The Positives From This Season

CaptainShanks

Scott980612
On 24/04/2024 at 18:39, Doc Rob said:

The Rosenborg victory hasn’t been as appreciated as it should have been. I genuinely think it’s our biggest ever European result over a two-legged tie. (Yes, I do know about Bayern, Athletico and Liverpool, but all of them knocked us out in the end). Rosenborg have been CL campaigners for years. They may not be at the very top table, but that was a tie most people would expect us to lose.

Other than that: amazing away form, and we’ve figured out how to play Celtic. Can we figure out how to play Rangers* now, please?

This. 

Absolutely brilliant European night at Tynecastle , a great victory over 2 legs 

dannymack

The opposite to positive is negative and with that we still have the latter hanging over our club like a heavy weight. 

Some fans will overall NEVER EVER be happy or positive.

Miserable B*st*r*s ! 

johnking123
On 24/04/2024 at 16:21, CaptainShanks said:

- Highest scorer in the league since Robbo.

- Most away wins in over 30 years.

- First win against Celtic in the league against Parkhead since 2007. 

- Four points away from highest points total since 05/06. 

- No goals conceded from a corner.

Please feel free to add as you like. 

The reality is this season will likely be remembered for years to come and as a benchmark for future success. 

Been a good  season . Away win against Killie to seal it early would be fantastic. Giving a coupe of youth players a chance is a plus too. Hopefully see a few more before end of season.

martoon

I've rarely read such an agreeable thread. So much positivity and all of it based on fact and solid foundations. No fantasy, wishful thinking and pipe dreams here.

Take note, any dotnut reading this.

The women's team has improved, too. It's been a very good season for Eva and her players. 

The Academy. Indeed I have argued the academy has been producing for years, but it feels like it has improved even again, particularly on the girls side. Lets hope a year from now we can talk about 2 more academy graduates that have had serious minutes. Denholm and Tait this year, A&B next year and so on. And hopefully chunky fees if any are snapped up to go higher in the football pyramid.

feedtheroman2

To whoever mentioned kebab pies, that is definitely a positive!

Others to note...

The victory over Rosenborg was pretty impressive. 

An increase in victories away from home (something that's caused us to lose so many points over the last few seasons).

Two semi finals in the Cup despite rolling over in the most recent game is indicative of our long term aspirations. 

Highest points threshold we've had in the league for x amount of years.

Two wins over Celtic!

Signing 'proven' talent from the same league as us I think is good business. 

Europe secured for next season netting us a minimum £5million and then some.

Off the pitch and we seem to be doing exceptionally well on the business front what with the hotel now up and running but also key people in key positions. 

Forrest

The fact that I feel there is lots of room for improvement - it seems that we've barely got out of third gear this season, and if we can get the key ingredients right that Naismith wants to see (eg Dhanda), it could be spectacular next season. 

jamboinglasgow
22 hours ago, FIGJAM said:

The Academy. Indeed I have argued the academy has been producing for years, but it feels like it has improved even again, particularly on the girls side. Lets hope a year from now we can talk about 2 more academy graduates that have had serious minutes. Denholm and Tait this year, A&B next year and so on. And hopefully chunky fees if any are snapped up to go higher in the football pyramid.

A lot already said but I wanted to highlight this as well. Tait and Denholm between them have 34 competitive appearances this season (and almost 1000 minutes), their first seasons in the first team of Hearts. They have also been trusted in important games. So to me it demonstrates who views youngsters as someone who can improve a team. The development of the B team this season has shown the benefit of our way of developing them.

Reading Naismith's comments from his press conference yesterday, I do think he will be giving more youngsters chances as he spoke how there is a bit more freedom in the last 5 games if third is already wrapped up and he will rest any players who have niggles to allow them to recover. So opens up opportunities.

This season for me is laying the groundwork on how we want to progress under Naismith, especially with youngsters. Where expectations are set, they are getting experience of first team training and have a clear goal to push for.

8 hours ago, Forrest said:

The fact that I feel there is lots of room for improvement - it seems that we've barely got out of third gear this season, and if we can get the key ingredients right that Naismith wants to see (eg Dhanda), it could be spectacular next season. 

I would agree with this. This season we have been effective without being too exciting (in our style.)

I do think we will see our style improve next season as Naismith is evolving how we play. The signings already made have demonstrated that. I am looking forward to next season.

i8hibsh

Beni being back

Winning over 50% of our games

The fans

Shankland

Gordon recovering well

The hotel

Naismith getting better

The Hoff

Getting to Europe again

been here before
31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Surprised they haven't deleted that yet. 😄

Aye.

There must be a way we could keep it in our classics though, surely?

Some sort of sub-section for .nugget belters. Hear Me Out, their Hamilton play off thread, the relegation party...

ritchcook

At the start of the season, I would have definatley taken 3rd with anything else being a bonus ie Semi and the Rosenburg games / trip. We all need to remember we are a club on the up with loads of opportunity. I'm excited about next season and hopfully get to see some of the young players get a run out over the next couple of weeks.  

davemclaren
6 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye.

There must be a way we could keep it in our classics though, surely?

Some sort of sub-section for .nugget belters. Hear Me Out, their Hamilton play off thread, the relegation party...

Worth thinking about. 😄

been here before
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Worth thinking about. 😄

The J-O-S Files.

tiger Rudi

Positive for me is we appear to have learnt a lesson from last season. Our poor start was down to lots of new/young players still finding their feet and then came the poor signings in January. (Snodgrass and Kuol) 

We have already signed 3 SPL experienced players who will strengthen us. No major squad overhaul required in the summer and one or two more good additions should see us start better. 

Naismith appears to be a manager that's going to keep striving to close the gap. He knows where we need strengthened. Has instilled a much improved mentality in the team and as a result, our away record is the best I've ever witnessed following Hearts. 

Home and away wins against Celtic were magnificent. An improvement against Rangers is required but beating them at home before the season ends would be a fitting way to complete a wonderful season! 

Section Q
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Surprised they haven't deleted that yet. 😄

Solid Gold.......

Page 1 of 3 1 23 Last
King Cosell 12:14 AM 02-02-2024
Right, hear me out. The gap is 16pts, we don't lose any ground over the next 3 games, Hearts have got Rangers (a) & Celtic (h) either side of the derby, if we can beat them it could be 3 straight defeats for them. We've got Dundee (h) & Ross County (h), then our game in hand against Ross County (a).

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

The momentum is now with us, with 9 games remaining, and the last derby's at ER.

BehindYou

Said this on another thread but fits here..

Credit where it’s due is correct, I’ve had a quick 2 minute look at kickback tonight and just want to remind people how new Naismith is to senior management how well we have done under him. 3rd comfortably, Europe for the 3rd season in a row for the first time ever. Beating Celtic twice in a season without conceding, most away wins for many years. Lost two semis but to a team with a silly budget, we are there competing and pushing on again. There have been worse times to be a hearts fan and next season will be even better. 

HHGH

alicante jambo
6 hours ago, Section Q said:

Solid Gold.......

Page 1 of 3 1 23 Last
King Cosell 12:14 AM 02-02-2024
Right, hear me out. The gap is 16pts, we don't lose any ground over the next 3 games, Hearts have got Rangers (a) & Celtic (h) either side of the derby, if we can beat them it could be 3 straight defeats for them. We've got Dundee (h) & Ross County (h), then our game in hand against Ross County (a).

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

The momentum is now with us, with 9 games remaining, and the last derby's at ER.

Fecking amazing that they could even come out with that. Must be a jambo taking the piss surely?

bringonthesevco

A few people have commented on this but one of the big pluses for me is that we’ve developed a habit of winning games without playing great - we’ve missed this for years - the uglies do it well picking up wins even when playing poorly .

Add in some flair and creativity next year Dhanda and Spittal and I suspect a couple of surprises and things look great !

the emerging youth players should help us with the demands of playing EIGHT games in Europe as well !!