St Johnstone Sold to American Buyer

Daktari

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd be very surprised if Geoff Brown hasn't protected the club on issues like that in the deal.

I'd like to think that Brown has been very careful and diligent on this sale.

Peakybunnet
12 hours ago, FWJ said:

It’s not great but there’s plenty worse.  I wonder where they’d put a new one?  There’s a lot of development to the NW of Perth and a lot scheduled for around Broxden - but that would mean it was even further out of town.

It’s not the worse and only 35 years old. They have great training facilities all round the stadium. First went there in April 1990 as no SPL games for. 1-1 draw with Clyde. 
They also do great funeral teas being just round the corner from the crematorium 

GorgieFifeLife
27 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

It’s not the worse and only 35 years old. They have great training facilities all round the stadium. First went there in April 1990 as no SPL games for. 1-1 draw with Clyde. 
They also do great funeral teas being just round the corner from the crematorium 

I remember my Grandad taking me there for the opening of the stadium game against Man Utd.  I kept on complaining that I’m a Hearts fan why are we going to which I was told just keep your eyes on the Man Utd players.  It was the first modern style stadium I had been in.

colinmorewasgash
13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

This is all really quite sad. 
so many clubs now selling up to Americans and at their mercy.  Deary me. Thank goodness for Ann Budge and FOH. What a relief

Aberdeen 

hubs

dundee

dundee utd

st Johnstone now

And murderwell with usa investment too welcome to the susapfl

colinmorewasgash

Motherwell reach agreement with US-based family regarding investment; club released an appeal in bid to secure funding; Motherwell's executive board will now work on formalising legal framework to take forward to shareholder vote, with investor keen to work in partnership with Well Society.

fabienleclerq
17 hours ago, jock _turd said:

St Johnstone a small club and always will be but I do not get the instant ... this is going to be bad for them from many posters on here? It was the same when an investor was looking at Motherwell... on here? An instant well thats them Fkd. Why is this?

I think it's about motive. Why would an American who probably knows next to nothing about football, let alone Scottish football and St Johnstone/Motherwell be interested in buying them?

McCrae
18 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Another one bites the dust. I get that they need investment but surely the fans see what we have done and should be looking to follow our lead.

They don’t have the fan base big enough to make a meaningful contribution.

McCrae
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

I think it's about motive. Why would an American who probably knows next to nothing about football, let alone Scottish football and St Johnstone/Motherwell be interested in buying them?

The American knows nothing patter is way out of date. Soccer is one of the most popular participation sports in the US, has a growing well established league system and is thriving. The US is home to some of the largest and most competitive international youth tournaments. The Dallas Cup being a prime example. 

gordon simpson
18 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Hope they all go bust. Every last single club in Scottish football, except us. And maybe Stranraer.

that would leave us with a sexy wee league of 2 

gordon simpson
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Same as now then ;) .

Only we'd get to be one of the two.

spot on Jim ,and we wouldn't have the disgusting religious bigotry either    

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Same as now then ;) .

A bit of travel though. 🥸

Ribble
18 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Is there not something like £20m worth of land which is why its taken so long to sell them?

Do they own land other than the stadium and surrounding pitches/car park? If not I just don't get why a developer would pay a premium for their land unless all the fields the other side of the A9 are locked in as greenfield land?

Ribble
18 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Is there not something like £20m worth of land which is why its taken so long to sell them?

Do they own land other than the stadium and surrounding pitches/car park? If not I just don't get why a developer would pay a premium for their land unless all the fields the other side of the A9 are locked in as greenfield land?

davemclaren
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

Weekly football special trains back on the agenda. Logistics shouldn’t be an issue once it all beds in. 

😄

DalryJambo
20 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd be very surprised if Geoff Brown hasn't protected the club on issues like that in the deal.

I'd be very surprised if Geoff Brown hasn't spread it around in the press that the deal will protect the club/land etc whilst allowing as much room for manoeuvre as possible to the new owner to ensure he got the best sell on value. At the end of the day he will want to look after his kids, grandkids etc etc.

Shooter McGavin
20 hours ago, indianajones said:

Thank **** for the Foundation of Hearts. 

This, I still think there's a good portion of Hearts fans that don't understand how lucky we are to be fan owned, and not be forced to hoor ourselves out to the vultures and parasites out there.

joondalupjambo
21 hours ago, FWJ said:

It’s not great but there’s plenty worse.  I wonder where they’d put a new one?  There’s a lot of development to the NW of Perth and a lot scheduled for around Broxden - but that would mean it was even further out of town.

Bankfoot.  25 bus takes the supporters straight there.  Only need three of them.  Nice country setting, village pub with beer garden and easy access from north and south.  You know it makes sense🤣

Japan Jambo
22 hours ago, Rc55 said:

Can't wait to hear the gnashing of teeth and hysteria from that supercilious prat Cosgrove  about this or will we see a hypocritical volte-face.

my money is on the later.

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Bankfoot.  25 bus takes the supporters straight there.  Only need three of them.  Nice country setting, village pub with beer garden and easy access from north and south.  You know it makes sense🤣

Ah.  The “New Stadium for Aberdeen” solution?

joondalupjambo
30 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Obviously I was joshing.  Milnathort is a better option 🤣 More fields for the Saintee fans to watch coos grazing🤣

37 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Obviously I was joshing.  Milnathort is a better option 🤣 More fields for the Saintee fans to watch coos grazing🤣

Kinross-Shire Utd

I was looking to see where they could squeeze in a stadium closer to the centre.  There’s a lot of (looks like ex-railway) land just behind all the car showrooms on west side of Dunkeld Road - just up & across the road from their old ground.  Could easy get a nice wee Victoria Park sized stadium in there.  

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

And, I believe, surrounded by prime grazing land

buzzbomb1958
6 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Hes actually quoted as saying he will not be ploughing millions into the club so who knows where this is going , with the land being worth 20 million plus id be wary

fabienleclerq
17 hours ago, Ribble said:

I can't remember exactly but I think there was an article about it somewhere. It was the reason he's struggled to sell them, there was virtually zero value in the club but there was a big bit of land.

fabienleclerq
18 hours ago, McCrae said:

The American knows nothing patter is way out of date. Soccer is one of the most popular participation sports in the US, has a growing well established league system and is thriving. The US is home to some of the largest and most competitive international youth tournaments. The Dallas Cup being a prime example. 

It's called football mate.

Your average American knows next to nothing about football, even less about Scottish football. A kids tournament doesn't change that.

Libertarian
20 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Same as now then ;) .

Even then we would probably be pipped for the league title on goal difference!

McCrae
On 03/05/2024 at 07:43, fabienleclerq said:

It's called football mate.

Your average American knows next to nothing about football, even less about Scottish football. A kids tournament doesn't change that.

Not in the US.