Hearts Summer 24 Transfers - Harry Stone joins Ayr on loan

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I hope so. His free kicks can be very pleasing. He’s definitely dependable. Reminds me a bit like Gary MacKay. 

He's a far better footballer than Gary Mackay. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• OTT

db211833
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye Naismith could also be a total prick to his opponents on the pitch though haha. And he would probably admit that himself. Not saying he did or didn't say anything of course - I've absolutely no idea. Seems too far even for the football pitch and as you say he is a decent human. 

Total shite I would imagine. Like the myth they made up on .net that farmer paid the lady haig money we owed. Just complete fantasy stuff.

Ricardo Quaresma
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cyx6299d4d0o

QPR extend Jimmy Dunne's contract

He'll be moving to a better club soon, I reckon; they're just protecting themselves with a new contract and big wage as we should be doing for some of ours

RIP Jimmy Dunne's move to the JamTarts, for a good while 😔

Oh, and **** you marty! :smuggy:

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Added 'big'

johnking123
6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He'll be moving to a better club soon, I reckon; they're just protecting themselves with a new contract and big wage as we should be doing for some of ours

RIP Jimmy Dunne's move to the JamTarts, for a good while 😔

Oh, and **** you marty! :smuggy:

-

Off to Blackburn 

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Spoke to Alex up vogrie park walking his dugs. Absolutely loves it here.

He and his Mrs love living in Edinburgh supposedly. A mate of mine works beside her and she's got a decent job and a group of close pals up here. Pregnant, too. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Carl Fredrickson
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He and his Mrs love living in Edinburgh supposedly. A mate of mine works beside her and she's got a decent job and a group of close pals up here. Pregnant, too. 

I am sure he lives in the new houses up at Birkenside in Gorebridge. Seen him in our local CO-OP but didnt talk to him, allowing him his privacy. Friends met him at the Stobsmill Inn when he was having a meal with his partner and said he was very approachable and loves the area.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I am sure he lives in the new houses up at Birkenside in Gorebridge. Seen him in our local CO-OP but didnt talk to him, allowing him his privacy. Friends met him at the Stobsmill Inn when he was having a meal with his partner and said he was very approachable and loves the area.

👍🏻👍🏻

Daveandal
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sounds like he has a big decision to make. Stay with us, have a good career while settled with him family or gamble and move to the unknown but potentially set yourself up for life.

It's not am easy decision and might be his only chance at a substantial contract.

Ricardo Quaresma
18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Why no new contract then? Wanting a move to the mighty sheep? 🤣

Threedoorsdown

I think the club are happy to cash in on Alex this summer tbh.

Decent player and English nationality = £

41 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Sounds like he has a big decision to make. Stay with us, have a good career while settled with him family or gamble and move to the unknown but potentially set yourself up for life.

It's not am easy decision and might be his only chance at a substantial contract.

With us having Penrice in the door, I thought his decision had been made?

Bit of an awkward one! 

Maiden Gorgie
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

One of each of a modern day Fuller , Salvatori and Pinilla please Steve and Joe 

A cheeky wee Bruno wouldn't go amiss if we're being greedy. Aguiar or Pascquale? Both please.

iainmac
On 06/05/2024 at 10:46, Batistuta87 said:

I have heard of him, as he's a distant relative! :D 

Only really watched him against us and I think the other game I watched of theirs was maybe Dundee Utd? Can't say he stood out but those are some unreal stats so he's got to be worth a look. 

Watched him in the play off vs Thistle. Played the 90m but didn't really stand out but that's only one game. Similar playing style to Macaulay Tait IMO.

Another chance to watch him tomorrow. 

iainmac
On 06/05/2024 at 23:14, Watt-Zeefuik said:

He's an SPFL player named Walker, we need to be signing him!

His name is McMaster. Walker is the guy tweeting his stats! 👍

ShedBoy
55 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

I don’t know where all this Cochrane's leaving chat is coming from? Like I said he loves the place, plays almost every minute, is about to travel Europe playing fitba’ once again. I heard Hearts wanted to sell him in January but he politely refused. We don’t need to cash in on the lad, and the more pros we have like him the better I say 👍🏻

jr ewing
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I remember Drew McMaster.

sirwalter
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He's a far better footballer than Gary Mackay. 

I'm a big fan of Kingsley, but "a far better footballer than Gary Mackay"? That would be Gary Mackay Hearts' record appearance holder, a key player in the Scotland youth team which WON a European championship and the man who made the team of 1985-6 tick?  

andrew
13 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I don’t know where all this Cochrane's leaving chat is coming from? Like I said he loves the place, plays almost every minute, is about to travel Europe playing fitba’ once again. I heard Hearts wanted to sell him in January but he politely refused. We don’t need to cash in on the lad, and the more pros we have like him the better I say 👍🏻

Something doesn't add up then, he seems to love it up here but according to Donkey, he has no interest in signing a new deal.

If he wants to stay he should sign a new contract.  We're not going to let one of our most valuable player walk for free in 12 months if we can help it, especially after what happened with Souttar, Gino and now Beni.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, sirwalter said:

I'm a big fan of Kingsley, but "a far better footballer than Gary Mackay"? That would be Gary Mackay Hearts' record appearance holder, a key player in the Scotland youth team which WON a European championship and the man who made the team of 1985-6 tick?  

Yep, that Gary Mackay. 

15 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I think our recruitment of Penrice many thought signalled that we'd be selling Cochrane in the summer. 

If the laddie won't sign an extension, then I think we're quite right to sell him. We need to be turning these investments into young players into meaningful player sales. 

35 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

A cheeky wee Bruno wouldn't go amiss if we're being greedy. Aguiar or Pascquale? Both please.

Pasquale Bruno wouldn't last to half time in VAR football, sadly.

sirwalter
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, that Gary Mackay. 

Oh to have a 1980s Gary in our present squad.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Why no new contract then? Wanting a move to the mighty sheep? 🤣

Another one with another year left, but hopefully we can get them round the table and get some paperwork signed before the end of the year. 

Batistuta87
36 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Dean McMaster. He looks very good and I would be surprised if we weren't keeping an eye on him. Remember how good Kyle Turner looked in the Championship though. We wanted him signed and now look at him. Can't get a game for Ross County and loaned back to the Championship. 

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Dean McMaster. He looks very good and I would be surprised if we weren't keeping an eye on him. Remember how good Kyle Turner looked in the Championship though. We wanted him signed and now look at him. Can't get a game for Ross County and loaned back to the Championship. 

I’m sure Naismith and McCabe are quite friendly, hopefully if there’s any players worth keeping an eye on at Airdrie those good relations help. 

soonbe110

Another one with another year left, but hopefully we can get them round the table and get some paperwork signed before the end of the year. 

Once they are offered an extension and knock it back it’s time to sell otherwise we have  Souttar after Souttar afte Souttar 

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yes, like Rowles, not the finished article yet so not going to get a prime price yet 👍

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Once they are offered an extension and knock it back it’s time to sell otherwise we have  Souttar after Souttar afte Souttar 

You would sell everyone

Pistol1874
30 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Saw the ‘far better footballer than Mackay’ post and wondered who was being referred to, assuming they weren’t at the club.

I like Kingsley a lot and think he should be in Germany for his versatility, but imagine my surprise. 

Bazzas right boot
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You would sell everyone

If they're  not going  to extend and going to leave for nothing,  then selling before that happens is sensible. 

It will be part of our business model. 

Letting  players run down their contracts and leave for nothing is probably the opposite of what the club wants.

Most fans as well I'd  suspect.

Not sure that should be a surprise.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

SMJ_1874

Don’t know why we don’t insert a one year extended clause in our contracts when we offer 3 year deals. If they don’t sign then we can trigger the clause to give us another year. We did it with Canmy and should’ve done it with Gino, Beni, Shanks and Cochrane imo 

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’m sure Naismith and McCabe are quite friendly, hopefully if there’s any players worth keeping an eye on at Airdrie those good relations help. 

Yup. Naismith was a big player at Rangers when McCabe broke through so might even have mentored him for a bit. Assuming they're pals because they've been talking each other up in the press. 

Edited by Batistuta87

10 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Don’t know why we don’t insert a one year extended clause in our contracts when we offer 3 year deals. If they don’t sign then we can trigger the clause to give us another year. We did it with Canmy and should’ve done it with Gino, Beni, Shanks and Cochrane imo 

We probably tried. But those contracts are effectively four year deals where the club has the option to cancel the last year if they want. That’s a heavy power balance in favour of the club. 

Probably easier to get a kid from the A League who’s desperate to play in Europe to agree to it, as opposed to two players from the Premiership and one who’d previously been transferred for a million quid. 

Id suggest it’s more likely their agents told us to bolt than we forgot it was a thing we could do. 

SMJ_1874
7 minutes ago, CMc said:

We probably tried. But those contracts are effectively four year deals where the club has the option to cancel the last year if they want. That’s a heavy power balance in favour of the club. 

Probably easier to get a kid from the A League who’s desperate to play in Europe to agree to it, as opposed to two players from the Premiership and one who’d previously been transferred for a million quid. 

Id suggest it’s more likely their agents told us to bolt than we forgot it was a thing we could do. 

Yes you’re probably correct. I guess we’ll never know but it sounds very plausible. 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

:jj_facepalm:

Oops

Carter
3 hours ago, sirwalter said:

Gary was a very good player.

soonbe110
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You would sell everyone

Rather than letting them run their contracts down, yes I would. The only area of club operations still to be fixed is contract management and player sales income. Unfortunately where we are in the footballing structure makes player sales a significant factor going forward. It’s the only reason clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen have been able to compete with us over last 2/3 years  Lots of fish in the sea. 

Maybe Cochrane is holding out to see how the Shankland situation plays out.

I would offer him an extension in the summer with a wage bump and tie into his contract that he is off set peices lol 

HopeDiouf
10 hours ago, sirwalter said:

would be our best midfielder.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rather than letting them run their contracts down, yes I would. The only area of club operations still to be fixed is contract management and player sales income. Unfortunately where we are in the footballing structure makes player sales a significant factor going forward. It’s the only reason clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen have been able to compete with us over last 2/3 years  Lots of fish in the sea. 

There are players who I'm quite happy not to "cash in" on and play out their contracts. I'm not saying Cochrane or Shankland fall into that category but equally you seem to see 12 months left and you are trying to sell more than the Dukes at the end of Trading Places!

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Perfectly reasonable  and likley what the board would consider the perfect transfer.

Buy a player, he does well for us and we sell for multiple times what we paid.

Many on here have been complaining that we don't sell enough players or for enough money and greet like hell when players leave for nothing and cite Aberdeen and Hibs as examples of clubs selling their players. Pretty sure some on this thread not bothered about him leaving for nothing are in that category. 

If players don't extend and we have the chance to sell ( for a decent fee, none of this Token amount Rangers offered for Souttar) then it's Perfectly sensible to sell them.

The money will help us replace said players and quite frankly the club needs to be planning around players who will be here, not ones that are leaving. 

No matter who they are.

With Shankland,  there is also good chance of his last few months turning sour if he repeats what Souttar did. 

cosanostra

I'd rather sell him for 2.5m this window than see him walk to the Huns for nothing in a year.

Take the money and roll the dice again. Sign someone who's hungry and wants to play for Hearts.

Carter
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I don't the the Board could've been any clearer on that being an area they intend to address. 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/derek-mcinnes-confirms-kevin-van-29142924

Few things here: 

"It jars me sometimes when people say they couldn’t deal with our physicality after a win," he said. "People will say Kilmarnock are good at what they do. That kind of suggests to me that we are just a wee bit basic."

Dude. You're playing with 4 centrebacks in a back 4... That is for no other purpose than to be physical. STFU :lol: 

Secondly, really surprised how poor Van Veen has been for them. I really wanted us to sign him as back up for Shanks, but he did absolutely nothing for Killie which is surprising. McInnes is suggesting that its down to money though. Not sure if that means he's just been a bit unlucky?

Valois No1

Sell sell sell is what I say. But at the right price. Too many players leave us for nothing. 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/derek-mcinnes-confirms-kevin-van-29142924

Few things here: 

"It jars me sometimes when people say they couldn’t deal with our physicality after a win," he said. "People will say Kilmarnock are good at what they do. That kind of suggests to me that we are just a wee bit basic."

Dude. You're playing with 4 centrebacks in a back 4... That is for no other purpose than to be physical. STFU :lol: 

Secondly, really surprised how poor Van Veen has been for them. I really wanted us to sign him as back up for Shanks, but he did absolutely nothing for Killie which is surprising. McInnes is suggesting that its down to money though. Not sure if that means he's just been a bit unlucky?

... And they're all about 6 foot 5

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Sell sell sell is what I say. But at the right price. Too many players leave us for nothing. 

James Anderson is aware of this and his stated we do need to be trading better, folk need to realise it, trading up is what we have to do, that means losing your personal pet sometimes

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Summer 24 Transfers - Harry Stone joins Ayr on loan