The Mount Florida end

neilnunb

neilnunb

Nevermind fighting for the 50/50 split. It's time to demand that end when we  play Rangers.

The police/Scotrail were happy to let the trains terminate at MF so we had to mingle with the Rangers fans and could get to the North Stand by walking by them, so what's the issue? Car/bus traffic? 

Still never seen us win from the East end (not counting Gretna when we had 4/5ths of the ground).

Sick of it. 🖕

Gordon_1874
26 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Nevermind fighting for the 50/50 split. It's time to demand that end when we  play Rangers.

The police/Scotrail were happy to let the trains terminate at MF so we had to mingle with the Rangers fans and could get to the North Stand by walking by them, so what's the issue? Car/bus traffic? 

Still never seen us win from the East end (not counting Gretna when we had 4/5ths of the ground).

Sick of it. 🖕

Don't remind me of that league cup final against St Mirren ffs 🤦‍♀️

Pasquale for King

Much harder to get away from the Rangers end,but it should be a toss of the coin or one end being the home end when the uglies aren’t playing each other. 
Just another reason Scottish football is a backwater run for the benefit of two teams, run by weegie ***** for weegie *****. 

It is just a shite stadium in a shite part of a shite city with shite transport links 

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is just a shite stadium in a shite part of a shite city with shite transport links 

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Sick of it. 🖕

It certainly blows apart the safety argument. 

I hope that someone is preparing a pretty robust argument. 

Its just one side of the ground, it shouldn't matter but the fact that Rangers/Celtic have their end and the rest of us just have to accept that is ridiculous. 

Edited by OTT

Did STV do much on the build up to the game ? Do we not have a Hearts fan in that tinpot weegie farce of an organisation 

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Very well said 👍

gordon simpson
25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

and that is its good points 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Much harder to get away from the Rangers end,but it should be a toss of the coin or one end being the home end when the uglies aren’t playing each other. 
Just another reason Scottish football is a backwater run for the benefit of two teams, run by weegie ***** for weegie *****. 

Not strictly true. We arrived via the The Rangers end (having been in 90% The Rangers establishment) and departed that way also.

Guess what? All the bluenoses we encountered were good types, chatty, and helpful.

Got to GW Central from Mt Florida for the 17:30 to EH. No problems whatsoever. No aggro, no issues ... just normal football fans making their way home.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

:spoton: 

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

:spoton: 

How’s it going you ? Need to meet up before the next home game 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How’s it going you ? Need to meet up before the next home game 

I did actually see you today out the back of F. You were across the plaza so too far to shout, and looked like a man on a mission, who could blame you. ;) 

Having a beer and reflecting on a frustrating day at Hampden. Cheers to you and yours mate.

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

giphy.gif

Seriously though, its never a good look that two sides in Scotland get a certain end of the National ground whenever they play at it in any competition. It automatically shows favouritism. 

Batistuta87

The debate has been done on here over and over. It'll never change. 

What should change is that Hampden as our national stadium should be scrapped and relocated. It's an absolutely horrible place to try to get to. 

Jamie86
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Don't know how many times we said that today. Either stay in Glasgow centre for a pint then scramble for a train later or get an early train and sit in a pub when you arrive. 15 minute walk from a train station, no direct trains outwith Glasgow Central, not enough pubs, not enough parking round about, no fanzone, nothing to make a day of it near the stadium. I hate hampden, as much as it's given me memories to take to the grave

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

What should change is that Hampden as our national stadium should be scrapped and relocated. It's an absolutely horrible place to try to get to. 

It's really not. My train took 15 minutes from Glasgow Central on the way there, no queues whatsoever. After the game, the train didn't stop at any stations and we were back in Central for 5.15.

Seaside Dave
8 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not strictly true. We arrived via the The Rangers end (having been in 90% The Rangers establishment) and departed that way also.

Guess what? All the bluenoses we encountered were good types, chatty, and helpful.

Got to GW Central from Mt Florida for the 17:30 to EH. No problems whatsoever. No aggro, no issues ... just normal football fans making their way home.

I was the same. Was sitting in the airport for 5.50 

8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Despite the distance to the pitch Murryfield would be much better. Hampden is old and poorly designed. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

It's really not. My train took 15 minutes from Glasgow Central on the way there, no queues whatsoever. After the game, the train didn't stop at any stations and we were back in Central for 5.15.

It usually is. I've gone by train before and everyone was herded into an area that was too small to get from Central to MF, then on the way back the trains were 3-4 carriages at a time meaning about 4 trains went through before everyone got on. Took us an hour and a half to get from Hampden back to Central. We'd have been quicker walking. 

As for driving. It's taken me anything between an hour (probably the norm) and 2.5hr to get home depending on parking and traffic. At a concert at night it was even worse and it took us an hour and 40 minutes to get from Asda to the Gulf petrol station. 

It's just too built up around it. 

1 hour ago, IMac said:

Despite the distance to the pitch Murryfield would be much better. Hampden is old and poorly designed. 

Don't think Murrayfield is the answer either. Not enough parking nearby and again for drivers at least it involves getting through some really busy areas.

If I was building a new national stadium it would be around Edinburgh Park, with its own train station, it's own tram stop, and it's own car park.

boag1874

Wont ever change. That side’s closer to Rangers boozers so they’ll be in that end because it’s easier for the police to deal with, likewise with Celtic at the other end.

It’s also a complete non factor outside of some fans heads, the only real effect it has for us is the fact the train station is a bit further a walk on the Kings Park side.

It’s a shite stadium in a shite location regardless of where you sit.

Jack Torrance

Think I prefer the end we were in yesterday. If you can have a favourite for the dump.

Would like to see them helping the buses exit from the car park behind the east stand though. Always been a nightmare. 

John Findlay

Hampden has and never will be a neutral venue for Scottish football.

Hectormasson
17 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Sick of it. 🖕

ditto...

Boghell51

Didn't help trains on Bathgate line being cancelled, ended up taking car, always been to hampden on supporters bus. Never really took in the surroundings so was bit of challenge but ended up parking in Kings Park which for Glasgow was ok and easy to get back to M8. Next time it will be back on the bus though.

neilnunb
1 hour ago, been here before said:

We'd have won yesterday if we'd had the west stand.

Haha well I'm just glad the 98 final was at Celtic Park.

😛

luckydug
9 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Own up you left at HT.

At full time there is usually queues about a 100 yards long for these trains.

Certainly not the preferred route when Hearts fans are at the East end of the stadium.

Just now, luckydug said:

Own up you left at HT.

At full time there is usually queues about a 100 yards long for these trains.

Certainly not the preferred route when Hearts fans are at the East end of the stadium.

I left bang on 85 minutes and walked to Mount Florida with plenty of other Hearts fans. There was no queue and a train was sitting waiting. There was no stops between MF and Glasgow Central and I was sitting with a pint in my hand in a pub on Hope Street at 5.15.

luckydug
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I left bang on 85 minutes and walked to Mount Florida with plenty of other Hearts fans. There was no queue and a train was sitting waiting. There was no stops between MF and Glasgow Central and I was sitting with a pint in my hand in a pub on Hope Street at 5.15.

I knew you had left early if you'd waited till full time you wouldn't even be out of MF for 5:15.

Hibs semi final we waited for 45 minutes for a train and there were thousands of Hearts fans queing for trains.

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I knew you had left early if you'd waited till full time you wouldn't even be out of MF for 5:15.

Hibs semi final we waited for 45 minutes for a train and there were thousands of Hearts fans queing for trains.

I go for a pint and let the queue die down if I stay until the end. I know this isn't an option for everyone who might have young kids with them.

I've never done the train to Hampden, but is there not a train station at the other end of the ground, near Toryglen?

luckydug

The number 75 bus is the best option for us when we are heading to the East end of Hampden.

takes you right right there.

42 minutes ago, Bender said:

I've never done the train to Hampden, but is there not a train station at the other end of the ground, near Toryglen?

Aye, Kings Park.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Similar to us . We nearly flew Back to Edinburgh . Was back by 630 

20 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Aye, Kings Park.

So if someone was worried about mingling with opposition supporters, they could've made their way to a different train station? Hm.

14 minutes ago, Bender said:

So if someone was worried about mingling with opposition supporters, they could've made their way to a different train station? Hm.

Yes.

frankblack
23 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No need to toss a coin.  Give it to first team out the hat.  In this case that wasn't us though.

Why do you think we got the end we did against Celtic at murrayfield ? 

logistically it makes sense the police will have a massive say in it 

nothing hearts say will make a difference. 

heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Why do you think we got the end we did against Celtic at murrayfield ? 

logistically it makes sense the police will have a massive say in it 

nothing hearts say will make a difference. 

Sadly this.

I parked up near Kings Park Station yesterday at 2pm and walked to the ground. I probably saw less than 10 Rangers fans on the way.

We left the ground 2 mins before full-time and probably saw another 4-5 Rangers fans on the way back.

The layout of Hampden does favour "busy" semi finals like yesterday.

Philfigo
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Sadly this.

I parked up near Kings Park Station yesterday at 2pm and walked to the ground. I probably saw less than 10 Rangers fans on the way.

We left the ground 2 mins before full-time and probably saw another 4-5 Rangers fans on the way back.

The layout of Hampden does favour "busy" semi finals like yesterday.

Exactly the same for me had a 20min walk to Hampden from Bankhead Primary School and never saw one Rangers fan going or leaving even once in car. To be honest the east side suits better for travel from the east and no crossing over of supporters. Any time we have had the west its been a nightmare getting away after games.

Jambo-Fox

Having used Mount Florida station this time vs Kings Park last final in 2022 (first & only time I’ve used KP) I’ll always 

use Mount Florida station in future. 

Reason(s):-

♥️there are more trains to / from Mount Florida 

♥️ trains from Kings Park run approximately every 30 minutes (totally unacceptable for fast transportation of a large East End support) 

♥️ Mount Florida can process more travellers per minute (hour etc) than Kings Park

♥️ Mount Florida is a shorter walk to Hampden than Kings Park

And for what it’s worth I never encountered any obnoxious Rangers supporters! However some Hearts supporters on the 8pm Queen Street to Edinburgh were rather childish & silly which was funny until homophobic and sectarian singing etc started

Edited by Jambo-Fox

OmiyaHearts

I see the shite transport links myth being peddled for Hampden earlier in the thread. Piss stadium but very easy to get to.

Mount Florida is also a fantastic place to live. Stayed there for 7 years.

Harry Potter
On 21/04/2024 at 19:27, Gordon_1874 said:

Don't remind me of that league cup final against St Mirren ffs 🤦‍♀️

Got my DMs covered in mud that day on the way in , joke.😕.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I see the shite transport links myth being peddled for Hampden earlier in the thread. Piss stadium but very easy to get to.

Mount Florida is also a fantastic place to live. Stayed there for 7 years.

Yep, it's an utter myth.

If you've got 50,000+ people all arriving and leaving the same place at roughly the same time, it's going to be busy.

Skye1874
On 21/04/2024 at 21:09, Sooks said:

Can’t agree more.