Summer 24 Transfers - Haring, Halliday and McGovern leaving

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

tiger Rudi
4 hours ago, Gordons left glove said:

Stephen Humphreys out of contract in the summer too I would like to see him return. 

No not for me. Didn't look like he was busting a gut near the end. Has obvious qualities but would take the huff playing second fiddle to Shanks. 

I would sign a youngish striker with potential. Get him learning off Shanks in training. Give him minutes when we can. I'm not saying drop Shanks before anybody loses their s**t but we need to plan ahead. 

I think Shanks will be here till January, get the young pretender ready for then. 

What decent big money signing striker is going to come to sit on the bench? 

Whoever comes in DOES need to get on the pitch though, if Shanks is having a mare he needs to be substituted. Yes I know he can still be a match winner even on poorer days but the club needs to prepare for a future without him. Preferably with a player we have had in the squad, who already knows what we want, how we play and is ready to deliver. 

Úlfur Ágúst Björnsson that's who i'd go for. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

gorgierulesapply88
25 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Oh well…must be superb.

Weak foot too

1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

No not for me. Didn't look like he was busting a gut near the end. Has obvious qualities but would take the huff playing second fiddle to Shanks. 

I would sign a youngish striker with potential. Get him learning off Shanks in training. Give him minutes when we can. I'm not saying drop Shanks before anybody loses their s**t but we need to plan ahead. 

I think Shanks will be here till January, get the young pretender ready for then. 

What decent big money signing striker is going to come to sit on the bench? 

Whoever comes in DOES need to get on the pitch though, if Shanks is having a mare he needs to be substituted. Yes I know he can still be a match winner even on poorer days but the club needs to prepare for a future without him. Preferably with a player we have had in the squad, who already knows what we want, how we play and is ready to deliver. 

Úlfur Ágúst Björnsson that's who i'd go for. 

I like the sound of that, although I'd go for an older player too as a safety option. Let the young laddie develop without the pressure of delivering every week. 

tiger Rudi
14 minutes ago, OTT said:

I like the sound of that, although I'd go for an older player too as a safety option. Let the young laddie develop without the pressure of delivering every week. 

Has just went back to Iceland after playing college soccer in America. Something about him. Scoring at his own level and an under 21 international. Would be worth taking a look at. Only 20.Screenshot_20240412-213300.thumb.jpg.7d99503d34b33b5c67de3b76f7f642e2.jpg

Jambo92
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Nah, we should be going Scandinavian. Man City have a brilliant example in Haaland.

🙄

Aye cause that was the point of the post, Vargas has shown the same work rate and passion as the two Newcastle players.  Attributes that you can find in the lower leagues if you want, if matched with footballing ability then its a perfect match.

cosanostra

I'd be surprised if many would want Humps back permanently. He was occasionally exciting with his unorthodox dribbling, flashes of genius and his goal v the vermin but he was often ineffective and struggled to get onto the same wavelength as his team. He'd be a frustrating signing that we'd struggle to get playing regularly to his potential.

Not sure he's what we need moving forward. He's the definition of the world class YouTube compilation.

I'd prefer to leave him in the past along with guys like Dexter, Kuol, Zeefuik, Woodburn and Dauda who had okay or decent short term Hearts careers and did a job at the time but not quite enough to want to bring back. 

He was no Cochrane, Simms or Dunne and equally he was no Fraser, Pereira or McCallum. 🤣

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

I'd be surprised if many would want Humps back permanently. He was occasionally exciting with his unorthodox dribbling, flashes of genius and his goal v the vermin but he was often ineffective and struggled to get onto the same wavelength as his team. He'd be a frustrating signing that we'd struggle to get playing regularly to his potential.

Not sure he's what we need moving forward. He's the definition of the world class YouTube compilation.

I'd prefer to leave him in the past along with guys like Dexter, Kuol, Zeefuik, Woodburn and Dauda who had okay or decent short term Hearts careers and did a job at the time but not quite enough to want to bring back. 

He was no Cochrane, Simms or Dunne and equally he was no Fraser, Pereira or McCallum. 🤣

Humphrys fully fit and mindset correct would be an asset to us,different forward option all together from Shankland.

Brophy would be my Boyce replacement.

Bair would replace Shankland.

Humphrys Is an extra forward.

If Shankland goes.

Bair,Humphrys, Brophy,Tagawa,

Get the young ones like Kirk,and Wilson loaned out.

jamboinglasgow

One of the things that is quite pleasing from the players we have signed up for next season is our free kick taking.

By that I mean the ability to score from free kicks. We already have Kingsley and though he has not been scoring as many as two seasons ago he is still a threat. But now Dhanda and Spittal are good at free kicks.

Those videos contain two examples of their free kicks but having three players who could take a free kick means the pressure is not on one player and makes the keeper guess more.

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One of the things that is quite pleasing from the players we have signed up for next season is our free kick taking.

By that I mean the ability to score from free kicks. We already have Kingsley and though he has not been scoring as many as two seasons ago he is still a threat. But now Dhanda and Spittal are good at free kicks.

Those videos contain two examples of their free kicks but having three players who could take a free kick means the pressure is not on one player and makes the keeper guess more.

Corners too 🙂.

What a team.

High tempo, intensity, philosophy, can see us really blowing a few teams away when are all fully fit.

Something Brentford are big on is set pieces.

Going to be good next season.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Ricardo Quaresma

^^^^ That looping header was where he smashed his eye socket, in the collision with the goalie

2m 10s in that video

Edit: Humphrys

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, why we really need a solution to the RB situation this summer. 

The RB situation is desperately poor to be completely honest. Should've been resolved some time ago.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You are right obviously but we have to get the free kicks in the first place, we don’t usually get many opportunities for Kingsley now so the two new guys are unlikely to prosper unfortunately.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

The RB situation is desperately poor to be completely honest. Should've been resolved some time ago.

Yeah they’ve had 3 years and 6 windows to sort it. 

DG_HMFC
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So the same tactics that haven’t worked 4 times already then, super. 
We definitely need quicker players all over the pitch. 

Exactly. 

We'd invite constant pressure if we sat deep and likely concede within that first 20 minutes. 

A balanced gameplan is a must. When we're defending, just f*****g defend properly. And when we are in possession of the ball, just f*****g attack properly.

Sitting deep and passing slowly about the back, or launching the ball forward, isn't going to get us anywhere.

WASTREL
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Also Sean Maloney stated on Sky recentley that "he (Humphrys) had a really bad loan last year" .... now that had to be the feelings of the player.  That doesnt sound like he would hurry back to join us or be welcomed back into the fold.

cosanostra
10 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Also Sean Maloney stated on Sky recentley that "he (Humphrys) had a really bad loan last year" .... now that had to be the feelings of the player.  That doesnt sound like he would hurry back to join us or be welcomed back into the fold.

Could easily just be Maloney being a bitter little beeatch. He absolutely hates us. 

kingantti1874

I wouldn’t take Humphries.  Not at all firstly despite obvious talent he wasn’t consistent and secondly he wasn’t happy 

Leveins Battalion
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Humphrys fully fit and mindset correct would be an asset to us,different forward option all together from Shankland.

Brophy would be my Boyce replacement.

Bair would replace Shankland.

Humphrys Is an extra forward.

If Shankland goes.

Bair,Humphrys, Brophy,Tagawa,

Get the young ones like Kirk,and Wilson loaned out.

Brophy cannot get a game for County,he is 3rd choice behind White and Murray.

Bair,might be worth a punt but I pretty sure we could find somebody else with the resources we now have.

JamboJoker98

Not interested in Humphries. Talent was obvious - when he could be bothered, which was less than half the season. What's more is when the chips were down after January he dissapeared entirely. You don't get to play for as great a club as this only when it suits you, just disrespectful to us and I'm surprised a few (class) goals glosses over that for some. I'd given up on him in Naismiths derby at ER when he basically barely moved.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

You think a dirty wee hibby-mhank gnome like him would tell truth?

He probably cost us a League Title

The wee scummy welt done probably the most disgusting piece of cheating ever commited against us by a single act of an individual and I'd laugh uncaringly (not a crime) if I saw him getting booted in the face :smuggy:

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are right obviously but we have to get the free kicks in the first place, we don’t usually get many opportunities for Kingsley now so the two new guys are unlikely to prosper unfortunately.

Sadly thats true, but I would argue these new guys are part of a change of style next season which means that we getting into positions where we can win free kicks in these areas. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sadly thats true, but I would argue these new guys are part of a change of style next season which means that we getting into positions where we can win free kicks in these areas. 

🤞

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Exactly. 

We'd invite constant pressure if we sat deep and likely concede within that first 20 minutes. 

A balanced gameplan is a must. When we're defending, just f*****g defend properly. And when we are in possession of the ball, just f*****g attack properly.

Sitting deep and passing slowly about the back, or launching the ball forward, isn't going to get us anywhere.

Spot on 

jimbojambo

I am not too sure we need another striker with Shanks, Oda, Vargas, Tagawa, Kirk and Wilson all vying for places at present. Probably just need a right back for the present side plus replacements for any players we sell. Now more than ever we will wait for the right players to become available. 

Drylaw Hearts
2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I am not too sure we need another striker with Shanks, Oda, Vargas, Tagawa, Kirk and Wilson all vying for places at present. Probably just need a right back for the present side plus replacements for any players we sell. Now more than ever we will wait for the right players to become available. 

We are 6th in the goal scoring charts in the league……behind Hibs, Motherwell and Dundee…..and only one goal ahead of Killie.

We definitely need to add more quality up front and in the creative areas of the park.

On 10/04/2024 at 09:44, Batistuta87 said:

Dunno what folk have been watching to be honest. Devlin is better in just about every measurable way so moving Devlin on as some want for some reason and bringing Phillips in would be a considerable downgrade. He might be useful in the squad but I don't see him being an immediate key player

🤷‍♂️

Love a bit of Cammy. 

3 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

We are 6th in the goal scoring charts in the league……behind Hibs, Motherwell and Dundee…..and only one goal ahead of Killie.

We definitely need to add more quality up front and in the creative areas of the park.

Not any more after today. Joint 3rd

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, CMc said:

Love a bit of Cammy. 

The lad was outstanding today 🤌🏻

Jamboross
6 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Even assuming we keep hold of Shanks I don't think that's true. Oda and Vargas are often used in wide positions, Tagawa is rarely used, Kirk can't get a game in League One nevermind for us and Wilson has just turned 17 and will hopefully be out on loan next season. 

We do have Boyce still to return but I really can't imagine him being a regular starter for us again now given his age and fitness issues. I'd say an out and out striker needs to be one of our top priorities. 

Gordons left glove

Heres a shout. Paul mullin?

King of the North

Following Dhanda's spectacular last minute shithousery against them, today was Spittal's turn  

Anyone else clock his absolute intolerance for Youan's diving today? A good double handed shove in the chest followed by a contemptuous laugh at Wiggy. 

A good start for the lad. These two should be just fine.

Jamb04life
10 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Kirk and Wilson not first team level. Tagawa has shown nothing. Oda and Vargas are wide players/not out and out strikers. Boyce can do a job but probably not first choice and better as a 10

i think we 100% need a new striker. Only problem we have (if Shanks stays) is that they will need to be prepared to be a back up. I feel we need somebody with different attributes up top, a bit of physicality or somebody prepared to run the channels etc. 

Bongo 1874

Happy with Lembikisa and Natty.

But two to look at for right back.

Jordan Williams

Timothy Eyoma

ToadKiller Dog

Good  from Spitall knocking over Rocky for diving at the Well v Hibs game to day .

12 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Even assuming we keep hold of Shanks I don't think that's true. Oda and Vargas are often used in wide positions, Tagawa is rarely used, Kirk can't get a game in League One nevermind for us and Wilson has just turned 17 and will hopefully be out on loan next season. 

We do have Boyce still to return but I really can't imagine him being a regular starter for us again now given his age and fitness issues. I'd say an out and out striker needs to be one of our top priorities. 

Jesus wept. When has a 17 year old gone on loan? That’s what you do with 19 year olds and above. Wilson to get serious minutes off the bench next year while playing B Team at the same time. 

Zen Jambo

To sort the RB conundrum I’d go for Kayne Ramsey.

Only 23, great attacking full back and puts his body on the line when defending.

Absolute machine of a player. 

However, only just signed for Charlton in the January window. 

mud and mullets

One "new" player we'll have next season is Lewis Neilson. I went to Raith vs Thistle yesterday and he was probably the best player on the park playing defensive sitting midfielder in front of the back 4. Strong presence, very composed on the ball heads-up type of player, good positioning, good passer. He should be an asset next season.

JamboAl
18 minutes ago, mud and mullets said:

One "new" player we'll have next season is Lewis Neilson. I went to Raith vs Thistle yesterday and he was probably the best player on the park playing defensive sitting midfielder in front of the back 4. Strong presence, very composed on the ball heads-up type of player, good positioning, good passer. He should be an asset next season.

I could see that happening next season for us/

HopeDiouf
48 minutes ago, mud and mullets said:

Always been an excellent footballer.  Cant defend tho unfortunately and thistle defensive record this year suggest he hasnt learned.

Batistuta87
23 hours ago, Gordons left glove said:

Heres a shout. Paul mullin?

Always thought he would be a tremendous signing but he's on a fortune at Wrexham, they idolise him, and he just recently extended his contract. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Always thought he would be a tremendous signing but he's on a fortune at Wrexham, they idolise him, and he just recently extended his contract. 

More chance of Shanks going to Wrexham

kingantti1874
15 hours ago, mud and mullets said:

I think that’s his position. He’s not a CB imo.  Positionally struggles imo.  CDM 

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think that’s his position. He’s not a CB imo.  Positionally struggles imo.  CDM 

Yeah, he could fill in for Beni if he decides not to renew.  Has the composure on the ball and can pick a pass, maybe not as nimble as Beni, but has a greater physical presence.  

Gordons left glove
9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Never knew anything about his contract situation or his wages, just thought it would be a brilliant signing. Thanks for letting me know though 👍

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
22 hours ago, mud and mullets said:

Beni replacement?

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Gordons left glove said:

Never knew anything about his contract situation or his wages, just thought it would be a brilliant signing. Thanks for letting me know though 👍

Could become our very own Declan Rice. Rice was once regarded as a CB...

On 14/04/2024 at 08:43, mud and mullets said:

Sounds more like Big Pete than Beni.  If he can replicate it in the top division, that would be brilliant. 

Will also be keen to see him alongside Kent in the defence. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Haring, Halliday and McGovern leaving