Hearts player of the year awards 2023/24

jamboinglasgow

RustyRightPeg
3 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but Shankland v St Mirren was goal of the season for me. The technique and composure was just ridiculous! There were plenty great goals to choose from this season which is encouraging, even if you don’t count Shanklands. Forrest v Hibs, Vargas v Motherwell, Kingsley v Celtic. Been some crackers 

You could ask Shankland to do that again though and he probably could. Forrest will never hit a ball like that in his life again, full speed, weak foot right in the stanch. Definitely the deserved winner.

A great night was had by all and special thanks to Dave Mclaren for organising our night.   Below are the Kickbackers with Callum Sandilands the B Team Player of the Year sponsored by Jambos Kickback.

image.thumb.jpeg.3b8f94fca7d8cb9f822fc4deaadacee7.jpeg

Edited by livi

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, peter snr said:

Congratulations to JP for all the work he does.

Here here !! 

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, peter snr said:

Club store supervisor 

Used to be a bouncer on the doors years ago . I knew him from those days 

RustyRightPeg
12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I guess we won't be seeing Pollock before the end of the season.

Laughing at Tait. He looks like a child at his Grannies house playing with the recliner

JudyJudyJudy

Was a great night . The players looked very dapper !  Craig G was going for  the milk tray man look with his black polo neck top on ! Ditto Toby Sibbick . Fashion faux pas or a daring fusion of styles ? from Vargas with a suit on but white trainers ! Frankie Kent looked very dapper as they all did really . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Was a great night . The players looked very dapper !  Craig G was going for  the milk tray man look with his black polo neck top on ! Ditto Toby Sibbick . Fashion faux pas or a daring fusion of styles ? from Vargas with a suit on but white trainers ! Frankie Kent looked very dapper as they all did really . 

Frankie looks to be a bit of a party animal.  Certainly was enjoying himself as were a few of the others.  I hope they have the day off today or training could be a problem.  😍

JudyJudyJudy
45 minutes ago, livi said:

Frankie looks to be a bit of a party animal.  Certainly was enjoying himself as were a few of the others.  I hope they have the day off today or training could be a problem.  😍

Yes he was very sociable . We ended up at after party at a club called “ Freddy’s “ . I had a chin wag with Stephen Kinsley . Think I was talking nonsense ! 😂 no like me 

been here before

Is JP Ellis the 'larger gent' in the club store with the grey hair?

No Idle Talk
5 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but Shankland v St Mirren was goal of the season for me. The technique and composure was just ridiculous! There were plenty great goals to choose from this season which is encouraging, even if you don’t count Shanklands. Forrest v Hibs, Vargas v Motherwell, Kingsley v Celtic. Been some crackers 

I agree with you. That's the one I voted for. 

It was somewhat predictable that one of the goals v Hibs would be chosen however. 

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, Americana said:

Wouldve liked to see Frankie Kent get some recognition.

It's always a tough ask for a defender to get recognition in the typical end-of-season awards; made all the more tough when you've got someone up the other end of the pitch knocking in goals left, right and centre.

Speaking as a former centre-half, I'd argue for pairing awards, so that "goal of the year" is paired with "defensive moment of the year", which would include saves. Probably see one of Shanks's goal line clearances pick up the award! Also "attacking player of the year" with "defensive player of the year" and, then, an overall POTY. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
25 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is JP Ellis the 'larger gent' in the club store with the grey hair?

Yeah 

scott herbertson
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another chance

As they've won nothing else all season I'm hoping one of the Hibs outstanding flair goals wins it this year

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another chance

Voted 4 times for Shankland at ER, the best goal of our season. 

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Voted 4 times for Shankland at ER, the best goal of our season. 

I voted 200 times for Stephen Humphreys last year and he still didn't win. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I voted 200 times for Stephen Humphreys last year and he still didn't win. 

The fact Jota won it last year can only be because Celtic fans were doing that many times more (and a reason why I dont like seeing awards put to public vote when it is a tribal thing.) That Jota goal was good but no where the best goals of the season.

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The fact Jota won it last year can only be because Celtic fans were doing that many times more (and a reason why I dont like seeing awards put to public vote when it is a tribal thing.) That Jota goal was good but no where the best goals of the season.

Should be between Blair Spittal, Shankland and Forrest this year. But Kyogo, O'Riley or Tavernier will win it.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Should be between Blair Spittal, Shankland and Forrest this year. But Kyogo, O'Riley or Tavernier will win it.

I would add in Sidibeh's overhead kick which was pretty special. But year it will go to one of the Old Firm. Also wish there was a bit more variety in types of goals that is not just hit from just outside the box.

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a joke award really as anybody with a brain outside of Scotland will tell you by far and away Humphrys goal last season was the best and yet the Celtic player won.

Wee Mikey

Great night, and now recovered. Just.

Some magnificent outfits, not least the chap with the 3 piece Hearts tartan suit ... that's the way to do it! Happy to share a photo should the dapper fella agree.

The food & drink was spot-on and the auction was mental ... hitting £3K for a certain bottle!!! I dunno what the proceeds were for (anyone?) but it was much fun.

Hats off to those with the deep pockets. 👍

As usual, my £10 raffle won me nowt.

All the players were on top form and I did wonder about our women's team seeing as they were playing at Hampden earlier in the day, but they all arrived looking magnificent.

As always, Scott Wilson was on top form and the vids on the big screens were worth the entry price alone. The wee vignettes with the players takin' the piss oot o' each other point towards a richt guid dressing room vibe. Very funny. 😄

Hopefully, there'll be some highlights from the official photographer, but, if not, or as well as ... get posting!

Ps ... all of our men's squad were as fit AS ... no spare tyres or excess flab for these lads, and they interacted with us supporters like natural ambassadors for the club.

❤️❤️G❤️

RustyRightPeg

I'd love it if they could share the vignettes. Maybe something to keep behind closed doors but I'm sure it would help others see a bit more of the players personalities!

On 28/04/2024 at 21:51, Jamboross said:

GMRWLF0XoAEjUtp?format=jpg&name=large

Natty could learn a thing or two from Pete here.  

Pete looks like a dashing young Indiana Jones 

Wee Mikey
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Pete looks like a dashing young Indiana Jones 

And here was me thinking that tie pins were long gone ... I'll bet he had a pair of these classic sleeve garters & trouser suspenders beneath his jaikit as well. Lol.

Screenshot_20240430_124333_Google.jpg

6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

And here was me thinking that tie pins were long gone ... I'll bet he had a pair of these classic sleeve garters & trouser suspenders beneath his jaikit as well. Lol.

Screenshot_20240430_124333_Google.jpg

When he retires he should look to become a stylist . Maybe get John McGlynn onboard as well . A sort of Jekyll and Hyde TV show where they both create a look for the contestants and the contestant has to choose which to go for 

image.png.011791d091b55d5f272ecebc27a12376.png

RobNox
On 29/04/2024 at 11:52, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thought Beni also looked pretty dapper, albeit in an outfit which, without trying to raise racial stereotypes, only a black guy carries off.  I thought the same maybe a decade ago at a similar event when Buaben and Gomis looked like the coolest dudes, yet I knew if I could go back to their age and attempt to wear what they were wearing, I'd look like a complete ***** white boy who was trying too hard but couldn't pull it off.