• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• OTT

johnking123

Think we need better than Fraser.  Next few signings have to be real game changing signings .

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Chimp said:

What does he offer though? I'm genuinely curious as I haven't seen him at all before coming to us. If you've seen plenty of him what is it that he hasn't shown so far

Just a better all round player IMO.

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, and they had decent "Pace"......

:arf:

Fraser for me has been a big disappointment, no better than what we have, so it's a no from me.

soonbe110
48 minutes ago, OTT said:

:lol: I was more concerned about McInnes getting his hands on him! 

Happy with that!

He has already played for Hibs. 

soonbe110
48 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

If, as the EEN article says, he's been carrying an injury, then he won't have been at his best; plus, maybe all his recent uncertainties at his parent club have unsettled him.  Does no harm to give him another season of loan when he can settle in and get fully fit.  Give the guy a chance.

Also had some off field issues as well I believe. 

Gizmo
57 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He'd drop everyone's bags. 

And his positioning was so poor that folk would be checking in to Tynecastle and he'd be sitting waiting on them at the Marriott in Glasgow.

:laugh2: 

Get up to your room, look out and find your suitcases in the Roseburn net...

BigAlim

I specifically watched Fraser when he came on at Tynie against Livi and he reminded me of one of those really old former players on Soccer Aid. Played the short pass comfortably but on the two occasions he tried more than a jog he looked like he was running for a bus that he knew he wouldn’t catch. 

The only feedback from Charlton fans that made me nervous was the accusation that he was lazy. An underlying injury issue could be the explanation for all of this but I personally don’t believe that he’s one of the best midfielders we can afford in the summer window

Fraser has been a big disappointment.  A no from me too.

comradejambo
2 hours ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Heard hearts have come in with new offer to shankland 14k a week , it was on 5 live ,hearts supporting journalist

Mark Donaldson has suggested that figure on Scarves around the funnel this week. Unreal from the club if we have put a package like that up (he didn’t 100% know details but trusts the source).

Dont think the club can do any more! (In fact have gone over and above if this is true) 

Carter

Probably a good chance Naismith is taking a longer term view with Fraser and isn't necessarily deterred by the issues that have reduced his impact so far. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Carter said:

Probably a good chance Naismith is taking a longer term view with Fraser and isn't necessarily deterred by the issues that have reduced his impact so far. 

I think the signing of Dhanda and Spittal tell us all we need to know.  

Batistuta87
42 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Mark Donaldson has suggested that figure on Scarves around the funnel this week. Unreal from the club if we have put a package like that up (he didn’t 100% know details but trusts the source).

Dont think the club can do any more! (In fact have gone over and above if this is true) 

I wonder if a million a year would be enough to get him to sign on the dotted line. And I wonder if the club could sanction that. 

Carter
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Probably. But you never know. Dundee United could be a likely destination.

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I wonder if a million a year would be enough to get him to sign on the dotted line. And I wonder if the club could sanction that. 

Isn't anyway any player at Hearts getting a million pound a year, absolutely no chance

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Isn't anyway any player at Hearts getting a million pound a year, absolutely no chance

If we've offered him £14k a week we're not far off (its about 700-odd-k)

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd be surprised if we've went as high as 14k a week even , turnover of around £20 million mark so don't see us giving that kind of money to one player

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fraser has been injured, never been fit, we are no wiser than the day he walked in

kingantti1874
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'd be surprised if we've went as high as 14k a week even , turnover of around £20 million mark so don't see us giving that kind of money to one player

wouldn’t surprise me at all. Invest in your assets and clearly the type of money we need to be offering to retain our biggest asset. a small fraction of our European income also.  

Edited by kingantti1874

johnking123
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think turnover will be more like £30 million next season. There will be player sales.

Cruyff

Fraser for whatever reason seems to have been unlucky. Good player imo but certainly not shown it. We could spend the money elsewhere.

RustyRightPeg

Left field shout for a youngster we could poach. Taylor Steven from St Johnstone, currently on loan at Alloa, think he scooped player of the month not long ago. Nearly 20 goal involvements this season and scored last night in their promotion play off.

Out of contract in the summer, only 19, plays off the right side with a great left peg. One to keep an eye on.

Threedoorsdown
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

With bonuses based on finishing third which is worth 10x that amount?

Sometimes in life you have to take calculated chances, we can afford to pay £20k plus associated costs that coming with that salary relatively easy. Our turnover last year was about £21m, next year we could do £25m I believe. 

Not to mention the stadium should already be upto regulations, I believe this cost us a few million. That’s costs we won’t have this time around.

We could easily spend millions going through strikers until we find someone like Shanks again. I’d rather throw the money at as close to a sure thing for us as we can get.

I think the problem is Shanks seems to want to push himself onto the next level, if that is the case then good luck to the lad and if he fancies coming back in two years he’s welcome in my book.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

With bonuses based on finishing third which is worth 10x that amount?

Sometimes in life you have to take calculated chances, we can afford to pay £20k plus associated costs that coming with that salary relatively easy. Our turnover last year was about £21m, next year we could do £25m I believe. 

Not to mention the stadium should already be upto regulations, I believe this cost us a few million. That’s costs we won’t have this time around.

We could easily spend millions going through strikers until we find someone like Shanks again. I’d rather throw the money at as close to a sure thing for us as we can get.

I think the problem is Shanks seems to want to push himself onto the next level, if that is the case then good luck to the lad and if he fancies coming back in two years he’s welcome in my book.

Well put.

innerjambo

Fraser is a no for me. Obviously getting worried now, we won't be interested. And he's right. 

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Left field shout for a youngster we could poach. Taylor Steven from St Johnstone, currently on loan at Alloa, think he scooped player of the month not long ago. Nearly 20 goal involvements this season and scored last night in their promotion play off.

Out of contract in the summer, only 19, plays off the right side with a great left peg. One to keep an eye on.

Alloa have done well with their loans this season. As well as Taylor, they have Bobby Wales and Ethan Sutherland on loan who have been linked with big moves down south

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No surprise for me.

He's probably on about half that so the the outlay is what ever is extra, not the entire £14k and when you factor in a replacement the maths add up. 

Plenty ways to make up a contract as well nowadays.

We also need to jump up a wage band or 2 if we want to improve and grow.

Iirc the rumours were we offered Souttar around £8-£10k and that was a semi injured ch, not our best striker in decades and a poty.

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Thats a bloody good offer. If he can push for further contract length I genuinely don't think thats something to knock back. Can still be sold later down the line if a lifechanging offer comes in and he wants to go. 

Saint Jambo
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

£1m would mean adding another 37% on top of that current offer (if accurate).

stuart500
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Alloa have done well with their loans this season. As well as Taylor, they have Bobby Wales and Ethan Sutherland on loan who have been linked with big moves down south

Luke Rankin (19,) of Alloa who was on loan to East Stirling looked a very decent player against the B team. Scored 23 times in 25 games last season. Could be worth paying a development fee.

jr ewing
6 hours ago, Carter said:

Probably. But you never know. Dundee United could be a likely destination.

I hope so.

jr ewing
7 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Luke Rankin (19,) of Alloa who was on loan to East Stirling looked a very decent player against the B team. Scored 23 times in 25 games last season. Could be worth paying a development fee.

There are good options out there if we're clever enough to spot them. 

merseyjambo

Don’t know if anyone else is watching the League 1 play off but been well impressed with Peterborough and a couple of their players. Josh Knight and Ephriam Mason-Clark.

Knight is OOC at end of season.  Mason-Clark is on loan from Coventry.

12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Don’t know if anyone else is watching the League 1 play off but been well impressed with Peterborough and a couple of their players. Josh Knight and Ephriam Mason-Clark.

Peterborough do look a team worth looking at for players. They seem to have a very robust scouting system and the players they sign aren't slouches. 

Kent was excellent, I think Knight would be a shrewd signing and if we lose Shanks, Jonson Clarke-Harris is another that could be a good signing for us. 

Plus Jeando Fuchs! :P 

johnking123
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Peterborough do look a team worth looking at for players. They seem to have a very robust scouting system and the players they sign aren't slouches. 

Kent was excellent, I think Knight would be a shrewd signing and if we lose Shanks, Jonson Clarke-Harris is another that could be a good signing for us. 

Plus Jeando Fuchs! :P 

Knight would be good signing.

Bongo 1874
5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Great work 👏

Bongo 1874
Posted (edited)

Fraser keeps the ball in pressure situations and tries to play out.

He knows the league,and is more than good enough to offer as a squad player.

Losing Beni we will need to replace him for a first team level player,this may prove difficult in summer.

I like our midfield options in terms of the young ones.

Devlin,Nieuwenhof, Denholm,Tait,and I would include Sibbick just a sitter infront of midfield.

We add Fraser that's 6 options to have.

433 0r 4231 3 in,3 out rotate fitness levels.

I would add 2 more due to playing in Europe and our injury history.

My ambitious picks for the two would be Mowatt & Campbell both captain material.

But will need to see how play offs go.

Another I've heard will be made available for loan is Lewis Miley.

Can include Grant too,but I see him as being more attacking midfield

Edited by Bongo 1874

SM Sheffield
49 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Mason-Clark cost Coventry £5m. He is way out of our shopping range.

NottsJambo
3 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

Mason-Clark cost Coventry £5m. He is way out of our shopping range.

He's only on loan because we bought him and immediately loaned him back as part of the deal.

NottsJambo
8 hours ago, BigAlim said:

The only feedback from Charlton fans that made me nervous was the accusation that he was lazy. An underlying injury issue could be the explanation for all of this but I personally don’t believe that he’s one of the best midfielders we can afford in the summer window

That was the exact same comment I got from a Charlton fan

SM Sheffield
Just now, NottsJambo said:

He's only on loan because we bought him and immediately loaned him back as part of the deal.

It was to cut the fee down I believe? Good player and rapid quick 

Pingu

Anyone seen much of Callum Connolly? Defensive midfielder who can cover RB and CB as well. Good age, played a good level but fell out of favour at Blackpool this season and is being released. 

Scott Leitch
30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Fraser keeps the ball in pressure situations and tries to play out.

He knows the league,and is more than good enough to offer as a squad player.

Losing Beni we will need to replace him for a first team level player,this may prove difficult in summer.

I like our midfield options in terms of the young ones.

Devlin,Nieuwenhof, Denholm,Tait,and I would include Sibbick just a sitter infront of midfield.

We add Fraser that's 6 options to have.

433 0r 4231 3 in,3 out rotate fitness levels.

I would add 2 more due to playing in Europe and our injury history.

My ambitious picks for the two would be Mowatt & Campbell both captain material.

But will need to see how play offs go.

Another I've heard will be made available for loan is Lewis Miley.

Can include Grant too,but I see him as being more attacking midfield

😂 

Fraser and Sibbick. 

😂 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

😂

Fraser and Sibbick. 

😂

Yes more than good enough for our league,just a case of getting them to the levels required.

Played down in England both of them.

And have shown they are capable.

I'm not saying first team starters,we need a squad mate.

Watt-Zeefuik
10 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I read that as they've triggered him for another year, fortunately for us and unfortunately for Reading. 

He's triggered me just by y'all mentioning him! I'm having flashbacks now . . .

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think Spittal is going to be playing on the right, not in the middle.

Chaps
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes more than good enough for our league,just a case of getting them to the levels required.

Played down in England both of them.

And have shown they are capable.

I'm not saying first team starters,we need a squad mate.

Sibbick will have been here 2 and half years when the season end yet he still hasn’t cemented a place in the team and still don’t know what his best position in.

Had a purple patch of good form last year but overall he has been disappointing. Should be moved on.

Fraser has shown absolutely nothing to warrant another loan deal.

They’re not good enough for us and should be aiming for better if we want to progress as a club.

Australis

When do the wee team start signing players from Arsenal, PSG, Liverpool, Bayern and Real Madrid.

Bottom 6 signings are not for them.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

He's triggered me just by y'all mentioning him! I'm having flashbacks now . . .

Think Spittal is going to be playing on the right, not in the middle.

He can play right, he can play central, sometimes he won’t play at all.   Naismith has demonstrated that he will use the squad, the concept of a first 11 doesn’t exist anymore imo  

johnking123

Josh Knight just got a bit easier to get. Peterborough lost in play offs. He scored Peterboroughs goal.

• JKBMod 13 changed the title to Hearts Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal