Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Noticed that. 

Don’t know about well covered, Kent and Kingsley are first choice but Sibbick/Neilson/Halkett can’t really be relied on. 

We would need to sign someone aye but not necessarily a starter. I'd be quite happy staying Kent and Kingsley together at the back and actually I prefer Kingsley to Rowles already. Unless there's someone available of course. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

Arthur Morgan
Posted (edited)

I would take Theo Bair for a partner to Shankland, or even as a replacement. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Gordons left glove

Eliot watt out of contract with Salford in the summer. CDM with good numbers.

Screenshot_20240505-121808.png

Hansel

I see Blair Spittal voted motherwell player of the year by his team mates. 👏 

PapaShango
12 hours ago, Carter said:

Second is poor but wtf is Rowles doing yet again. Chronic bad in games against the uglies. Gets really found out.

Yeah agree. This might not be popular but also don’t think Kent has covered himself in glory in the big European games and against the OF although he has been terrific for the majority of the season. Halkett is a massive miss, a fit Halkett is our best defender IMO and hopefully he can get some fitness and form over pre season. 

Carter
12 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah agree. This might not be popular but also don’t think Kent has covered himself in glory in the big European games and against the OF although he has been terrific for the majority of the season. Halkett is a massive miss, a fit Halkett is our best defender IMO and hopefully he can get some fitness and form over pre season. 

I think you have a point re Kent. He's been excellent this season but there have been times he's been found out and that's invariably in the games you mention. 

I fear with the physical build of Halkett that we'll see a reoccurring fitness issues. He's basically been unavailable for 2 years. This time two years ago we were trying to nurture him back for the final. 

tcjambo
27 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think you have a point re Kent. He's been excellent this season but there have been times he's been found out and that's invariably in the games you mention. 

I fear with the physical build of Halkett that we'll see a reoccurring fitness issues. He's basically been unavailable for 2 years. This time two years ago we were trying to nurture him back for the final. 

People said Souttar was finished but plays every week now. A good preseason and we will see if Halkett can re-emerge.

Carter
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

People said Souttar was finished but plays every week now. A good preseason and we will see if Halkett can re-emerge.

Souttar doesn't have legs like tree trunks though. 

13 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Gogic is out of contract in the summer. He's developed into a cracking player since moving back into defence. I'd be delighted if we signed him.

Aye cause he couldn't play against us again! :D Prick turns into prime Maldini every single ****ing time we play them!!

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Gogic is out of contract in the summer. He's developed into a cracking player since moving back into defence. I'd be delighted if we signed him.

Boy turns into a Chucknorris/ Maldini /Puyol/Chiellini/ van damme/ Bruce Lee hybrid of a player v us.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Aye cause he couldn't play against us again! :D Prick turns into prime Maldini every single ****ing time we play them!!

Aww is, beaten to it. 

db211833
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Boy turns into a Chucknorris/ Maldini /Puyol/Chiellini/ van damme/ Bruce Lee hybrid of a player v us.

Not good enough for hibs who now have fish, rocky, Hanlon and triantis 😀

Edited by db211833

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aww is, beaten to it. 

Its so true. 

TBH We should get in there if for no other reason than to stop Derek McInnes getting him. Imagine him in that Killie team 4 CBs including Gogic. They'd be an even more brutal team to break down. 

FWIW I think he'd be a decent option, he doesn't make mistakes or get distracted. He may not be technically gifted, but those traits alone are huge. A back 3 of Gogic Kent Rowles could be pretty resilient. Fact is Sibbick costs goals because for all the fluff he lacks those basic 2 traits. Gogic in the same team doesn't make those mistakes. Also reckon a player that is so limited like that will train harder than anyone else too. Something to think about. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Stuart Findlay would be an obvious signing good solid pro experienced that knows the league and has been terrific for Killie this season, within budget 

3 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Stuart Findlay would be an obvious signing good solid pro experienced that knows the league and has been terrific for Killie this season, within budget 

Would be a common sense signing IMO.

In a back 4, can we navigate around 2 CBs with limited ball playing ability? I think so! Kent and Findlay would be a formidable duo IMO

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Just sold Rangers a goal 😂

BackOfTheNet

Stuart Findlay been touted? Just waiting for the Cumdog shouts and we’ll be in a proper transfer window thread again…

PapaShango
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Stuart Findlay been touted? Just waiting for the Cumdog shouts and we’ll be in a proper transfer window thread again…

If we want to go up a level then need better than Findlay IMO. 

Batistuta87

Pleased as I'd be just playing Kingsley at LCB if Rowles went, Ben Gibson from Norwich would be a great pickup on a Bosman. Basically a left sided Frankie Kent that headers bricks. Cameron Burgess the Aussie CB at Ipswich or Michael Svoboda who we were linked with last year would be good shouts too. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pleased as I'd be just playing Kingsley at LCB if Rowles went, Ben Gibson from Norwich would be a great pickup on a Bosman. Basically a left sided Frankie Kent that headers bricks. Cameron Burgess the Aussie CB at Ipswich or Michael Svoboda who we were linked with last year would be good shouts too. 

Burgess has been a mainstay in the Ipswich team that’ve just been promoted to the Prem. 

Pingu

I'd like to see us looking at stand our performers in League One, or smaller clubs in the Championship, down South, who are out of contract. 

Now that we've got group stage European football confirmed there must be a few guys who are looking for a new challenge. Players who could get £10k a week down south but who might be tempted up here for £6k-£7k, plus European football. Similar profile to Frankie Kent.

Some names (most of whom have been mentioned on this thread!)....

Herbie Kane, Devante Cole and Jordan Williams at Barnsley

Callum Connolly at Blackpool

Jonson Clarke-Harris at Peterborough

Wes Harding at Millwall

merseyjambo

Don’t know what his contract situation is with Cardiff but they’ve got a striker out on loan in Belgium called Isaak Davies who seems to be doing ok out there. 10 or 11 goals for a team threatened with relegation.

Preference for a right back and defender would be ideally UK based. Another Frankie Kent type signing.

We’ve picked up midfielders with SPL experience which I think is crucial.

I’m more than happy for our recruitment team to look outside the UK to get a Miovski type signing or two especially if we lose LS.

There will be so many options out there.

BackOfTheNet

We were way too tentative two years ago when we wrapped up guaranteed group stage football early, no excuses this time. I’m looking for a marquee or two signings this summer. (Marquee for us, obviously, not expecting world class or anything) Got to start pushing the boat out bit by bit if we want to be serious about solidifying 3rd and closing the gap further than we have this year. No point taking the foot off the pedal…

KyleLafferty

I would be gutted if hearts ever went for Findlay.

Think we have makings of a good squad. Two/three good signings(and I mean really good) and we'll be there.

Gorgierools
Just now, RENE said:

Think we have makings of a good squad. Two/three good signings(and I mean really good) and we'll be there.

Agreed, think Shanks will stay maybe extend. Get rid of Grant,flatters to decide. Probably get cash for Cochrane. Get Armstrong a strong CB a RB and a big hardass for upfront 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Its so true. 

TBH We should get in there if for no other reason than to stop Derek McInnes getting him. Imagine him in that Killie team 4 CBs including Gogic. They'd be an even more brutal team to break down. 

FWIW I think he'd be a decent option, he doesn't make mistakes or get distracted. He may not be technically gifted, but those traits alone are huge. A back 3 of Gogic Kent Rowles could be pretty resilient. Fact is Sibbick costs goals because for all the fluff he lacks those basic 2 traits. Gogic in the same team doesn't make those mistakes. Also reckon a player that is so limited like that will train harder than anyone else too. Something to think about. 

Yeah,  although I'd prefer a Findlay or a... Dunne.

Gogic, I just don't like him although he has improved quite a bit since his Hamilton days where I thought he was just a gangster.

Should we be in for the boy Moalida I know he is only playing for a bottom six club but he looks to have been a standout and also available. 

😜

Gorgierools
Posted (edited)

A wee bid in for Marcondes please. Even if just for the piss,n,biscuits

Edited by Gorgierools

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Burgess has been a mainstay in the Ipswich team that’ve just been promoted to the Prem. 

Never a PL defender though, and hasn't been offered a new deal (yet). Their retained list will be out in a couple of weeks and bar a few I reckon they'll be clearing out anyone out of contract. They'll get absolutely nowhere with the likes of Harry Clarke and Burgess in their defence. Of course Burgess will have a strong chance of another Champ team but why shouldn't we keep tabs. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
48 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Same. 

Would be interesting to know how we got the likes of Kent, Kenny V, Oda, and some of the Ozzie boys?

how do these guys decide to come here? I’m sure Vargas and Oda hadn’t heard of us beforehand.

Rick Sanchez
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Rods said:

Should we be in for the boy Moalida I know he is only playing for a bottom six club but he looks to have been a standout and also available. 

😜

Taking a player from those tramps would be next level stuff. They only care about Moalida and Marcondes. 

Marcondes out of contract and Maolida you'd be dealing with his German club.

One of them and Dhanda scoring into them next season...

300px-Oof_Size_Large_шаблон.jpg

Edited by Rick Sanchez

Doc Rob
2 hours ago, Carter said:

Souttar doesn't have legs like tree trunks though. 

No. He seems to have the world’s most fragile Achilles tendons though. 

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Never a PL defender though, and hasn't been offered a new deal (yet). Their retained list will be out in a couple of weeks and bar a few I reckon they'll be clearing out anyone out of contract. They'll get absolutely nowhere with the likes of Harry Clarke and Burgess in their defence. Of course Burgess will have a strong chance of another Champ team but why shouldn't we keep tabs. 

Never a hearts player either though. He’ll make 5x what we could offer him at a Norwich or a Sunderland. 

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

its a pretty realistic shout though. 

Jimmy Dunne, much as we'd all love him back isn't likely to be within our scope to afford. 

Don't get me wrong. We should try and see. Especially if this interest in Rowles from Saudi materialises. 

But I think Findlay, especially as a left sided option, is going to be pretty solid and realistic as suggestions go. Not every signing needs to be a rockstar. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Lewis Mayo seems a better bet, much younger too.

It’s a position I’d really like to see us strengthen with some quality and experience. 

Looking at English Championship:

Liam Cooper at Leeds, deal up at end of season…Murray Wallace at Millwall, Kai Naismith at Bristol City etc

Doc Rob
1 minute ago, OTT said:

its a pretty realistic shout though. 

Jimmy Dunne, much as we'd all love him back isn't likely to be within our scope to afford. 

Don't get me wrong. We should try and see. Especially if this interest in Rowles from Saudi materialises. 

But I think Findlay, especially as a left sided option, is going to be pretty solid and realistic as suggestions go. Not every signing needs to be a rockstar. 

It’s been rumoured before. The fact is that what our defence needs is a no-nonsense leadership type who stamps his authority on the game. He doesn’t need to be a ball player too. Halkett was brilliant at this for us, but we don’t know whether he will get back there or not.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It’s been rumoured before. The fact is that what our defence needs is a no-nonsense leadership type who stamps his authority on the game. He doesn’t need to be a ball player too. Halkett was brilliant at this for us, but we don’t know whether he will get back there or not.

Yeah, something I've been kind of thinking about is that instead of trying to get bogged down finding fantastic footballers, we'd be better spent trying to find footballers that can do simple things really well, and know their role inside out. 

IMO things at our level fall apart when you start pushing styles of play which go beyond the skillset of the players you have. 2 no nonsense CBs in Kent & Findlay aren't conceding cheap goals and provide the sort of solid base which the rest of the team can go forward with confidence on. 

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Never a hearts player either though. He’ll make 5x what we could offer him at a Norwich or a Sunderland. 

You never know mate. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

You never know mate. 

I’ll eat my hat if one of the best defenders in the championship this season signs for us over a team down there. 

Would bloody love it mind you. 

49 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Lewis Mayo seems a better bet, much younger too.

It’s a position I’d really like to see us strengthen with some quality and experience. 

Looking at English Championship:

Liam Cooper at Leeds, deal up at end of season…Murray Wallace at Millwall, Kai Naismith at Bristol City etc

I'm not posting this to be negative btw, just purely devils advocate:

Lewis Mayo - Will be viewed as an investment by Killie. They will be banking on 7 figures down South. Unlikely to entertain a bid from us (or rather we're unlikely to meet their valuation).

Liam Cooper is English - His life, wife, family, kids etc. will all be settled. I doubt this would be on the cards and after experiencing Glenn Whelan and Snodgrass leaving their family down south, it wouldn't be a situation I'd be keen to encourage. 

Murray Wallace - Under a "long term contract", unclear how long is left. Don't imagine long, and has previously played with Kingsley, I'd be keen if a deal could be done. Although fee likely to be needed. 

Kai Naismith - Maybe the most achievable, although not sure he's what we need. 

I think one of the big problems in Scotland is that every club has hopes of selling their best and brightest young talents for megabucks so are rarely willing to deal with another Scottish club. Findlay seems the most realistic left sided CB we could get. My dream would be Jimmy Dunne but if not him, Findlay would be a solid bet. 

SectionN

Paddy McNair leaving Middlesborough.

I know he’s out of our league but that would be a great statement of intent.

tcjambo
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Deas or Mayo would be better and younger, so will improve further.

Ranga82

I'd go as far as to say there is not a single player in the league that takes us to the next level. Good options that we should look to make the most of when building the squad but we need players that improve the 1st 11 instantly. Dhanda, Spittal etc are great but I feel we need to be looking outside the league. Too many cries for players that don't really stand out in our league

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, Ranga82 said:

I'd go as far as to say there is not a single player in the league that takes us to the next level. Good options that we should look to make the most of when building the squad but we need players that improve the 1st 11 instantly. Dhanda, Spittal etc are great but I feel we need to be looking outside the league. Too many cries for players that don't really stand out in our league

Disagree to an extent. There's a few class players that would improve us within the league and we've nabbed. 2 already. Armstrong and Mayo would undoubtedly make our squad stronger but add a couple of top dollar signings from out with and we're well on our way . The league's not full of tom kite,it's full of potential bargains 

17 hours ago, Butterbean1874 said:

What’s the thoughts on Simon Murray? I know he’s a ex Hibby but by god every time I’ve seen him this season he works his arse of the full 90mins never gives defenders a minute, but by god he’s a ugly guy haha 

Quite honestly he'd be far better than a lot of the suggestions i've seen on here. But we can do better.

jambo-rocker

Need to stop bringing up players that are having a good 6 game streak. What are they like at worst? If they're still pulling Michael Smith level performances on a bad day, great but I'll guarantee you suggesting your Findlays and Simon thirty-****ing-two Murrays are not fit for the level we're wanting to get to.

Howdy Doody Jambo
24 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

Need to stop bringing up players that are having a good 6 game streak. What are they like at worst? If they're still pulling Michael Smith level performances on a bad day, great but I'll guarantee you suggesting your Findlays and Simon thirty-****ing-two Murrays are not fit for the level we're wanting to get to.

We've got to be realistic, within budget, seasoned good professional's preferably that know Scottish football so there's less adjustment to settle in and that stays fit playing solid 90 minute game's consistent full seasons 

Id rather take Findlay over an young unproven loan signing 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

We've got to be realistic, within budget, seasoned good professional's preferably that know Scottish football so there's less adjustment to settle in and that stays fit playing solid 90 minute game's consistent full seasons 

Id rather take Findlay over an young unproven loan signing 

We should be looking to sign our own players rather than loan players imo

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal