Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree with all of this and while I would take him as backup, I would ideally want someone better than Spittal. Also is this Stewart as in Ross Stewart because was released last year and signed for Partick.

Lembikisa will likely be away at the end of the season too since he's only on loan, so we'll need a RB (again). 

I think they do have an option of another year but you'd think they'd be glad to release someone on 8k a week if they're relegated. Usually these "option of another year" clauses need to be on the same or better terms than before, so if they were to offer him less due to relegation we could still swoop. 

I would swoop!! :D 

A back 3 of Kent Dunne and Rowles is decent, and if we want to go 4 at the back RB Kent Dunne Rowles works just as well too. 

(I think we need a RB too tbh)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

22 minutes ago, Carter said:

Can't see us signing guys who can play a 10 like Dhanda and Spittal if Shankland is staying given the areas he occupies given his lack of pace.

He'll be away I suspect. We'll be a very different attacking proposition next year in all likelihood. More emphasis on pace. The way we play is very much fitted around Shankland just now. Which is understandable.

Pace is what Hearts have been crying out for for god knows how many seasons so I hope your right.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

If we get in another striker that can score at least 15 pushing for 20 then the players we are signing look like they will chip in with goals as well.We won't get another Shanks so looking to spread the goals.Personally I would be keeping him if I was in charge if it's a paltry £2m we get offered.

Fully agree with your last point. It’s still a similar situation to what we had this January. He’s worth more than anyone is willing to pay, I’m just not sure Hearts will take the risk of getting nothing at all for him and at the same time we’ll maybe want to be seen to be doing right by the player. Last real chance for a big money move, and it’ll not even been that big in the grand scheme of football, so I’ve come to terms with him being gone after this season.

Just hope that if and when he leaves he goes with a cup winners medal and signs off like the legend he’s been. 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

If we get in another striker that can score at least 15 pushing for 20 then the players we are signing look like they will chip in with goals as well.We won't get another Shanks so looking to spread the goals.Personally I would be keeping him if I was in charge if it's a paltry £2m we get offered.

Sopittal's got 7 in the lague this year 2 in the LC and 2 in the scottish Cup., Dhanda 3 in the League. that's a good start.

gregzy2k7
47 minutes ago, TommyC said:

I'll keep banging on about it if only to manifest it into the universe:

We should sign Lyall Cameron

Here here,

Completely agree, think he would geniunely be the missing piece of the puzzle in our midfield.

Badonde
8 minutes ago, RENE said:

Anyone else think we're saving our money for a couple of marquee signings in the summer?

Yes 👍🏻 

Those three have a combined TransferMarkt value of just over £2M. Incredible business by the club, all on frees! 

Cameronstheman
10 minutes ago, RENE said:

Anyone else think we're saving our money for a couple of marquee signings in the summer?

Deffo and I'm salivating at the thought of who we might bring in

This is just the start of what's happening Re signings and i dare say who's leaving.

The summer window will be very exciting IMO as we have cash and in as a strong position as we have been in a long time 

18 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Will all depend on what sort of offers come in, will need to be a very good fee for us to consider selling Shankland, he’s probably worth more to us than anyone will pay

I think the Hearts Board will take the view that we cash in on Shankland, a player who has almost certainly informed the club he would like to try and further career elsewhere. Take the money and invest it across a few areas in the squad and believe we can still very much finish a strong third again next season, even without Shankland. 

The summer is the point where the realisable value for Shankland and Cochrane is at it's highest given their contract situation. Atkinson probably the same. 

Rowles might well stay another year before we look to cash in. 

Section Q
Just now, Carter said:

I think the Hearts Board will take the view that we cash in on Shankland, a player who has almost certainly informed the club he would like to try and further career elsewhere. Take the money and invest it across a few areas in the squad and believe we can still very much finish a strong third again next season, even without Shankland. 

The summer is the point where the realisable value for Shankland and Cochrane is at it's highest given their contract situation. Atkinson probably the same. 

We'll know for sure when we buy a striker then.

Sleepy head

Great! Now I don't have to see Spittal score against us. Seemed to do it for every team he faced us with. Good player.

Penrice will be the best of them all. Without being overly negative, I think the other 2 may struggle to adjust to the demands and will be in and out the team. Penrice has been a standout any time I have seen him and has more natural football ability in him than Cochrane.

Rick Sanchez

Spittal is listed as a right winger. Can he play anywhere across the front behind the striker? 

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Spittal is listed as a right winger. Can he play anywhere across the front behind the striker? 

Thats brilliant if he's going to be playing on that side. Forrest far better on the left, and McKay also a LM/LW. 

Getting a bit closer to a more balanced and effective attack (on paper!) 

BehindYou
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

My Preference would be to run a slightly smaller squad, with a higher level of quality  and use the academy to fill the gaps. 

Clearly haven’t noticed our league form after European games the past couple of seasons have you?, bigger the squad the better and especially with players who are proven in this league. Even better we have started hand picking the better players from smaller clubs 

BigAlim
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I don’t think the board will want to sell Shanks unless a very good offer comes in, selling him for 1 or 2 million would just piss off the support and I think they’re aware of that

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I don’t think the board will want to sell Shanks unless a very good offer comes in, selling him for 1 or 2 million would just piss off the support and I think they’re aware of that

Agree with this. 

Also, think there is merit to him seeing out his contract - Rangers wanted Walker and that moved ended up going sideways. 

Rangers (if they are interested) needs might change, and they could go in a different direction. 

I do think we might sell Cochrane though. Penrice is a decent replacement, so if we can get a couple million there, and reinvest in a proper RB and keep trying to entice Shanks to stay, then that will be a good bit of business. 

ROCK LOBSTER
Just now, BigAlim said:

We might cash in. If he makes it clear he'd like to move on, if this is the case we'd need two strikers with the hope that they can score 15 goals each, l think that we need a quality rb and cb so I think money will be spent in the summer 

Bob Loblaw
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yes, can play anywhere across that area and can also play more centrally. Imagine his versatility was part of the attraction.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Badonde said:

We could afford McCowan from Dundee.  I’d be going for McCowan, a right back, striker and a winger.  
expect us to sell Grant, Devlin, Cochrane, rowles.  Beni will leave for free.  Would also try and sell Atkinson 

Agree 100% on McGowan, he's their top scorer & top for assists this season as well, great player who would improve us.

Jambo in Bathgate
7 minutes ago, BehindYou said:

Clearly haven’t noticed our league form after European games the past couple of seasons have you?, bigger the squad the better and especially with players who are proven in this league. Even better we have started hand picking the better players from smaller clubs 

Exactly! Playing games Thursday and Sunday requires a squad that can compete on two fronts. Having watched Hearts playing on two fronts usually means we fail in both due to lack of options to maintain the level required especially in the SPL. Thus we can maintain regular European qualification by winning cup or league position. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

Not the point mate we would definitely get a decent fee he’s an International 

😂

cookieboy
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Would you be happy if Hearts paid a decent fee for him this summer? 

i wouldn't as he is our player already 

Bongo 1874

🙏. Can anyone edit that,just to see what he would look like wearing our strip.

Alex-Mowatt.jpg

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

Not the point mate we would definitely get a decent fee he’s an International 

I think a less physical league would probably suit him better TBH. 

Someone paid money for Kio, so anything is possible!!! :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blair-spittal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251587

scroll down a bit.   lists his positions through his career. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blair-spittal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251587/verein/987

scroll down lists his positions for Motherwell. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blair-spittal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251587/verein/2759

Same again but for Ross County. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blair-spittal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251587/wettbewerb/SC1

Last one is 200 games in the Scottish premiership.   Most games were on the right and center.   Fair amount on the left as well. 

Edited by HMFC01

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I thinks it’s been confirmed.

Where are you seeing it confirmed ?

Edit - ignore me !!

Edited by Lone Striker
Just seer the media reports

1874robbo
50 minutes ago, Hairybanjo said:

Pompey fan I work with saying they're rumoured to be considering a move for Jorge Grant in the summer

I’ll drive him down free of charge.

RustyRightPeg
38 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Penrice will be the best of them all. Without being overly negative, I think the other 2 may struggle to adjust to the demands and will be in and out the team. Penrice has been a standout any time I have seen him and has more natural football ability in him than Cochrane.

I don’t think that’s true at all. 

ArcticJambo

Never got the fuss over Cochrane.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to Penrice playing out left, feel he offers more pace, which we lack.

Bazzas right boot

No ****ing about this time.

Last year the failure to get e

reliable back up for Halkett and Smith hurt us.

In about it, early.

brawlad74
37 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Agree. We're in stick or twist territory now. I really hope we've made a serious attempt to keep him with improved salary tho. What Shanks and Hearts both need is continued goals and Euro performance that might trigger wider interest and bidding war. 

Rick Sanchez
16 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blair-spittal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251587

scroll down a bit.   lists his positions through his career. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blair-spittal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251587/verein/987

scroll down lists his positions for Motherwell. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blair-spittal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251587/verein/2759

Same again but for Ross County. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blair-spittal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251587/wettbewerb/SC1

Last one is 200 games in the Scottish premiership.   Most games were on the right and center.   Fair amount on the left as well. 

Cheers for that 👍

soonbe110
45 minutes ago, BehindYou said:

Yep good point.  Were we to win the Europa league play-off round it would mean we could have 14 cup ties along with league games by Xmas.  Need a big squad just to cover injury, illness etc never mind loss of form 

Uncle Buck
11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’ll drive him down free of charge.

Why?

Anti VAR Association

Excellent early start to transfer business.

As has been said we will need a big squad for Sunday / Thursday football. 

soonbe110
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No ****ing about this time.

Last year the failure to get e

reliable back up for Halkett and Smith hurt us.

In about it, early.

Haven’t signed a rb to replace Smith yet have we? 

cosanostra
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Domestic free transfers like it’s summer 2011…

Let’s hope they’re less Sutton and more cup winners like Taouil, Hamill and Grainger

That's what sprung to mind with me as well. We won a Scottish Cup with those guys. 👍

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nope.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would really like to see a proper RB signed. Atkinson doesn't do it for me. 

Seems to me Naismith is choking to get back to a back 4, but can't because we don't have the squad. With the pre-contracts already leaking, hopefully by early summer the squad will be re-shaped into what he needs. 

martoon

The dotnut thread is superb.

"Squad players, at best,

Cheap options,

Nowhere close to the keewality Hibs will bring in".

Apart from one smart post their delusion is spectacular.

soonbe110
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Would really like to see a proper RB signed. Atkinson doesn't do it for me. 

Seems to me Naismith is choking to get back to a back 4, but can't because we don't have the squad. With the pre-contracts already leaking, hopefully by early summer the squad will be re-shaped into what he needs. 

👍👍I’m sure it will happen. He wants the flexibilty to play three or four at the back. 

cosanostra

Great news to wake up to.

They all seem like solid signings that should hit the ground running and improve us.

Seems a lot like Fraser, Grant and Cochrane will be leaving. Hopefully we can get some money back into the club for the ones we own.

I'm hoping Dan Philips is next but that'll likely mean saying goodbye to Beni.

I'm guessing we'll spend some serious cash in the summer on a centre half and striker. We also seriously need a proper, permanent right back.

Great to see Naismith shaping his squad.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Spittal is a very good signing. He's been playing well for a few seasons now, been a regular everywhere he's played and in his prime. 

I like the idea of signing 'best of the rest' when possible.

Agree think it is an important move on behalf of the club. Poaching the 'Best of the rest' though is not a new concept.  The arse cheeks have been doing it for years often against us. But their arrogance has moved on. The rest isn't good enough for them anymore. If our picks are hungry and step up to the step up the arse cheeks might just get bitten on the bum more than they like..

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

The dotnut thread is superb.

"Squad players, at best,

Cheap options,

Nowhere close to the keewality Hibs will bring in".

Apart from one smart post their delusion is spectacular.

As rivals you are always going to look for the negative side (for them) to your rivals signings, but if Hibs had signed up Dhanda, Penrice and Spittal, I would be thinking that annoyingly they have signed well. Its like last summer Aberdeen signing Devlin, thought it was a smart signing.

51 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

🙏. Can anyone edit that,just to see what he would look like wearing our strip.

Alex-Mowatt.jpg

IMG_8595.thumb.jpeg.316c215746962e0fd3aa33900cc1ac60.jpeg

boag1874

Really happy with our business here, get it done early. Signing these guys on pre contracts not only helps strengthen our own squad but takes them away from signing for a rival and hurting us.

They won’t be our marquee signings but it’s important to have guys like this who know the script and won’t need time to get a feel for the league, they can set the standard early and then hopefully raise their own standards to become important players here like Forrest has, Halkett when fit etc.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Can't see us signing guys who can play a 10 like Dhanda and Spittal if Shankland is staying given the areas he occupies given his lack of pace.

He'll be away I suspect. We'll be a very different attacking proposition next year in all likelihood. More emphasis on pace. The way we play is very much fitted around Shankland just now. Which is understandable.

I just don’t see where Shankland goes 

Dhanda and Spittal signing makes Fraser looking less likely? Not that he's earned it yet.

Pasquale for King

Spittal will be a great signing, not sure anyone has scored for more side’s against us. Don’t know much about Penrice tbh. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal