The Mount Florida end

neilnunb

Jambo in Japan

The club's supporter info did encourage fans to use public transport and to go to King's Park station. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/supporter-information-rangers-vs-hearts-2 

It says that there would be extra trains running from King's Park but that wasn't the case, and has never been the case as far as I'm aware. Trains are every 30 mins on a Sunday, but I think they were running extra out of Mount Florida to clear the crowds first, meaning those at King's Park either waited best part of an hour or just walked back into town :lol:.

Just one policeman stood in the station underpass refusing to let people up onto the platform. Not sure why, but all came across as poor organisation. Up on the platform when people asked platform staff why there were no trains, he told them all that they should have gone to Mount Florida, trains are never segregated and you shouldn't trust advice from the club, the SFA or ScotRail :lol: Which went down well!

People concluded they'd just drive next time. Bad environmentally and shows people's lack of faith in public transport. Always used Mount Florida for Scotland games and it's perfectly well serviced. Hampden is easy to get to, but an adult return from Central Edinburgh is £19, which is an absolute farce and part of the problem.

I appreciate people had no problems among the Rangers crowds but I can sympathise with those who wanted to avoid them. ScotRail are perfectly capable of running trains to two different stations on two different lines, they just chose not to. I doubt they'll as casually mix fans for the final.

Don't blame the club for their supporter info, but whoever passed on advice that fans should go to King's Park was wrong, whether that be ScotRail or the SFA or whoever

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

What transport links do folk want? I agree, the stadium is crap.

It's 3 trains for me (Fife). Murrayfield is likely significantly easier for majority of Scotland if you're going via public transport.

4 hours ago, Sir PH said:

What transport links do folk want? I agree, the stadium is crap.

a short walk to a large centrally located station with bus and tram / underground links would be a good start . Its got a couple of shit tiny stations on a stix line and if you are from anywhere outside of Strathclyde or West Lothian it is utterly crap 

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

a short walk to a large centrally located station with bus and tram / underground links would be a good start . Its got a couple of shit tiny stations on a stix line and if you are from anywhere outside of Strathclyde or West Lothian it is utterly crap 

You can walk on to Cathcart Road and get a bus or taxi back into town, or even walk it (I know it's a bit of a trek). There's also the option of going for a pint (if you don't have kids with you) and letting the train queue go down. I know Hampden isn't perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as folk make out. And if there's 50,000 people exiting a stadium at the same time, there's always going to be queues. 

OmiyaHearts

There's a 15/20 min train schedule from central, that gets you there in 10 min. Plus they put more on when there's games.

Nine bus services from city centre, that get you there in 20 min: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7A, 38, 38E & 57 - they all run almost every ten minutes.

I guess it's a case, if you say a lie enough times, people eventually take it as fact.

*Edit, only 9 bus services, not 10.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You can walk on to Cathcart Road and get a bus or taxi back into town, or even walk it (I know it's a bit of a trek). There's also the option of going for a pint (if you don't have kids with you) and letting the train queue go down. I know Hampden isn't perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as folk make out. And if there's 50,000 people exiting a stadium at the same time, there's always going to be queues. 

It is a trek . A trek I took many a time . Really not keen to do it again because it is such a trek and once I get back to Edinburgh I still need to get back to Midlothian after that . Thats if I dont want to have a couple of drinks and a laugh with mates for an hour or two as well . Murrayfield just as an example has many busy stops and a tram stop and is a short walk to the second biggest station in Edinburgh 

Hampden is a total chore 

MR INCREDIBLE

If we had won and played the other arsecheek I take it we would have been in the same end as the semi as it is (easier) to travel to from Edinburgh!!!

Of course we wouldn’t but we need our board or the media to call out this farce!!!!

Percival King
58 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We decided to walk back into town on Sunday, up Aitkenhead Road then Cathcart Road, took 50 minutes, got the 6pm train, off at Haymarket, onto a bus and back home just after 7pm, never got home so quickly from a full Hampden.