PFA Team Of The Year announced

Opinionated Jambo

copa-mundial

Kent has been far better than Scales this season. 

As always though, it's an old firm love in. Nothing much changes.

I posted up last week about being bitterly disappointed should Shankland not win the player of the year award. 

Going by the team, it looks like it'll be a two way battle between McGregor and Tavernier 🙈

Edited by copa-mundial

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

What are people’s thoughts?

IMG_0278.jpeg

But but where are all the Hobbits flair players. 

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

I posted up last week about being bitterly disappointed should Shankland not win the player of the year award. 

Going by the team, it looks like it'll be a two way battle between McGregor and Tavernier 🙈

Scales is a ****ing bombscare 

Skye1874
3 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Have to agree it’s this. Kent definitely deserves to be in instead of scales. Carter Vickers was out for a large spell too. think mcgregor just automatically gets a slot where there have been other players in the league more deserving 

Felix Lighter
4 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Shankland has been the outstanding player in Scotland by a distance. OF supporting players will vote for their man though and if so the award should be binned as a farce. Shanks is a shoe in for the writers award.

I think my TOS would be:

Butland

Tavernier Kent Carter-Vickers Beck

O'Riley McGregor 

Dhanda

Armstrong Shankland McCowan

Reasoning for Kent is that quite simply, he's carried our defence. Goldson gets away regularly with playing basketball in his own box which isn't a mark of a careful defender. I can't think of another CB that has handled the ball as much as him and managed to get away with being penalised. Its verging on a weekly event. 

Dhanda has been a stand out for County and is responsible for them not being relegated :lol: He's won them massive points against a fair few teams. 

Armstrong & McCowan both stand outs for their respective teams. 

Shankland is better than Miovski and Bair, I'm not playing strikers as wingers just to get them in. 

alicante jambo

Do you think cochrane has stood out this season? Beck has with dundee totally transformed them when he played. Cochrane has done ok this season nothing more. Few good games few bad.

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Do you think cochrane has stood out this season? Beck has with dundee totally transformed them when he played. Cochrane has done ok this season nothing more. Few good games few bad.

Agree - Cochrane has done fine, but Beck is on another level. 

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think my TOS would be:

Butland

O'Riley McGregor 

Dhanda

Reasoning for Kent is that quite simply, he's carried our defence. Goldson gets away regularly with playing basketball in his own box which isn't a mark of a careful defender. I can't think of another CB that has handled the ball as much as him and managed to get away with being penalised. Its verging on a weekly event. 

Dhanda has been a stand out for County and is responsible for them not being relegated :lol: He's won them massive points against a fair few teams. 

Shankland is better than Miovski and Bair, I'm not playing strikers as wingers just to get them in. 

Armstrong should be in that team.

alicante jambo
Just now, OTT said:

Agree - Cochrane has done fine, but Beck is on another level. 

How old is beck btw?

Armstrong should be in that team.

Yeah, a shambles he isn't!!

TBH I think there is a reasonable arguement for Zander or Mitov - neither GK has as good a team in front of him as Butland does. I think its too easy to throw in OF players by virtue of being OF players. 

How old is beck btw?

21 - I actually thought he was younger tbh. 

Diadora Van Basten

Carter Vickers has been injured half the season and Scales is bang average.

Miovski has been honking for months and Bair just coming onto a game recently.

Think Danny Armstrong of Kilmarnock should be in the team and also in the Scotland team.

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Carter Vickers has been injured half the season and Scales is bang average.

Miovski has been honking for months and Bair just coming onto a game recently.

Think Danny Armstrong of Kilmarnock should be in the team and also in the Scotland team.

Given we don't have a RWB and he's been playing right in a 352 I think he absolutely should be in the Scotland squad. 

alicante jambo
Just now, OTT said:

21 - I actually thought he was younger tbh. 

