Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

Stephen Humphreys out of contract in the summer too I would like to see him return. 

Why? He wasn't interested in being here towards the end and was sent back.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Pasquale for King

• Batistuta87

• OTT

Russ1977
16 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

Stephen Humphreys out of contract in the summer too I would like to see him return. 

If his attitude has improved he’d be a very good signing. By the end of his time here he looked like he couldn’t be arsed in the slightest. 

FarmerTweedy
On 10/04/2024 at 23:17, Jambo92 said:

Yep, think it goes unnoticed but majority of players from central and south America that come over to the UK are passionate and hard working which matches Scottish football well, a little bit of quality on top of that and you have all the hallmarks of a footballer we want to see at Hearts.

Looking at our signings from Asian/Aussie market, in general I think its fair to say they arent the most passionate of players, Devlin wears his heart of his sleeve but even then its more of a cheeky chappy personality.

Newcastle have two brilliant examples in Guimares and Joelinton.

Nah, we should be going Scandinavian. Man City have a brilliant example in Haaland.

🙄

Bongo 1874
23 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

Agree 👍

Maybe difficult with Shankland still being here but.

Bongo 1874
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Goals and assists.

Gordons left glove
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He went back to his club because they weren't paying his wages and he made it clear that a return would be something he'd be open to. 

Threedoorsdown
36 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He also didn’t score enough when he was here tbh.

RustyRightPeg
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Goals and assists.

5 goals in 24 games. Break the bank.

He also spent most of his time on the treatment bed. 

No thanks.

Bongo 1874
33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No thanks.

Wigan Athletic

Wigan Athletic
League
League
Matches
Games played
Goals
Goals
Assists
Assists

lost in space
26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No thanks.

"Treatment BED". That's what's wrong wi' players today - when we were't young, we had bench and were glad o' it!!

Bench?? Bloody luxury!!! We had to lie ont floor!!

Floor!? We couldn't afford floor- we had to lie all day in puddle!!

A puddle??.............

Humphreys come across as the type who would relish making himself unavailable for selection fairly frequently. 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

I agree with that sentiment in general, but Devlin is a player we've all seen loads of, so it seems unfair to suggest supplying a stat implies a 100% reliance on stats.

Presumably the Devlin advocates don't think he's a poor passer of the ball based on the "eye test". The facts just happen to back up their opinion. If those facts are incomplete or misleading then someone should surely be able to articulate why, rather than just producing a blanket "stats aren't everything" response.

Can I just shock you? I actually find Devlin a frustrating player and agree we can do better in terms of first pick midfielders. But I can't explain why he shows up so well for frequency and accuracy of forward passes. Maybe his ability on the ball is better than I thought, and the issue is actually his decision making and composure in certain situations (e.g. when he was through on goal last weekend)? Maybe those instances are amplified in my mind because they are significant moments in the game, and his general play is actually consistently good otherwise.

Maybe he just gets rid of the ball as quickly as possible and passes it a few yards to a team mate who just happens to be slightly ahead of him🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

of course they aren’t everything. But hearts fans are ****ing shocking for knee jerk reactions usually based on little substance at all and a crippling sense of entitlement.

Wee Cammy would get a game for every team in the league bar rangers and Celtic IMO.  Hes certainly not outclassed by this boy at stjohnstone that’s for sure.  

is he a world beater? Absolutely not.  But he’s perfect for certain fixtures and an important squad player. Should we try and improve, there isn’t a player in the squad we shouldn’t be trying to replace with someone better. 

Exactly this 🤜🏻🤛🏻

soonbe110
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

of course they aren’t everything. But hearts fans are ****ing shocking for knee jerk reactions usually based on little substance at all and a crippling sense of entitlement.

Wee Cammy would get a game for every team in the league bar rangers and Celtic IMO.  Hes certainly not outclassed by this boy at stjohnstone that’s for sure.  

is he a world beater? Absolutely not.  But he’s perfect for certain fixtures and an important squad player. Should we try and improve, there isn’t a player in the squad we shouldn’t be trying to replace with someone better. 

He isn’t a first pick for Naismith and I doubt that someone who can’t get a start for us would start for every other team bar the OF.  Devlin is a squad player now and dropping down the pecking order as the new signings pile up. It’s not hard to read the Naismith script re our midfield being the issue we have in terms of show he wants us to  play. 

Batistuta87

Humphrys was decent. Not sure I would sign him again though. 

Devante Cole is my pick from the strikers mentioned so far. Think he would be a much better shout. 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Gordons left glove said:

Unless we change managers there’s no chance of that happening. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unless we change managers there’s no chance of that happening. 

Not sure there's beef there. Didn't Naisy allow Humphrys to return to Wigan so he could sort out some issues with Wigan who were having financial problems?

Edited by Hansel

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He isn’t a first pick for Naismith and I doubt that someone who can’t get a start for us would start for every other team bar the OF.  Devlin is a squad player now and dropping down the pecking order as the new signings pile up. It’s not hard to read the Naismith script re our midfield being the issue we have in terms of show he wants us to  play. 

The only players in the remaining teams who come close to Cammy are Graeme Shinnie or Joe Newall - and he has both of them on toast. 

People are really underestimating our squad. Every week probably most of our starting 11 walks into the teams below us. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We won't press rangers at Hampden,  be the worst tactic ever, they'd carve through us and blow us to pieces.

( they might do any way, but pressing rangers won't be the tactic.

We'll sit deep, try and get through the first 20 and go from there.

We won't be pushing up high and pressing Rangers at Hampden.

So the same tactics that haven’t worked 4 times already then, super. 
We definitely need quicker players all over the pitch. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, karipidis said:

So you think we shouldn't play them both? Or just play Shankland? 

Shankland obviously but a quick player ahead of him to lead the press when the opportunity arises. 

soonbe110
1 minute ago, Hansel said:

Not sure there's beef there. Didn't Naisy allow Humphrys to return to Wigan so he could sort out some issues with Wigan who were having financial problems?

Depends on which story you believe.  Given our shortage of strikers at the time I’d be surprised if he just let him go. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We came close in the 1st match at ibrox to be fair. If it wasn't for a stupid penalty we conceded 

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The only players in the remaining teams who come close to Cammy are Graeme Shinnie or Joe Newall - and he has both of them on toast. 

People are really underestimating our squad. Every week probably most of our starting 11 walks into the teams below us. 

Agree to disagree.  Despite not liking the antics either of them get up to in a game I think both of the players you mention would start for us ahead of Devlin. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Remember us trying to go man for man with Fiorentina at Tynie with Shankland and Halliday just off him operating a double pivot at the top of the park. Dark days. 🤣

I think it was the Turkish team, they easily got back one time Halliday got away from them.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Depends on which story you believe.  Given our shortage of strikers at the time I’d be surprised if he just let him go. 

Who knows. Rumours were that he was part of the fandanclan that Snoderic was leading but let's give him the benefit of the doubt 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

I agree with that sentiment in general, but Devlin is a player we've all seen loads of, so it seems unfair to suggest supplying a stat implies a 100% reliance on stats.

Presumably the Devlin advocates don't think he's a poor passer of the ball based on the "eye test". The facts just happen to back up their opinion. If those facts are incomplete or misleading then someone should surely be able to articulate why, rather than just producing a blanket "stats aren't everything" response.

Can I just shock you? I actually find Devlin a frustrating player and agree we can do better in terms of first pick midfielders. But I can't explain why he shows up so well for frequency and accuracy of forward passes. Maybe his ability on the ball is better than I thought, and the issue is actually his decision making and composure in certain situations (e.g. when he was through on goal last weekend)? Maybe those instances are amplified in my mind because they are significant moments in the game, and his general play is actually consistently good otherwise.

Great post 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Hansel said:

We came close in the 1st match at ibrox to be fair. If it wasn't for a stupid penalty we conceded 

We got beat, coming close doesn’t count unfortunately. 

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Who knows. Rumours were that he was part of the fandanclan that Snoderic was leading but let's give him the benefit of the doubt 

He won’t be back. Unless we play Wigan in a friendly. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We got beat, coming close doesn’t count unfortunately. 

Yes but let's not discount the tactics from that match entirely 

GinRummy
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Was not that impressed with humphreys.  

Just an opinion but he’s one of these guys that if you got his head right and keep him focused he could turn out to be a brilliant player at our level. We’ve already had a go and he ended up going home early so I’d rather not bother. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just an opinion but he’s one of these guys that if you got his head right and keep him focused he could turn out to be a brilliant player at our level. We’ve already had a go and he ended up going home early so I’d rather not bother. 

I think you're right there. He seems like a maverick type player who can sometimes be tricky to man manage. Need an arm around him one minute and a boot up the arse the next. 

Agree that we need to look elsewhere 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Yes but let's not discount the tactics from that match entirely 

Why not, they’ve failed 4 times and we conceded 11 and scored 2. They’ve mastered those tactics, they don’t work and we will be heading out to go home after an hour next Sunday if we repeat them.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Spot on.
The guy has pace, power, two feet and good in the air, scored a worldy against Utd, scored and hit the post away in Florence.

Yet he’s playing League 1 for 13th placed Wigan, something not right in his head i think. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Naismith needs to show he's learned from previous games against Rangers. A back 3 against them again will be suicide and he'll get some real scrutiny if he does that expecting a different outcome.

Daveandal
36 minutes ago, Carter said:

Naismith needs to show he's learned from previous games against Rangers. A back 3 against them again will be suicide and he'll get some real scrutiny if he does that expecting a different outcome.

The problem with 4 at the back is who do we play?

Atkinson Kent Kingsley Cochrane??

14 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

The problem with 4 at the back is who do we play?

Atkinson Kent Kingsley Cochrane??

Exactly we don't have anyone who can play RB in a 4. Sevco will target Natty or Dexter anyway but in a 4 it'll be absolutely suicidal 

gorgierulesapply88
10 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Exactly we don't have anyone who can play RB in a 4. Sevco will target Natty or Dexter anyway but in a 4 it'll be absolutely suicidal 

Play Kingsley there, experienced and can come inside onto his left. He's both better at going forward and defensively that Atkinson and lembikisa(not a defender!)

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Indeed, why we really need a solution to the RB situation this summer. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

4 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Play Kingsley there, experienced and can come inside onto his left. He's both better at going forward and defensively that Atkinson and lembikisa(not a defender!)

That's something that might work. Imagine he got forward, cut inside then curled one into the top corner 

:wow:

soonbe110
13 minutes ago, Hansel said:

That's something that might work. Imagine he got forward, cut inside then curled one into the top corner 

:wow:

Needs to be on the pitch for free-kicks. Probably one of our most likely scoring opps. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Needs to be on the pitch for free-kicks. Probably one of our most likely scoring opps. 

Agreed 👍 

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Humphreys was superb. He'd be a great signing 

He wasn’t superb…behave.

rudi must stay
Just now, Agentjambo said:

He wasn’t superb…behave.

Did you see his goal from the half way line. Incredible 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Did you see his goal from the half way line. Incredible 

Oh well…must be superb.

rudi must stay
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Oh well…must be superb.

Well I couldn't score from there 

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal