• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

jr ewing
2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Not a bad shout or someone of that ilk. We need a plan B as we rely on Shankland too much.

Couldn't afford him. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Rowles to Saudi is a shout I’ve heard. 

The guy will burst into flames.

gregzy2k7
3 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

If that's geniune, which i have my doubts about, we should bite their hands off for any money offered, even if we could get close to a million, It would be Sensational business.

BackOfTheNet
15 hours ago, Sooks said:

Not sure what Oda has done to be getting the heave ho either . Good player with the potential to be very good 

This. Still relatively young so can learn a lot. Not going to jump on the anti-Forrest bandwagon either, but he is 28 in September so potential is no more, he is at his peak. Was very good for us earlier in the season but I’m a tad perturbed his form has fallen off since his contract extension.

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This. Still relatively young so can learn a lot. Not going to jump on the anti-Forrest bandwagon either, but he is 28 in September so potential is no more, he is at his peak. Was very good for us earlier in the season but I’m a tad perturbed his form has fallen off since his contract extension.

Yup Oda is currently our 3rd joint highest goal scorer this season with 5, despite being in an out of the starting line up.

i wish jj was my dad
19 hours ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Some of the comments on Forrest are extremely harsh. He has been really good in spells this season and has always chipped in. Excellent squad player imo and based on his history I can’t imagine he is on a big wage.

I wouldn’t regard Dhanda or Spittal as a significant step up, hopefully all of them will compete for places and keep everyone hungry.

I kinda agree about Forrest and have never understood why he has been something of a whipping boy. He's never going to be a world beater but he can stretch defences and is a great out ball. Works his tail off and tracks back too. A great guy to have.

9 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

I'd not be against it. 

Think Kye is always going to be more exposed in a back 4. Getting someone like Stuart Findlay in could be a wise move. Gives us 2 absolutely rocksolid CBs. Although, I do like seeing Rowles step out with the ball, our goal against Killie earlier in the season was down to him taking the ball forward. 

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd not be against it. 

Think Kye is always going to be more exposed in a back 4. Getting someone like Stuart Findlay in could be a wise move. Gives us 2 absolutely rocksolid CBs. Although, I do like seeing Rowles step out with the ball, our goal against Killie earlier in the season was down to him taking the ball forward. 

Being able to carry the ball out of defence is a key part of the game these days, players who can it it are key.

you can’t not do it because of 1 mistake 

Rowles is good player, but he’s not cynical or decisive enough sometimes.  Needs to learn to commit a foul

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup Oda is currently our 3rd joint highest goal scorer this season with 5, despite being in an out of the starting line up.

And still not 23 until August. He’s still years off his prime, so why folk want to punt is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Being able to carry the ball out of defence is a key part of the game these days, players who can it it are key.

you can’t not do it because of 1 mistake 

Rowles is good player, but he’s not cynical or decisive enough sometimes.  Needs to learn to commit a foul

Maybe I'm just picking you up wrong, but I'm talking about the one we scored at Rugby park - Rowles picks the ball up, drives forward into their half and tees up Grant IIRC ? - It was complementary of him, not sure if that came across wrong?

Agree with the other parts, a Kent/Findlay combo would be excellent for set pieces, but would bring difficulty in playing out of defence. Although, we seem to struggle with beating the press anyway. 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe I'm just picking you up wrong, but I'm talking about the one we scored at Rugby park - Rowles picks the ball up, drives forward into their half and tees up Grant IIRC ? - It was complementary of him, not sure if that came across wrong?

Agree with the other parts, a Kent/Findlay combo would be excellent for set pieces, but would bring difficulty in playing out of defence. Although, we seem to struggle with beating the press anyway. 

na I think I picked you up wrong mate - apologies my mistake. 

agree with you 100%.

the guy next to me is always shouting at Rowles to get rid of it which annoys the life out of me 

gregzy2k7
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And still not 23 until August. He’s still years off his prime, so why folk want to punt is beyond me.

I'm a big fan of Oda tbh, most times I have seen him he contributes and looks dangerous, has good numbers too, there's an argument that he might even be as good as Vargas if not better, hasn't really had the same amount of game time, so quite hard to judge tbf.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I'm a big fan of Oda tbh, most times I have seen him he contributes and looks dangerous, has good numbers too, there's an argument that he might even be as good as Vargas if not better, hasn't really had the same amount of game time, so quite hard to judge tbf.

I think Oda has something as well, but he needs to push on and become a trusted first 11 pick.  

Not sure on the Vargas comparison, he’s played out of position on the right wing.  Much better centrally 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think Oda has something as well, but he needs to push on and become a trusted first 11 pick.  

Not sure on the Vargas comparison, he’s played out of position on the right wing.  Much better centrally 

I hope the club are looking at an extension for Oda. Only 2 years left of his deal, and our continual problem seems to be losing players because we're too late to the races at offering that extension. 

As you say, he does have something. His impact from the bench is huge, and he has shown spatterings of a very good player. I think he's close to making that sort of breakthrough.

Similar issue with Devlin, Naismith has worked on changing the type of player he is, and that work is delivering but he's out of contract at the end of the 2025 season. Need to look at an extension sooner rather than later. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If Shanks leaves, we might want to give Vargas a shot at leading the line….

we would be doing well to buy better, and it would give us a chance to play with more pace throughout the team

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

we would be doing well to buy better, and it would give us a chance to play with more pace throughout the team

No chance.

He's far too light weight and fresh to lead the line for a whole season. 

Vargas will contribute but no way should he be replacing Shankland. 

He won't anyway, Naismith will know that and to sell Shankland and not add to the squad up front would almost be sabotage. 

Oda and Vargas will contribute but they aren't  consistent/ good/ mature/ Street wise enough to be main strikers for us- yet.

Carter
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I kinda agree about Forrest and have never understood why he has been something of a whipping boy. He's never going to be a world beater but he can stretch defences and is a great out ball. Works his tail off and tracks back too. A great guy to have.

This is how I'd evaluate Forrest too. There's a reason why he's been favoured to Oda for much of the season. Primarily as he can take instructions. I'm not knocking Oda but there's a reason why his game time and that of Tagawa has been limited.

Forrest was instrumental in that run of 28 points from 30 which basically secured third place. Managers like guys like Forrest. 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

I think we would replace shanks, but Vargas will get a chance 

johnking123
12 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Yes

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Thing is for any foreign signing we have, they get less leeway for some reason. I think some think they have to be on point every game or else there’s no point signing them over a ‘good honest Scottish laddie’… Our support is harsh at the best of times, but if a foreign player had one quiet game he’s deemed not good enough. Scottish based player is deemed not good enough, but ‘we need squad depth’ so let’s keep around. Personally I prefer to judge each player on their own personal performances, attributes and contextual information like sell on value, potential to get better etc.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No chance.

He's far too light weight and fresh to lead the line for a whole season. 

Vargas will contribute but no way should he be replacing Shankland. 

He won't anyway, Naismith will know that and to sell Shankland and not add to the squad up front would almost be sabotage. 

Oda and Vargas will contribute but they aren't  consistent/ good/ mature/ Street wise enough to be main strikers for us- yet.

Hear what you say, and yes I’d agree that we would be risking it a lot to rely on Vargas to lead the line all season.

But I see a bit of Gino in Vargas.  Having Tagawa (or a new striker, or a new pacy AM) playing off him would be interesting; with McKay and Oda as more conventional choices on the wing or cutting insider from midfield.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Hear what you say, and yes I’d agree that we would be risking it a lot to rely on Vargas to lead the line all season.

But I see a bit of Gino in Vargas.  Having Tagawa (or a new striker, or a new pacy AM) playing off him would be interesting; with McKay and Oda as more conventional choices on the wing or cutting insider from midfield.

Nah, we'd need to recruit.

The likes of Tagawa and Vargas aren't replacing Shanklands contribution to the team next season 

Gino taken 3 years and a change of position to become consistent.

kingantti1874

We need another CF even if shanks stays.  Looking at 50+ fixtures next season. If he leave we need 2

chester copperpot

I did hear something interesting last night. There was apparently something about Celtic sniffing around Zander. Somebody who I trust completely who never bullshits me.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

We need another CF even if shanks stays.  Looking at 50+ fixtures next season. If he leave we need 2

Yip

Vargas and Oda will play a part uo front and out wide,but we would definitely need to replace Shankland if he left.

Boyce will play a supporting role, but I'm not sure on Tagawa.  Will we stock with him or let him go, I don't think he'll be happy either if he's playing g as little as he did this season. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip

Vargas and Oda will play a part uo front and out wide,but we would definitely need to replace Shankland if he left.

Boyce will play a supporting role, but I'm not sure on Tagawa.  Will we stock with him or let him go, I don't think he'll be happy either if he's playing g as little as he did this season. 

agreed. Boyce will get some minutes but I don’t think he’s seen as a starter.  Wouldn’t actually be surprised if we let him move on if he could find a longer deal elsewhere.  

i just don’t think Tagawa is going to work out. He’s not had many chances but you have to think that’s for good reason, when he has had a chance he not taken it.

i think he’s the sort of forward who needs to play with a team who play on the counter.  For 80% of our fixtures that’s not us

KyleLafferty
7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I did hear something interesting last night. There was apparently something about Celtic sniffing around Zander. Somebody who I trust completely who never bullshits me.

I also heard that a while back. Although he would win more trophies and probably be first pick. He also is a massive ranagers man 😂

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agreed. Boyce will get some minutes but I don’t think he’s seen as a starter.  Wouldn’t actually be surprised if we let him move on if he could find a longer deal elsewhere.  

i just don’t think Tagawa is going to work out. He’s not had many chances but you have to think that’s for good reason, when he has had a chance he not taken it.

i think he’s the sort of forward who needs to play with a team who play on the counter.  For 80% of our fixtures that’s not us

Yip, Boyce might  be happy and he may have an eye on a coaching role with us in tbe near future.

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I also heard that a while back. Although he would win more trophies and probably be first pick. He also is a massive ranagers man 😂

Doesn’t matter a jot. Scott Brown was a Rangers fan, so was Kenny Dalgleish etc. 

Scott Leitch
4 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd not be against it. 

Findlay is absolutely terrible. I watched him against Aberdeen in the cup. He was all over the place. Genuinely looked like he had never seen a football in his life. 

chester copperpot
18 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

His family are not though as I know his Mrs mum (she was not the person who told me this btw)

17 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Findlay is absolutely terrible. I watched him against Aberdeen in the cup. He was all over the place. Genuinely looked like he had never seen a football in his life. 

He's been a mainstay in teams managed by Derek McInnes and Steve Clarke. Both of which well known for defensively sound teams. 

IIRC his defensive organisation is well noted. His role in the Killie team that finished 3rd under Clarke was pivotal, and obviously again he's central to their defensive nous this season. 

He's a very, very good and reliable defender. Probably more in the Berra mould i.e excellent defender, poor footballer. 

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Mate. That's just wrong 

Absolute Scenes
Posted (edited)

Next season I don’t want any defensive loanees from EPL or anywhere for that matter. We need big upgrades at the back and guys like Dexter are not the answer. I’d take an attacking loan if required but that’s it. Tired of dealing with inexperience 

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Agentjambo
Posted (edited)

If management want to get closer to the old firm they will need to put the money where their mouths are.

Edited by Agentjambo

Was hoping we might have got something today or at least put in a performance but not when you've got guys like Lembikisa, Atkinson, Grant, Cochrane and Rowles in your team.

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, feej said:

Was hoping we might have got something today or at least put in a performance but not when you've got guys like Lembikisa, Atkinson, Grant, Cochrane and Rowles in your team.

Cochrane? Is he getting it now 🤣

ffs guys been brilliant for us 

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Cochrane? Is he getting it now 🤣

ffs guys been brilliant for us 

Didn't even have a bad game ffs

Not sure where the Cochrane stuff is coming from.

He was our best player today and will be a big miss next season.

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Please 🙏 🤞

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Not sure where the Cochrane stuff is coming from.

He was our best player today and will be a big miss next season.

the only player in our squad with the raw attributes to play in the championship. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

That would be great, cant see today being a deal breaker though but 🤞.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Hansel said:

If we lose Zander maybe go for Saint Johnstone keeper

Are we expecting to lose Zander? 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Hansel said:

If we lose Zander maybe go for Saint Johnstone keeper

Only seen him against us and highlights but looked a good keeper. 

GinRummy
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

As @chester copperpotsaid there’s been rumours going round Celtic are interested. Hart retiring. 

Hansel
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

4 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Gordons left glove

I used to go to Theo bairs barber and apparently Theo told him that he wants to join rangers or Celtic in the summer. Preferably Celtic.

MattyK82
Just now, Gordons left glove said:

I used to go to Theo bairs barber and apparently Theo told him that he wants to join rangers or Celtic in the summer. Preferably Celtic.

I want a date with Dua Lipa...

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal