 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

250 Euros in vouchers?

Brexit bonus. 

theshed
Posted (edited)

At least you’re getting something. 

I was delayed 6 hours before and got nothing as they blamed a strike by air traffic control in a country that I wasn’t even flying from

For them to be paying out already means they are at fault so can’t come up with any excuse to not pay you out 

The £3 voucher for food really is a joke. That’s not enough to even get a sandwich 

Edited by theshed

1 hour ago, AyrJambo said:

250 Euros in vouchers?

It's European law that entitles you to the money. This is what the UK voted for.

AyrJambo
2 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's European law that entitles you to the money. This is what England voted for.

FTFY

Doctor FinnBarr

The thing pissing us off right now is the lack of Ryanair staff to keep us updated to what is actually happening. I've emailed them about this and they've offered us flights on another day (no use) or a full refund, don't think this flight is going TBH. 

highlandjambo3

Ryan air can go pap shite at the moon, they’ll never get a *penny from me ever.

In mid 2016, My daughter had planned a surprise trip for my granddaughter to the Harry Potter centre in Watford, they were both Harry Potter nuts, the trip was planned for March 2017, anyway my daughter died in November 2016…….after things settled down a bit it was decided by my granddaughter that she still wanted to go on her Harry Potter trip and that I would take her.  Just a case of sending a few e mails to transfer my name for my daughters……..all was fine except Ryan Air, they wanted a £250 administration fee and a copy of my daughters death certificate.  I was floored, I just booked with easy jet. 

In hind sight I should have taken this to the papers/MP but, the whole situation was just too raw for me.

* sorry this does not help you, just wanted to let you know what I think of them.

hughesie27
36 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

In mid 2016, My daughter had planned a surprise trip for my granddaughter to the Harry Potter centre in Watford, they were both Harry Potter nuts, the trip was planned for March 2017, anyway my daughter died in November 2016…….after things settled down a bit it was decided by my granddaughter that she still wanted to go on her Harry Potter trip and that I would take her.  Just a case of sending a few e mails to transfer my name for my daughters……..all was fine except Ryan Air, they wanted a £250 administration fee and a copy of my daughters death certificate.  I was floored, I just booked with easy jet. 

In hind sight I should have taken this to the papers/MP but, the whole situation was just too raw for me.

* sorry this does not help you, just wanted to let you know what I think of them.

Scum

the posh bit
3 hours ago, theshed said:

The £3 voucher for food really is a joke. That’s not enough to even get a sandwich 

Loganair give you 15 notes for lunch. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

That's horrific. 

I've never used that airline and never will.

WorldChampions1902

I hate Ryanair with a passion, to the point that I no longer book any holidays that have them as the carrier. So many bad experiences with the final straw being the following debacle.

Booked to go to Rhodes online with a company we had used many times without a hitch. A few weeks before flying, that online travel agent went bust. Fortunately, I paid for the holiday with my Barclaycard, so got a rapid refund. However, after booking the trip, I needed to pay for hold luggage and the travel agent told me to book this online with Ryanair, which I duly did. And when the travel agent went bust, I contacted RA direct to request a refund for that luggage payment. They point blank refused, stating and I quote, “you have chosen not to fly”. WTAF!!?

That cost me £200. Will never fly with them again and have booked multiple holidays since then and opted to pay more to fly with alternative carriers. Their loss.

Buyer beware!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Brexit bonus. 

Stopping the boats.

07:50
Ryanair
FR2559
Charleroi
Airborne 17:35

Looks like he's away

milky_26
8 minutes ago, Jeff said:
Ryanair
FR2559
Charleroi

Looks like he's away

might have been banned from flying for kicking off about the delay

hughesie27
12 minutes ago, Jeff said:
Ryanair
FR2559
Charleroi

Looks like he's away

Might lump on Molenbeek 0 - 0 Charleroi

Doctor FinnBarr
On 03/05/2024 at 19:12, hughesie27 said:

Might lump on Molenbeek 0 - 0 Charleroi

Try 1-3

Doctor FinnBarr

Update, we ended up with £9 each in airport vouchers, nowt really considering Glasgow airport makes Edinburgh airport look cheap.

On return I tried to put in a claim on the Ryanair compensation page where it wanted IBAN and BIC codes for my bank (I'd to Google what they were). Got them and proceeded to fill in the form and the online form kept telling me I'd made a mistake and wouldn't let me continue. I did the online chat with them where they told me to clear my cookies and it'd go through, it didn't. They then sent me a link for the same bloody place, 3 different agents did this with me but number 4 told me to go onto the complaints page and explain to them. I did and got an email back telling me I'd got the wrong page along with a link to the compo page that wouldn't accept my IBAN/Bic codes.Almost tearing out what I've left of my hair I asked them too look at the conversations I'd had with their agents and da ra, got an email telling me to email them my IBAN and BIC codes and £440 was mine.

Would still have rather have had the full day in Brussels mind!

Doctor FinnBarr
42 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I love a happy ending.

It will be once the dosh appears in my account

redjambo
9 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

It will be once the dosh appears in my account

The happy ending's "once the money has come" shot.

Doctor FinnBarr
20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The happy ending's "once the money has come" shot.

No in the account yet but hopeful

Strange. I just got £440 put in my account from Ryanair for a flight to Belgium on the 4th of May i never took 🤑

Bindy Badgy
11 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Update, we ended up with £9 each in airport vouchers, nowt really considering Glasgow airport makes Edinburgh airport look cheap.

On return I tried to put in a claim on the Ryanair compensation page where it wanted IBAN and BIC codes for my bank (I'd to Google what they were). Got them and proceeded to fill in the form and the online form kept telling me I'd made a mistake and wouldn't let me continue. I did the online chat with them where they told me to clear my cookies and it'd go through, it didn't. They then sent me a link for the same bloody place, 3 different agents did this with me but number 4 told me to go onto the complaints page and explain to them. I did and got an email back telling me I'd got the wrong page along with a link to the compo page that wouldn't accept my IBAN/Bic codes.Almost tearing out what I've left of my hair I asked them too look at the conversations I'd had with their agents and da ra, got an email telling me to email them my IBAN and BIC codes and £440 was mine.

Would still have rather have had the full day in Brussels mind!

The cynic in me thinks all of this nonsense is intentional as a lot of people will give up without submitting a claim.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

The cynic in me thinks all of this nonsense is intentional as a lot of people will give up without submitting a claim.

For sure, still claiming my codes are incorrect but my bank says they're real and authentic. Sent Ryanair screenshots now.

Bindy Badgy
1 hour ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

For sure, still claiming my codes are incorrect but my bank says they're real and authentic. Sent Ryanair screenshots now.

It might be easier to lodge a complaint with whoever their regulator is. They're less likely to piss about with an organisation that can impose fines.

Cairneyhill Jambo
29 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

It might be easier to lodge a complaint with whoever their regulator is. They're less likely to piss about with an organisation that can impose fines.

That's what we did with Thomsons a few years ago. They only offered us vouchers so we wrote to the Civil Aviation Authority and we were paid cash within the week. The CAA can revoke the airlines licence if they don't comply so its in the airlines best interests to pay out. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Hooray, finally someone listened, £426.86 incoming.

:greggy: