• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

Hansel
6 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

I used to go to Theo bairs barber and apparently Theo told him that he wants to join rangers or Celtic in the summer. Preferably Celtic.

Doubt he's at that level yet. Maybe another good season to show he's not a flash in the pan. I'd take him at hearts though.

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Cochrane? Is he getting it now 🤣

ffs guys been brilliant for us 

I'm not a fan of him simple as that. All about opinions, you may really rate him but I don't.

stevie

Get the lad McCowan in (Dundee) he be an absolute star at Hearts.

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

I don’t think Zander will be here next season 

Agreed, Celtic bound I fear. However,the fee will buy better. Boy at Saints for example 

chester copperpot

From what I've heard (and please don't take this as gospel), Craig will be back to number one next season and I'm ok with that. 

Rick Sanchez

Clark is good but he's not Celtic good :laugh:

2m plus Bain or Siegrist please.

GinRummy
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Woul take Siegrist but wouldn’t want Bain. A million would do 😊

Edited by GinRummy

Swanny17
15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Cash only please. 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Woul take Siegrist but wouldn’t want Bain. 

I only suggested him as a Hearts fan willing to play backup but you're probably right :laugh:

jamboinglasgow
33 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

From what I've heard (and please don't take this as gospel), Craig will be back to number one next season and I'm ok with that. 

Wonder if we would put Stone as second choice, with him getting game time every so often to build him up. Maybe with another experienced keeper as third choice in case Gordon got injured so that we have a back up to Stone.

Threedoorsdown
1 hour ago, feej said:

I'm not a fan of him simple as that. All about opinions, you may really rate him but I don't.

I think Cochrane is a good player. However his realising his value is probably worth more to us than his playing ability due his nationality.

grumpyespana
59 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Zander had some cracking saves today which would have impressed Celtic.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

really.  That’s interesting. Then I’d defo go for the guy from saints 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Easily replaced, not by that donkey at St Johnstone though. 

kingantti1874
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, feej said:

fair doos.  Literally the first time I’ve ever heard that take hence my shock.  Will make us a fair wedge if he goes imo

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

If we lose Zander maybe go for Saint Johnstone keeper

How we gonna lose Zander, he ain't exactly a set of ****ing car keys now, is he?

Brick-Top.jpg

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

fair doos.  Literally the first time I’ve ever heard that take hence my shock.  Will make us a fair wedge if he goes imo

For me he's just one of these players I'm not fussed about. 

You're correct though I think he'll make us a few quid.

13 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

I think Cochrane is a good player. However his realising his value is probably worth more to us than his playing ability due his nationality.

I think some on here said he wants a move, I'll not be gutted if he goes and I think he'll make us a few quid.

PapaShango

If Clark goes I’m not too fussed. Decent keeper but he’s still keeping our number one out the side. The first two goals are on him today second one is really poor goalkeeping. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, PapaShango said:

If Clark goes I’m not too fussed. Decent keeper but he’s still keeping our number one out the side. The first two goals are on him today second one is really poor goalkeeping. 

Absolutely. His value wont go any higher than it is now so it’s a good time to sell. 

Pasquale for King

We don’t really need anyone else of that ilk but Sam Nicholson can still hit a shot. Hope he gets a good move. 

Aussie Jambo

Who should we really drop in summer?

Two loan players ✔️

Rowles, Devlin & Atkinson✔️

(hate to say it being Aussie Jambo but they’ve not really done much the last few seasons to merit staying and in my opinion give the ball away too easy)

Grant  Boyce✔️

Tagawa Sibbick Haring✔️ 

Has Halliday actually signed for Motherwell yet? 

What with the apparent gossip Beni, Shanks & Cochrane possibly leaving. Now according to new gossip Zander which I think is shite. He won’t leave hearts and he’s definitely not going to smeltic. 

That’s over a full team bar a goalie. 

But where are we going to find replacements? We have three coming in (Dhanda Spittal & Penrice) but that’s all that we know of. 

Gordons left glove
Posted (edited)

Some suggestions. Grul out of contract at rapid wien in the summer. Cameron brannagan putting up great numbers consistently for Oxford.

Edit* grull is a winger and brannagan is a cm

Screenshot_20240504-213149.png

Screenshot_20240504-213131.png

Edited by Gordons left glove

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

Some suggestions. Grul out of contract at rapid wien in the summer. Cameron brannagan putting up great numbers consistently for Oxford.

Edit* grull is a winger and brannagan is a cm

Grull is off to Werder Bremen in the summer.

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

Grull joining werder bremen mate.

Gordons left glove
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Grull joining werder bremen mate.

oh never realised. Oh well.

Gordons left glove
Posted (edited)

And some more. No idea about their contract situationsScreenshot_20240504-213816.thumb.png.e0622ccb4898e1bf0b0fe28837c09f14.png

Screenshot_20240504-213905.png

Screenshot_20240504-214132.png

Edited by Gordons left glove

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Agreed, Celtic bound I fear. However,the fee will buy better. Boy at Saints for example 

If Clark is planning on becoming sellik reserve keeper then he should go now to guarantee his place on the plane to Germany 

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

As @chester copperpotsaid there’s been rumours going round Celtic are interested. Hart retiring. 

Looked awfy cosy with Hart and McGregor at FT today. Geez a million quid. 

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Rowles to Saudi is a shout I’ve heard. 

We're quite well covered at CB so if there's Saudi money is on the table for Rowles when we already have Kingsley to replace him, I'd bite their hand off. Nothing against him but we'd no doubt make an excellent profit. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If Clark is planning on becoming sellik reserve keeper then he should go now to guarantee his place on the plane to Germany 

They’re looking for a number 1 as Hart is retiring, lets hope he goes there for a decent fee. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Looked awfy cosy with Hart and McGregor at FT today. Geez a million quid. 