Mm so did i. The boys got class and you can see that. Might be out of the reach of all scottish clubs unless its a loan.No sure what liverpool think of him for the futire.

Mm so did i. The boys got class and you can see that. Might be out of the reach of all scottish clubs unless its a loan.No sure what liverpool think of him for the futire.

I'm always a bit mehh when English clubs loan Scottish clubs youngsters, since so few end up being retained. Maddison at Aberdeen was the only real success story I can think of?

I think given Beck has done so well, Liverpool will likely look to retain for a wee bit longer. A player to keep an eye on though. If he has an underwhelming loan spell at his next club, I'd hope we'd be all over him like a rash. Cochrane was a shrewd buy for us, so hopefully we are keeping an eye on these kinds of fringe EPL youngsters that have the talent to play here. 

5 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Rangers fans hate tav and lunstrum right now too 😂

I wonder if they've ever considered that the reason they've ****ed the league is because the refs have been constantly giving them a helping hand with dodgy penalty calls all season? They just aren't as good as Celtic have been. 

I mean if you strip out the dodgy calls, I think they drop a significant number of points. 

Ricardo Quaresma
45 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Kent has been far better than Scales this season

This; poor midfield too; close thread

tian447
33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

PFA is voted by players. 

Don't Hibs have about 400 players on their books? 

Surely they could have swung the vote to have Wiggy or faux-hardman Newell in there? 

colinmaroon
33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

PFA is voted by players. 

And high % of players are Uglies.

jbee647

These things are nothing more than old firm popularity contests, i am genuinely surprised Shankland is included in the team of the year

He won’t win the players player award, Tavernier or O’Riley will win that.

Obviously Shankland should win it but an old firm player will win the stacked popularity contest 

i wish jj was my dad

I'd say there is a strong case for Zander, Kent, Armstrong and McCowan. 

I'm surprised Beaton doesn't appear!

King of the North
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think my TOS would be:

Butland

O'Riley McGregor 

Dhanda

That should be our front 4 next season btw

hearts00

Beck looks a tremendous talent but has played less than half the season. 

Carter Vickers is the best CH in the league but has played less than half the season.  

Scales, are you kidding me on?

Lundstrum? Rangers fans furious at him right now. 

55 minutes ago, King of the North said:

That should be our front 4 next season btw

If only 😍

vegas-voss
2 hours ago, Skye1874 said:

Have to agree it’s this. Kent definitely deserves to be in instead of scales. Carter Vickers was out for a large spell too. think mcgregor just automatically gets a slot where there have been other players in the league more deserving 

They were going to give McGregor poty before the injury and then moved onto O'Reilly who has been largely shite since January window.Im maybe biased of course but I think the only clear candidate is Shankland for poty.

Thats a ****ing stonewaller 🤣

Wrong thread but point stands.

Edited by DS98

Mikey1874
34 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Thats a ****ing stonewaller 🤣

Wrong thread but point stands.

It's the right thread. Liam Scales must be the worst central defender in Scotland. 

LarrysRightFoot

How many games has Beck actually played? 

Uncle Buck

Centre halves should be Kent and either Mayo/Findlay. McCowan and Armstrong should definitely be in too. They don’t play for the Old Firm though.

Uncle Buck
6 hours ago, Tenor said:

Cochrane’s better than Beck, FFS!

Nah. They’ve probably been the best two left backs in the league this year but I could see Beck being Andy Robertson’s long term replacement.

Der Kaiser

Swap Scales and Lundstram for Kent and Armstrong and it looks more realistic.

soonbe110
6 hours ago, Tenor said:

Cochrane’s better than Beck, FFS!

Beck has been outstanding when I have watched him. 

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

How many games has Beck actually played? 

25 games, all starts 

2 goals, 4 assists

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not worth paper written on, evidenced within hours 

8 hours ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

What are people’s thoughts?

IMG_0278.jpeg

:rofl: Scales is horrific 

IMG_6839.jpeg