Beni - Signs until 2026 ( updated )

lou

lost in space
15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It’s all humour mate life’s too short to take things seriously on here. 👍

Personally I don’t think we need more from Beni, it’s those around him we need more from. I think with better players or at least players contributing more around him we really would see how much he brings to the team. You don’t see it, I can live with that. You’re wrong though. 😁

Actually, I do see it - but the reality is we do not have the players around Beni that would allow him to do just what he is very good at.  Because of this, I look for him to do more - because I believe he can.

Wrong? ME???? Well that's never happened before!!!😇

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Actually, I do see it - but the reality is we do not have the players around Beni that would allow him to do just what he is very good at.  Because of this, I look for him to do more - because I believe he can.

Wrong? ME???? Well that's never happened before!!!😇

I guess the danger is we lose what we get from him but trying to get him to do other things. 

All irrelevant anyway as thanks to god or family he’s pissing off at the end of the season. 

Ribble
9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I guess the danger is we lose what we get from him but trying to get him to do other things

All irrelevant anyway as thanks to god or family he’s pissing off at the end of the season. 

i'd say we didn't lose what he does well when he was doing more pre-injury

Jim Panzee
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Isnt it nice to have a massage with a happy ending??

FTFY

image.jpeg.131113065787d011e7a1edc84634860a.jpeg

lost in space
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

FTFY

👏 👏 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Either way, we are capable of finding a replacement seeing as the person(s) that identified Beni are still at the club.

Lets hope so

• 2 weeks later...
SectionN

Rumour in the Tynie Arms today was that he was close to signing. 

Not ITK just passing on boozer chat.

stevie1874
9 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Hopefully as I thought he was great today. 

One of his top performances, played like he was trying to impress. 

slashishere

Class player - I really hope he stays as his importance to the team should not be underestimated 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Beni was my MOTM today with Kingsley not far behind. Both carried the ball forward with more conviction than I have seen for a while and also used their close control to spin away from Dundee's pressing. Beni is class when he plays like today.

Jamb04life

Would be a massive signing for next season if he were to sign a contract 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Where is he going to go and better himself on footballing term's and play on the European stage next season if not us?

joondalupjambo

One of the best footballers we have seen in recent times for sure.  Sign him up👍

Harmonica
18 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Beni was my MOTM today with Kingsley not far behind. Both carried the ball forward with more conviction than I have seen for a while and also used their close control to spin away from Dundee's pressing. Beni is class when he plays like today.

+1

Today was him back to his best pre injury problems.  Would be great to get him signing.  Is it a coincidence it’s Cammy alongside him 🤔

PTBCAL

No one has come in for him as of yet. 

Two championship clubs looked at him in Jan. One of the clubs manager was sacked shortly after so that’s dead. 

Not sure who the other one was. 

Think we have finally offered a deal that maybe might keep him but personally I think it’s too late. 

He is a class player he really is 

GlasgoJambo
18 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Where is he going to go and better himself on footballing term's and play on the European stage next season if not us?

Would stroll it in Saudi. Wonder if he may do well in France too. 

Doubt it will be a bigger club than Hearts but definitely plenty who could pay more money.

Love the guy, seriously think one of the best players we’ve had in recent times. 

GlasgoJambo
19 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

One of the best footballers we have seen in recent times for sure.  Sign him up👍

yep

GBJambo
1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Hope so . We will be a weaker team if he leaves 

dallan

Today was his best game for quite some time, amazed at how quickly he finds himself in acres of space from being tightly marked.  Only down side for me today was 2 or 3 times there was a great forward  pass on and he didn't try it - possibly why he's still in here…

boag1874

When he’s on it like today very very few get close to him. Him, Barrie & Kingsley rolled it back to 2021 with their displays today, all at their best and head & shoulders above anyone else out there

GlasgoJambo
5 minutes ago, dallan said:

Today was his best game for quite some time, amazed at how quickly he finds himself in acres of space from being tightly marked.  Only down side for me today was 2 or 3 times there was a great forward  pass on and he didn't try it - possibly why he's still in here…

thought McGowan was the catalyst for all Dundee’s good play today and he had a decent game, always looking for space, always aware of what’s in and what’s around - BUT Beni really had him in his pocket.
He just tidies up everything with a drop of the shoulder, or a move off the standing foot - don’t think everyone realises what a sklll set that is. 

zeke1874

Love the guy. He's the silk and Devlin is the hammer! So composed and just has this amazing ability to turn with the ball and make space for himself and evade challenges. Expert at nicking the ball off players without thundering into tackles as well. Would love it if he signed a new contract. So important for Hearts to try and keep our best players and build a team. A good core of players who now been with us for 3 + seasons...mckay, cochrane, beni, Kingsley etc

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Would stroll it in Saudi. Wonder if he may do well in France too. 

Doubt it will be a bigger club than Hearts but definitely plenty who could pay more money.

Love the guy, seriously think one of the best players we’ve had in recent times. 

Yeah a slower league would suit him definitely 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, dallan said:

He will not try anything that loses possession, he can do it. 

Arthur Morgan

He has this incredible knack of winning the ball cleanly from the opposition, when it looks almost impossible 😅.

Mister T
On 02/05/2024 at 14:48, Jim Panzee said:

FTFY

I do like a Finbarr 😂

RobNox

You could see all his attributes today.  He consistently regains possession for us without diving in on challenges, he's very comfortable in possession when under pressure, can make space and time to pick a pass to a team mate rather than just try and get rid, he rarely gives the ball away.

His strengths are in that role, sitting in front of the defence.  I'm perfectly happy if that's all he does for the most part.  We do sometimes see him carry the ball up the field if space opens up for him, but by and large I'm happy for him to do his thing and give the ball to someone else who is more attack minded.

He's reminiscent of Morgaro Gomis in a lot of ways.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You could see all his attributes today.  He consistently regains possession for us without diving in on challenges, he's very comfortable in possession when under pressure, can make space and time to pick a pass to a team mate rather than just try and get rid, he rarely gives the ball away.

His strengths are in that role, sitting in front of the defence.  I'm perfectly happy if that's all he does for the most part.  We do sometimes see him carry the ball up the field if space opens up for him, but by and large I'm happy for him to do his thing and give the ball to someone else who is more attack minded.

I’m not sure the manager is happy enough with him not driving forward when the opportunity arises.

Lovecraft
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure the manager is happy enough with him not driving forward when the opportunity arises.

Isn't that why he has been focussing on Devlin?

Lovecraft
14 minutes ago, RobNox said:

He can also turn so quickly and leave the other players wondering where he went.

Lovecraft

He seems a wee bit more comfortable getting stuck in today.  A few more meatier challenges.

I hope he stays.  Great player, and one we will talk about for years if he leaves.

big-jambo
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He can also turn so quickly and leave the other players wondering where he went.

The amount of space he creates for himself with those turns is impressive. He makes it look easy when in fact in a congested midfield creating space like he does is no mean feat.

Lovecraft
1 minute ago, big-jambo said:

The amount of space he creates for himself with those turns is impressive. He makes it look easy when in fact in a congested midfield creating space like he does is no mean feat.

And his dribbling is immense.

I just don't understand how other people don't see this and moan about him not just bombing forward.

Lovecraft
4 minutes ago, big-jambo said:

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

jager man
Just now, jager man said:

Phenomenal player. Best sitting midfielder ever. FACT

For Hearts

Kennyfragg13

Would love beni and fuchs been our cdms, fuchs been out most of season with knee injury, but is going to be free agent in summer, it’s a no brainer if medical team were to pass it

Tynecastle Valhalla

Really hope he stays - top top player.

he has the chance to play in Europe again.

better players coming in.

more lucrative contract.

just needs to brave the Scottish weather for another couple of years maybe three.

if he extends and continues to play like this then european clubs will come in for him and hearts will make

money 

I have been very critical of him recently but he did seem to be back to his old self yesterday.

Ricardo Quaresma
25 minutes ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

Really hope he stays - top top player.

he has the chance to play in Europe again.

better players coming in.

more lucrative contract.

just needs to brave the Scottish weather for another couple of years maybe three.

if he extends and continues to play like this then european clubs will come in for him and hearts will make

money 

Would take 12-18 months more tbh

BackOfTheNet

No coincidence his return to fitness coincided with outlet upturn in form. If anything I think he’s actually underestimated in how important he is to us. I really hope he sticks to his promise to Savage that he’s going to make us some money, but I know loyalty in the game isn’t what it used to be. Signing him on a new deal for me is more important than signing Shankland on an extension (which is very important!)

GinRummy
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No coincidence his return to fitness coincided with outlet upturn in form. If anything I think he’s actually underestimated in how important he is to us. I really hope he sticks to his promise to Savage that he’s going to make us some money, but I know loyalty in the game isn’t what it used to be. Signing him on a new deal for me is more important than signing Shankland on an extension (which is very important!)

Beni, Shankland and Cochrane leaving in the same window is not what we need. Too much disruption at once which I’m sure Naismith won’t want. 

Edited by GinRummy

SectionN
Posted (edited)

EEN article speaking to Beni, As I said above I heard he was close to signing

Key line in the article for me,

“It’s going to be harder next year because teams will come for you but I think we can improve”

WE 😏

Edited by SectionN

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Beni, Shankland and Cochrane leaving in the same window is not what we need. Too much disruption at once which I’m sure Naismith won’t want. 

Exactly. Unless we have 05-06 level recruits coming in, it would be very hard to replicate what we’ve done this season. Especially with 6-8 European games at least being in the mix.

• davemclaren changed the title to Beni - Signs until 2026 ( updated )