Noticed that. 

11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We're quite well covered at CB so if there's Saudi money is on the table for Rowles when we already have Kingsley to replace him, I'd bite their hand off. Nothing against him but we'd no doubt make an excellent profit. 

Don’t know about well covered, Kent and Kingsley are first choice but Sibbick/Neilson/Halkett can’t really be relied on. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I can agree to some extent, but remember the howling from the stands that Levein was meddling too much, picking the team, etc. The whole didn't-actually-happen note passed down from Levein to Cathro, etc.***

Cathro is extremely headstrong, I'm sure he was telling Levein he absolutely needed a certain kind of player and couldn't be bothered to make limited but still perfectly serviceable players like Perry Kitchen work in his system. If it had gotten out that Levein wasn't giving Cathro the players he wanted, there would have been a torches and pitchforks contingent.

Ultimately it's on Levein as Cathro plainly was not fit to be a manager and it was Levein who made the hire.

*** Folk will get worked up about this but those are two events that have gotten merged together. Levein summoned Jon Daly (I think) to pass a message, so effectively the same thing, but there wasn't a note in that instance. Cathro handed a note to Perry Kitchen at the side of the pitch.

Did it have "sweep the leg" written on it?

tenor.gif?itemid=14779805

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Famous 1874

So by the sounds of it we could be losing Rowles and Clark. Both replaceable imo.

Should get a decent fee for Zander, especially if it’s Celtic who are sniffing about. Then we should get a very good fee from a Saudi club for Rowles due to his contract situation. 

Cochrane & Shankland probably the 2 other players that could go. Penrice already in the door. Shankland replacement a very difficult task if he were to go. 

Beni away on a free as it stands. So potentially half of our team basically could be away. 

Quite a few others I wouldn’t be unhappy to see leave. A summer of change it seems. 

hearts00
5 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Good point, if there is anything in these rumours then Celtic will have to pay a giar whack. He is a Scottish international. £3-5m? 

hearts00
47 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

So by the sounds of it we could be losing Rowles and Clark. Both replaceable imo.

Should get a decent fee for Zander, especially if it’s Celtic who are sniffing about. Then we should get a very good fee from a Saudi club for Rowles due to his contract situation. 

Cochrane & Shankland probably the 2 other players that could go. Penrice already in the door. Shankland replacement a very difficult task if he were to go. 

Beni away on a free as it stands. So potentially half of our team basically could be away. 

Quite a few others I wouldn’t be unhappy to see leave. A summer of change it seems. 

Wild if there is that much change in the summer. Far too many decent to good players to lose there. 

Carter
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wonder if we would put Stone as second choice, with him getting game time every so often to build him up. Maybe with another experienced keeper as third choice in case Gordon got injured so that we have a back up to Stone.

If Clark was to leave this summer I'd be absolutely amazed if we go into a campaign with group stage football with a 41 year old and a guy who hasn't played meaningfully beyond Scottish League One. 

Carter
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Second is poor but wtf is Rowles doing yet again. Chronic bad in games against the uglies. Gets really found out.

JamboAl
5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm not sure Stone's career is progressing as we hoped and wonder if McFarlane is now ahead of him in the pecking order.

Either way I'd expect a more experienced keeper to be signed as No 2 if Clark goes.

cosanostra

If Clark was to leave, we could probably get a couple of million for him. I think he's replaceable. We could sign a replacement and another decent player or two with that amount.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not sure Stone's career is progressing as we hoped and wonder if McFarlane is now ahead of him in the pecking order.

Either way I'd expect a more experienced keeper to be signed as No 2 if Clark goes.

If they did that, then what is the point in Stone. Another experienced keeper to be no. 2 is just kicking the can further down the road. Either we should be signing a keeper who want to be number 1 or we trust a player who has played over 5,000 minutes of competitive football to be back up.

tazhearts

Gogic is out of contract in the summer. He's developed into a cracking player since moving back into defence. I'd be delighted if we signed him.

Bob Loblaw

Maybe wrong but would be amazed if Celtic would be after Clark. They often arrogantly think they can do better and will spend big money with the CL coming up IMO.

JamboAl
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If they did that, then what is the point in Stone. Another experienced keeper to be no. 2 is just kicking the can further down the road. Either we should be signing a keeper who want to be number 1 or we trust a player who has played over 5,000 minutes of competitive football to be back up.

I don't know if Stone has performed well enough to be No2 but suffice to say that Naismith felt the need to have 3 experienced international keepers available until McGovern went on loan to Livi.

If Clark does go and probably McGovern too, I cannot see us sticking with one experienced keeper and a rookie bearing in mind we will have European fixtures as well as bread and butter stuff.

Carter
9 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Gogic is out of contract in the summer. He's developed into a cracking player since moving back into defence. I'd be delighted if we signed him.

He's extremely effective when properly utilised. Never feel he shits himself against anyone. We could definitely do worse.

Carter
5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Maybe wrong but would be amazed if Celtic would be after Clark. They often arrogantly think they can do better and will spend big money with the CL coming up IMO.

They also absolutely hate spending money in Scotland. 

Butterbean1874

What’s the thoughts on Simon Murray? I know he’s a ex Hibby but by god every time I’ve seen him this season he works his arse of the full 90mins never gives defenders a minute, but by god he’s a ugly guy haha 

Arthur Morgan
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

What’s the thoughts on Simon Murray? I know he’s a ex Hibby but by god every time I’ve seen him this season he works his arse of the full 90mins never gives defenders a minute, but by god he’s a ugly guy haha 

Would have taken him if he was like 5 years younger. I would hope we could do better now though. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal